Reviews
Efficacy
54%
Based on All Available Studies
Strength of Evidence
Note: Benzoyl peroxide clears the skin completely when applied correctly.
Topical Antibacterial
Side Effects
Low-Medium
Acne.org’s Real World Take
It’s been a staple of acne treatment for decades for a reason. When used properly it can completely clear the skin and it is widely available and affordable. Comes with annoying side effects for the first few weeks and can bleach fabric.
How to Get It
This is an over-the-counter treatment. Here are some places you can find it online.
Read All About Benzoyl Peroxide

Used Benzoyl Peroxide? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
February 2, 2023
Testing Clean & Clear
Unfortunately, this product did not totally rid me of acne but it did ease any discomfort from painful acne and made my face feel smooth and refreshed after each use (usually morning). I'm sure the Benzoyl Peroxide would be more effective in a different product/application.
January 24, 2023
works very well
it worked well on my skin
This Was Helpful

1 user(s) found this helpful

February 2, 2023
Glad to see this is working for you!
January 20, 2023
Topical Antibacterial
For those scared of the side affects
Stay the course!! Yes, you’ve heard it, benzoyl peroxide is always going to have side affects in the beginning. Redness, extreme dryness, irritation, flaking skin, it’s uncomfortable! But in my experience as someone with incredibly sensitive skin, I believed BP didn’t work for me and was too intense, and I never used it consistently enough to get past the side affects. Once I finally did, my skin has never been better! I struggled with painful cystic forehead acne, and as of now I haven’t had a single blemish on my forehead in almost a year. If you use this once every few days, or only a few drops because you’re scared of the redness it will cause, your skin will never adjust to the treatment. Follow the instructions given, go all in, stay on top of moisturizing and brave the side affects for a couple weeks, and after that, your skin returns to normal. I use 2 full pumps morning and night and experience NO redness, and my skin remains shiny and moisturized after I put on my moisturizer. It works, just stick with it!
January 16, 2023
Topical Antibacterial
The best BP treatment on the market
I have been a LONG time user. This is in my opinion essentially the greatest BP product to ever exist. In simple, it works. The reason why it works is because the formulation lends toward absorption. Many other BP products just sit on the surface and end up crusting over. This BP is mixed into a moisturizing base. Not only does it absorb, but it does not overly dry. It will irritate slightly at the beginning as will most anything that your skin is not accustomed to. Over a short time it will subside especially if you follow the recommended doses. Start small and work up to the full coverage amount. Another aspect of this product that I love - that is also true about everything Daniel Kern produces - is that it is sold in larger quantities for a much more reasonable price than anything else you can get over the counter. It makes you feel like you can actually use the quantity needed and not break the bank.
October 19, 2022
Topical Antibacterial
12 year user of the product and still LOVE IT.

I absolutely love this product. I started using the regimen 12 years ago! After about 4-5 years I did accutane so that I didn’t have to be married to this routine 2x a day every day. But I still use the cleanser to this day and don’t think I’ll ever switch!

May 4, 2022
Favourite BP out there!

I have dealt with breakouts on and off throughout my life and I always found benzoyl peroxide to be what worked best for me. However as I hit 30 a couple years ago my skin got more sensitive and I had to change and minimize my routine. I was looking for a straight forward BP with no unnecessary fragrances or ingredients. I came across this brand very randomly and I’m so glad I did. I love that you have the option to buy the whole routine or just a specific product as well having different sizing options. I find it lasts a great amount of time. It works great, even for my normally dry skin and I recommend it to everyone that needs help with acne. Never stop making it!

April 23, 2022
Topical Antibacterial
Amazing! Best Benzoyl Peroxide you can buy!!

This is the best benzoyl peroxide you can get. Please try it. It works like a miracle with the regimen. Be patient and find the amount that works for you. Thank you Dan. A miracle!

18DB1212-941A-4D6E-B97D-77B94885FD59.jpeg

November 22, 2021
Highly recommend

this product saved my life this is the best pimple treatment I know just see the result on the picture. This is my favorite product. I even did a tiktok video about this product you can check on [Removed personal information].

20200520_123945.jpg

20200520_124109.jpg

IMG-20200606-WA0013.jpeg

20210920_101715.jpg

November 21, 2021
Product used: The Regimen
Exceptional

I don't normally post reviews, but I felt like these products needed one. If you are thinking about buying the regimen, do it! I had a massive outbreak after some health issues, and nothing was helping my skin. I felt so self conscious, and did not know what to do, especially because I never had breakouts so bad in the past. Within a couple days of diligently applying the regime, my skin was noticeably clearer. Within a few weeks, my skin was totally better, without scars too! Now a year later, my skin is still good, and sudden breakouts don't last as long.

If I had to critique something, it would be that maintaining clear skin is only maintainable when all 3 products are used properly (wash, cream, and lotion). I found that when I would only use the wash and benzoyl creme, my skin would still flare up- Mostly because I got lazy with always doing it 2x a day and felt the lotion didn't do anything (I was wrong lol). However, when using all 3 2 x a day my skin stays good. I mean, its not a complaint against the products because they are designed to work together- but it adds up always having to buy the three products just to maintain the skin. But for me, its worth it because it really does works.

November 10, 2021
Holy grail status

I feel I have a duty to inform this community of how amazing the acne.org products have been in treating my acne prone skin. I have been using the benzoyl peroxide and AHA moisturizer for almost a decade. Prior to that I had jumped from expensive product to expensive product and nothing worked. I had taken antibiotics for my acne, seen a dermatologist and nothing seemed to make a difference. After doing a lot of research online I stumbled upon the acne.org site and saw the products that were offered, "the regimen." I thought what the hell. I tried it the way it was intended. The regimen did clear my acne faster than lightening, but after a few months I had to stop with all the benzoyl peroxide because it was far too drying. I had also purchased the AHA that is sold and had a thought.. why don't I try putting that under the BP. After a few days of doing this.. my skin looked incredible. I never break out, it's rare that I ever get a single pimple anymore, my skin is baby soft, and all these years later I've been able to back off on the amount of these products I use and incorporate some others into my routine. These two will forever be a part of it though.. they are incredible. Thank you acne.org for saving my skin.

Finding a Doctor

The right dermatologist can make a big difference to your patient experience and the success of your acne treatment plan. Here are the steps to find a dermatologist who is a good fit:

1. Use the search feature on the American Academy of Dermatology website to look for board-certified dermatologists in your area, and filter the search results for doctors with a special interest in treating acne.
  2. Read online patient reviews of any dermatologists you are considering and ask people you know whether they have any experience with these dermatologists.
  3. Do your research and go to your first appointment with questions prepared.
  4. Listen to what your gut feeling tells you once you see a dermatologist in person. If you are not completely comfortable, try a different dermatologist.

Finding a Doctor

Only a select few plastic surgeons specialize in acne scar revision surgery. Be certain to find a provider who specializes in acne scar repair and who is passionate and experienced in this area.

Be sure to:

• Look at before and after photos, the more the better, especially patients with similar scarring to your own.
  • Be realistic about results. Look for improvement, not a cure.

Questions to ask a potential scar revision specialist:

• Are you board certified? Be certain that they are board certified.
  • How long have you been performing these procedures? Normally, the more experience the better, however, some younger surgeons may be more on top of the latest procedures.
  • Can I speak to some of your other patients? Ask for references for several patients who had similar scarring and speak to them about the process and their satisfaction with results.

Red flags:

• Their story changes: As you discuss different treatment options, if they tend to change their mind easily, or agree with whatever you say, consider this a red flag. A confident, experienced surgeon will possess strong, unwavering opinions.
  • Your gut tells you "no": Trust your gut. If you just don't feel that the doctor is the right fit, trust that and move on. On the other hand, if you feel they are the perfect specialist for you, trust that feeling.