Reviews
Efficacy
54%
Based on All Available Studies
Strength of Evidence
Note: Benzoyl peroxide clears the skin completely when applied correctly.
Topical Antibacterial
Side Effects
Low-Medium
Acne.org’s Real World Take
It’s been a staple of acne treatment for decades for a reason. When used properly it can completely clear the skin and it is widely available and affordable. Comes with annoying side effects for the first few weeks and can bleach fabric.
How to Get It
This is an over-the-counter treatment. Here are some places you can find it online.
Read All About Benzoyl Peroxide

Used Benzoyl Peroxide? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
February 1, 2021
Topical Antibacterial
I've always bought this but not anymore

On August 2020 I bought this as I always have as this is the only 2.5%  benzoyl peroxide that I can find but this year they must have changed their formulation for a cheaper alternative or I must have gotten a defective one because when I used it, it burned my face really bad. I thought I probably just need to put moisturizer first but it didn't help. My face turned red the next day and very itchy. It was like this for two days, it was like a chemical burn. I hope you read this and bring back the previous formulation. Thanks!

3 user(s) found this helpful

January 21, 2021
좋아요(KR)

?????? ? ???? ??(????)? ?? ????

20? ? ??? ?? ????.

8oz 2?.??? ???? ??? ? 5??? ?? ???.

?? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????.

20210121_135731.jpg

January 6, 2021
Product used: The Regimen
Review

Here are pictures of my break outs before and after using the acne regimen from here. I starting breaking out 2 years ago around the month of September I believe and I really did not know what had caused my break out. I usually don?t get acne but in my case these break out were pretty bad. To my luck I came across this website as I was trying to find ways to clear my acne/pimples and remove acne scars. After trying it out I starting noticing a change probably about 2-3 weeks in but I kept using it until about 2 months later I stopped the treatment and moisturizer and have only been using it when I start to break out a bit again and trust me, this thing works like MAGIC. My break out would clear the next day or two. The treatment bottle and moisturizer bottled are still full. And believe it or not I still am using the same cleanser bottle! For almost 2 years I have been using the same cleanser bottle!!! A little goes a long way! I am very happy with my results :)

ACAB776B-3AFB-4897-A12C-19905455959D.jpeg

AA00708D-2AFA-4E00-BE9E-39D2814DA0D0.jpeg

1 user(s) found this helpful

January 3, 2021
Topical Antibacterial
Best thing that happened to my skin

I suffered moderate acne through out my entire teenage years and early 20s, tried most topical solutions and nothing worked well. Eventually, I stumbled upon this when I was 20 and it improved my skin completely. I went from being known as "acne girl" among my high school friends to someone who is known for having great skin among my new friends during my 3rd year in college. Many of my friends asked what I used and I pointed them to this site. I had really oily skin so I would just use a toner after cleanse, Benzoyl Peroxide, then AHA, without any moisturizer. If I don't use BP for a week or 2 the acnes would pop up again so I know for a fact BP keeps them at Bay. The AHA helped fade my acne scar and made my skin feel so soft! By the time when I was 26 I could finally say goodbye to my acnes and BP. However, I m adding AHA back to my routine as it helps soften my skin and reduce fine lines.

I really wish I had found out about this in my teenage years! I now have a 3 year old and she will probably need this in 10 years since both hubby and I had acne-prone skin. I will definitely return when the time comes!

December 28, 2020
Topical Antibacterial
Such an amazing product. Life changer!

Ever since i was a teenager i had constant breakouts. i had very bad cysts all over my cheeks. I had tried EVERYTHING, until my friend mentioned this product. After a couple months i saw results. Its been two years since I started using this product and it's changed my life. I do not break out nearly as much as before. I cannot live without this product!!!

December 17, 2020
Topical Antibacterial
Female, adult, hormonal acne.

I am 34 years old and started having issues with my skin in my early twenties.

I know it is hormonal because I only breakout on my chin, jawline and cheeks.

In 2013 when my first son was two-years-old, my skin went haywire. I was breaking out like a teenage boy going through puberty.

I stumbled upon this regimen and decided to give it a try because of the reviews, the price, and it’s simplicity.

Well, it worked. After a few months of use, my skin was completely clear. I continued to use the entire regimen for over a year and eventually stopped, and my acne was at bay for a few years.

Well, I had a second child and low and behold, a few years after he was born, my hormonal acne returned. I tried different methods for over a year to try and get rid of it (not sure why I didn’t go straight back to this regimen after how well it worked the first time), but I finally returned to what I know works.

I have been using the regimen for a couple weeks now and my skin is already clearing.

But, please remember, the first weeks/month of using this regimen is tough. I have extremely sensitive skin so right now it is red, extremely flaky, and very dry. But I know (from experience) this will go away and within a few months, my skin will be glowing again.

These products DO WORK. Good skin (for some of us) takes a lot of work. So if you’re willing to go through the short-lived battle to be pimple-free, this regimen is for you!

December 21, 2020

Are you familiar with Pernox?

December 17, 2020
BP seems different

I used to love this product for it’s simplicity. The last bottle I purchased had a weird plastic odor and feels much more irritating on my skin. When I reach out about this problem I was sent a replacement bottle but the replacement also had the strange smell and felt slightly irritating on my skin. They said the ingredients haven’t changed. I’m wondering if there was a bad batch or something of the big size? I will purchase the smaller tube once more and see if it still has the weird smell. I’m very sad about this because I genuinely love this product normally.

3 user(s) found this helpful

December 15, 2020
Topical Antibacterial
Best thing ever for my acne

You obviously won’t see results in like a week..or you could..but trust me apply this during your bedtime routine EVERY NIGHT and you will see results. It’s the only treatment that has been working for my face and I 100% recommend this benzoyl peroxide treatment. My face is finally almost acne free, obviously the annoying menstrual acne shows up but it goes away within 3 days of using this. MAKE SURE NOT TO TOUCH YOUR FACE! And drink plenty of water, try not to consume so much sugar and milk too. I can’t explain with words how happy I am to have found this treatment!!! Also the customer service is amazing!!!

November 18, 2020
Works very well for me

Tried a 5% benzoyl peroxide spot cream and it works very well for me. But it may cause some irritation. So be careful.

November 12, 2020
Life changing

I’ve suffered with hormonal acne for over 10 years which has worsened every year, I’m now almost 40 and decided to try this and wow, it has changed my life. The first month is tough but stick with it, it works. If I put anything else on my skin I get terrible breakouts, this is it for me now, would not use any other product. I would love it if you could add SPF to your moisturiser it would help so much with anti- aging.

Finding a Doctor

The right dermatologist can make a big difference to your patient experience and the success of your acne treatment plan. Here are the steps to find a dermatologist who is a good fit:

1. Use the search feature on the American Academy of Dermatology website to look for board-certified dermatologists in your area, and filter the search results for doctors with a special interest in treating acne.
  2. Read online patient reviews of any dermatologists you are considering and ask people you know whether they have any experience with these dermatologists.
  3. Do your research and go to your first appointment with questions prepared.
  4. Listen to what your gut feeling tells you once you see a dermatologist in person. If you are not completely comfortable, try a different dermatologist.

Finding a Doctor

Only a select few plastic surgeons specialize in acne scar revision surgery. Be certain to find a provider who specializes in acne scar repair and who is passionate and experienced in this area.

Be sure to:

• Look at before and after photos, the more the better, especially patients with similar scarring to your own.
  • Be realistic about results. Look for improvement, not a cure.

Questions to ask a potential scar revision specialist:

• Are you board certified? Be certain that they are board certified.
  • How long have you been performing these procedures? Normally, the more experience the better, however, some younger surgeons may be more on top of the latest procedures.
  • Can I speak to some of your other patients? Ask for references for several patients who had similar scarring and speak to them about the process and their satisfaction with results.

Red flags:

• Their story changes: As you discuss different treatment options, if they tend to change their mind easily, or agree with whatever you say, consider this a red flag. A confident, experienced surgeon will possess strong, unwavering opinions.
  • Your gut tells you "no": Trust your gut. If you just don't feel that the doctor is the right fit, trust that and move on. On the other hand, if you feel they are the perfect specialist for you, trust that feeling.