Solodyn : Oral Antibiotic

Reviews
3.2
354 Reviews

Minocycline hydrochloride.

Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, magnesium stearate NF, colloidal silicon dioxide NF, and carnauba wax NF.

The 45 mg tablets also contain:
Lactose monohydrate NF, hypromellose type 2910 USP, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and iron oxide black JPE. The 65 mg tablets also contain Opadry II Blue which contains: hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, FD&C Blue #1, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, FD&C Blue #2, titanium dioxide USP, triacetin USP, and D&C Yellow #10.

90 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, iron oxide yellow NF, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, and triacetin USP.

115 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, D&C Yellow #10, triacetin USP, FD&C Blue #1, titanium dioxide USP, and FD&C Blue #2.

135 mg tablets also contain:
Hypromellose type 2910 USP, lactose monohydrate NF, titanium dioxide USP, polyethylene glycol 3350 NF, iron oxide red NF, and triacetin USP.

24.6%

Used Solodyn : Oral Antibiotic? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
Jeannie
February 18, 2013

Pros:

I am 60 years old and still suffer from large primples, mainly on my chin. I know Solodyn works because I've stopped twice between prescriptions, and the pimples come right back. I keep my face clean and use a topical daily, so I know it's the Solodyn that clears up the problem!

Cons:

None for me

At my age, I think Solodyn is the safest for me.
February 7, 2013

Pros:

It DOES Work No serious Side effects

Cons:

It takes time Dry Skin

If you're doctor prescribes you solodyn don't give up after one or two weeks. This stuff takes time to work. It has to purge all of the bacteria out of your skin. After about 1-2 months you should start to see results and they are amazing. I was a moderate acne sufferer and started to take this stuff along with retin-a and erithromycin gel about 2 months ago. Face got worse for the first 2-3 weeks but then started to improve dramatically.
January 27, 2013

Pros:

Clears up very fast.

Cons:

Severe headaches Fatigue Dizziness Lost of appetie Itching Tiredness Body Aches and Pain

I do not recommed this product to anybody the side effects are terrible! I had to go to the hospital I was running into walls having double vision. I hated it.
Sarah
January 26, 2013

Pros:

Works fast! Clears up skin completely.

Cons:

Nothing :)

Works immeditly for me! I love this stuff, my skin is baby smooth after 4 days. I also use epiduo at night, I don't know how solodyn can do anyone wrong bc it works so well for me.
January 26, 2013

Pros:

Clear My face within 1 1/2 months No side effects Works best with a combination of topical cream or gel.

Cons:

None

It works trust me! You wont be disappointed! About a year ago I broke out pretty bad, probably the worst I've EVER broken out. We're talking about a person whose had acne for 11 years. Acne and cysts developed on my face, neck, back, shoulders, chest, and back. For three months I tried OTC products but to no avail. I finally decided to see my old dermatologist where he prescribed me 80mg of Solodyn with Epiduo. Within 2 months I was completely clear. Trust me this stuff works. IT ONLY TAKES TIME! :D
Cassie
January 4, 2013

Pros:

Clears skin!

Cons:

tiny bit of dizziness It gets worse before it gets better

I've been using this product for a month now and my acne has gotten better but not where I want it to be yet but I'm getting there! My family has said they have seen it clear up but this isn't the type of product that will work in 2 weeks. In fact the first 2 weeks for me my acne did get worse but I get that because that is tottaly normal so dont just throw it away because it has to get all that junk in your skin out! I have really high hopes of this product and cant wait for the months to come.
January 3, 2013

Pros:

Works Fast No side effects decreases size of pimples quickly

This is the last thing to take before trying accutane. If it keeps working like this, I will not need to try accutane.
Rachel
January 2, 2013

Pros:

Once a day. Clears big, painful acne. Takes 3 months for comlpetely clear skin.

Cons:

My insurance doesn't cover it. Can only get through Rx. Not sure if it's harming my body in the long-run, being an antibiotic.

Wish I was put on this years ago! My deep painful, red embarrassing pimples :) I mail in a pamplit to the company and they mail me the meds, I wish my insurance covered it, I have to switch to a generic brand next month, I hope it works just as well. I'm 22 and have acne since 12 and never got better, only more severe. O happy to have gone on this!
December 28, 2012

Pros:

Nothing.

Cons:

Destroyed my face.

I thought I was lucky. Many have acne much worse than I. Nonetheless, with a pimple or so every month, I decided to go to the doctor which prescribed this. Upon taking it, my face cleared for a week. It was until I awake the next morning to find that my face was hurting and throbbing. Going to the mirror, I saw horrible acne everywhere that extended to my neck (never before had I acne there). Stopping immediately made it worse. Till now, my acne appears to be getting worse, and the doctor keeps recommending that I continue. My face was destroyed...I hate my life.
December 21, 2012

Pros:

Love this stuff works like a charm!

Cons:

Acne came back after only 3 months on it when I stopped. Might go for another couple months of it.

Well worth it