Olive Oil Reviews

Olive Oil

Awesome

I have been using Extra virgin olive oil for almost 2 weeks now and i must say it works wonders! I am pregnant and have been having really bad acne problems on my face and chest, since i have been massaging the oil into my skin and face cleansing with the oil every morning, my acne is fading away and my skin is radiant. Now i am African -American and we have serious issues with being ashy allot, and i must say i have not been ashy in 2 weeks, not kidding. its also good for skin elasticity. cant knock it until you try it!

Comments

Olive works, you just have to do it right and with the REAL stuff.

I have tried everything after having acne for 23 years and the only thing that helps keep acne carm and minimal is olive oil. What you wash with is irrelevant I have found, although a less harsh cleanser would help. Combined with a good training program and intermittent fasting, I get decent results, enough that I am comfortable around people. Oh and I only wash face once when I shower, I scrub it roughly and with hot shower. once I get out, I apply a pea size amount of the ONLY olive oil I found to work, it's genuine spanish extra virgin olive oil, and that's Sainsbury's own believe it or not. Not a single breakout from this olive oil.

Acne cure using Olive Oil

Olive oil is really helpful in many ways and specially for hair and skin.. One of my friend used it for acne and got good results but the same never happened for me, then i searched for some helpful acne creams to find whether they are useful or not. I got a great share stating

Comments

Don't use olive oil alone

My skin had been under control in comparison but it was a little too dry and oily. I wanted to oil cleanse, I massaged some olive oil into my face and washed it off immediately. The next day my face looked like my face when it first hit puberty. Diy isn't always the answer. Buy a real oil cleanser.

Not sure of this..

So I have been using olive oil for about 2 months as a moisturizer in day and night, and it has not cleared any of my pimples or prevented them. I make sure to use the organic cold pressed brands, and I pat the excess after moisturizing with a towel. I get a lot of pimples on my cheeks and nose, and I also get a lot of under the skin pimples and ones that have pus(I don't know the exact word). I also have a lot of scars from previous pimples which also did not heal. My pimples tend to stay around in the same place for months and when they go they scar or new ones come. It's just really frustrating, I thought I could help my skin with the olive oil but it has not been working at all, the only positive outcome is that my skin has been feeling very hydrated and isn't oily or dry.

sounds like you need to see a dermatologist.

CLEAN FINGERS = Unclogs pores

I used olive oil specially formulated for hair, skin and nails. SUPER IMPORTANT that your fingers are clean and you wipe it off immediately. First, open the pores with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Massage the oil onto an area of the face with CLEAN fingers gently in circular motions. Start with a thin layer than build up when needed. You will feel bits of grime, dirt and sebum getting out of your skin! When all is good, YOU MUST wipe off excess oil and wash off ASAP. Finish off with a toner to get rid of the dirt and oil, and a hydrating moisturiser after. This is the only way I my skin can be unlogged and I do this every week while watching TV lol

Absolutely best cleansing way

I'm a guy with an oily and really sensitive skin type. Since I was 14 years old, I'd been using different soaps for face cleansing and my skin finally got so tight and irritated with that method. Like some months ago, I found on the Internet something called "Oil cleansing method". At first, I was absolutely shocked about putting even more oil on my oily skin; but one day, I tried. I took olive oil bottle from the kitchen (Virgin olive oil) and I spread all over my face. Like 2 minutes later, I remove it with some cotton pads until was clean, soft and completely radiant. Then, I used one of my favourites gel-cream type moisturizer that makes my skin feel great by the next morning. So, from that day, I've been using the oil cleansing method every night before going to sleep and I've never ever had any cain of problem on my face anymore. Incredible how something natural as olive oil has been able to change my life. So amazing!

Comments

Will never try this again !

So i read that olive oil was good for you skin so i started using it on small areas which where inflamed. One day i was late for the train and was rushing and i couldn't find my moisturiser so i thought i would put olive oil on my forehead because it looked a little dry and i had been using it previously and there had been no issues. Anyway... i put it on my forehead put my foundation over the top and left the house. A couple of hours later i saw my self in the shop window and was like WTF.. my whole forehead was completely covered in tiny and big bumps. Like completely covered very noticeable bumps all over. There wasn't one part of my forehead that was clear. I was so embarrassed it was so bad and so obvious anyway i have spent the last 8 months of my life trying to fix this issue and still to this day i have not ever got my forehead clear with no bumps. I am still trying to find something that will actually work for and get rid of all the clogged pores. I regret that i ever did this every single day! So be aware this may work for some people but did not work for me.. If this has happened to anyone and they have fixed this issue please let me know.

Be sure to check that the oil that you applied on your face is EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and it comes from a reputable and trustworthy brand

Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne

I am followed a weekly plan to get rid of acne. I am find this on pinterest you can also check in thelifesquare dotcom the table of Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne. This treatment helps to me to treating acne and can be strategically used to keep them away.

Comments

Make sure you're using REAL olive oil

I read a lot of reviews on here and decided to try it out, but I used the olive oil from my pantry which I recently found out is actually fake olive oil (carapelli), and fake olive oils are actually made up of all these other oils that are comedogenic. Which explains why all these people broke out so badly so fast (I did too). But then I did my research and went out and bought real olive oil (California ranch olive oil) and I have been using it for a week now and it has realllllyy helped my skin. My skin is way more calmed and even toned, I don't have red spots or patches and I feel like it's been preventing pimples and it calms and heals the ones I do have. Still excited for it to get even better the longer I use it. Basically just really make sure that youre using the real stuff, you can find out the good and bad brands pretty easily on the internet.

It works - JUST MAKE SURE TO BUY THE REAL THING

I used fake extra virgin olive oil because this stuff is not regulated and I broke out. Before I was using the pure stuff and my cysts were shrinking and going away. It was magical. I had a big inflamed cyst that just disappeared overnight with the pure stuff. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Do not buy from the frauds. I use California Ranch Olive Oil now. It is cold pressed and comes in a glass bottle. It has been tested and is the real thing. Luckily I did not apply the fake stuff for very long but it still did damage. I have continued to use the real thing and it has healed up the damage from the fake stuff. No more cysts. I was about to go on accutane too so I am very thankful this worked for me.

olay regenerist serum

Olay regenerist serum which I love and have used for years on my very acne prone sensitive skin has recently reformulated all their serums and lotions and they now include olive oil can anyone help me with this as I'm scared to make the switch or recommended a facial serum that won't cause breakouts.Thanks.

Comments

The Cure for All Evil (skin evil that is)

I used extra virgin olive oil- cold pressed, every single night before bed for about a whole entire year and my skin remained absolutely perfect. Since then, I have stopped using it (because I got out of habit due to traveling and feel gross having oil on my face while sleeping), and I've noticed that I have began to get pimples again. That proves that the reason my skin was absolutely flawless that other year was because of my olive oil regimen. It is also amazing for stretch marks, and damaged/ over-bleached hair. From experience, it takes about 2 weeks of continuously putting olive oil on your skin at night to see serious and long-term improvement. You must continue to put olive oil on every night for clear, healthy, beautiful skin. Eventually, without the regimen, your skin might go back to its usual ways. It prevents and heals pimples/acne, it is not a permanent CURE for all future pimples. Steps: - Wash face, exfoliate if desired, and pat dry. - Take a generous amount of olive oil and massage onto skin for 2-3 minutes, especially on pimples/acne and wrinkles/fine lines. - Go to sleep and try not to let the olive oil rub off over night. (It's alright if it does since you massaged it in, but it's better if it doesn't) - Wake up in the morning and wash the olive oil off of your face with soap/face wash and water. Warning/Tips: - If there is still olive oil residue on your face, your face will get tanned much faster and more easily. - Putting your olive oil into a mini squirting bottle on your side table near your bed makes life easier. - Squirt a generous amount of olive oil into your palms - Rub hands together and massage olive oil into your skin. - Try to find the most organic extra virgin olive oil, COLD PRESSED in a glass bottle! Can be more easily found in more ethnic or Mediterranean stores such as Arab food stores for example, rather than places such as Walmart. - Great Value brand could potentially provide some sort of benefit, but it is best to use more authentic and organic olive oil. One-time results: - Massaging for a few minutes onto acne or pimples before bed will reduce inflammation by 30%-50% the next morning - Massaging for a few minutes onto a NEWLY forming cystic pimple (under the skin, the painful kind) before bed will basically "kill" it. - Leaves skin moisturized and healthy looking. 2+ week results: - Major decrease in pimple/acne scars (discolored scars, not sure about indented ones) - Moisturized skin. - No more pimples - Heals sun-burns. Life time results: - Youthful skin - Gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines - Soft, moisturized skin - Acne-free face - Reduction of stretch marks if you put it on those as well - Helps in growth of eyelashes if you put it on them as well. Seriously, ALWAYS USE THIS! I also recommend using vaseline overtop of the pimples. BUT WARNING, some say that vaseline clogs pores. I have only seen positive results from vaseline every single time. Never anything negative. Everyones skin is different. It may work some some and not others. Olive oil does NOT clog your pores. It has anti- inflammatory, anti-aging properties and antioxidants.

is it ok to clean face with a soap in morning if you are on oil cleansing method?

The cure of acne

The fatty acids and vitamins in olive oil is basically the cure of acne. Even if you have oily skin this will work. I know I sounds weird to cure skin that produces to much "oil" with even more oil, but what the skin produces isn't oil, it's talc. So acrually you don't have oily skin, you have "talcy" skin. I know, lol, but seriously, it's true, just google it! 👓💻 So no, it's actually not weird. It's not fighting fire with fire. So after you have read all of this I don't think it takes more than to say, JUST DO IT!

Hello, I can´t find about skin producing talc on google, please post a reference if possible. I thought skin produced a kind of wax.
Where on earth did you get this idea from? The skin does not produce magnesium silicate...unless there is some other talc (short for talcum) that I am unaware of. Perhaps you are getting the words confused? Sebum is not the same as talcum.

SIMPLE IS BEST

I TEND TO HAVE OILLY SKIN OR SO I THOUGHT. I WAS USING PROACTIVE FOR 12 YEARS AND MY FACE, THOUGH WELL EXFOLIATED, ALWAYS BROKE OUT IN CYSTS. AFTER 12 YEARS WITH PROACTIVE I FELT LIKE THE ONLY BENEFIT WAS EXFOLIATION AND NOT TREATING THE CYSTS. IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO GIVE UP ON THE PRODUCT I WAS USING, MY FACE WAS ADDICTED TO IT. BUT FINALLY I SWITCHED TO ARBONNE, THEN TO OIL CLEANSING. I FEEL LIKE THE LESS CHEMICALS I USE, THE LESS "STEPS" I TAKE TO CLEAN MY FACE THE BETTER AND BETTER IT IS GETTING. OLIVE OIL IS A STAPLE IN MY FACE CLEANSING PROCESS NOW. IT REMOVES MY MAKE UP LEAVES MY SKIN MOISTURIZED WITHOUT FEELING OILY. WHEN I NEED A GOOD DEEP CLEANSING I USE A COMBINATION OF CASTOR OIL, DR. BRONNERS, AND OLIVE OIL. BUT WHEN I AM NOT WEARING MAKEUP OR WHEN MY FACE IS NOT SO DIRTY I WASH WITH WARM WATER AND IN THE SHOWER APPLY A LITTLE OLIVE OIL. SIMPLE IS BEST. MY FACE DID GET WHITE HEADS, AND MORE BLACKHEADS CAME TO THE SURFACE WHILE I TRANSITIONED OUT OF THE CHEMICAL CLUB BUT IT HAS SETTLED DOWN NOW AND IS BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN.

Comments

Fantabulous- As long as you know what you're doing.

This stuff works pure magic, taking away redness, moisturizing, treating acne. . . I was anxious to get my hands on it. It, of course, worked like a charm. For the first weak, it was amazing. I had clear skin, no acne breakouts. But that first week I was using Kirkland Organic EVOO. My family switched brands, to which I unknowingly massaged my face with Filippo Berio EVOO, which made my face breakout. I did some research to see if it really was, as stated in a previous review, falsely labeled. Of course it was, like most big company EVOOs. I have created a list of popular brands that are FALSELY LABELED for you people looking to avoid this: Whole Foods (Of all brands. . . Seriously?!?) Rachel Ray Safeway Newman's Own Colavita Bertolli Filippo Berio Pompeian Star Carapelli Mezzetta Mazzola Here is a list of brands that are safe, and ACCURATELY LABELED: Kirkland Organic Corto Olive California Olive Ranch McEvoy Ranch Organic Buyer beware, and try to stick to the oil true to it's name!

Comments

I love love love using olive oil for my skin & lips. I started using olive oil last summer for deep tanning and I noticed that my skin was really improving. So I did some research and a loot of people were saying that olive oil was really good for their skin. I decided to stop using all my cleansers and moisturizers (which were burt bee's and say yes to tomatoes..mostly all naturally because I HATE chemicals/non organic crap) and just strictly use olive oil. I made up a routine for myself, which is every night before I go to bed I remove my makeup off with the olive oil and water. I massage the oil into my skin, wash it off with water and then take paper towel and wipe off all the makeup/oil and then once more wash my skin with water (use ONLY warm water, not hot or cold). I pat dry my face and apply nothing else on my skin after. Then in the morning I would only wash my face with water (again no moisturizer or anything). Using olive oil every night allowed my skin to become more moisturized, shinier and softer, and it gave me a more even skin tone. I also use olive oil on my lips in order to make them smooth and shiny. I am so glad I switched to using strictly olive oil for my skin because I have seen huge results. I have always had acne since freshmen year of high school and no matter what moisturizers or face washes I used, nothing helped. This truly is MY miracle beauty product. I can't speak on behalf of everyone because everyones skin is different but it works for me! I would definitely give it a try!! Just make sure that if you're going to be using olive oil, buy a really good one in a glass bottle and store it in a cool, dry place.

Hi! I love your details in this review. I have a couple of questions. 1) Do you use extra virgin olive oil or regular? 2) What brand(s) of olive oil do you use? 3) Do you care to make sure it's good quality olive oil since you use it on your skin? Or do you find that anything works? Thanks!
Hi! Just thought I'd chime in here to answer your questions since olive oil has cleared me up as well. You have to use extra virgin olive oil but more importantly you have to make sure it's REAL olive oil. Believe it or not, 69% of brands sold in the store are poor quality olive oils diluted with cheap oils. Ironically, it's most of the Italian named ones that are fakes lol. A real authentic brand is California Olive Branch sold at Walmart for abour $9. I've bought all of the fakes before I knew it but when I finally got the real deal I automatically knew the difference and my skin did too. It has a delicious fruity smell and it makes your skin SO soft. The fake crap will destroy your skin which is why I caution so heavily against it. I learned the hard way. The real stuff will save your skin, hair, and nails. Hope that helped and good luck :-)
Which brand olive oil are you using and where is it found? Is it extra virgin or refined one?
This website gives you a list of certified pure olive oil brands [link removed]

Oils depend on the skin type

I tried some different types of oils and olive was one of them. It did not work for me! But doesnt mean it wont work for anyone. After i had tried coconut and olive oil. I came acroos a website that put the oils into cathegories. I wish i could find it again and link it. Point is, there are two substances oils mainly have X and Y. Cathegories were divided into what had less amount of Y, less for X or equal... and what worked better for what skin type... so coconut oil worked the less for me and had more of Y, Oilve oil didnt work either and had equals mount... so i tried grapeseed oil which had more of X and it worked for me :D so if u have tried 2 of this and nun, try the 3rd.

I think youre referring to oleic acid vs linoleic acids, oils higher in linoleic acids are supposed to be better for acne prone skin because studies show that ppl with acne have lower levels of linoleic acid in their skin than ppl without acne, heres a website listing oils and their oleic/linoleic content: [link removed]

Love it.

It makes my skin super soft. What I do is every 3 days I use a scrub with olive oil and sugar and just scrub away. Then I just wash it off with water. Since oil and water don't mix the olive oil will still be there so it'll moisturize your face. The other days I just apply olive oil and then I wash with a mild cleanser. Since olive oil breaks down the sebum that your clogs pores then I just wash it off so the residue of the clogged pores won't stay there. Then I just apply a little of olive oil for moisturizer and wipe off the excess with a paper towel. I started using it a week ago.

Not sure

Good moisturiser Easy to put on Left my skin red after 3-4 weeks of everyday use Takes time to put on Can stretch your skin and cause wrinkles Ok so I massaged it onto my face vigorously for 20 mins everyday for about 3-4 weeks until I started to see loads of little red spots on my forehead. Its really heavy. Left my skin worse than it was before I done this (all I had was mainly scars)

That was probably too much oil. Also, the massaging might have contributed to that, too. I put the oil on a wet (water) cotton swab and then only put a thin layer.
If you massage anything on your face for 20 minutes you'll break out. You're just irritating your skin.

Very nice

Evened out skin tone and texture Very smooth skin! Calms pimples+breakouts Can get into the eyes and blur your vision if you use a lot or if you put on your eyelids Just put a little, that's all. I usually apply it pure and undiluted directly to my face. Been using it for a few weeks. Doesn't break me out and doesn't clog pores like the Cetaphil moisturizer. My oily skin and very oily T-zone stopped being oily and now I look normal. My skin tone has evened out, I don't have to use bleaching cream to get rid of scars. It's worth a try, definitely. I apply in the morning, and during the afternoon, I apply some more and wipe off the excess to refresh the skin and remove accumulated dirt. I'll update this in a few months to see if the results are consistent. :) EDIT: It calms down pimples, pimples last a few days, rather than weeks.

Which brand do you use? Where is it found mainly?

Popular Household/Natural