Olive Oil reviews

3.8/5 - 60 reviews

Olive Oil

Don't use olive oil alone
Reviewed on July 31, 2017

My skin had been under control in comparison but it was a little too dry and oily. I wanted to oil cleanse, I massaged some olive oil into my face and washed it off immediately. The next day my face looked like my face when it first hit puberty. Diy isn't always the answer. Buy a real oil cleanser.

Not sure of this..
Reviewed on June 24, 2017

So I have been using olive oil for about 2 months as a moisturizer in day and night, and it has not cleared any of my pimples or prevented them. I make sure to use the organic cold pressed brands, and I pat the excess after moisturizing with a towel. I get a lot of pimples on my cheeks and nose, and I also get a lot of under the skin pimples and ones that have pus(I don't know the exact word). I also have a lot of scars from previous pimples which also did not heal. My pimples tend to stay around in the same place for months and when they go they scar or new ones come. It's just really frustrating, I thought I could help my skin with the olive oil but it has not been working at all, the only positive outcome is that my skin has been feeling very hydrated and isn't oily or dry.

Acne Cure
Reviewed on June 15, 2017

I've suffered from cystic acne for over 10 years (I'm 30), and extra virgin olive oil is the only thing that has shown me positive results.

by Cerealggirl on 07/31/2017 17:04
How do you use it
CLEAN FINGERS = Unclogs pores
Reviewed on March 22, 2017

I used olive oil specially formulated for hair, skin and nails. SUPER IMPORTANT that your fingers are clean and you wipe it off immediately.

First, open the pores with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Massage the oil onto an area of the face with CLEAN fingers gently in circular motions. Start with a thin layer than build up when needed. You will feel bits of grime, dirt and sebum getting out of your skin! When all is good, YOU MUST wipe off excess oil and wash off ASAP. Finish off with a toner to get rid of the dirt and oil, and a hydrating moisturiser after.

This is the only way I my skin can be unlogged and I do this every week while watching TV lol

Absolutely best cleansing way
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

I'm a guy with an oily and really sensitive skin type. Since I was 14 years old, I'd been using different soaps for face cleansing and my skin finally got so tight and irritated with that method. Like some months ago, I found on the Internet something called "Oil cleansing method". At first, I was absolutely shocked about putting even more oil on my oily skin; but one day, I tried. I took olive oil bottle from the kitchen (Virgin olive oil) and I spread all over my face. Like 2 minutes later, I remove it with some cotton pads until was clean, soft and completely radiant. Then, I used one of my favourites gel-cream type moisturizer that makes my skin feel great by the next morning. So, from that day, I've been using the oil cleansing method every night before going to sleep and I've never ever had any cain of problem on my face anymore. Incredible how something natural as olive oil has been able to change my life. So amazing!

Will never try this again !
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

So i read that olive oil was good for you skin so i started using it on small areas which where inflamed. One day i was late for the train and was rushing and i couldn't find my moisturiser so i thought i would put olive oil on my forehead because it looked a little dry and i had been using it previously and there had been no issues. Anyway... i put it on my forehead put my foundation over the top and left the house.

A couple of hours later i saw my self in the shop window and was like WTF.. my whole forehead was completely covered in tiny and big bumps. Like completely covered very noticeable bumps all over. There wasn't one part of my forehead that was clear. I was so embarrassed it was so bad and so obvious anyway i have spent the last 8 months of my life trying to fix this issue and still to this day i have not ever got my forehead clear with no bumps. I am still trying to find something that will actually work for and get rid of all the clogged pores. I regret that i ever did this every single day! So be aware this may work for some people but did not work for me..

If this has happened to anyone and they have fixed this issue please let me know.

by Msyaz1993 on 12/31/2016 02:38
Be sure to check that the oil that you applied on your face is EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and it comes from a reputable and trustworthy brand
Did not work for me
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

My hyperseborrheic skin did not react well to the topical application of olive oil. Did not see any improvement and got a few new pimple. Delicious to eat though!

Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I am followed a weekly plan to get rid of acne. I am find this on pinterest you can also check in thelifesquare dotcom the table of Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne.

This treatment helps to me to treating acne and can be strategically used to keep them away.

Make sure you're using REAL olive oil
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

I read a lot of reviews on here and decided to try it out, but I used the olive oil from my pantry which I recently found out is actually fake olive oil (carapelli), and fake olive oils are actually made up of all these other oils that are comedogenic. Which explains why all these people broke out so badly so fast (I did too). But then I did my research and went out and bought real olive oil (California ranch olive oil) and I have been using it for a week now and it has realllllyy helped my skin. My skin is way more calmed and even toned, I don't have red spots or patches and I feel like it's been preventing pimples and it calms and heals the ones I do have. Still excited for it to get even better the longer I use it. Basically just really make sure that youre using the real stuff, you can find out the good and bad brands pretty easily on the internet.

It works - JUST MAKE SURE TO BUY THE REAL THING
Reviewed on November 11, 2015

I used fake extra virgin olive oil because this stuff is not regulated and I broke out. Before I was using the pure stuff and my cysts were shrinking and going away. It was magical. I had a big inflamed cyst that just disappeared overnight with the pure stuff. DO YOUR RESEARCH! Do not buy from the frauds. I use California Ranch Olive Oil now. It is cold pressed and comes in a glass bottle. It has been tested and is the real thing. Luckily I did not apply the fake stuff for very long but it still did damage. I have continued to use the real thing and it has healed up the damage from the fake stuff. No more cysts. I was about to go on accutane too so I am very thankful this worked for me.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org