Hydrogen Peroxide reviews

Walgreens Hydrogen Peroxide 3% First Aid Antiseptic, 16 Ounces
updated: 10/01/2016 01:29 UTC

it causes more breakouts
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

No i don't recommend this..

I got more acne, so i stopped using it..

If u want to try it choose an area of ur face where u

don't usually breakout and apply it for 3 continues days, if u won't get acne u can use it for the rest of ur face..

And yeah regarding the bleaching effect, definitely it lightened me up but i feel it's useless to get brighter skin with pimples everywhere !!!!

for people without acne, I think it might work for them..

Cystic Acne
Reviewed on January 26, 2017

I've had cystic acne for years now. I've tried many things and I have yet to be majorly impressed with any spot treatment I try. I've tried tea tree oil (which does work nicely sometimes but it depends where my breakout is), lemon juice, BP, multiple all natural face masks, honey, rice water, and the list goes on and on.

The only things I've tried that I truely love are chemical peels and regular exfoliation.

I've given hydrogen peroxide a try a few times. I think generally it does work alright for a spot treatment, but I will never use it as an actual face wash. As desperate as I am to finally have pain free skin, I still want to protect my skin so it can look nice when, or if, I ever do get clear skin. Usually after applying it, I can feel a slight itchyness. My doctor says when cystic acne itches it's a sign of healing and I do notice it feels a little more calm afterwards. Cystic acne is hard to treat from the outside, but I think hydrogen peroxide can penetrate the skin more easily than bp and other common acne treatments but that's just in my experience and I can't speak for people with regular acne using hp.

by Stephany1842 on 02/28/2017 00:30
How much time did you leave it on?
by Miel Bee on 03/26/2017 16:48
Trying going gluten and soy free for a month. That stopped my painful cystic acne on jawline and cheeks.
So far so good!
Reviewed on January 21, 2017

I pretty much tried everything for my hormonal acne and this stuff seems to work pretty good!? I'm surprised because wtf it's 3% hydrogen peroxide and I'm already seeing some of my acne scars fading away!! I've been using it for about a week now as a toner and I use the Aveeno Ezcema Therapy lotion as a moisturizer (this really helps with Retin A peeling/redness). You really need to moisturize after using it as a toner so you don't end up overworking the oils in your face = grease face. Just make sure that you don't end up getting it in your eyebrows or your hairline as I'm sure it will lighten over time.

by Stephany1842 on 02/28/2017 00:36
How mich time did you leave it on?
HP for Acne on Forehead
Reviewed on October 23, 2016

I've never dealt with acne, not even in my teenage years (I'm 31 now). Over the past Summer, when my AC broke, I started to breakout on my forehead and over the next few months it got worse and worse, my forehead literally covered. I've tried everything from expensive cleansers and toners, to even being at the point of going to a dermatologist for a medication. As a female, you know how embarrassing this can be. And honestly, who has the money to buy every product on the market? Not me. I was at the point of no return and I know hydrogen peroxide is not to be put on your face long term but I figured, what do I have to lose? Plus, after trying all these fancy products, I figured, why not go back to basics? I started putting peroxide directly on my forehead with a cotton ball. Literally, it's only been a few days and already, most of the pimples are close to being gone. My husband has even noticed the difference! Yes, it does make your face scab and get really dry, so this is not a long term solution but it is the only thing that has helped me. If you use it too long, you will probably have more breakouts, as the dryer your face gets, the more oil it will produce to try to correct itself. So, again, I don't recommend it for long term use and definitely do at a time when you won't be leaving the house much for a few days but my face looks the best it has since my breakout started.

Only treatment that has worked so far, very effective
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I've had mild acne for almost two years now. I've tried almost everything from expensive cleansers to lemon juice and nothing works. Through intensive googling about acne, I decided to try Hydrogen Peroxide as a toner. The first few days were very painful as Hydrogen Peroxide stings on the skin (so if you have sensitive skin, do not try HP) but gradually I got used to it. I immediately noticed changes. I'd pop a pimple, apply HP, and then it would be gone the next day. I was amazed at the speed of this treatment. However, within the first two weeks I also got bad breakouts, but I kept on using HP. At the third week, I noticed I wasn't getting any bad breakouts anymore, and right now the right side of my face is almost clear, save for a few scars. I recently had a cyst on my left cheek and I had it gone in 3 days by applying HP twice daily. I believe Hydrogen Peroxide is the best treatment for acne, but it is widely unknown because dermatologists won't recommend it because they get paid to prescribe expensive drugs. Coupled with good diet, and sleep, I think my face can be completely clear in a few more weeks. I still get occasional breakouts, but now they're small and are not as bad as before and they're usually gone by a day or two thanks to Hydrogen Peroxide :)

It has it's uses...
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

If you have already popped a pimple, this will likely cause it to scab and scar. I use it to bleach my dark spots on days when I will be home all day, because it does leave my face a little blotchy for a few hours after I use it. Nonetheless, it kills bacteria, lightens and bleaches, and will dry up your acne. I just think there are better products to use.

NOTE: This stuff can be strong. Diluting it is a good idea if you're putting it all over your face.

DONT use it on your face
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

do not use this on your face. it breaks down your skin! but i do recommend that you use it on your teeth.Not only does it kill germs & bad breath, but I regularly get compliments on my nice white teeth.

by Michellet. on 06/09/2016 02:57
It breaks down your teeth and bone the same way it breaks down your skin. We recommend if you use hydrogen peroxide in your mouth to dilute it with the same amount of water and don't do it more than once a week. You may suffer bone loss and weaker teeth which can cause severe sensitivity.
do not recommend
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

I tried this as a spot treatment on several black heads and pimples. It only caused scabbing then scarring and when the scab and scar faded, the exact same black head was still there. Hydrogen peroxide actually may slow the production of healthy skin cell rejuvenation. It does seem to help disinfect things but not ideal for face and acne. I have found that Melrose essential oil works wonders though.

The Best Acne Treatment I've Ever Used
Reviewed on March 21, 2016

I've had acne for several years now so I have a lot of scarring from leftover breakouts. I've never found anything that has managed to effectively clear them up and also clear up my current breakouts. Let me preface this by saying my skin isn't particularly sensitive, just oily and dirty (no matter how much I clean it), so bare that in mind if you want to try this. I was very very sceptical about putting hydrogen peroxide anywhere near my face but after finding success with some more obscure acne treatments that were drying, I thought it was worth a shot. This product is a game changer. It has literally changed my life, no joke. I have been using it as a toner (concentrating it on active and old breakouts or scars) for about 2 or 3 weeks and my skin is nearly clear of all breakouts and my scars have significantly faded. I looked in the mirror the other day and for the first time in years I noticed my dark circles under my eyes instead of my acne! I've also noticed that my pores are cleaner. They used to be black, I have really bad, almost impossible to get rid of blackheads, but I've noticed they've changed to a greyish colour. Maybe this is the bleaching effect of the hydrogen peroxide but the oil production in my skin has also significantly changed. This does dry out your acne so it can become flaky when getting rid of breakouts. It can make your skin dry if you apply too much of it on areas that don't need it, but that can be fixed with a water based moisturiser. If you have oily skin it will help to balance it out. If you have dry skin, perhaps best to avoid though. To conclude, I'll never go without this ever again. It is the best acne treatment I've ever used and has actually given me hope that someday I might have clear skin.

worked for my sensitive skin! :)
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

I am a 19 year old college student and have extremely sensitive skin. If I'm in class and put my hand on my face I'll break out- that's how sensitive I am. I went through Acutane my junior year in high school and I had a clear face for about 4 months after using it but then acne came back. I'm mostly familiar with cysts and really tender red pimples. I don't encourage you to pop pimples...but if you do, dip a q-tip into a hydrogen peroxide bottle and place it on the pimple that you popped. BE VERY GENTLE. Don't push as hard as you can to irritate it even worse than it is because it'll leave scars, just barley let the q-tip rest there for a minute or two. It does burn and it's kinda cool to look at the bubbles it makes, but it is COMPLETELY cleaning the pimple from the inside. After doing this a few times a day for only about two days, your skin will look perfect. ONLY POP PIMPLES WHEN THEY ARE READY. Don't do it in the beginning stages and some pimples just aren't the kind to be popped. lol trust me, I've more experience than I want with acne. ;)

P.S. I know that everyone's skin type is different, and may not work for you, but its definitely worth the try, maybe just test it out on the pimples that no one sees first (like your chest or back)