Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Reviews
3.9
139 Reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

38.8%
28.1%
20.1%
7.2%
5.8%

Used Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 19, 2023
Wonderful! Works on rosacea!
Excellent Product, after 1 week rosacea looks better, skin just looks brighter and no side effects.
November 22, 2020
rosacea

its a miracle! after years of trying this and that in desperation of treating my long term diagnosed rosacea,

my poor end of her tether doctor, unwittingly prescribed yet another combo erythromycin with a tube of skinoren!

as usual, on goes the cream first wondering how many times i,ll have to apply this! before its obvious that nothing is happening.

literally within seconds, i could feel the creams acid reaction on my face! this was very new.

i applied a good heavy layer over my entire face and rubbed it in well, the next morning at least 70% of my rosacea had gone!

i repeated the application until i could no longer feel the acid reaction, 4 days, and the rosacea is completely gone!

i still had some lumps and bumps on the back of my neck, applied the cream, gone in 2 days!

the rosacea has now been gone for 8days, this is the tricky bit, keeping it away.

so far 8 days is a new record for me, im keeping my fingers crossed.

December 22, 2018
Life saver

I began laser treatment for acne after having a very bad breakout after going to France in August 2018. I tried everything! Creams, natural measures, diet (lost about 1stone in - month) cutting out everything including diary and bread. My journey was immense and my mental health at an all time low! Finally went to see the derm who prescribed skinoren. Within 2 weeks I saw massive changes in my skin. Much clearer and brighter. I have got a spots still appearing but I started it in November and my skin is the most clear it has been in over 6months! So happy!

November 11, 2017
Amazing cream
I have suffered from acne all my life and I am now 52 (female). The only pill that helped was Dianette but sadly they took me off it when I was forty due to the increase in risks of blood clots. My acne returned and I have been trying everything available as usual on the market, I even did a dairy free diet as there are links to dairy and acne, but nothing worked. I recently had a real bad outbreak of cystic acne and after looking to the internet saw the reviews for this cream. I half heartedly bought it thinking it wouldn't work but had to put my review on, I have only been using for two weeks (I have very sensitive skin) and the results are amazing, all my cystic acne, blackheads have gone and my red scars are gradually diminishing and this cream hasn't irritated my skin! I am amazed and hope these results continue, I am soooo happy.

12 user(s) found this helpful

September 19, 2018
Just an update on my post above, only use cream once a day every other day and it has kept my acne at bay and scars have gone. After a lifetime with acne I just wished I had discovered this sooner, has made such a difference to my confidence and appearance. Just a bit apprehensive about stopping it altogether as only meant to use for one year. Has anyone used it for longer?
September 20, 2017
Best treatment I've ever found
I have tried everything for my acne, including two rounds of roaccutane. I've tried supplements, antibiotics, contraceptive pills... you get the picture. Since my acne was now moderate rather than severe, my GP prescribed Skinoren. Within days my acne was nearly clear. I couldn't believe it! And almost as good, the scars are far less red and I feel more confident without makeup than ever before. The only downside is that when I came off it the acne came back after a couple of months and some of the redness in the scars came back too. However I was only on for 3 or 4 months so will try it for longer this time to see if it clears for good. If not I will just stay on it and apparently it's fine for long term use. Try it!

9 user(s) found this helpful

October 31, 2016
Miracle Cream! Noticeabe Results After First Application!
All I can say is that this product is amazing. I noticed the marks and active acne calmed down and noticeably faded after the FIRST time I used it. I applied it to the areas affected before I went to sleep and when I woke up, it was like 3 weeks had gone by. The marks were significantly faded and the sore spots had all calmed down. I have only been using this cream for 4 days but the results are better than other creams I have used for weeks. As with all acne creams, you must apply sparingly and I find that gently massaging the cream into each separate blemish reduces the redness of skin that isn't affected by acne. I have not found it to be drying and as my skin is so oily, the chances of any dryness are pretty slim. I am therefore lucky enough to be able to apply Skinoren in the morning AND evening which maximises results. I didn't want to leave the house 5 days ago and now, I am free to do so with my head held up high because of Skinoren.

45 user(s) found this helpful

May 10, 2016
love it
i love skinoren! my derm rec me to you this cream for my acne,dark spot and scar. and it works wonder my skin is getting bright and almost cleared up acne

33 user(s) found this helpful

July 2, 2016
How long did it take?
August 1, 2015
The only thing that worked!
Hello, I'm 18 and I've had acne ever since I was 12. It had its ups and downs...mostly downs...and no matter to what dermatologist I went to, they just made it worse with all the products they would prescribe for me. Finally, about a month and a half ago I went to another dermatologist and she prescribed Skinoren for me, Aknicare lotion and a mattifying hydration cream. Honestly, its the first time in years my skin is clear, I get 2 or 3 pimples before my period but thats about it. My whole face was covered with whiteheads, blackheads, small cysts and they wouldn't go away, this is the only thing that helped me. I apply Skinoren once every night and if I stay indoors for the day I'll apply it in the morning too. Definitely apply it at night, because your pores open, meaning that Skinoren is given the opportunity to enter and hit the problem to its core(in a way) and giving you better results. I definitely do recommend this product, however, you should keep in mind that acne takes time to cure so be patient. Hope this helps :)

70 user(s) found this helpful

August 30, 2015
How long did skinoren take to work ?
May 31, 2018
Some doctors said 2 months for its results to be seen
April 2, 2015
Brilliant
I had severe acne for months and I thought it would never go away, I had used every product available and cleaned up my diet etc but nothing worked. Skinorem was the only thing that worked, the first few weeks I had even more severe breakouts but if you can endure this then it is worth it. It took two months for effects to show but if you stick to it it's going to pay off. I now have near flawless skin and have done for the past 6 months or so.

44 user(s) found this helpful

March 23, 2015
Actual results!
I believe that I have adult acne(I'm 26 and it started a few years ago) caused by very minor rosacea; if you have acne vulgaris and not acne rosacea, this treatment might not work for you. Though I'd say it's still worth a try if nothing else works for you. So far, I have had consistent success with Skinoren(which I bought from an online pharmacy). The instructions are correct when they say that you have to wait between 4-8 weeks for results; for the first month, I suspected that it wasn't working because I was still popping pimples on my forehead like mad. But now it's been almost another month since then and so far I have almost no acne. I no longer have cystic acne and just a few really tiny, almost unnoticeable, whiteheads here and there. I'm very impressed! My skin is usually very sensitive(both salicyclic acid and benzoyl peroxide gave me worse acne along with rashes), yet Skinoren has given me no adverse reactions what so ever. I will say that even though it takes a while for the true results to show up, I did notice within the first week of using it that the texture and feel of my skin improved dramatically. My upper forehead felt much less flaky and got more soft and smooth. I am only disappointed that it hasn't reduced the blackheads or cloggy pores much and my skin still gets more oily than it should. But those things can be remedied in other ways, and it's no big deal if the rest of my acne is cleared! Great product. Now I can finally get back to dating with confidence!

18 user(s) found this helpful

July 31, 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm 2 weeks into using Skinoren and I'm getting breakouts which are making me doubt it. I'm defo gonna stick it out though. Would be interested to hear if you still use it?