Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Reviews
3.9
139 Reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

38.8%

Used Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
November 8, 2017
Worth a Go!
This is the 4th week I've been on the cream. At first I didn't see a lot of improvement but now it is beginning to show slowly. It leaves skin feeling really soft and with no irritation for me anyway. Inflamed pimples under the skin are well down after 2 applications. It has slightly faded some hyperpigmentation..however it is said around 6 months are needed to benefit from it. Here's to hoping! 4 stars as I'm awaiting more results as it states.

4 user(s) found this helpful

March 3, 2018
March 28, 2018
Hey I had too many small white heads and black heads on my face specially my forehead.. I was prescribed skinoren.. After 1 week of use small ones r diminished but unfortunately there r some big cystic acne coming on my cheeks which r new So I'm confused whether I shud continue or not.. Can someone pls advice.. Is this the normal response
May 9, 2015
Good results
Hello fellow acne sufferers... I like this cream and it would work perfectly if I was more strict with my bed time regime as I cleanse but I don't always use this at night but it definitely makes a difference over night if you use it! I am 40 but younger in spirit, so I think that is why my acne is hanging around and it also started late. I also believe emotional distress, anxiety etc causes a lot of acne. If you saw my spotty face clear up after a massive cry, you would see the proof.

21 user(s) found this helpful

June 1, 2015
Hi Flipper :) I'm also 40 and have moderate/severe bacne. Man, I thought it would have cleared by now! Also just starting Skinoren. Fingers crossed. Good to know there are others out there. :)
March 27, 2017
Hey Flipper, could you give us an update? I am 45 and also full of pimples (pre menopause). Hoping this cream will help with the dark marks that are left when the spot has gone ...
Liz
December 12, 2010

Pros:

Works really quickly
Using more doesn't irritate the skin

Cons:

Mild itching when I first tried it
Was gone with the next application
Dries my skin out quite a bit

I've been using Differin for 4 weeks now, and my IB was so bad that I decided to add Skinoren in. It worked wonders so far, all the bigger zits on my forehead are gone, redness is starting to fade too. Been using it for a week only, scrapped Differin fully (although people keep saying not to, but the breakouts just wouldn't cease!). In any case, Skinoren has stopped new breakouts too, which is great. Only concern I have is that my already dry skin is looking really thin and shiny, so I can't use it later on - on a daily basis. Maybe when it clears up most of the my forehead I'll consider using it every second day. Also, it didn't help me at all with the little pores on my nose - made it more red, and skin thinner. I think it's a medication to be used on moderate acne, to be honest. I'd reccommend it though, it's a moderately quick fix - I'm sure I saw resutls after just one day of use :) Good luck!

8 user(s) found this helpful

May 18, 2010

Pros:

Removes 90% of all acne around the face

Cons:

Itching for first 10 minutes after applying
Causes dry skin

First of all I'd like to point out that I have had acne ever since I was 18 and I'm now 24 with what can only be classified as adult acne. I've been using this cream on its own since December 2009 and it has worked wonders on my skin. I stopped using the oral-antibiotic treatment which I was on for 3 years and continued using this cream. It has however, made my skin around my mouth and chin really dry after showering. My lips seem to dry up a lot more than usual forcing me to use vaseline on them to stop the rest of my skin around them from tightening up. This is the best solution to adult acne by far! Totally recommend this product.

17 user(s) found this helpful

LEE. G.
November 15, 2009

Pros:

I have hyperpigmentation. it was very depressing as I always had good skin. I am using skinoren at night and nivea cell renewal sun cream during the the day. skin is clearer, dark patches fading slowly. Will continue use.

Cons:

slightly pricey, but lasts long.

Looks very promising. I have made this cream a part of my skin care routine. Will update later.

13 user(s) found this helpful

Ivan
September 6, 2009

Cons:

no side effects

Clears skin in a few weeks,it is great product..

20 user(s) found this helpful

Thozie
July 15, 2009

Pros:

Works really really good.....,One just has to be patient and follow the instructions given by their doctor.We all want something that works quickly but patience is important.Definately worth trying.

Cons:

Itchy when u put it on....But I can handle it.Makes skin dry especially in winter as it is winter in SA now.but I use Nutraderm Moisturising Lotion for the dryness.

I said I will update u in 3 months,after writting here on the 11 May 2009. Well I have not finished 3 moths yet. But let me tell u I look much,much,much better than i was 2 moths ago.The pimples r completely gone.The dark spots r much lighter but still visible.Let me just say my self-esteem and confidence is right up thereeee.Am feeling GOOOD.Remember Iam on 6 months programme using Skinoren with Minerva35,end of the month I will visit my derm just to see if he is happy.But I am. I will update u again in 3 months. My curiousity now is wath will happen after i finish the 6 months.Mhhhh dont know will have to wait and see.But I cannot take another break out.

18 user(s) found this helpful

Hannah
June 15, 2009

Pros:

Easy to apply
Relatively cheap

Cons:

stings a bit.
Has made my neck very red (like a rash)
Takes a while to properly work

I have only been using Skinoren for four days. My doctor prescribed it along with a course of oral Clarithromycin. Since coming off the pill in December my skin has really broken out - I get a lot of whiteheads in particular. Tried using topical Clindamycin and that is OK but not amazing. Was contemplating Retin-A but am going to give this a go first. As other posters say, it does itch and sting when you first put it on. Makes me want to rub my face a lot and is hard to stop myself! I have already noticed fewer spots but I am still getting some whiteheads so I still have a way to go. I have been using it on my neck and chest too and my neck it quite red, like i have mild sunburn, hope that goes away. My chest area seems to be more stubborn as the spots are still there and show no sign of going. I really hope it works over the next few weeks

7 user(s) found this helpful

Thozie
May 11, 2009

Pros:

Could see difference on the first 2 day of use.Hope it continues to work.I see less pimples.Makes skin feels smooth and nicely matt

Cons:

Has an itchy feeling after putting it on.The scars are still there though.

I see a difference.I see the pimples are smaller and dry in the morning.Im starting my 2nd week today.My derm said it will help will the scars as i have dark skin.My dermatologist has put me on a 6 months program.im taking Minerva-35 as well.The combination seems to be really working.Will keep u updated in 3 months.

6 user(s) found this helpful

Ruby T
April 6, 2009

Pros:

It left my skin feeling smooth. Made my expoliator more effective when removing my scars. Dried out my open comedones.

Cons:

Burns. For a good amount of times. I would keep away from your mucosal areas (near your eyes and creases near your nose)

Good product. I find it was very helpful when teamed with twice daily treatments of topical erythromycin.

1 user(s) found this helpful