Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Reviews
3.9
139 Reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

38.8%

Used Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
February 22, 2018
Not for long term BP users / Sensitive skin
Longtime BP user here, 10+ years. I wanted to try something different so I got a Skinoren prescription from Boots ( UK) online. Used it for about 4-5 weeks. I probably went little balls deep on it ( used too much from the off) but it made my skin so incredibly itchy. I also got a bit of a chemical burn on my cheek near to my nose. It would take about 30-60 minutes before my skin would feel normal. I also couldn't find any info about using a moisturizer in combination with it.... lots of conflicting info everywhere. Didn't really help with acne just irritated my skin. I may give it another go ( using less of it next time) but it's not suitable for long-term use so any benefits will be < 9 months as its recommended to stop use after a year. I've also used differin which gave me a similar experience.

1 user(s) found this helpful

June 24, 2015
Skinoren, purging
I've been applying skinoren for 4 weeks now, once every night. My face to begin with was clear everywhere except for my forehead which is oily and i would breakout once a month, a few whiteheads here and there, with a few closed comedones. Since I've been using skinoren I've been breaking out non stop. I'm hoping that my skin is simply purging. I will give this another few weeks. Hopefully It won't cause damage to my skin.

20 user(s) found this helpful

October 20, 2016
This is really helpful and I feel the same after 3 weeks of use. could you please advise if you found any improvements after persevering ?
March 3, 2018
May 14, 2015
Normal?
I've been using Skinoren for over a week and I'm getting acne still...how long does it take? I smear Skinoren all over my face because I have acne in random places all over face. I also have it on my chest, so I've been putting Skinoren there as well. I haven't really notice anything at all as of yet. I'm also taking birth control...I've started both things on May 5th (2015)...fingers crossed for some actual results? I'm 26 and have adult acne....

10 user(s) found this helpful

May 25, 2015
Not sure about birth control, but oral drugs such as antibiotics and accutane tend to break ppl out before face start to clear up. As for the skinoren, make sure you put moisturizer on after cause azelaic acids peels the skin
August 27, 2014
Didn't really do anything
My acne kept on slowly getting worse, which made me hopeful that this was helping in some way, but I think it was just my skin itself that got worse regardless of what was on it. Skinoren didn't really do anything for me at all. Maybe it helped diminish the pimples a little bit after about a month or so, but it worked very very slowly. I used it for two and a half months, didn't renew my prescription. maybe it works if you use it longer, but I feel like a topical treatment should give quicker results. It is gentle, though, so maybe it could be worth a shot for someone with sensitive skin.

8 user(s) found this helpful

Sarah
July 18, 2008

Pros:

Nothing

Cons:

Itches a lot, makes skin red and irritated.

There are much more soothing acne medications available out there. This has never worked for me, ever.

1 user(s) found this helpful

Laura
March 21, 2008

Pros:

Doesn't bleach clothing

Cons:

Made my acne worse, delayed healing of spots

I used this for two months. It gradually made the acne on my chin worse and worse. It has been worse that it has ever been and the spots that are appearing take ages to heal and remain red. Normally my spots disappear within a few days. I didn't have much stinging or itching on application-just occasionally. I have hormonal acne, I flare up on my chin twice a month normally with between 2-5 spots. Since using skinoren I have about 10 spots and that has been all month long, I keep getting new ones and the old ones aren't disappearing. I cannot recommend skinoren at all. Perhaps it is because my acne is hormonal and adult acne-I am 29. I have stopped using skinoren today and have some DIM on order as my next product to try, if that doesn't work I'll have to try spiro
Anonymous
April 12, 2007

Pros:

non

Cons:

skin is red,dehydrated,irritated,tight,stings like hell

it made every thing WORSE!!!
adam
March 11, 2007

Pros:

it seems to work at first

Cons:

it's kind of useless

the bottom line is, it's better than nothing, but still,i d go for something better. i got it for free , since it was compensated so i didn't really care if it worked or not.personally i think that my back acnee is worse than before