Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Reviews
3.9
139 Reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Arlatone 983 S (polyoxyethylene fatty acid ester), cutina CBS (mixture of mono-dicglyceridene, fatty alcohols, triglycerides and wax esters), cetearyloctanoate, propylene glycol, glycerol 85%, benzoic acid, purified water.

38.8%
28.1%
20.1%
7.2%
5.8%

Used Skinoren : Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
November 8, 2013
works for first months, not in long run
Skinoren cream. Used it for months and cleared a lot of my skin, after some month treatment (for weeks). After using it few months more it just stopped working and acne came back, and the skin was really terrible, did not stopped using it, but nothing did work anymore. I started taking accutane(took it 6 months) got clear for months but after stopped using it, acne came back almost the next day,, and I was still alive and did not had any side effects, "thanks god!":D. Doctor described again new medicine, that did not work at all.(don't go to the doctor). "Products that irritate your skin and cause more acne". My skin was sometimes really clear, did not know why, but now I realized that i was using a product with BP and should not have stopped using it(it was a exposed skincare kit, the daily serum(it's too expensive)). Now my skin is clear thanks to BP only, and I will use it daily, works now almost a year, I have pretty good skin. !!!!About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product. If I will not use acnefug for several days(without showering etc) the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

8 user(s) found this helpful

August 18, 2013
skinoren experience

Pros:

...

Cons:

force my face to breakout often
worsen my condition
didnt do anything for red marks

worst treatment i have, i had 1 pimple in a week then i started using skinoren and i have 1 new pimple per day!!! i used it for month then i gave up and after two weeks i still have new pimple everyday, i dont know whats wrong... even cyst i have which i never had before, it may help someone but my opinion hands off! and yeaa... didnt help with red marks after 1 mont a bit!

10 user(s) found this helpful

Anonymous
June 25, 2012

Pros:

I'm sorry but for me there just weren't any pros

Cons:

Initial stinging
Didn't prevent new breakouts
I don't think it affected my acne very much at all

I was prescribed this cream from my doctor, alongside deoxycycline antibiotic, and must say it just didn't work for me sadly. I atleast thought the cream could prevent further breakouts however I did breakout where I applied the cream. I used it for about 2 weeks religiously but it ran out quite quickly, so instead my doctor prescribed me Duac once daily gel, which i prefer as I have seen improvement on my skin with only a few days use. Maybe this will work for you too!

3 user(s) found this helpful

August 28, 2011
I have been using this item for 3.5 months now. I am not happy with the results. I still have acne. I have been using it inconjunction with Tetralysal antibiotics. The areas affected by acne has changed, before I started is was my t-zone, but now it has moved to my cheeks. Now, I have to start all over again and try a new product and hope that it works :(

3 user(s) found this helpful

June 9, 2011

Pros:

worked for 2 days. seems to work initially for first few hours when put on skin.

Cons:

after 2 hrs skin became extremely greasy. I was really suffering from whiteheads and blackheads (small zits), after using this cream for 1 week i now have 5 huge papules on my face with even more blackheads and whiteheads and make up just seems to slide off.

Stopped use after one week as skin is in much worse condition than when i started.
Auburnite
January 8, 2009

Pros:

Coulndn't mention any

Cons:

Dries out skin. Burns and leaves skin itchy and red.

I've been using this product for nearly 3 months now and i'm giving up. My skin looks older and ragged due to the drying effect. This product has not been working for me at all!

8 user(s) found this helpful

Leighanne
August 30, 2008

Pros:

I have been using this product for a few weeks now and overall i think it has made my acne worse.

Cons:

Makes skin really red and itchy and makes breakouts look even worse.

My doctor told me to try this after having been prescribed many other creams/gels, which also did not work but overall this has got to be the worst cream out of them all, i have stopped using it for now and i have another appointment this tuesday so ill keep my fingers crossed she gives me something that actually works.

4 user(s) found this helpful