Proactiv Solution : Acne Treatment System

Brand:
Reviews
2.7
7173 Reviews

Renewing Cleanser Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, Imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum). Revitalizing Toner Water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140). Repairing Treatment Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, propylene glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

9.9%

Used Proactiv Solution : Acne Treatment System? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
October 25, 2023
strips the skin
Okay, so It cleared up my skin but completely stripped it, so the journey to wean to another brand that isn't so extreme and harmful to my ph levels and skin barrier is hard. If you do use this, be prepared to have a mini breakout after and have to slowly work your way to another brand. AND GET PRODUCT THAT HELPS YOUR SKIN BARRIER!!!!
July 20, 2017
Good or bad?
This worked for my younger years, but as I grew older my acne started to change... It stopped working and started causing more breakouts on my face :(

March 16, 2017
Customer service starting to falter
I've been using Proactiv for over 10 years now and my skin has stayed quite clear with the occasional flare ups. Most recently I've been getting more flare ups so I called in to see if they could send me a spot treatment. Before I called today, their customer service had been impeccable; no wait, courteous reps, and they always let me try the different moisturizers for free in the winter when my skin got dry. The rep I had today offered for me to pay $20 for the pen and $16 for the blemish treatment. I asked if they had samples since I don't want to try the product and dislike it and waste it. That wasn't an option. Quite disappointed since these are things the company usually gifts me for free and they even note on a flyer in my monthly box and I can receive free product gifts, samples, and sneak previews. Hoping this was just a fluke rep since in the past the company has bent over backwards.

14 user(s) found this helpful

June 16, 2016
10 weeks and my face got worse
Skin type: normal/oily I used Proactiv for 10 weeks and my face got progressively worse with more redness and breakouts. It worked for my sister and best friend though hence why I cant give it less than a three; it just doesn't work for everyone.

10 user(s) found this helpful

February 15, 2016
Disappointment..
Im giving it 3 stars because it did clear me up for about 2 weeks, but then stopped working. I started using this in January and stopped in July. I was so fed up that I was paying so much and it was doing nothing.. If anything it was making the dark scars on my cheeks EVEN DARKER. The whole thing just felt like putting harsh chemicals all over your face.. I was really hoping it was going to work.. It has been working pretty well on my sister but her acne wasn't nearly as bad as mine. Maybe try it if you have not a lot of acne, but if you have cystic acne like me don't waste your money... Its not worth it.

22 user(s) found this helpful

January 27, 2016
Sulfur mask for acne
I watched the commercial and I was complelled to buy. I wasn't really impressed with the kit but I did like the Sulfur refining mask. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different brand that has been around for 50 years. He suggested using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10% with .25% Salicylic Acid. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

36 user(s) found this helpful

August 13, 2015
Good for a little while
I am 15 years old , i have been struggling with acne on my forehead mainly and i didn't know what else to do so i got proactive. Proactive did work really well at first , it cleared up my skin and make it really soft. After awhile my face was getting use to the product, my pimples were coming back. I started using another thing called x out which sorta worked but not really , it irritated my skin and made it dry. I went back on proactive and i see no results , i guess my face just got use to this product and does not want to work anymore

July 15, 2015
Try it if you want. but it might not work
Worked for a while. And then my skin just got resistant to it, so it no longer worked.

5 user(s) found this helpful

April 1, 2015
Proactiv-works but not really effective
I have also had problems with acne since college until I started working, it is just mild but still disturbing. I had tried a lot of products including proactiv. It worked but no dramatic change happened. I think it's a burden financially to buy this product every two months without seeing any effect. The pimples and acnes are still coming back. Then one time, I had problem with my menstruation cycle- i have an irregular cycle. So I went to an OB-GYNE doctor and she prescribed me Gracial Pills for 6 months. It is to correct your menstrual cycle, a contraceptive plus anti-acne.I didn't know if it is really an anti-acne product but ever since I took the pills, my acne slowly disappeared and now, it's completely gone. I think the main reason for my acnes are imbalanced hormones. No joke girls.. I'm writing this to help those who would like to have acne-free face. I hope that this will also help you. :)

12 user(s) found this helpful

December 20, 2014
Worked initially but then really didn't.
I started getting acne at about 21 in the form of non-inflammatory pimples on my chin and forehead. I'm now 25 and have blocked pores mostly all over my face, cystic outbreaks on my chin (hormonal) and forehead and painful hard spots along my jawline. I have mostly oily skin but these days I really have no idea what it's doing. I tried the core system from proactive about a eighteen months ago and used it for three months. It seemed to really clear my acne however towards the end of the three months I felt that whilst my skin was mostly clear, it looked quite dehydrated. That's when I stopped using it. I revisited it two months ago when my acne got really, really bad as I knew it had worked for me previously. This was a huge mistake. The first week saw some of the smaller pimples dry up and disappear but then in the fourth and fifth weeks it seemed like the proactive was irritating my skin and causing it to break out further. It seemed that the toner was burning and tingling my skin the most so I avoided this part of the system and the problems see sped to clear slightly but then they just got worse again. I had a failed stint with retin a about eight months ago and since then my skin has been much more sensitive to everything so it's possible that this is why the proactiv has not worked for me this time round. The first time round it definitely reduced my breakouts. I stopped using it because it made my skin a but dry and I felt it was starting to look a bit lacklustre.