x

Lemon Juice (applied topically) reviews

4.3/5 - 878 reviews

Not so bad
Reviewed on January 8, 2018

Hi! I'm using lemon only for spot treatment. I'm using it on my pimple, but not all over my face. It has stingy sensation but I kinda like it 😂 because I feel it works. I use with cutted cotton pads and put the juice in. I leave it until it dries. At tomorrow my pimple just dry ❤ Maybe some people said It's too acidic, but I'm not often using this treatment.

it's been a year indy2003
Reviewed on October 24, 2017

a surprising update on lemon juice um well it helped for a little while with the scars and pigmentation but uhhhh it was to harsh and i had stopped using it,sorry to those that may have started using it because of me im so sorry if i had known that i made and account i would've deleted that one and made sure that you hadn't listened to that idiotic being.

5 stars
Reviewed on August 28, 2017

5 stars from me. i've had bad redness from years of acne marks and in a short amount of time, lemon juice has really lighten up my skin / post acne marks & i feel a lot more confident as my skin looks sort of "normal" with no redness.

im still learning about using lemon juice topically but i currently leave it on my skin over night. - if you want to try this treatment, i would do some research first. (some people recommend using it overnight, some say 10 mins max and others say use it three times a day ?)

i am unsure of the side effects so i might not use it as much now but iv'e read something about avoiding sunlight when using lemon juice?

Does lemon juice causes pimples
Reviewed on August 13, 2017

If I use lemon juice on my face, is there any possibility to see pimples on my face as side effect of using lemon juice?

Usually pimples go away by using lemon juice. Does the pimples may again come on the same place after few days?

For me it only lightened my dark spots but that's still a plus :)
Reviewed on July 20, 2017

Starting getting acne as age 30 was approaching. I was devastated. I turned to Proactive. It worked. However it's 7 years later now & I've started to notice dark spots on my forehead and chin area (old acne areas). I researched the causes and found that the benzyl peroxide is harsh for the skin especially when going into the sun. I found the lemon remedy online and stopped the use of proactive. The LEMON HAS FADED MY DARK SPOTS SOOO MUCH! IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS!. I'm so relieved and thankful, however not the same cannot be said about my annoying acne on my chin and sides of my neck. The acne is still there. I will continue to try and find an alternative to proactive but I'm not going to lie I think about going back to Proactive everyday :(

Bottom line, TRY IT!, It may just work for you. You never know :)

by Emmie1234 on 08/26/2017 19:54
I have been struggling with acne since i was 15 now 25. I found pro active worked but not as well as i hoped and i couldnt keep up with paying that amount. So i have recently found a new product called biore blemiah clearing scrub and it works!!!! May help with chin acne? I will definately be using the lemon juice to reduce the dark acme scars!. Thank you x
"we all have different skin types"
Reviewed on April 28, 2017

so i started getting acne when i had my first period so around 11 and half years old,

i tried: Proactiv ,St ives ,charcoal ,Clearasli ,Neutroena and mutiple diy natural masks and nothing seem to give me the effect i wanted.

Now i am 13 and currently in highschool.

The things that really made a difference was Crystaderm and of course lemon juice , Both of these made a great impact on me and although i've only been using lemon juice for a couple of weeks i definitely see a difference with how my acne magically disapeared.

One downside of both treatments is the short painful sting you can get if its an open wound but it just shows that when the sting stops the germs may have been cleaned out.

by TeenGirl14 on 10/24/2017 17:26
wtf this is me a year ago jesus i didnt know i made an account ummmm this is weird
Works - but be careful.
Reviewed on April 4, 2017

Hi! I have hyper pigmentation and acne scars. My skin type is dry.

First time I tried this: I applied lemon slice's juice onto my scars on my forehead and left it on for about 10 minutes, then washed it off. I did it for a full week, once a day. It cleared my scars significantly, but it caused small white bumps all over my forehead, which went away after a couple of days. Because of that, I didn't really try it again for another couple of months.

Second time trying this: I apply the juice to my scars, and leave it for 10 minutes. I only do this once to twice a week to avoid any sensitive reactions with my skin. I wash it away with soap and water. This method has really helped boost the look of my scars and allow it to fade out quicker. I suggest to squeeze lemon juice onto a small plate and then apply with cotton swab in your specific scar areas, because if you apply it on skin without imperfections, it can possibly cause an unwanted reaction. Do this technique at night.

Good luck! :)

A word of warning
Reviewed on March 20, 2017

Hello everyone! My name is Hannah. I have struggled with acne ever since I was 10 years of age (I'm 17 now). One of the natural remedies I tried over the years was indeed applying lemon juice topically. This is an item that is extremely acidic.. which may help as a spot treatment but (and I truly, from the bottom of my heart caution you) it may not be the best as a full-face mask, so to speak. I learned that lesson at the age of 13 when lemon juice (in reaction with the sun) caused rather serious burns and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I advise that you ladies (and gentlemen, of course) with sensitive skin steer clear of this remedy. I personally cleared my acne at the age of 15 with the Acne.org Regimen and the awful hyperpigmentation caused by the lemon juice was fixed with the consistent use of Acne.org's AHA+. I wish all of you well on your acne clearing journeys! Much love.

Mix it with pure raw honey
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I mix it with pure raw honey so it won't sting and leave it on my face for 15-30 minutes. Raw honey helps with acne as well. If it doesn't work, reconsider your diet and make sure you're drinking enough water per day. Also, make sure that you're using a natural moisturizer. I use raw virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer -- and no, it does NOT clog my pores. However, coconut oil helped me get rid of my acne.

Indecisive
Reviewed on March 2, 2017

I am experiencing acne since the age of 14 (17 now) i realized that anything with benzoyl peroxide in it causes my skin to burn. For example i used acneterminator and it caused my skin to get red and dry. Should i still use lemon or should i stick with the remedy of honey & Ice?

by Niamhlaoibh on 05/01/2017 18:18
Natural yoghurt, honey and tumeric face masks 3 times a week have made a massive improvement for me,, and green tea as a toner

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org