Lemon Juice (applied topically) Reviews

Lemon Juice (applied topically)

Great for redness

Amazing at getting rid of redness but didn't notice a difference with my acne. You'd be better off with a good spot gel if you want to use lemon to reduce the size of your spots

the limon to our skin

In my opinion, lemon has been a great help to treat a fungus that has come out on my skin, because due to its vitamin content, together with other natural products help to treat and prevent certain types of fungi and sometimes even diseases . Cancer and diabetes are some of them. use the lemon as many times as you consider necessary and you will see a great improvement, just as I have done. I recommend a page that extends everything about lemon. http://vitalfortaleza.com/usos-del-limon-congelado/

I love it.

Honestly , Lemon is a blessing to me , because rubbing a sliced lemon on your acne scar or pimple , reduces the darkness and makes the pimple pop faster . I had a lot of scars on my legs and it was embarrassing but using lemon faded them a lot. I truly recommend using lemon for any type of face lighting or acne reducing. Lemon and honey will get you right ;) Honey will make the skin glow , and lemon reduces scars and pimples. It's a win win , go AWF people :)

Not so bad

Hi! I'm using lemon only for spot treatment. I'm using it on my pimple, but not all over my face. It has stingy sensation but I kinda like it 😂 because I feel it works. I use with cutted cotton pads and put the juice in. I leave it until it dries. At tomorrow my pimple just dry � Maybe some people said It's too acidic, but I'm not often using this treatment.

it's been a year indy2003

a surprising update on lemon juice um well it helped for a little while with the scars and pigmentation but uhhhh it was to harsh and i had stopped using it,sorry to those that may have started using it because of me im so sorry if i had known that i made and account i would've deleted that one and made sure that you hadn't listened to that idiotic being.

well, when using an acidic substance you should always mix it with something like water, olive oil, or honey to even it out. It's not your fault that you didn't know. That's the reason why it was so harsh on your face because you just used lemon.

5 stars

5 stars from me. i've had bad redness from years of acne marks and in a short amount of time, lemon juice has really lighten up my skin / post acne marks & i feel a lot more confident as my skin looks sort of "normal" with no redness. im still learning about using lemon juice topically but i currently leave it on my skin over night. - if you want to try this treatment, i would do some research first. (some people recommend using it overnight, some say 10 mins max and others say use it three times a day ?) -i am unsure of the side effects so i might not use it as much now but iv'e read something about avoiding sunlight when using lemon juice?

Comments

Does lemon juice causes pimples

If I use lemon juice on my face, is there any possibility to see pimples on my face as side effect of using lemon juice? Usually pimples go away by using lemon juice. Does the pimples may again come on the same place after few days?

Well, if you have it for too long it could irritate your skin and possibly cause one so yes. What I would recommend is to have it on for no longer than 30 minutes and the max would be 5 minutes!

For me it only lightened my dark spots but that's still a plus :)

Starting getting acne as age 30 was approaching. I was devastated. I turned to Proactive. It worked. However it's 7 years later now & I've started to notice dark spots on my forehead and chin area (old acne areas). I researched the causes and found that the benzyl peroxide is harsh for the skin especially when going into the sun. I found the lemon remedy online and stopped the use of proactive. The LEMON HAS FADED MY DARK SPOTS SOOO MUCH! IN THE PAST 3 MONTHS!. I'm so relieved and thankful, however not the same cannot be said about my annoying acne on my chin and sides of my neck. The acne is still there. I will continue to try and find an alternative to proactive but I'm not going to lie I think about going back to Proactive everyday :( Bottom line, TRY IT!, It may just work for you. You never know :)

I have been struggling with acne since i was 15 now 25. I found pro active worked but not as well as i hoped and i couldnt keep up with paying that amount. So i have recently found a new product called biore blemiah clearing scrub and it works!!!! May help with chin acne? I will definately be using the lemon juice to reduce the dark acme scars!. Thank you x

"we all have different skin types"

so i started getting acne when i had my first period so around 11 and half years old, i tried: Proactiv ,St ives ,charcoal ,Clearasli ,Neutroena and mutiple diy natural masks and nothing seem to give me the effect i wanted. Now i am 13 and currently in highschool. The things that really made a difference was Crystaderm and of course lemon juice , Both of these made a great impact on me and although i've only been using lemon juice for a couple of weeks i definitely see a difference with how my acne magically disapeared. One downside of both treatments is the short painful sting you can get if its an open wound but it just shows that when the sting stops the germs may have been cleaned out.

TeenGirl14
wtf this is me a year ago jesus i didnt know i made an account ummmm this is weird

Works - but be careful.

Hi! I have hyper pigmentation and acne scars. My skin type is dry. First time I tried this: I applied lemon slice's juice onto my scars on my forehead and left it on for about 10 minutes, then washed it off. I did it for a full week, once a day. It cleared my scars significantly, but it caused small white bumps all over my forehead, which went away after a couple of days. Because of that, I didn't really try it again for another couple of months. Second time trying this: I apply the juice to my scars, and leave it for 10 minutes. I only do this once to twice a week to avoid any sensitive reactions with my skin. I wash it away with soap and water. This method has really helped boost the look of my scars and allow it to fade out quicker. I suggest to squeeze lemon juice onto a small plate and then apply with cotton swab in your specific scar areas, because if you apply it on skin without imperfections, it can possibly cause an unwanted reaction. Do this technique at night. Good luck! :)

A word of warning

Hello everyone! My name is Hannah. I have struggled with acne ever since I was 10 years of age (I'm 17 now). One of the natural remedies I tried over the years was indeed applying lemon juice topically. This is an item that is extremely acidic.. which may help as a spot treatment but (and I truly, from the bottom of my heart caution you) it may not be the best as a full-face mask, so to speak. I learned that lesson at the age of 13 when lemon juice (in reaction with the sun) caused rather serious burns and hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. I advise that you ladies (and gentlemen, of course) with sensitive skin steer clear of this remedy. I personally cleared my acne at the age of 15 with the Acne.org Regimen and the awful hyperpigmentation caused by the lemon juice was fixed with the consistent use of Acne.org's AHA+. I wish all of you well on your acne clearing journeys! Much love.

Comments

Mix it with pure raw honey

I mix it with pure raw honey so it won't sting and leave it on my face for 15-30 minutes. Raw honey helps with acne as well. If it doesn't work, reconsider your diet and make sure you're drinking enough water per day. Also, make sure that you're using a natural moisturizer. I use raw virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer -- and no, it does NOT clog my pores. However, coconut oil helped me get rid of my acne.

Indecisive

I am experiencing acne since the age of 14 (17 now) i realized that anything with benzoyl peroxide in it causes my skin to burn. For example i used acneterminator and it caused my skin to get red and dry. Should i still use lemon or should i stick with the remedy of honey & Ice?

Natural yoghurt, honey and tumeric face masks 3 times a week have made a massive improvement for me,, and green tea as a toner

Works well WITH tea tree moisturizer

If there is a story that never ends, it is my story with acne. I had it since 2009, tried so many things to get rid of it, went to many doctors but they didn't help much to the point I don't even care about my breakouts anymore. Just recently, I moved to a tropical place with bad water quality. Since then, my acne gotten worse and it finally caught my attention again. Went to a doctor first, got treated with chemical peeling only to have my acne even worse. A friend of mine suggested me to use lemon juice every night before going to bed and to use some moisturizer. I was hesitant at first. Since my skin type is very oily, wouldn't it gotten worse if I use moisturizer? Apparently not. Yes, lemon juice works like magic-- only after 6 nights of using lemon juice, I can see a big difference. But it's also important to use moisturizer since lemon juice can irritate your skin and cause more acne. Hence, the key is to look for the right moisturizer for your skin. I chose night lotion that contains tea tree oil and it works perfectly. I also use tea tree mattifying lotion for daily use. Unfortunately the mattifying lotion don't have SPF in it, so I have to look for sunscreen that works well with oily skin. I also drank 2 lites of water/day. So far, it works just fine for me. I hope this helps you too. :)

Advice?

Im confused, i saw very good review but also the worse review here. Some experienced their worse breakout and it's pretty scary tbh. I used to have severe acne but its now all gone. Left with brownish hyper pigmentation. Got any advice?

Comments

Good for scars/scabs but not for your entire face

Unfortunately it broke me out pretty bad. Works good to heal popped/old pimples though.

Comments

Friend that I always come back to😉

I used to put lemon juice on my face when I had scars, and it helped perfectly. Sometimes it also help to dry out pimples and make them go away. However, I have forgotten about it and now since I got some hormonal acne and it left me scars I start use it again before I go to the bed and in the afternoon when I do my daily routine .. and I'm really satisfied. Recommend it;)

How did u apply it? How long did u leave it on for?

Simply did not work.

I tried it with sugar and honey and it only worsened.

Sugar feeds to the bacteria on your face and can make acne worse. And because of the jagged uneven ways the sugar is shaped, it can be bad for the layer of your skin and cause more acne. If you decide to use lemon on your face, dilute it with water so it isn't as harsh on your face because your skin needs to have a certain ph balance or it can break out from lemon as well. For a while I was only using water to wash my face and I stopped using makeup unless it was a special day/night and it has cleared up a lot but now I'm trying to speed up the healing process from my old acne. I have hyperpigmentation and a lot of the things out there in store has a lot of bad ingredients in it even if it says noncomedogenic. So lemon has been my go to. And if I do have a pimple, I don't mess with it until it has a white head. Then I like it with the tiniest sewing needle and pull the skin outward. And there are foods that can contribute to acne as well. Dairy, sugars, and greasy foods.

NEVER USE LEMON HARSH FOR SKIN

Never use lemon on ur face.Dont acidic and will burn ur face.it is harsh.Use stuff such as cucumbers or tomatoes and even watermelon rinds.fresh watery fruits and no acidic fruits.it is wayyyyyy better.

User523878
hey dude I agree that people shouldnt use lemon but dont use words like retarded, its really not okay
Hi I use lemon on my face to fade acne scars and make my pores smaller. It works for me.. And last time I checked I am not retarded ;-)
There's nothing wrong with using "retarded" lol. This review is lame though.
Sorry for my language I just tying to express my review but I hope it helps

Great Results

I have been using lemon juice for the past two days and I have gotten better results than any of the other products I have used. My face has been getting less and less acne and my acne scars have faded. This is what I do: -squeeze a lemon into a bowl -mix it with a little sugar -place a warm towel on your face to open you pores -using a cotton ball apply juice to all affected areas of face -wait 15 to 20 minutes -wash off with cold water to close pores -put on some kind of moisturizer (since lemon will dry skin causing a breakout) Use this method once every two days and don't keep doing it since it will irritate your skin causing more acne. On the days you don't do this apply other remedies like: honey, aloe vera gel, or (i prefer) Benzoyl peroxide -- but remember to always open up pores when applying these

Comments

FEW DAYS, BIG IMPROVEMENT!

Omg! SO for the past 3 days I have been putting lemon juice(not pure lemon but thr lemon juice in a little lemon bottle from the store) and I've seen MAJOR improvement in this little bit of time. Honestly, when I first started I thought it wouldn't work as I've tried many things- aloe vera, medicine, prescription, certain face washes and creams, etc.- but it does indeed work. Now, I actually feel better about my skin and hoping it will work more without irritating my skin, although it does dry it. I've been applying this lemon juice with a CLEAN flat typical foundation brush (like a bigger paint brush) and leaving it on my face for 1 hour ish, sometimes longer, and washing it off in the shower. THEN in the shower I use a homemade face scrub- baking soda and water with a little bit of lemon! I use this like every other day because it may be a little Harsh. It exfoliates my skin at the same time and assists with lightening my scars. I'm excited for school this upcoming year because I know my skin will be better.

Hi, I am trying to get rid of a scar by my mouth and I am using lemon juice to lighten it. Do you think I will see the same results? Thank You

Not for me

As much as I wanted it to work this remedy is not just for me. I keep thinking I will have progress at the end of the week or maybe i just have diff skin type than the others, but no. I used it for 3 weeks before giving up. I just wanted to get rid of these damn dark spots. And I keep thinking if it contributed to my breakout recently. It's just too much work and pain. So I decided to stop. I even mixed it with honey because it's too painful and dried my face. I really wanted this too work because of the positive reviews I read in here. But you know. It's a trial & error process and finding what's best for you. And this definitely is not for me.

Comments

Been using it off and on again throughout the months

Worked great just have to stop being lazy and put it on my skin. I have light African American skin, it works perfectly for me it cleans my skin and when it's on it makes me feel so refresh, I take it off after 30 min (I used to wear it all night but it's pretty uncomfortable.) I had a zit on my face just this week I mixed the lemons and milk put inside the microwave (just like 5 to 10 seconds make it warm.) Kept it on for 30 min washed it and that zit washed right off (I know gross right lol.) but it's gone completely clear it's amazing what a little lemon and milk can do. It worked for me but reading some of these comments it seems not to work for everyone maybe they didn't use it long enough. I don't have much breakout to begin with though just a few dark marks that aren't too noticeable just mainly doing this to lighten my skin a bit. I also put coco butter on my face afterwards feels great really does.

it helps

it helps drying out my pimples and lighten up my scars but dont overuse it it could be cause irritaing on your skin

Scars

HELPFULL!! �

I've been actually using the lemon juice remedy twice a day for 2 days already. And im definitely seeing a difference. My skin is alot lighter zits are not red anymore. And some dark spots went away. Im amazed . I've spent so much money on treatments that didnt work.. I tried almost everything. And finally found the solution. This is what i do i squeeze both halfs of a lemon onto a small bowl and add sugar, stir until it makes a paste. Then With a cotton ball apply it all over your face or just the affected area , i use my middle and ring finger and spread it all over my face and i massage my face making a zero for about 5 mins. After that wait another 5 mins and rinse off with warm water. Pat try and moisterize. I use vaseline. The reason i add sugar to the lemon juice is because the sugar removes dead skin leaving the skin soft and it minimizes pimples

Popular Nutrition/Holistic