Notifications
Clear all

(result updated) Dr Rullan, subcision+deep microneedling + TCA CROSS

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 12/20/2017 8:28 pm

Got the treatment on Dec 18th. first TCA CROSS with 60% (I'm Asian by the way) he did TCA CROSS very thoroughly, more than the icepick scars that I have noticed. Some he just dipped, some he dipped and rolled to press down. Then subcision. He did subcision differently than Dr morganroth. Morganroth marked individual scars and only subcise under the scar with one needle. Rullan did regional subcision ( larger face regions and very deep. this time I heard tissue splitting sound .... scary) Rullan's subcision is more aggressive. My face was swollen like a squirrel. I think he did not do Saline filling according to the nurse. He only did subcision on my cheeks and chin, not my forehead and my temple..... Then he did deep micro needling.... very thorough again. at least 4 different depth and multiple passes all over my face... I had two large chickenpox scars on my cheek, he said it was very hard to treat, he did some thing called phenol peel to erode the edges and had me come in next day and use a small "knife"? to scratch the eroded skin so that the edge would be less sharp. cost is $1000.
I will see how it goes...

It is almost 6 weeks after my treatment. I am very happy with the result except for the hematoma on my cheeks.... because there is a bump it looks like right near it is concave. 
I am very happy with the result (best treatment I've ever had), it looks much better than before, especially the very small scars (ice picks I guess on the right cheek) One of the chicken pox scars has some improvement, the other is kind of similar to before. I know those scars are hard to treat. I will visit dr rullan again.
after photos: (for before photos, see the previous post below) I used two different lighting to show the result better.

IMG_9393.JPGIMG_9394.JPGIMG_9395.JPGIMG_9396.JPGIMG_9397.JPGIMG_9398.JPGIMG_9399.JPGIMG_9400.JPG

same day:
I bought a $50 kit from the clinic. I used up the HA serum the first day and the coconut milk moisture. I am not doing suctioning right now... because my face is still swelling. I'm taking MSM,multivitamin,zinc, collagen (if I remembers). I do red light not very religiously, because it took too long. After I ran out of coconut milk moisture and HA serum I started to use vaseline and stem cell serum (the Korean brand, recommended by the forum). 
I will keep you updated.
my face is getting dark at the places where he did TCA cross, I don't see any scabs. It is the second day. When will I see scabs? 
I am taking days off, but am still working. my friends have more pictures during procedure and afterwards. Will upload those once I have more time.
I hope everything will go well.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/21/2017 1:53 pm

Looking good, as expected the swelling must go down from the sub before Chinese Cupping as you said.

With your skin type be sure to use hydroquinone ad retin a or tretinorin to avoid hyperpigementation when you heal up a bit

Wow mega session, what he did with the phenol is considered phenol with dermabrasion. Remember I said he specializes in this deep peels.

Take vitamins and herbs that are anti-inflammatory. Some take curcumin. Antihistimines help others aka Benadryl. Ibuprofenis another. Lots of Green tea and vitamin C. Eat Gelatin or Bone Broth high in collagen building materials.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/21/2017 1:55 pm

I second the bone broth!! It is really easy to make a huge batch (or you can have it storebought.) it's really great to sip on in the cold weather too!

swen liked
MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 01/31/2018 5:48 pm

result updated in the original post

MemberMember
(@ohwellletstry)

Posted : 02/02/2018 3:03 pm

On 1/31/2018 at 2:48 PM, byescar said:

result updated in the original post

Sorry, but I am confused. Which one is the original post? Looking forward!

Okay now I get it. Thanks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/02/2018 5:48 pm

The original pics show the op more orange if i am correct.the updated the op is more white if i am correct?
:)

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/03/2018 6:19 am

Maybe it would be easier to follow if you post your updated results not in the original post.

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 02/03/2018 6:20 pm

oh, sorry the original post means the the first post that i posted in the topic.
the old pictures are in the other topic that i posted -> my subcision experience (august 16 2017)

result is in this topic.
the pictures prior to this treatment are in :

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/05/2018 3:29 pm

You can wash just dont rub the areas where the scabs are and just pat dry with ckean dry towel.moisturise the tca crossed areas.
:)

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 02/05/2018 6:18 pm

3 hours ago, damnscars said:
@byescar
I had the same treatment as you six days ago (CROSS+subcision+microneedling) from Dr. Rullan. He used carboxylic acid instead of TCA when doing CROSS on me (he went on a spiel about how he's the only one doing this and how it's so innovative because it doesn't make the scar wider like TCA). Did he do the same to you and did you ever get scabs from the CROSS? I've read you're not supposed to wash your face until the scabs fall off but I didn't get any scabs so I just ended up washing my face after 2 days.

i washed my face but did not rub my face after the treatment. i didnt get the so called scabs. it is just very thin layer of dark dead skin. i accidentally removed some of them when i apply moisturizer... i'd never seen thick hard scabs, probably because i kept my face well moisturized.

tapple007 liked
MemberMember
(@tapple007)

Posted : 02/07/2018 11:37 pm

I'm flying in from another state to see Dr Rullan the end of this month to do this same treatment, TCA cross, subcision and microneedlining. I am glad that you mentioned that he's using carboxylic acid instead of TCA I had no idea. Also, what was the sequence that he did the procedures? Acid, subcision, microneedling?? Did he use a neutralizer for the acid prior to proceeding to the subcision/microneedling. I'm glad I found Dr Rullan, I don't understand why more derms don't do these procedures to help their patients out. Thanksto all who post, I feel I know what to expect, the time line for collagen to start forming and how to promote with food and vitamins. Still a little apprehensive. Taking a couple weeks off for swelling, I know it will be a while for the icepicks to remodel. Its difficult to get time off of work to do this and I was hoping to do another session in a year when time off permits. Will this hinder or help my cause with the time being so far apart?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2018 10:39 am

@tapple007No it's won't, treat when you have the time and the money. You can do TCA local to you as well if you wish, more derms do this than subcision.

MemberMember
(@tapple007)

Posted : 02/20/2018 9:21 am

Did you take Arnica for swelling and bruising prior to your procedure. They recommended that I do this 5 days prior. How is your swelling now??

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 02/22/2018 4:51 pm

On 2/20/2018 at 6:21 AM, tapple007 said:

Did you take Arnica for swelling and bruising prior to your procedure. They recommended that I do this 5 days prior. How is your swelling now??

No. I didn't take anything prior to the procedure. I was swelling too much that I actually scared me on the first day. I'd say the swelling did not go away until the 4th or 5th day after the procedure.

@beautifulambitionDr rullan recommended me to do another subcision + micro needling + tca cross. what do you think? I think micro needling + tca cross is good. But I'm not sure about subcision. I still have a little bit rolling scars... but the way that dr rullan does subcision is a little bit scary. he does large-regional subcision instead of only below the scars themselves.....

MemberMember
(@simonandscarfunkel)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:07 pm

What is the korean brand stem cell serum that you use?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/23/2018 12:56 am

@byescar Anyone can do microneedling at home, buy a derminator. Keep doing the TCA Cross. Then when ready ....He also is very good at deep peels even for ethnic skin doing dermabrasion. If you don't want to do subcision don't do it. I do think a peel would help you.

Have you done RF microneedling?

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 06/02/2020 6:35 pm

Hey any update?