Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars Treatment

MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/22/2017 8:36 am

What would be the best treatment for that kind of scars that they don't look so deep anymore when the sun comes from behind? Thanks to everyone :)

_20171122_143133.JPG

_20171122_143102.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/22/2017 9:36 am

You have a few things going on. Fat Loss, Box cars / rolling scars on the surface. Check to see if your skin / scars move with your skin when you smile or have facial movements or when you pull the skin what happens....

Plan:

3 treatments of RF Microneedling like Infini, secret, intracel, intensif, vivance. Space them 3 months apart.

Subcision on anything that is a pencil eraser in size or more (pits), if not this is optional, Filler is needed for your fat deficiency.

TCA Cross for your defined border boxcars and icepicks (will need several treatments over time)

TCA spot peels on your cheeks. Checkout the FAQ, first post of the acne scar sub, then goto the TCA section, and the link for all things peels to learn how to do them.

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/22/2017 11:19 am

Thank a lot :) Which settings would you use for the Intracel (how much mm)? :) And isn't there a risk for even more fat loss when I do RF microneedling? 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/22/2017 12:25 pm

Intracel is a great machine, it was the original RF Mirconeedling model. Has alot of power and needle motor strength. I would do 3 months between treatments, as this is how collagen heals, Drs push quicker treatments $$$, it will look worse or more depressed (skin) before better so be prepared. You could sprinkle in your sub treatments between those Intracel apts.

No there is not risk of fat loss unless the DR/Nurse is dumb and goes to deep to the fat and turns up the settings. This is why they must palpate the skin to feel the structures underneath. If your fat deficient you don't want to go deep. Basically you don't want to go to superficial epidermis and you don't want to go to deep sub/q fat. So there is no "set" setting. I would have them stay in .75mm, or 1mm to 2mm, sometimes I go deeper depends on location. Intracel is much stronger than Infini so you don't want to overcompensate with to high a setting (depth mm), for fibrotic scar spring feedback like Infini. It's really all dependent on your scars and the DR evaluating the fat and structures.

I am sure other posters will say something different but I have experience with this machine and Infini (Using them 😉 Do not go with the misguided thinking of maxing out settings and no pain no gain. See how you do with your first treatment and thus go from there with further treatments, is the smartest method.

RobinFlor liked
MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/22/2017 12:52 pm

Okay, thanks 🙂 I will say this all to my doc, but I'm sure he's very experienced 🙂 Would you suggest subcision and fillers before doing Intracel or is then the risk that the Intracel destroys the filler and subcision again? :D

MemberMember
(@deirdre080690)

Posted : 11/22/2017 10:26 pm

Hi,

Sorry to jump into this topic. Currently my derm only has Intracel instead of Infini. So you're saying Intracel is better than Infini?
Thanks!

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/22/2017 10:41 pm

It's not better, but it's just as good in most cases.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/23/2017 2:46 pm

@Deirdre080690As Aila... said above. It's RF Microneedling. It is great. So is Secret, Vivance, Infini, Intracel, Intensif, ... I am sure I am missing one. The point is the tips are insulated, ask your doctor for this to protect the epidermis. Just like there are tons of lasers that do the same thing, it's the same with RF. I have seen good things from all of them (remember it's not the machine, but the doctor that make the machine better), does the DR know his settings, has he treated others with your condition, what are his after care instructions (ask before the procedure or booking, this tells a lot). Intracel is popular in Asia and Europe, possibly Canada, ... it never picked up in the USA . Where Infini is not big in some of these other countries. Infini was just marketed more like Fraxel that everyone knows.

MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 11/23/2017 9:07 pm

Based on these pictures what % of improvment could I expect approximately? :)

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/23/2017 10:05 pm

Hey there, try dermal roller... It can be very effective in treating acne scars but it is super important to get one that is clinically proven and safe. Every person is different so there is no magic timeline of when your scars will completely disappear. As with any skincare regimen you need to be consistent.

How to use

1. Cleanse your face or any area that needs treatment with warm water. Use a steam towel or a facial steamer which will open the pores and then apply normal skin toner to the skin.
  2. Use the dermaroller 2 times per week/10-15 minutes. When using the dermaroller, use a crisscross motion from top to bottom, from left to right and diagonally. Maximum of ten thousand pores could be easily created in 10 minutes. The absorption rate of 3000% of functional cosmetics is expected throughout the pores.
  3. After using the dermaroller apply vitamin e serum to help keep your skin moisturized.Apply it several times to calm your skin and to avoid skin irritation.
MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/23/2017 11:11 pm

@Tania Crowe do you perform this on your own face? Twice a week seems a bit excessive. I think most dermatologists would recommend a minimum of two weeks between sessions.

MemberMember
(@robinflor)

Posted : 12/09/2017 2:22 pm

@beautifulambition
Are the scars severe or could I get a great improvement?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/09/2017 3:00 pm

@RobinFlorI gave you a complete treatment plan above. Of course you can get improvement. It will take time, ... up to 3 years when you have time and $$$$ for treatment. I have seen scars much worse than you who have had success. I would not type out recommendations if I did not feel it could help your quality of life. You again need sub / filler, intracel, and peels.

BA

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/10/2017 1:58 pm

@thepwhisp hey, this guy also has similar scars :) check out beautifulambition's advice to him!!