Notifications
Clear all

Just+had+subcision+-+documenting+w/+photos!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2017 6:52 am

I am thinking a tca peel and filler with subcision would be better before your wedding.

IF you could find a cancellation and do it before the wedding I think it would help. Also a makeup pore filler like benefit professional will help blur for wedding makeup / photos.

Filler will not make the skin perfectly smooth, texture is always a issue, It will help a percentage. This is where a deep TCA peel could help.

I don't see microneedle helping quickly, you need to do it for a year, nor traditional subcision with your time constraints.

Overall texture is the hardest thing a acne scar suffer has to deal with, we will never have 100% smooth skin. , we can blur it some.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 02/27/2017 4:19 pm

@beautifulambition thank you for that, i will chat with my Dr about all these things once i go in. Ive always wanted to try deep peels but have been too scared of the risks and downtime! :(im still quite new at my job so its hard to get that sort of time off. Ps i used the porefessional primer, it did seem to help a bit, it was my first go though.. i still need to perfect it!

just a quick update, i was supposed to go in yesterday for my 3rd subcision but it was cancelled so im going in this Friday the 3rd of march. Will update later that day. I will be starting suctioning too. Im still a bit fuzzy on when to begin suctioning as everywhere else i read, people have been starting day 2 or 3 (if not straight away)

🙂 x

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/28/2017 3:27 am

Benefit Porefessional primer is great, I even use it without makeup for a blur effect of scars.

You'd be fine with deep peels, your doctor seems supper nice. TCA or Phenol as you are fair skinned. Yes they have down time, but nothing some makeup won't cover up the red after 7-10 days of peeling. You could do lighter TCA peels as well. Do it on a holiday weekend 4 days.

You heal quick, so you might be able to vacuum a day or two after. Some people will reopen their wounds if they suck on them before their healed.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/28/2017 5:15 am

Does the benefit primer also work on larger dents?

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 02/28/2017 6:55 am

14 hours ago, 91baby said:
@beautifulambition thank you for that, i will chat with my Dr about all these things once i go in. Ive always wanted to try deep peels but have been too scared of the risks and downtime! :(im still quite new at my job so its hard to get that sort of time off. Ps i used the porefessional primer, it did seem to help a bit, it was my first go though.. i still need to perfect it!

just a quick update, i was supposed to go in yesterday for my 3rd subcision but it was cancelled so im going in this Friday the 3rd of march. Will update later that day. I will be starting suctioning too. Im still a bit fuzzy on when to begin suctioning as everywhere else i read, people have been starting day 2 or 3 (if not straight away)

:) x

Try praying to god and promising something in return !

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/28/2017 7:05 am

2 hours ago, Noa27 said:

Does the benefit primer also work on larger dents?

Watch some youtube videos, I like that one and the NYX Pore Filler works for some, but the benefit is a different consistency and smoother, tiny bit of tint. It blurs, it does not fill the pore it softens their look, almost like a optical illusion. Some may be allergic to Silicone, do spot test, Sephora = free sample. You can dab it in a scar. They say to put it on last after your makeup on spots, to work better, try this out.

For guys you can wear it without other makeup, though I like the color correcting ability of concealer or foundation. It looks even better.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/02/2017 10:49 pm

Just had my third subcision. This time around was much quicker and less aggressive. Dr black said theres basically no tethering anymore and its just texture issues now (so hard to believe as the scars still seem the same, just softer) but her and the nurse said multiple times how much better it is since i first came in.. i still dont see it? Maybe its because they dont see me with makeup on and makeup really escentuates the scarring! But i want to be able to wear makeup on a flat surface of skin.. that is my goal anyway! Dr black said i might need one more slight subcision and 2 dermapen treatments and that should be that.. not getting my hopes up too high though!

I asked dr black about peels, she said she prefers dermapen over peels but now i really want to peel! She also said my scarring doesnt seem severe enough for fillers (can you believe it?) Like its nice to hear all these things but.... i feel like we're looking at completely different skin. Anyway, im going to do one more subcision in a couple of weeks coupled with dermapen. Then another dermapen treatment and then go from there! Ill see where my skin is at and then go into more depth about peels and possibly fillers :) one thing she did note is that the subcision has definitely caused a rebuild of collagen which is good to know. Its just nice to know even if you dont sew dramatic progress.. that something is still happening underneath everything!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/04/2017 5:43 am

I don't know that your skin will be "perfectly smooth" You would need dermabration or a major acid peel for surface texture (typically takes 3). This is the best for surface texture (boxcars / rolling). Filler lifts but does not give one perfect texture or even out texture.

Shadows accentuates scaring, makeup can if there are texture differences or it settles in.

If they don't do peels or dermabration (done by a facial plastic surgeon) , goto someone else who does. Lots of Med Spas and Drs. Sounds like she does not care about the texture issue and just wants to do microneedle and subcision. Texture is the hardest to treat, and biggest complaint with scar suffers wanting perfectly smooth skin but only getting a percentage of improvement. Take a look at the recent 35% TCA peel post a poster made. He had done fraxel, beallafill, subcsision, and microneedle, now TCA peels.

Scar procedures only produce a small percentage of improvement per one you do.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/05/2017 5:07 pm

On 04/03/2017 at 9:13 PM, beautifulambition said:

I don't know that your skin will be "perfectly smooth" You would need dermabration or a major acid peel for surface texture (typically takes 3). This is the best for surface texture (boxcars / rolling). Filler lifts but does not give one perfect texture or even out texture.

Shadows accentuates scaring, makeup can if there are texture differences or it settles in.

If they don't do peels or dermabration (done by a facial plastic surgeon) , goto someone else who does. Lots of Med Spas and Drs. Sounds like she does not care about the texture issue and just wants to do microneedle and subcision. Texture is the hardest to treat, and biggest complaint with scar suffers wanting perfectly smooth skin but only getting a percentage of improvement. Take a look at the recent 35% TCA peel post a poster made. He had done fraxel, beallafill, subcsision, and microneedle, now TCA peels.

Scar procedures only produce a small percentage of improvement per one you do.

well my dr seems to think the dermapen will take care of the texture issues? Is this not the case? She said one more light subcision and 2 dermapen treatments and i should be done (surely cannot be that simple) its hard to go to someone else when it took me so long to build the courage just to go to my current one!

i will have a look around though, im so scared of bad side effects caused by both the dermapen AND deep peels. My skin aside from the scarring is in good condition, i dont want to mess with the unscarred skin. So scary!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/06/2017 4:38 am

Try the remaining procedures, why not, just do not expect perfectly smooth skin. I might be wrong, but I have been down this road myself and dealt with many others having the same experience. Promises Promises. You can tell if your skin is perfectly smooth or not to know if that is possible after a few treatments. You know how you have healed so far to judge this.

No it's good you did goto someone, better that than nothing, scar repair is a journey. It's character building

Dermapen will do nothing side effects wise.

Dermabation with a diamond file by a facial plastic surgeon will do something, but yes there is bloody down time and it can be lengthy. They do this with face lifts and other accidents often.

Acid peels they can just peel your scarred area and avoid all other skin, again there is down time, ... but you heal so quickly. If you do not trust them have them do a test spot on a small area.

If you cannot be bothered, do nothing, healing can be difficult on some mentally.

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/06/2017 4:36 pm

This time around there has been no swelling or bruising just a tad tender under the skin (i was expecting this as the procedure was so quick and gentle this time) thought id throw up some pics. I put powder on to show them up as realisticly as possible (without powder in the morning my face looks basically level - its all a mirage though lol)

Snapchat-1628423539.jpg

Snapchat-161549704.jpg

im definitely with you on the peels @beautifulambition - its just so hard with work. Could you suggest the best way to go about it? Is it better to go with 1 or 2 really severe peels or lots of lighter peels? Would it be safe to say i could go back to work on monday if i had them done on the friday?

also to anyone else reading this thread, please tell me your experience with peels for texture issues! Especially in australia, good doctors, etc!

thanks xx

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2017 2:56 am

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. Now I see the issue.

You would be greatly helped with a textural treatment weather a TCA Acid Peel or a extreme Dermabration. I think you said no to laser so I won't go through that one. Dr. Lim in Brisbane AUS would most definitely use ablative Erbium on the spots. He would probably do a test spot to see how you heal too. The thing about laser is you can put makeup over it in a few days after, if you tell them you want this.

TCA Peels -The typical peeler takes 10 days to be peeled completely.The more you sleep the quicker you heal. One guy slept 12hrs for several days after his procedure and it shortened the peel duration down to 5 days. It makes the skin dry and a little bit leathery before it peels. You can slap on a bunch of vaseline, or occulsive cream to keep it less dry looking (moist). Makeup would be a issue for the first 4 or 5 days.

Your skin heals super quick you said so yo could be peeled quicker.

I don't know if your job allows you to work from home some days to do the peel or take some sick days. Hard to say you could do a lighter TCA peel, see how you heal up over the weekend, then bump it up the next time and repeat. A lighter peel will not give you the change you want but if it's the only change you have you will have to do a bunch. of them

I posted all the good AUS doctors in my below faq (signature) at the bottom.

Take a look at this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366754-advice-for-1st-tca-35-peel/#entry3553514

MemberMember
(@91baby)

Posted : 03/07/2017 4:27 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. Now I see the issue.

You would be greatly helped with a textural treatment weather a TCA Acid Peel or a extreme Dermabration. I think you said no to laser so I won't go through that one. Dr. Lim in Brisbane AUS would most definitely use ablative Erbium on the spots. He would probably do a test spot to see how you heal too. The thing about laser is you can put makeup over it in a few days after, if you tell them you want this.

TCA Peels -The typical peeler takes 10 days to be peeled completely.  The more you sleep the quicker you heal. One guy slept 12hrs for several days after his procedure and it shortened the peel duration down to 5 days. It makes the skin dry and a little bit leathery before it peels. You can slap on a bunch of vaseline, or occulsive cream to keep it less dry looking (moist). Makeup would be a issue for the first 4 or 5 days.

Your skin heals super quick you said so yo could be peeled quicker. 

I don't know if your job allows you to work from home some days to do  the peel or take some sick days. Hard to say you could do a lighter TCA peel, see how you heal up over the weekend, then bump it up the next time and repeat. A lighter peel will not give you the change you want but if it's the only change you have you will have to do a bunch. of them

I posted all the good AUS doctors in my below faq (signature) at the bottom.

Take a look at this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/366754-advice-for-1st-tca-35-peel/#entry3553514

so you think they would be shallow enough for a deep peel to help a good percentage? Im so, soooo against lasers. I can just not deal with the horror stories and it just seems logical that it would dry/age/sag skin.. i just feel ive heard more unsuccessful than successful stories when it comes to people with my type of scarring using lasers. I'd rather go down a longer, safer, cheaper route than a risky, quick, expensive one.

i cannot work from home unfortunately and makeup is a must for me so it is tricky!! But i will look into it further and definitely discuss this with my doctor too.

Thank you, that is so helpful! I will take a look :) i forgot to mention im suctioning also, although i dont think its really necessary/making a difference! 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2017 6:47 am

Yes look at that above link, I think the peels would help you, it will soften the skin and take a few. You could even do this at home if you dared and do one cheek and then the other (at least one good cheek at a time 😉 IF you could take a sick day or two I think you could get the 4 days (Ie. Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/15/2017 1:44 pm

How look now scars babyy??

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 03/18/2017 5:26 am

If you are worried about Tca peels then please don't be. I have sensitive skin which gets irritated by most things but i am currently doing 24% tca peels without problems. I have to do sections at a time though as i can't get the time off work but i manage to cover most areas by having my hair down.

The leathery look isn't great but it doesn't last long. Im usualy peeled within a week and no redness once iv peeled. Hope this helps. By the way i would say that there is an improvement especially on your left side.

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/20/2017 11:20 am

On 3/18/2017 at 11:26 AM, clareabella said:

If you are worried about Tca peels then please don't be. I have sensitive skin which gets irritated by most things but i am currently doing 24% tca peels without problems. I have to do sections at a time though as i can't get the time off work but i manage to cover most areas by having my hair down.

The leathery look isn't great but it doesn't last long. Im usualy peeled within a week and no redness once iv peeled. Hope this helps. By the way i would say that there is an improvement especially on your left side.

Do you have any improvement from TCA ??

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 03/21/2017 12:12 am

12 hours ago, Albaneso said:
On 18/03/2017 at 10:26 AM, clareabella said:

Do you have any improvement from TCA ??

I would say i have slight texture improvement in some areas. For me i have textural issues rather than actual scars. My skin has only had one peel all over so far. The improvement is only slight say 10 to 15 % difference in the best ares and about 5 to 10% in others.

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/21/2017 5:34 am

5 hours ago, clareabella said:
I would say i have slight texture improvement in some areas. For me i have textural issues rather than actual scars. My skin has only had one peel all over so far. The improvement is only slight say 10 to 15 % difference in the best ares and about 5 to 10% in others.

Do you want to do another TCA??

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 03/21/2017 11:09 am

5 hours ago, Albaneso said:
10 hours ago, clareabella said:

Do you want to do another TCA??

Yes definatley although im going abroad in may so i wont be doing anymore until i get back. Also just ordered the derminator so i want to have a play with that first.

Yola4 and Albaneso liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/21/2017 1:03 pm

1 hour ago, clareabella said:
Yes definatley although im going abroad in may so i wont be doing anymore until i get back. Also just ordered the derminator so i want to have a play with that first.

do you have tried derminator?? Work it??

srry for my english:(

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 03/21/2017 1:29 pm

25 minutes ago, Albaneso said:

I havn't tried that yet. Just waiting for it to be delivered :)

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/21/2017 1:52 pm

2 hours ago, clareabella said:
24 minutes ago, clareabella said:
49 minutes ago, Albaneso said:

I havn't tried that yet. Just waiting for it to be delivered :)

I hope this treatment with derminator will help you :). 

pls message me or write here for any improvement to you from derminator because I want to buy a derminator.

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 03/22/2017 7:43 pm

@91babyI agree w/beautifulambition. He offered you the best solutions to your texture issues. TCA peels would definitely be beneficial. And, buy the Derminator. It's cheap and has been my favorite at home beauty gadget to date- and I'm a gadget junkie. It will help with textural issues, but as with most treatments it takes time to see optimal results.
I know it's hard for you to see it...but you're so much more than your scars. Just from reading this thread I can tell that you're a very kind, appreciative and sympathetic person. Don't let a few flaws ruin your self-perception. I made that mistake and lost out on the majority of my 20's...this should be the best time of your life. Keep going after your skin goals, and doing treatments but don't let it be your sole purpose. I use to tell myself...."Once my skin is clear I'll go back to school," or "When my face looks better I'll start dating again." Again...wasted time.
All I'm saying is don't be too hard on yourself. I know it's hard in today's beauty driven society and we are our own worst enemies, but learning to love ourselves is sometimes harder than loving others. Plus, we are far less judgemental of other peoples flaws than we are of our own. I hope you had good results with your last subcision combined with suctioning. Did the suctioning help? I hope you continue to keep this thread updated.

Btw, how'd your friends wedding go?!?!

MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 03/23/2017 8:10 am

12 hours ago, Yola4 said:
@91baby I agree w/beautifulambition. He offered you the best solutions to your texture issues. TCA peels would definitely be beneficial. And, buy the Derminator. It's cheap and has been my favorite at home beauty gadget to date- and I'm a gadget junkie. It will help with textural issues, but as with most treatments it takes time to see optimal results. 
I know it's hard for you to see it...but you're so much more than your scars. Just from reading this thread I can tell that you're a very kind, appreciative and sympathetic person. Don't let a few flaws ruin your self-perception. I made that mistake and lost out on the majority of my 20's...this should be the best time of your life. Keep going after your skin goals, and doing treatments but don't let it be your sole purpose. I use to tell myself...."Once my skin is clear I'll go back to school," or "When my face looks better I'll start dating again." Again...wasted time.
All I'm saying is don't be too hard on yourself. I know it's hard in today's beauty driven society and we are our own worst enemies, but learning to love ourselves is sometimes harder than loving others. Plus, we are far less judgemental of other peoples flaws than we are of our own. I hope you had good results with your last subcision combined with suctioning. Did the suctioning help? I hope you continue to keep this thread updated.

Btw, how'd your friends wedding go?!?! 

Hi yola, you use derminator I want ask you is derminator helpful for white scars on shoulder from acne.?? And in face how much improve scars ??

srry for my eng :(