Notifications
Clear all

Daily 30 Minute Massages On Face Eradicates Scars?

MemberMember
(@hopesprings)

Posted : 06/05/2013 5:58 pm

Hi Aqua.

When I saw this thread a few days ago and read it, I thought at first that it was a ridiculous idea. It couldn't possibly be so easy. Then I thought "what have I got to lose"? So, I've been doing it every day for the past 4 days and I don't want to jinx it but it seems to be working!!!! BTW, I'm not using oil, I'm doing it with water!

Will continue to update here.[Edited image out]

AghhNe, don't do it if you still have acne!!! Wait for your face to clear.

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/05/2013 7:43 pm

Hi JJohn117,

Great to hear you're eating more greens & drinking the juices!!! [Edited image out]And it's terrific to hear you're not taking the toxic oral acne medication but VITAMINS/ MINERALS!!! GREAT & WISE LONG-TERM CHOICE!!!..However, I don't advocate eating meat or dairy at all, but if you choose to eat meat, make sure you eat it rarely, it's 100% quality organic, sourced from a "humane" operator, and is grass feed or wild (like wild salmon)...and try to poach, boil or roast it (rather than fry it)....however, meat is rather a toxic substance, especially deli cold meats (they contain cancer causing agents, sulphites and other nasties). And dairy is an absolute NO for acne prone skin...stay away from it...

As for green tea, yes it's filled with antioxidants, but it also leeches vitamins and minerals from your body like regular tea...also, some teas absorb pesticides and other contaminants from the soil and are highly toxic...I personally don't recommend tea only tisanes (i.e. herbal organics like peppermint, chamomile, rosehip, dandelion etc)...IMHO, 100% organic green tea/ white tea might be okay once in a while if your skin has fully healed, but not when it needs all the vitamins and minerals it can get to repair itself...also, dandelion tisane is a far better option...it detoxes the body, it's anti-cancer and very healing...thus I would recommend at the very least not to drink any tea while your doing the facial massages for maximum healing...

And yes, if you plan to be out in the sun, you MUST wear a hat (NB I don't support sunscreen...it actually causes cancer)....and sit in the shade/ under an umbrella and PLEASE don't get burned. Retin A will make your skin very sensitive to the sun...it will burn in record time...maybe you can try using Retin A once every 4 or 5 days during summer (even once a week) so your skin is not as sensitive?

Thus, you can't attempt getting a tan on your face AT ALL if you're using Retin A there...you could seriously burn/ damage your face...just wear a very wide brimmed hat, stay in the shade, and only allow your body to have some sun for 20 minutes (just make sure you don't burn)...however, you can expose your face to a little sun, i.e. 5 -10 minutes daily....vitamin D is helpful...just make sure you don't burn and it's not high noon...

If you have to go for a swim, wear a hat or only go early morning or late afternoon i.e. before 10.30am or after 3pm ....your face should not be exposed to the sun between 11 am and 2pm. Please stay in the shade during the hottest times of the day...

However, on days you know you'll be outdoors exposed to the sunlight for a long time, stop using the retin A for at least 4 or 5 days and wear a very good non-toxic sunscreen & hat (and just wash off the sunscreen thoroughly when you get home)....however, it's best to avoid the summer sun on your face while your using Retin A...

Cheers [Edited image out]

Good luck AghhNe with the scar revision treatment!!! [Edited image out]

And yes, I don't advocate Retin A for adolescence...concentrate on rectifying your diet to help your skin & 30 min daily massages until your skin repairs...just wait until your skin FULLY heals from the operation before massaging...you don't want to reopen the wounds etc...

All the best [Edited image out]

Hopesprings that's wonderful news !!! [Edited image out]

So pleased to hear you're seeing signs of improvement already....please do update us regularly... that would be so helpful...

As for using water + massages, well, if it works for you, stick with it! Just make sure you're not stretching your delicate under eye skin or causing wrinkles (tip: apply pure vitamin e on your delicate under-eye area nightly) ...otherwise, I don't see why water wouldn't be a good option...maybe you should try it with quality spring water instead of toxic tap water...(maybe organic quality rose water would be good?)...in any case, if the water is working, stick with it...but if you're skin starts to look dehydrated, please consider using rosehip oil (or another organic natural oil) and wash it off with salt water at the end of the massage session...

Thanx for your input!!!

MemberMember
(@adrianfe12)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:31 pm

Hi there aquasea. How long do the results lasts, which is the improvement of your acne scars, after you stop massaging it indefenitly.

MemberMember
(@hopesprings)

Posted : 06/05/2013 9:42 pm

On 6/6/2013 at 9:58 AM, AghhNe said:
On 6/6/2013 at 6:58 AM, Hopesprings said:

Hi Aqua.

When I saw this thread a few days ago and read it, I thought at first that it was a ridiculous idea. It couldn't possibly be so easy. Then I thought "what have I got to lose"? So, I've been doing it every day for the past 4 days and I don't want to jinx it but it seems to be working!!!! BTW, I'm not using oil, I'm doing it with water!

Will continue to update here.[Edited image out]

AghhNe, don't do it if you still have acne!!! Wait for your face to clear.

Yea but the problem is i am a teenager and im losing hope that my acne will go away while i am a teenager. I used to eat very unhealthy foods like VERY and i didnt break out. It was just last year when i was 15 then i turned 16 it all changed. I now eat healthier.

My parents and my brothers got rid of their acne when they turned 20ish so im pretty sure im gonna grow out of it when im 20. I dont wanna wait that long though. [Edited image out]im starting to believe tou cant do anything to your acne when your a teen. This sucks.

Not true. I can only wish there were so many cures and means to get rid of acne when I was a teenager as there are now. Don't despair.[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@willg)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:12 am

Hi aquasea,

Thanks for the updates and details in this thread.

Do you have any before/after pictures? "80% improvement" means different things to different people, so it's hard to understand without seeing pictures.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:05 pm

Hi Adriandfe12 [Edited image out]

Please read my previous posts for details re types of scars improved...and as far as I can see, they are permanent improvements...however, for the "lifting" effect, I understand that massages will need to be maintained, but perhaps every other month thereafter etc...

Hi Willg [Edited image out}

No, I don't have before and after photos, and I won't upload my personal pictures on the web in public forums...[privacy issues]

This is my experience & subjective evaluation (and I've read elsewhere that others have benefited from massages too)...I post this info as a non-invasive treatment for others to benefit from too...you can try it for yourself or not....

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 06/09/2013 4:57 pm

Hi Aquasea. I've kind of been following your posts a little bit and am really encouraged from what I have heard from your results. I am a 19 year old college student with basically 0 money whatsoever, so a facial massage that I can administer myself seems like a much more realistic option (in terms of cost) to help me get rid of my scarring.

I have a decent amount of scarring on my face that looks fine until I get in the wrong light and then its awful :/

All of my scars that I want to get rid of are indented boxcar scars

Also, I'm currently on the 2nd month of my 2nd round of accutane, so acne is basically cleared up again and I'm really looking to improve these scars as much as possible over the summer.

Basically, what would you recommend I do, and do you think massage could potentially help my kind of scarring out at all?

You have a ton of information that you've posted and I'm kind of overwhelmed by trying to sift through it all xD

MemberMember
(@adrianfe12)

Posted : 06/09/2013 6:29 pm

Hi Aquasea. I've kind of been following your posts a little bit and am really encouraged from what I have heard from your results. I am a 19 year old college student with basically 0 money whatsoever, so a facial massage that I can administer myself seems like a much more realistic option (in terms of cost) to help me get rid of my scarring.

I have a decent amount of scarring on my face that looks fine until I get in the wrong light and then its awful :/

All of my scars that I want to get rid of are indented boxcar scars

Also, I'm currently on the 2nd month of my 2nd round of accutane, so acne is basically cleared up again and I'm really looking to improve these scars as much as possible over the summer.

Basically, what would you recommend I do, and do you think massage could potentially help my kind of scarring out at all?

You have a ton of information that you've posted and I'm kind of overwhelmed by trying to sift through it all xD

Hi Semiwestern. I am also a 19 year old college student, heading into my junior year this fall. I also took Accutane, however, I stopped taking it in June of 2012. I highly reccommend for you to be free of accutane for at least 6 months before you start performing any treatments.

You can risks worsening your scars if you perform treatments right now.

Just wait like me. My acne was bad about a year and a half ago along with a persistent red face with patches of my natural skin tone (I hated that). However, when my acne cleared up about a year ago I wanted to have some time to enjoy my renewed face. Acne Scar treatments are not to be taken lightly, do your research, and more importantly have patience.

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 06/10/2013 5:15 am

Any updates aqua sea?

How is the massage going?

I am thinking about massaging my face with castor oil and jojoba oil .

I found a shop in greece that has EVERY oil!

Also i read about the edgar cayce scar removing method which is massaging the scar

with camhorated oil and alternating with olive oil and tincture of myrrh.They also saying something about adding

lanolin which makes total sense since some scarring might lack adipose tissue..Here is the link and it is pretty much

intereting cause it speaks about extensive scarring plus internal methods.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/prscar3.html

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/10/2013 8:51 pm

Hi Semiwestern [Edited image out]

Yes, massaging does work...and it will work for your boxcar scars as it has helped my surgical scars on my cheek which were way deeper than any boxcar scar (i.e. it was cut, had a mole removed and then stitched back-up). However, I did prick it and use skin needling too, which I'm sure hastened the results.

However, as Adrianfe12 pointed out, your skin is super fragile at the moment from the Accutane treatment...I must admit, I get a rather upset when young people are given this 'heavy duty treatment' by their "doctor". A major detox & good, healthy, nutritious, organic, mostly raw vegan food (especially lots of fruit/ veg/ nuts/ kale/ green lettuce/ orange fruit & vegs/ berries/ seeds/ superfoods like chia seeds, quinoa, chlorella, spirulina, barley grass (no junk, only spring water/ fresh fruit/ veg juice daily + natural topicals like tea tree oil [all over face] and lavender oil [for individual spots only])and good vitamins would have been the better long-term option. So, now you need to concentrate on detoxing + strengthening your body. It would be wise to wait. However, in a month or two, you could test the massaging on ONE scar only (please don't massage your entire face or you could make it worse).PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANYTHING AND RESEARCH THOROUGHLY.

Also, this seems to be an excellent, cost-effective, non-invasive, natural way of helping [boxcar] scars dramatically:

• http://shop.owndoc.com/product-list.php?owndoc-dermarollers-pg1-cid59.html

Please look into these items at a later stage and talk to your doctor about using them & when you can safely try them i.e.3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc. You can also contact the retailer of these items for more info. They also have a forum where you can discuss using their items here: http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scars

And take heart, your scars will heal...but not on their own...as long as you are actively remodeling your skin using safe but effective treatments, your skin will heal [Edited image out]

All the best [Edited image out]

Hi Panos [Edited image out]

I will make a report on my skin in another week or so (i.e. about the 21 June)...nothing major to report as yet...I'm more critical of my skin now as I'm expecting 100% improvement...

And great news you found an EXCELLENT oil shop in Greece !!! [Edited image out]I'm sure it's ALL organic too [Edited image out]

Re Castor oil, I heard it's great for regrowing hair...not sure about the skin...just research it and maybe do a small patch test...but you are very knowledgeable in this stuff, please let me know how it goes...

Yes, that Edgar Cayce treatment protocol looks interesting....I'd like to look into using Myrrh...also, maybe sandalwood or Frankincense would be good too...

Btw, I think I'm going to buy the skin pricking items from owndoc.com ...looks better/ safer than my safety pin, lol!....

Have a lovely day [Edited image out]

iamlenlen and panos liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/10/2013 11:47 pm

PS I'm experimenting with skin pricking/ needling and then applying fresh lemon juice to my skin for vitamin c in order to increase collagen, brighten my skin, tighten my skin/ pores (yes, it does sting a little)...I then apply the rosehip oil after 30 minutes....so far it's going okay...will let you know if I see any results...also the retin A is still a bit of a 'hit or miss' with my post burn skin...my skin use to love this stuff before getting the burns...not sure about using it except maybe once a week, and maybe for a few hours only...

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:10 pm

PPS I'm no expert in Accutane, I personally have never considered taking it myself (as I was worried about longterm health effects), but this thread might offer people that have taken it some good advice, support or suggestions

NB I read on this forum that any foods with Vitamin A should be avoided by people that have taken Accutane until a person has detoxed from the Accutane stored in their liver...they also must avoid certain other foods....please research this forum/ thread for more information as I really don't know a whole lot about accutane & it's best healing/ detoxing practices for it...

However, I can say that Benzoyl Peroxide [bP] is just as nasty as Accutane long-term... at least externally.... PLEASE AVOID BP!!!....BP can cause cancer and is highly carcinogenic...please look at eating super healthy [i.e. mostly raw vegan organic, wholefoods, superfoods that are nutrient packed] and using natural safe topicals to heal acne/ scarring; and also, live a healthy lifestyle, gently exercise daily and actively use positive psychology/ thinking techniques; place positive affirmations where you study or work & repeat them out loud; and research new & effective wellness enhancing practices.

Thankfully, we can help reverse any damage caused by using these toxic substances if we lead a healthy, natural, wellness centered life...

PPPS I've been researching the ancient Chinese practice of "cupping" as a way to deep tissue massage...it might be similar to the science behind the hand pump/ suction gadget from owndoc.com...thinking of using it at a later stage...

Here are some links:
http://massagecupping.com/product-page/
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27735&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

PPPPS Re my current treatment protocol: I still love the rosehip oil, but I've noticed I now get a few spots from it (not too bad though)...however, it really helps condition my overall skin texture so I'm stickng with it...I might get some lavender oil to place directly on the few spots as this has helped me in the past and I've run out of it...

Also, at this stage, I'm loving the fresh lemon juice...I've skin needled, then place fresh lemon juice on my skin and wait 15 minutes before adding the rosehip oil and then I massage 30 minutes...I like this new protocol as the lemon juice's vitamin c stimulates collagen & it's a BHA which helps refine & tighten the skin (which I need as the Retin A is out of bounds to me for a while)....fresh lemon juice also helps calm redness, alkalizes or re-balances the skin's PH level, makes it glow/ (hydrated?) and erases fine lines, especially under your eyes...it also brightens the skin...I'm close to recommending it to others...will give it another 5 days to recommend it, but so far so good..but you can try it yourself of course before then...but perhaps do a patch test first over 24hrs if you have sensitive skin...

So, now I'm:

• Skin needling every 2 or 3 days days
  • Adding fresh lemon juice to my skin (and straight after skin needling on days I needle); and then apply rosehip oil about 15 minutes after the fresh lemon juice
  • I massage my skin after adding the fresh lemon juice & rosehip oil for 30 minutes
  • I then gently exercise to help encourage growth hormones and general blood circulation i.e. I do 100 star jumps, some squats, various stretching exercise, various floor exercises, and sprint/ run on the spot for a minute...I find gentle daily exercise is key to helping the skin heal & looking your best...
  • Of course, eating natural, organic wholefood, healthy food/ drink is the cornerstone of good health...

NB I am seriously thinking of vacuum therapy/ cupping as my next 'massage/mesotherapy'...it's equivalent to deep (intense) tissue massage....sounds really good....

http://massagecuppin...upping-therapy/

It's said to help scarring....

"One of the most beneficial applications of vacuum therapy is for preparation and recovery from surgical procedures. Physicians are amazed at the speed and total recovery that their patients exhibit when ACE Vacutherapies are used to complement their surgical work. Patients with extreme burns and deep abdominal scars such as C-sections can now benefit from a comfortable therapy to loosen and soften rigid tissue, no matter how old the scar is. - See more at: http://massagecuppin...h.iflv9Wfu.dpuf "

MemberMember
(@adrianfe12)

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:48 pm

Hi Aquasea, How is Benzoyl Peroxide harmful to my skin health? Also where do you get your information from, I would like to research this more.

Also do you know if BP causes prolonged red marks on the face? I did used it about 2 and a half years ago for 3 years.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 12:19 am

Hi Adrianfe12 [Edited image out]

Yes, indeed, BP causes cancer, see: http://www.the-accidental-acne-treatment.com/benzoyl-peroxide.html

"This FDA ruling in 2010 also includes the following sentence:

'The tumor promotion studies demonstrate that Benzoyl Peroxide is a tumor promoter in the presence of a chemical initiator.'

References

1. Food and Drug Administration. Topical Acne Drug Products for Over the Counter Human Use. Federal Register 2010;75(42):9767-88.
  2. Food and Drug Administration. Topical Acne Drug Products for Over the Counter Human Use. Federal Register 1991;56(152):37622-37.
  3. Slaga TJ. Skin-Tumor Activity of Benzoyl Peroxide, A Widely Used Free Radical-Generating Compound. Science. 1981;213:1023-1025.
  4. Kurokawa. Y. Studies on the Promoting and Complete Carcinogenic Activities of Some Oxidizing Chemicals in Skin Carcinogenesis. Cancer Letters. 1984;24:200304. 1984.
  5. Environmental Working Group (2004). Exposures Add Up Survey Results. Available online http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/research/exposures/php. Accessed July, 2010.

Bassett, IB. A comparative study of tea-tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne. Med J Aust. 1990 Oct 15;153(8):455-8.

And it causes red skin/ skin damage too, just do a word search in PubMed and you'll see many medical studies confirming this and that "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent." Also, found this info from http://www.skintactix.com/benzoyl_peroxide_skin_damage.htm:

"In 1995 the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category I (safe) to a Category III (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated this action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice..." Additionally the FDA charged manufacturers of acne products and acne treatments with the responsibility of providing this information to consumers so they could make educated decisions. Many manufacturers and product marketers have not provided this information so consumers can be advised of the potential dangers of skin cancer. A more complete FDA statement is at the bottom of this page, for your reference....."

And it causes longterm redness too....my skin is testament to that!!!I have longterm redness that is bordering rosacea, and it was DIRECTLY caused by using BP longterm...BP is a HORRIBLE product that will damage your skin longterm (i.e. make it leathery, coarse, bumpy, mottled, pigmentated, red etc)....yes, it might superficially get rid of acne short-term, but long-term you will swap it for horrible textured skin...if I had known what severe damage BP would do to my skin longterm, I would have NEVER used it. BP IS THE WORST TREATMENT IF YOU WANT CLEAR HEALTHY SKIN LONG-TERM.

From http://www.bion-research.com/benzoyl_peroxide_skin_damage.htm:

Acne - Benzoyl Peroxide

[Edited image out]

Benzoyl Peroxide Cautions: Benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals in the skin. Its effect is similar to unprotected sun exposure. The redness of the skin (erythema), caused by sun exposure and benzoyl peroxide, are both the result of free radicals (oxidative stress) upon the skin. Repeated sun exposure or benzoyl peroxide use generates free radicals that damage the skin's structure and cellular DNA, resulting in premature aging of the skin. The extent of the damage and aging from benzoyl peroxide is determined by the concentration of benzoyl peroxide, the frequency of application and the duration of its use.

Because benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals it interferes with and slows the healing process. The red and brown marks that are a part of the acne healing process may last weeks longer when benzoyl peroxide is a regular part of the daily regimen.

Benzoyl peroxide has been linked to cancer for a number of years and many research journal entries state "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent." Performing a word search of the words "benzoyl peroxide cancer" in PubMed in the National Library of Medicine produces 102 articles from medical publications dealing with research aspects of benzoyl peroxide and cancer. About two-thirds of the research supports linkage between benzoyl peroxide and skin cancer.

"In 1995 the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category I (safe) to a Category III (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated this action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice..." Additionally, the FDA charged manufacturers with the responsibility of providing this information to consumers so they could make educated decisions. Many manufacturers and product marketers have not provided this information to skin care professionals so that consumers can be advised of the potential dangers. A more complete FDA statement is at the bottom of this page, for your reference.

Use of benzoyl peroxide to control acne may involve side effects and risks that should be considered in making decisions on acne treatment. BiON has given particular attention to providing effective treatment with no side effects and no benzoyl peroxide.

FDA / Benzoyl Peroxide Action: February 17, 1995
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) / Department of Health and Human Services
"Topical Drug Products Containing Benzoyl Peroxide: Required Labeling"
"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is proposing additional labeling (warning and directions) for all topically-applied acne treatment drug products containing benzoyl peroxide. The warning advises consumers to avoid unnecessary sun exposure and to use a sunscreen when using a benzoyl peroxide product to treat acne..."

"The agency classified benzoyl peroxide from its previous status Category I to Category III status. This action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice and a study that reported that benzoyl peroxide has tumor initiation potential."

"FDA evaluated these data and information and determined that the studies show that benzoyl peroxide is a skin tumor promoter in more than one strain of mice as well as in hamsters. To date, topical studies (which have shown only tumor promotion) have been of short duration (about 52 weeks). Although animal data and human epidemiology data are available, the agency has determined that further studies are necessary to adequately assess the tumorigenic potential of benzoyl peroxide. These studies are currently being conducted. The agency acknowledges that it may take several years for these studies to be completed and analyzed, and for the final determination to be made on benzoyl peroxide's safety."

NB: Please note that a recent study on skin cancer showed that Tea Tree essential oil stops skin cancer...also, there are many natural cancer cures (most cancer is caused by fungus - but the medical establishment won't tell you this - so make your body alkaline/ stay away from processed sugar and yeast infections... - see Dr Simoncini)....chemotherapy is a sham, 75% of doctors wouldn't have chemotherapy if they got cancer...the cancer INDUSTRY is a money making racket....see www.naturalnews.com...they also have placed cancers in VACCINES, so please stay away from BIG PHARMA & VACCINATIONS.....personally, I feel my acne was triggered by a measles vaccination when I was a child and it got worse because of my really bad typical western junk diet during my adolescence.

Some potent natural cancer cures:

• Sour sop fruit
  • Barley grass (see Dr Day)
  • Beta Glucan (3- D)
  • Hemp oil (and cannabis oil for brain cancer/ tumours)
  • Vitamin B17 (from apricot kernels, please research as this can be toxic if taken to excess)
  • Oxygenation/ oxygen therapy (cancer/ fungus hates oxygen)
  • Gerson Therapy
  • 100% pure, organic, natural, wholefood, nutrient dense, raw vegan diet & fresh vegan veg/ fruit juicing
  • Alkaline diet (antifungus/ antiyeast/ anticandida)
  • Tea tree oil for skin cancer
  • Baking soda/ Sodium Bicarbonate (see Dr Simoncini)
  • Dandelion leaf & flowers (as a herbal supplement or tisane)
  • Vitamin D from direct sunlight on exposed skin without sunscreen (just don't burn - also helps prevents MS, arthritis etc....)
  • Turmeric
  • Cilantro/ parsley and other raw herbs
  • Benoite clay and other drinking clays
  • Super greens like spirulina/ chlorella/ wheat grass/ barley grass/ dandelion greens/ kale/ brocoli/ raw cabbage
  • Lignans like flaxseed oil/ lentils/ beans
  • Stay away from all vaccinations, big pharma drugs, tap water, non-organic/ GMO foods/ soda drinks/ sports drinks/ energy drinks/ meats/ dairy/ flouride toothpaste/ toxic mouthwash (instead use a few drops of wild organic oregano essential oil in a glass of water - swish & then expel a few times); don't eat foods that encourage yeast infections/ fungus like processed sugar, pasta & unhealthy types of bread (flat vegan breads are okay on occasion); stay away from acidic body causing foods like processed meats/ dairy/ fried foods/ junk foods etc
  • Don't fry food or use microwave, instead eat it raw, boiled., poached, baked or gently heated in a toaster oven..
  • Get out into nature where there are lots of negative ions in the air and no electromagnetic fog i.e. go walking after a rainstorm, near a beach, near a waterfall, out in pristine nature...think of using a crystal salt lamp near your computer and where you sleep/ rest...use LED lamps not energy saving lamps (as they emit 1000% more radiation & mercury!)...or at least use regular lamps/ non energy saving lamps.....try and turn off all your WIFI/ electricity/ Mobile phones/ computer etc regularly...don't get a Smart Meter!!!
  • Stay away from toxic perfume/ aluminum & paraben laced deodorant (use crystal alum salt, tea tree oil or take 100% natural chlorophyll), toxic hair dyes/ toxic shampoos + conditioners/ toxic make-up/ toxic cleansers/ toxic moisturizers etc
  • Stay away from parabens, BPA, plastics etc....
  • Don't eat take away or fast food hot chips/ fries or bags of potato chips etc (these are really carcinogenic!!) - notice how they market the worst food to kids?...do you know why...IT'S PART OF A MASSIVE GLOBAL DEPOPULATION AGENDA!!! So, eat well, be well & feel well [Edited image out]

There are so many more natural cures, cancer is VERY treatable....For more info see [removed]

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 06/12/2013 2:01 am

On 6/12/2013 at 11:19 AM, aquasea said:

Yes, indeed, BP causes cancer, see: http://www.the-accidental-acne-treatment.com/benzoyl-peroxide.html

"This FDA ruling in 2010 also includes the following sentence:

'The tumor promotion studies demonstrate that Benzoyl Peroxide is a tumor promoter in the presence of a chemical initiator.'

References

1. Food and Drug Administration. Topical Acne Drug Products for Over the Counter Human Use. Federal Register 2010;75(42):9767-88.
  2. Food and Drug Administration. Topical Acne Drug Products for Over the Counter Human Use. Federal Register 1991;56(152):37622-37.
  3. Slaga TJ. Skin-Tumor Activity of Benzoyl Peroxide, A Widely Used Free Radical-Generating Compound. Science. 1981;213:1023-1025.
  4. Kurokawa. Y. Studies on the Promoting and Complete Carcinogenic Activities of Some Oxidizing Chemicals in Skin Carcinogenesis. Cancer Letters. 1984;24:200304. 1984.
  5. Environmental Working Group (2004). Exposures Add Up Survey Results. Available online http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/research/exposures/php. Accessed July, 2010.

Bassett, IB. A comparative study of tea-tree oil versus benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of acne. Med J Aust. 1990 Oct 15;153(8):455-8.

And it causes red skin/ skin damage too, just do a word search in PubMed and you'll see many medical studies confirming this and that "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent." Also, found this info from http://www.skintactix.com/benzoyl_peroxide_skin_damage.htm:

"In 1995 the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category I (safe) to a Category III (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated this action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice..." Additionally the FDA charged manufacturers of acne products and acne treatments with the responsibility of providing this information to consumers so they could make educated decisions. Many manufacturers and product marketers have not provided this information so consumers can be advised of the potential dangers of skin cancer. A more complete FDA statement is at the bottom of this page, for your reference....."

And it causes longterm redness too....my skin is testament to that!!!I have longterm redness that is bordering rosacea, and it was DIRECTLY caused by using BP longterm...BP is a HORRIBLE product that will damage your skin longterm (i.e. make it leathery, coarse, bumpy, mottled, pigmentated, red etc)....yes, it might superficially get rid of acne short-term, but long-term you will swap it for horrible textured skin...if I had known what severe damage BP would do to my skin longterm, I would have NEVER used it. BP IS A THE WORST TREATMENT IF YOU WANT CLEAR HEALTHY SKIN LONG-TERM.

From http://www.bion-research.com/benzoyl_peroxide_skin_damage.htm:

Acne - Benzoyl Peroxide

[Edited image out]

Benzoyl Peroxide Cautions: Benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals in the skin. Its effect is similar to unprotected sun exposure. The redness of the skin (erythema), caused by sun exposure and benzoyl peroxide, are both the result of free radicals (oxidative stress) upon the skin. Repeated sun exposure or benzoyl peroxide use generates free radicals that damage the skin's structure and cellular DNA, resulting in premature aging of the skin. The extent of the damage and aging from benzoyl peroxide is determined by the concentration of benzoyl peroxide, the frequency of application and the duration of its use.

Because benzoyl peroxide generates free radicals it interferes with and slows the healing process. The red and brown marks that are a part of the acne healing process may last weeks longer when benzoyl peroxide is a regular part of the daily regimen.

Benzoyl peroxide has been linked to cancer for a number of years and many research journal entries state "benzoyl peroxide is a free radical-generating skin tumor promoting agent." Performing a word search of the words "benzoyl peroxide cancer" in PubMed in the National Library of Medicine produces 102 articles from medical publications dealing with research aspects of benzoyl peroxide and cancer. About two-thirds of the research supports linkage between benzoyl peroxide and skin cancer.

"In 1995 the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category I (safe) to a Category III (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated this action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice..." Additionally, the FDA charged manufacturers with the responsibility of providing this information to consumers so they could make educated decisions. Many manufacturers and product marketers have not provided this information to skin care professionals so that consumers can be advised of the potential dangers. A more complete FDA statement is at the bottom of this page, for your reference.

Use of benzoyl peroxide to control acne may involve side effects and risks that should be considered in making decisions on acne treatment. BiON has given particular attention to providing effective treatment with no side effects and no benzoyl peroxide.

FDA / Benzoyl Peroxide Action: February 17, 1995
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) / Department of Health and Human Services
"Topical Drug Products Containing Benzoyl Peroxide: Required Labeling"
"The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is proposing additional labeling (warning and directions) for all topically-applied acne treatment drug products containing benzoyl peroxide. The warning advises consumers to avoid unnecessary sun exposure and to use a sunscreen when using a benzoyl peroxide product to treat acne..."

"The agency classified benzoyl peroxide from its previous status Category I to Category III status. This action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice and a study that reported that benzoyl peroxide has tumor initiation potential."

"FDA evaluated these data and information and determined that the studies show that benzoyl peroxide is a skin tumor promoter in more than one strain of mice as well as in hamsters. To date, topical studies (which have shown only tumor promotion) have been of short duration (about 52 weeks). Although animal data and human epidemiology data are available, the agency has determined that further studies are necessary to adequately assess the tumorigenic potential of benzoyl peroxide. These studies are currently being conducted. The agency acknowledges that it may take several years for these studies to be completed and analyzed, and for the final determination to be made on benzoyl peroxide's safety."

NB: Please note that a recent study on skin cancer showed that Tea Tree essential oil stops skin cancer...also, there are many natural cancer cures (most cancer is caused by fungus - but the medical establishment won't tell you this - so make your body alkaline/ stay away from processed sugar and yeast infections... - see Dr Simoncini)....chemotherapy is a sham, 75% of doctors wouldn't have chemotherapy if they got cancer...the cancer INDUSTRY is a money making racket....see www.naturalnews.com...they also have placed cancers in VACCINES, so please stay away from BIG PHARMA & VACCINATIONS.....personally, I feel my acne was triggered by a measles vaccination when I was a child and it got worse because of my really bad typical western junk diet during my aolescence.

Some potent natural cancer cures:

• Sour sop fruit
  • Barley grass (see Dr Day)
  • Hemp oil (and cannabis oil for brain cancer/ tumours)
  • Vitamin B17 (from apricot kernels, please research as this can be toxic if taken to excess)
  • Oxygenation/ oxygen therapy (cancer/ fungas hates oxygen)
  • Gerson Therapy
  • 100% pure, organic, natural, wholefood, nutrient dense, raw vegan diet & fresh vegan veg/ fruit juicing
  • Alkaline diet (antifungus/ antiyeast)
  • Tea tree oil for skin cancer
  • Baking soda/ Sodium Bicarbonate (see Dr Simoncini)
  • Dandelion leaf & flowers (as a herbal supplement or tisane)

There are so many more natural cures, cancer is VERY treatable....For more info see www.thewellnesswarrior.com

Hey,

Not to totally derail on your success, but I feel like you're making a lot of bold claims with little backing up and may be spreading some harmful information (not meaning to be rude!). Firstly, I would strongly suggest against using lemon juice: read here for more information.

I'm really scared by the way you say that cancer is caused by vaccinations too?? Do you have any idea how many people have died or gotten sick from not getting vaccinated just because they fear it causes cancer/autism/whatever?

Citation for the 75% refusal of chemotherapy claim would be nice, too - through googling I found a couple from the same study with a sample size of 130. That's really not statistically valid.

As far as BP goes...that's also really debatable. I am allergic to it personally so I don't use it. However, everyone in my severely acne-prone family uses it and it is the only treatment that has saved their skin. My mother's skin looks amazing - she's complimented on it all the time, and she's in her 50s...and she's used BP for many, many years with proper sun protection. Please read here regarding cancer (same study at the bottom - interpreted differently I believe).

You said earlier regarding Retin A.:

"Only use it if you have significant scarring and bad skin texture/ major orange peel skin. And then only for a short time i.e. 6 to 12 months, then switch to safe & effective 100% organic rosehip oil longterm"

That's really surprising to me. It's my understanding that rosehip oil work due to its containing retinoic acid - in a much, much lower concentration than prescription Retin-A. Read here from realself regarding Retin-A vs. rosehip oil. Many people who start up Retin-A use it for life - not just to repair damaged skin, but to prevent it. I would be interested to read any studies that suggest it being bad long-term (again, you need proper sun protection though!).

Earlier you mention the importance of diet - I am going to assume in response to preventing acne rather than helping scarring (because I fail to see how scars could even possibly improve themselves just because you eat better). Firstly, linking diet and acne is, as you know, controversial. But...no meat and vinegar? Some people report adding these to their diet helped their acne (not necessarily true of course). This is kind of a moot point because there's so much conflicting info though...but for me personally, I tried a "water only, super super healthy diet" acne regimen for a while and it didn't do anything for me. To have someone tell you you're breaking out because you're not eating healthy enough is...frustrating to say the least, especially when your friends eat McDonalds daily.

You ended one of your posts with:

"But, now we know, and now we can heal...and hopefully, people will start to wake-up to the truth, stop living in denial, and start eating well, gently detoxing and using natural health remedies. "

If you want to truly help people, it would be nice to provide picture proof of your scar improvement. 80 out of 100 is a huge deal - and if this really works (despite a few studies I found suggesting oil massages don't truly work) then you could help a lot of people!! You said you can't post pictures due to privacy issues - can't you cover your eyes or edit your picture to just be skin? No one would know who you are from that.

Quite honestly, I was really interested and intrigued when I first saw this topic as I do have some light scarring. Dermarolling is something I know works and I will try - but a massage sounds a lot safer upon first glance. But a lot of what you're saying sounds like...;pseudo-science at best. It is incredibly easy to back up claims with links to websites that cite "studies" that show such and such, when said study may not be valid and could really be set up to sell a product. And then to discount valid studies by saying "don't trust the FDA, pharmaceutical companies, etc." I know that sounds rude, but I am really frustrated at all the years I and those I know went through of trying "natural" remedies that don't do a thing. I really don't intend to sound aggressive, again...

MemberMember
(@redxmoney)

Posted : 06/12/2013 2:52 am

Hey, aquasea!

Would you recommend massaging the face if I currently have active acne? I have a lot of scars on the sides/cheeks of my face and really want to get rid of them, but I keep getting acne!

Right now, I'm currently on prescribed Tretinoin (also known as Retin-A) and BP, although I refuse to use the BP since I think that's what caused my scars in the first place after 3yrs of using it. I saw that you recommended the Rosehip oil quite a few times but I heard it's not wise to use it on your face if you have active acne.

I'm 17 years old too and I don't want to have all this acne/scars on my face during college. My dermatologist tells me to not worry about the scars till later but all he has done for the past 4yrs is recommend me these products which don't seem to help long-term.

Sorry for bothering you with the questions, I'm just looking for help.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 7:38 am

Hi AMcguill [Edited image out]

I understand if you're new to this information, but the facts are:

These links are just the tip of iceberg...

Re Retin A ; yes, some people love it - some people don't (just look at other forums)....NB I read that one person got really sick and needed a walking cane after using Retin A...research it....but they had a weak liver...so, yes, Retin A can be used but a safe & natural alternative is always best longterm...

Re: BP & your comment re your mother - "My mother's skin looks amazing - she's complimented on it all the time, and she's in her 50s...and she's used BP for many, many years with proper sun protection"....well, if that's true, she's a rarity and contradicts most studies & my own experience...

Re: meat, it's a known carcinogen...i.e. if not eaten straight away (as soon as the animal has passed away), it turns rotten - grey - butchers add a toxic gas, dyes to make it look fresh; and industrial farms use antibiotics, vaccines, etc and animals are contaminated with heavy metals, arsenic, GMO, disease etc...plus animals suffer, are tortured, so it's totally unethical to eat meat, especially when we don't need it, & are healthier without it, also our bodies aren't designed to eat meat....

And lastly, I have nothing to prove, nothing to sell, only to share...you can try it for yourself or not....and I trialed this massage method without seeing pics, not sure what all the fuss is about...

PS Most BIG PHARMA products are based on pseudo-sciencePPS LEMONS ROCK!!! At least for me [Edited image out]PPS If you want clear skin & good health long-term, don't eat junk food and McCrapalds....PPPS Vinegars can lead to a more un-balanced PH level/ acidic body = disease/ acne etc...however, organic 100% apple cider vinegar can be useful for people as a potent anti-fungal treatment, thus if people see their body responds well to it, use it! If they report getting acne etc after ingesting it, STOP! Fresh lemon juice is a better alternative if you notice you get acne after ingesting vinegars/ applying it to the body...however, 100% pure organic apple cider vinegar is a good douche treatment for fungal infections around the genitalia of women, as this particular area of the body needs to be a little acidic to be healthy...

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 8:28 am

Hi Redxmoney [Edited image out]

Re your questions, IMHO:

Good thing you've stopped using BP!!! I'm sure most of my scarring & redness is a result of using it long-term...and so I completely understand your urgency...however, please be patient and correct your acne issue first...

Basically, I think you should resolve your acne first before massaging or you could spread the acne infection...

And no, I don't recommend rosehip oil if you have active acne...however, once you have your acne under control, you could try the rosehip oil massage, then wash your face with sea salt + water afterwards...or you could test another oil or just use water...I'm merely offering suggestions re what is working (or not working) for me....you are totally free to change/ amend the treatment to cater to your skin needs....I'm also in the testing phase of this treatment ....

And re your acne...there is no silver bullet...you need to take a safe, natural, holistic approach for clear healthy skin & long-term health ...please try eating really healthy & very nutritious foods (and healthy can be very delicious + filling!!)....also, try placing 100% organic lavender oil directly on your spots (not all over your face - too strong & drying)...they should disappear fast...also, try washing you face twice-a-day with sea salt and water...if you need extra help, try 100% organic tea tree all over your skin...(however, test a patch over 24 hours, as some people are allergic to it)....but really, these topicals will not work at all unless you are eating clean healthy foods & drinking spring water/ fresh veg/ fruit juices daily....gentle daily exercise is also vital...

Lastly, a lot of people are reporting success with fresh lemon juice with clearing acne, scarring & skin damage....I have been testing this briefly and so far I've noticed my skin is looking better...however, please do a test patch over 24 hours as some people don't react well to it....in my case, I see it's helping my skin texture/ scarring...you could trial it...it might help you too...just do a small patch test before you trial it all over your skin....

Hope this info helps...and keep searching safe, healthy natural treatments until you find success....and YOU WILL!!! [Edited image out]

PS Drinking spring water with fresh lemon juice first thing in the morning detoxes your body, alkalizes your body and helps give you clear skin!!! Test drinking it first thing EVERY morning for a week :) NB Preferably through a non toxic paper straw so your tooth enamel is not affected....

MemberMember
(@adrianfe12)

Posted : 06/12/2013 11:21 am

Interesting Dialogue going on in this forum.

About two days ago I have postponed my massaging treatments on my rolling scars because of my dry skin. I don't want to abrade my skin with my dry skin particles all over my face. Right now I'm using Cerave facial Moisturizing Lotion with Ceramides. That should really help my dry skin. If I would rate my massaging treatments on my rolling scars I would say about 50% improvement. However, I would say that my rolling scars are slightly more pronounced since I stopped massaging.

@AMcguil I quoted you here, "My mother's skin looks amazing - she's complimented on it all the time, and she's in her 50s...and she's used BP for many, many years with proper sun protection." You should probably tell her what concentration of BP she used and, more importantly, her frequency in daily applications. She could have used BP as a spot treatment only. I, on the other hand, used it as a facial wash and cream all over my face daily/consistently for two years. Ive also used proper sun protection. I almost became paranoid of the sun.

Benzoyl Peroxide causes oxidative stress in the skin. Oxidative stress causes aging. Note the term "Peroxide" in BP. Furthermore, you will find a plethora of information supporting my claim.

At least for me, the fact is, the oxidation inside the BP may have contributed to my red pigmented marked face (which is PIH).

aquasea liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 8:32 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated!!!

Yes, self -assess your your skin daily...and if you don't see an improvement the next day after massaging, STOP! Your skin will tell you whether it likes what you are doing to it or not...

And yes, ceramides are really good...just pay attention to your skin after using it for a week or so for signs of dehydration lines (after you wash it off). I know my skin looked really good when I used an aloe vera + marine collagen moisturizer from New Directions...but after using it for more than a week, I noticed my skin was dehydrated after I washed it off (as it contained vegetable glycerine...which short-term makes the skin look good, but long term leeches moisture out of the skin). That's why natural oils are the best form of hydration for the skin, even though it is quite tricky trying to figure out the optimal dosage and best type of natural oil for your skin. Some people achieve this by cleansing with a natural oil but rinsing it with water - so only a very small oil residue is left on the skin. It's called the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM). You might want to examine that at a later time. However, if your moisturizer is working for your skin, then stick with it...you might also want to research the product and ingredients it contains online for reviews to see if any person flags any complications about using the product long-term.

Also, please let us know whether your one week of massage had ultimately helped or hindered your progress, that would be helpful for others to know too...

At the moment, I'm really loving the fresh lemon juice on my skin. (But it's probably waaaay too drying for your skin for the time being). It has really helped the texture of my skin - especially the redness/ pinkness like nothing else I've used before. I also started to see some superficial scarring/ small, superficial red/ pink scars disappear after two days of wearing it for 24 hours without the rosehip oil. It is drying out my skin though, but my skin seems to like this effect at the moment...I will wear only fresh lemon juice for another day or two and then resume the massages with rosehip oil. Of course, you could test the fresh lemon juice on ONE VERY SMALL patch/ dot of red skin and see if you notice the redness go down after 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hour, 12 hours, 24hours etc...however, some people don't like fresh lemon juice on their skin, so please test a very small patch first to see if your skin reacts positively to fresh lemon juice...if so, continue, if not stop!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:28 pm

Aquasea,

How "vigorous" do you massage your skin? How hard? Gentle?

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:58 pm

Just wanted to post that non-vaccinated children are the healthiest children...in fact, on average 500% times more healthy than vaccinated children...

NB Vaccinations, BIG PHARMA, most transnational/ major junk food/ fast food outlets/ products, chemtrails, fluoridated tap water, aspartame, BPA, microwaves, MSG, additives, junk sodas, energy drinks, toxic sports drinks (btw, they often contain toxic chemical fire retardants!), corn syrup, big transnational company products/ processed foods, GMO, Monsanto etc are merely tools used to enact a MASSIVE global depopulation plan...research Dr Rima Laibow etc...and become enlightened, awake and knowledgeable re the true secret world agenda of the "Hidden Powers that Be"...

~ Peace + Light ~ [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/12/2013 11:29 pm

Hi AghhNe,

I'm vigorous when I massage, but I don't stretch my skin excessively, I'm especially careful around my eyes so as not to stretch the delicate under eye skin...

I guess there is no "exact" massage method, but just as long as you are massaging in a sustained manner with good pressure, in a circular motion (reversing the stroke every so often) should give you positive results....just look into the mirror as you're massaging with excellent lighting or natural daylight so you can target your scars etc...

If you see your skin looks better the next day after massaging - continue, if not - STOP!

MemberMember
(@amcguill)

Posted : 06/13/2013 12:13 am

Hey guys,

Just posting again because I believe this kind of discussion can be really helpful overall...

On 6/12/2013 at 6:38 PM, aquasea said:

Hi AMcguill [Edited image out]

I understand if you're new to this information, but the facts are:

NB Vaccinations, BIG PHARMA, most transnational/ major junk food/ fast food outlets/ products, chemtrails, flouridated tap water, aspartame, BPA, microwaves, MSG, additives, corn syrup, big transnational company products/ processed foods, GMO, Monsanto etc are merely tools used to enact a MASSIVE global depopulation plan...research Dr Rima Laibow etc...and become enlightened, awake and knowledgeable re the true secret world agenda of the "Hidden Powers that Be"...

~ Peace + Light ~ [Edited image out]

That's really a bold statement - no, they're not (I can find lots more sources that will say the same thing). I guess arguing vaccination is off-topic in regards to acne, but I am honestly disturbed by the anti-vaccination movement. It's irresponsible in my opinion and essentially causing the deaths of thousands of people - just because an invalid website tells you that it causes autism, doesn't mean it's true! Take the time to read citations and make sure they are valid before you put your faith in them.

I'm really surprised you believe that the government has a massive depopulation plan because of one woman who graduated in 1970 and owns a website asking for donations (!!).

I probably sounded really aggressive in the above - that isn't my intention, so I am sorry if I sounded like I am! I am just naturally skeptical and would be interested to hear more.

MemberMember
(@redxmoney)

Posted : 06/13/2013 3:15 am

Thanks, aquasea. I'm going to try to do all that.

aquasea liked