Notifications
Clear all

I Have Decided To Do An Experiment. Subcision/fillers/needling

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/20/2013 6:23 pm

Okay, so the last day of April, I had some subcision done to some of my scars to make room for fillers. One boxcar, and a few ice picks, and one scar from where I got a bit aggressive digging out an ingrown hair that left a nice gash for me. The doctor put in some fillers that didn't make the scars completely level, but did bring them up quite a bit, much closer to skin level than before. So, I had done some reading in past forums, and one lady had said that her scars had continued to improve each time she had gotten fillers done. Each time she went back to get the temporary fillers replaced, the doctor had less filling to do. She attributed it to needling her scars with the fillers in about 4 months post fill. So, that got me thinking. Perhaps I could needle the filled scars, and slowly replace the fill with my own collagen. Seeing as how the filled scars being nearly skin level but not quite didn't change anything for me, I figured it's worth a try, nothing to lose, no real risk. I asked the doc, and they said that I should go around the filled scars with the needling, but only because it could dissipate the fillers more quickly. So I single needled a couple of the filled ice picks the other night, and I think I'm gonna get a nice improvement out of it by the looks of it. Perhaps this could be a way to speed up the process and help it along. Just wanted to let you peeps know I was trying this, I'll let you know how it turns out.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/21/2013 2:24 am

Sounds like a really good treatment plan NUBY3!!! Interesting too that the fillers helped heal the scarring progressively...sounds very promising.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 06/18/2013 9:10 pm

so far, it works amazingly. The scars I did this to are literally disappearing. I had a large, round, deep ice pick near my nose. It was large enough to have two hairs sticking out of it like goalposts and deep enough that I couldn't see the bottom. It's filled in at LEAST 80%. maybe 90%. and there is a tiny new pore forming in the skin that is filling it in. Combination of needling, TCA CROSS, some subcision, and some fillers with individual needling on top. seeing major improvements in my scarring. It is possible. it really is, I believe it. but it takes a long time.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/19/2013 4:40 pm

so far, it works amazingly. The scars I did this to are literally disappearing. I had a large, round, deep ice pick near my nose. It was large enough to have two hairs sticking out of it like goalposts and deep enough that I couldn't see the bottom. It's filled in at LEAST 80%. maybe 90%. and there is a tiny new pore forming in the skin that is filling it in. Combination of needling, TCA CROSS, some subcision, and some fillers with individual needling on top. seeing major improvements in my scarring. It is possible. it really is, I believe it. but it takes a long time.

great to see ur having successs. what type of filler did doc use on you? i have boxscars that i wanna get filler done if i dont do subcision on them will the filler still fill in the indents?

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 06/20/2013 10:02 pm

I think you need the subcision to make room underneath the scar and free it up so it can be filled. it didn't cost anything extra for me for the subcision, it was 550 bucks for everything. it was a hyaluronic acid filler, not sure which one.