Notifications
Clear all

Daily 30 Minute Massages On Face Eradicates Scars?

MemberMember
(@roadtonowhere)

Posted : 08/05/2014 7:20 pm

Hello! This is very uplifting, as I know many people are afflicted by this issue. I wanted to ask a specific question: for scarred pores and enlarged pores on the nose area specifically, how would you recommend massaging? I tried vigorous up-down and back-forth massaging on the surface of my nose with the middle finger using firm pressure as you do, but the skin seems too... I don't know the right word, spongy? Pliable? I just can't seem to get enough traction, and the skin doesn't really end up getting massaged much. Is there some special way for your nose? Please help, as I have quite a few, I suppose I would say boxcar, scars on my nose. :) Thank you.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 08/05/2014 11:24 pm

On 8/6/2014 at 6:20 AM, RoadToNowhere said:

Hello! This is very uplifting, as I know many people are afflicted by this issue. I wanted to ask a specific question: for scarred pores and enlarged pores on the nose area specifically, how would you recommend massaging? I tried vigorous up-down and back-forth massaging on the surface of my nose with the middle finger using firm pressure as you do, but the skin seems too... I don't know the right word, spongy? Pliable? I just can't seem to get enough traction, and the skin doesn't really end up getting massaged much. Is there some special way for your nose? Please help, as I have quite a few, I suppose I would say boxcar, scars on my nose. Thank you.

hi road to nowhere. Sorry to say but I gave up massaging the nose. At first it seemed to work but it comes back to its original depth after sometime. I am working now on cleansing and flushing. I am on my third week. I saw improvements on my skin complexion and moles, acne, oily skin and superficial scarring. But i still see no diiference on my deep scars. But I am impressed with the results. Here is the link, you could try this. The OP says it worked after 2 months of cleansing and flushing. :)

[removed]

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/26/2014 8:57 pm

i wonder if theres even 1 person who hv actually done this for more than 2 times?

nd with hands? for 1/2 h........

mayb u could use somekinda brush? wht would then happen? bt still..i could cope with this procedure for like week max mayb, n even then would take superpatience from me n just who rly has time for such??

would it actually make collagen grow sooner or something? i just rly doubt it works tht way at all..could it b its just somekinda temp swelling/puffing up from all tht massaging they r experiencing?

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 08/26/2014 11:47 pm

You might try to massage the scars with essential oils. It helps. I have read that massaging with essential oils would heal scars, even old ones. I also read that massaging it with extra virigin olive oil would also break down the scar tissue and regenerate new cells.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 08/27/2014 10:26 am

nope evoo breaks u the hell out

my post:

i wonder if theres even 1 person who hv actually done this for more than 2 times?

nd with hands? for 1/2 h........

mayb u could use somekinda brush? wht would then happen? bt still..i could cope with this procedure for like week max mayb, n even then would take superpatience from me n just who rly has time for such??

would it actually make collagen grow sooner or something? i just rly doubt it works tht way at all..could it b its just somekinda temp swelling/puffing up from all tht massaging they r experiencing?

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 09/03/2014 1:29 am

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company.

As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping.

nomsomwaffles did your nose scar improve already? Was it indented before or raised? What did you do to cure it and how long did it take you to cure it? Hoping for your reply. Thank you and best wishes.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/03/2014 8:14 pm

hey what for is lymph drainage? what does it do to face and does it helps wth collagen formation?

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 09/04/2014 12:32 am

Well a problem with evoo is that its not always pure. Even organic ones. Many are actually mixed with another oil, such as canola because its cheaper. So if you decide to use evoo, you have to make sure its from a good company.

As for the massage, I took a break the last two days to give my skin a break and I've been pretty busy. There's still a little improvement on my cheeks. The cheek I dermarolled and massaged has the most improvement still. Although, a tiny indented scar on my nose, and two little indented scars on my forehead are barely noticeable now. I really have to look for it to see them. Even with horrible lighting its hard to find. These scars didnt bug me before though, as they weren't that noticeable to begin with, but it seems that massaging is helping a bit. I'll keep massaging until the two week mark, and will prolly keep massaging afterwards but along with other methods like dermarolling and cupping.

nomsomwaffles did your nose scar improve already? Was it indented before or raised? What did you do to cure it and how long did it take you to cure it? Hoping for your reply. Thank you and best wishes.

Yes it did improve, it's not gone though. It's just very unoticeable. It was a tiny indented scar. It was also a newer scar (as well as the two little indented scars I had right above my eyebrow). These scars were from the end of my acne battle, I guess my acne wanted to make sure I had at least one scar on every part of my face, and not just the herd of scars it left on my cheeks lol. But thankfully these 3 scars are super tiny. They are only a couple months old, so thats probably why they were responding better to the massage. As the massage didnt do very much for my other scars (then again I only massaged for 2 weeks lol).

My routine was:

in the morning, I'd wash my face with warm water. Apply some msm liquid with vitamin c. Let it dry.

Then proceed to massage with tallow balm for 15 mins

In the evening, after my shower, I would apply some more msm with vitamin c. Let it dry.

Then I would massage again with tallow balm but for 30 mins as I watch some tv.

Sometimes I would add a couple drops of Young Living Frankincense oil.

I always started and ended the massage by facial lymph draining (like this

)

I also have to add, I believe diet will have a lot to do with the effectiveness of massage and how one heals. I eat a very clean diet. No, I'm not vegan, but I eat organic/non-gmo/grassfed meats and fruits and veggies. I also eat plenty of liver, a lot of healthy fats, fermented foods, and bone broth (or when I'm too lazy to cook bone broth, I will add collagen to my food). I don't eat grains (at least not yet), and I just started adding dairy back into my diet.

Best of luck to you~

Wow. You are the first person I have heard whose nose scar responded well with massage. I too have a very clean diet. Which makes me lean. I am tall and I cant afford to go leaner. Anyway, how do you massage your nose? It seems like, spongy? I also cant explain. It is hard to massage the nose.

Regards,

Len

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 09/11/2014 6:46 pm

Hello there nomnomwaffles. Just a question please, what oil are you using to massage your scar?

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/13/2014 2:39 am

nomnomwaffles can u pls post pics of ur face?

or just fragments of parts of ur face will b fine too

nd if u could post before afters tht would b even better

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 09/14/2014 12:36 am

omg no massaging just wont ever work for this kinda scars dude, just nope. if there is nyone who couldve done it they better show before after pics then. this is wht i think is nly tht could work from wht i know:

u need to look into dermastamping, needling, mayb dermarolling too, also those lasers etc.

topically: vit c serum, copper peptides, retin a mayb

internally: vit c and a

eat healthy mostly: dark green veggies, fruits, protein, healthy fats, fish

(dark green vegies) spinach, kale, cabbage: collagen producing agents, contains lutein (need 10 mg) 4 oz spinach or 2 oz kale
hydration, elasticity, fights wrinkles

sleep well

drink 2l at least

MemberMember
(@mavor)

Posted : 10/16/2014 11:32 am

Hi, I'm not sure what the massage method in the first post is supposed to be performed:

"USE BOTH HANDS AT SAME TIME and do forward and back massage using front and tips of fingers and palms (where you can). Circular massage will not work. To avoid skin pulling/stretching tighten skin by partially opening mouth and pulling lips firmly back against teeth. The massaging friction rubs them away and forces a clear new skin to appear."

Will I use both fingers and make them go opposite directions past eachother at the scarring site? And how much force do i need to apply. I have scars under my lips and chin area. Can massage from inside with tongue help; like if i push the tissue outwards stretching the skin and moving my tongue around...

MemberMember
(@mmittal)

Posted : 07/27/2016 11:59 pm

Yes, its true. Below is my account for the acne-marks treatment.
I suffered from severe acne attack for 1.5-2 years on my face. When subsided a little I saw the same article which mentioned than vigorous facial massage can get rid of facial marks and discoloration. I had many black, brown and red spots specially of my cheeks and forehead from acne. I could not keep my hands of my face during acne attack, therefore most of the spots were in dark colors due to nail piercing the acne. According to me it was severe condition if not some of those extreme cases which we get to see when googled. I started those vigorous facial facial massage. I did not use the moisturizing or anti-scar creams available in market as I caused more harm than good to my skin. I used mostly Bio-oil or olive oil or sometimes coconut oil (in short any natural light oil will work). Wash my hands and face properly before the massage session. Pour sufficient oil (but not too much). Start will smaller amount of oil and keep adding in between the massage to get a somewhat reduced friction for the massage (too much will get rid of entire friction which will not help much). I followed the Sanford Bannett massaging technique and tanaka face massage techiqnueon my face and neck. I did this one-hour facial massage for 5-6 times a week for 2-3 months . I could see visible decrease in marks and improvement in my skin quality. After about 3 months I reduced the treatment to once a week and after 4 months I was too tired and running out of time as I had to relocate to a new place. But the healing process went on inside, and the end for 6 months my husband asked me where are all those marks and scar went, and it was then that I noticed that marks are no longer visible from a distance. If I went to close to mirror and inspect, I could see some lighter spots. So in order to get rid of this lighter spots I have started this Sanford Bennett treatment on my face again. Presently I am doing this face massage 2-3 times a week for one-hour everytime using Olive oil. I did not have indentation and raised acne scars luckily. SO I am not sure if these can be treated by vigorous facial massage.