Notifications
Clear all

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:40 am

if this isnt proof, then I'm Dr Ahmed......

post-153821-1314625200_thumb.jpg

post-153821-1314625200_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:41 am

Okay, Lady, you know, that is exactly, what I had in my mind, and what makes your previous posts, in particular the way the pics are made, suspicious to me

i.e ...people wont argue over the 'before' being bad lighting and the 'after' being good lighting as they did in ernesto's thread
MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:46 am

why would i not want to eliminate potential arguing over lighting by being very clear what kind of lighting it is?

no apology yet then?

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:47 am

.. :) okay. I'm gonna keep that picture ......... but it coooould be fabricated. Lady holding up white blank paper, so if in danger loosing his cover, Ahmed can photoshop the "proof".

;)

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:49 am

i bet you feel like a right idiot now.......lol...that almost makes up for the lack of apology

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/29/2011 8:53 am

That bet you lost. - You get the apology, and it will come from the heart, when I see the 'after' pictures, and there's nothing suspicious about them.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:00 am

That bet you lost. - You get the apology, and it will come from the heart, when I see the 'after' pictures, and there's nothing suspicious about them.

oh my god!!

I'm still labelling them. I dont care enough about your paranoia to change my thorough documentation .

You really don't feel like a fool?

Unbelievable!!

MemberMember
(@rez77)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:18 am

oh my god!!

I'm still labelling them. I dont care enough about your paranoia to change my thorough documentation .

You really don't feel like a fool?

Unbelievable!!

Frankly, I'm not even going to discourage any of this --it's exciting!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:23 am

what is? The treatment or the conspiracy drama?!!

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:50 am

">

MemberMember
(@mr-don)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:54 am

In this case this conspiracy talking is really ridiculous.

Why should she be that doctor ? She even mentioned other doctors where you can have this treatment done in an other thread.

By now many doctors offer this treatment. I could also tell you one in germany.

I don't see how her posts should be advertising in any way.

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/29/2011 9:56 am

.... let's wait for the 'after pics'.

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/29/2011 10:29 am

you really dont get it do you?

If i was faking this or doing it as an advert, i wouldnt have posted the 'before' pics in flattering light

. i would have showed the worst light only, and then posted the 'afters' in the flattering light

if i wanted to make false claims, i could have done it all just with the good and bad before pics!

You are beyond paranoid dagobert!

If i wasnt so tough i'd be leaving this board rather than leaving myself open to ridicule and accusations, but for the good of other people interested in the treatment, I'm here and I'm staying and I WILL be posting my results be they significant or minimal.

I've never shown anyone my scar before. NOT IN 15 YEARS apart from various doctors and my husband. Not even my own mother knows about it. if you DARE try to rip me apart after this treatment, which is my desparate grasping at ANYTHING that might help, trust me you will be even more of an a$$hole than you've shown yourself to be so far.

MemberMember
(@rez77)

Posted : 08/29/2011 4:17 pm

BOTH!!! But I really hope you're doing well(I dont believe it's a conspiracy) --but hey--all in good fun!

MemberMember
(@rez77)

Posted : 08/29/2011 4:34 pm

BOTH!!! But I really hope you're doing well(I dont believe it's a conspiracy) --but hey--all in good fun!

By the way, I'm not trying to make light of your issue GBL, I just woke up and read the flurry of posts and found the whole idea pretty amusing. You know, I'm banking that you WILL have a significant improvement in your scars. Maybe that's self-interested wishful thinking. But I do think its possible!

MemberMember
(@roller)

Posted : 08/29/2011 5:03 pm

GBL- I don't think you really need to waste any more time. The people with common sense will get it, and the people who don't won't. Dagobert is just trying to do damage control , but the more he tries, the more foolish he looks.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/29/2011 6:51 pm

Im here to back up gbl! dagobert stop making these fake accusations. wtf is ur prob? r u jelous she got the procedure done and u havent? leave her alone she is kind enough to document her progress and here u are trying to sabatage it by making false accusations. Give the lady a break and stop acting like a child!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@gbl)

Posted : 08/30/2011 2:52 am

By the way, I'm not trying to make light of your issue GBL, I just woke up and read the flurry of posts and found the whole idea pretty amusing. You know, I'm banking that you WILL have a significant improvement in your scars. Maybe that's self-interested wishful thinking. But I do think its possible!

hey its ok, i've had a chuckle over the craziness of it as well, but its started to pee me off as i dont want it to detract from the real issues - i.e trialling the treatment

I think dagobert will only be happy if i get sh!t results and therefore 'prove' it doesnt work....sad...

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 08/30/2011 3:45 am

I think dagobert will only be happy if i get sh!t results and therefore 'prove' it doesnt work....sad...
MemberMember
(@rez77)

Posted : 08/31/2011 9:04 pm

oh god "Hopefully, one day, there will be a 7 day medication to get rid of acne, cysts, and scars. But to late for most of us - youth is almost gone " --that's depressing --thanks a lot Dagobert! : ))

Come one, I need to cheer up --tell me there's something just on the horizon that will give me smooth youthful skin again --soon! :D

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 09/08/2011 10:00 pm

Until a very few years

ago, laser ablative resurfacing of the whole face was the

method of choice, with strong debate as to which of

the two most commonly used lasers, the CO2 and the

erbium-dosed yttrium aluminium garnet (Er:YAG), is

the best resurfacing laser. Reports have also appeared

on a combination of these laser modalities in the one

system. The aim of the process was to ablate the old

epidermis off the dermis as cleanly as possible,

deliberately causing a zone of residual thermal damage

(RTD) in the dermis extending down into the upperto

mid reticular dermis. This RTD zone was deemed

essential to kick-start the wound healing process,

including angiogenesis and collagenesis, followed by

tissue remodelling, to produce a tight, well oriented

superficial dermis under a new, fresh young

epidermis. Results with this approach were excellent,

even in very severely aged skin, but the side effects

were severe, including oedema, crusting, discomfort

and prolonged erythema during a wound healing

process that could last as long as six months. This

meant downtime for patients before they could return

to full social and work routines and which for many

was unacceptable.

( http://www.touchbriefings.com/pdf/2268/trelles.pdf, Mario A. Trelles Medical Director, Vilafortuny Medical Institute, Cambrils, Spain)

I know, this is about skin rejuvenation, but by totally removing the epidermis, any (!!!) existing scar will be removed with it, right?! (see bold underlined text) At least, this is the method "my" doctor is referring to. The downtime is 6 months - so, no question, this is surgery, not just some laser treatment. Very risky also - everbody says that, and that's also the reason, why they refuse to do this treatment on me (!). But I give a s...; gonna find someone for sure. I would even accept some russian butcher-like doctor.

Oh, and in case somebody is complaining because of the topic ... stem cells are involved, but they don't have to be applied, they'd stream out of the dermis

(...)deliberately causing a zone of residual thermal damage

essential to kick-start the wound healing process,

tissue remodelling,(...)

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 09/08/2011 10:08 pm

A combination of the laser surgery (see last post) with A. Baader's ( http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Stem-Cells-Acne-Scar-Rep-t222851.html&st=1300 ) treatment and it will probably heal faster with less side effects.

MemberMember
(@hakuchibijin)

Posted : 09/10/2011 10:55 am

"but by totally removing the epidermis, any (!!!) existing scar will be removed with it, right?!"

Absolutely not!!! Removing the epidermis alone usually doesn't do anything at all for scaring. Scaring goes through all (three) skin layers. CO2 and erbium lasers are old and largely useless methods. Look into Fraxel instead, if you're hell bent on using lasers.

MemberMember
(@mr-don)

Posted : 09/10/2011 11:27 am

Absolutely not!!! Removing the epidermis alone usually doesn't do anything at all for scaring.

That's true.

Scaring goes through all (three) skin layers.

That's not true. Most acne scars don't reach through the dermis. Usually only severe burn scars go this far.

MemberMember
(@dagobert)

Posted : 09/10/2011 12:05 pm

It's funny how you guys are ignoring facts, studies ... so science iin general.

deliberately causing a zone of residual thermal damage

essential to akick-starta the wound healing process,

tissue remodelling, to produce a tight, well oriented

superficial dermis under a new, fresh ayounga

epidermis. Results with this approach were excellent,