Notifications
Clear all

Bruising after squeezing "underground" pimple.

MemberMember
(@kmichellemiller)

Posted : 01/11/2009 8:36 pm

Hey everyone.

I had one of those annoying under the skin pimples- you know, the ones that feel like a mountain under your skin and protruding 3 inches from your face. I knew it was bad, but I was determined to get it popped to relieve the protrusion. Well, I finally got some gunk out, but noticed that the area surrounding was now a dark reddy color. It's about dime sized and seems more red right now than purple, but if I try to cover it with makeup, it looks like a dark purple spot on my skin. Am I correct in assuming that this is a "bruise" caused by squeezing my skin too hard?-- I'm double checking because I'm HOPING that this isn't a permanent hyperpigmentation or scar. If I am correct, how long does the bruise normally take to go away? It's horrible to try to cover and it makes me feel horrible and very unattractive and gross. Also, any tips on fading it quicker? I'm desperate and stressed! Please help guys!

MemberMember
(@tired-princess)

Posted : 01/11/2009 10:25 pm

Hey everyone.

I had one of those annoying under the skin pimples- you know, the ones that feel like a mountain under your skin and protruding 3 inches from your face. I knew it was bad, but I was determined to get it popped to relieve the protrusion. Well, I finally got some gunk out, but noticed that the area surrounding was now a dark reddy color. It's about dime sized and seems more red right now than purple, but if I try to cover it with makeup, it looks like a dark purple spot on my skin. Am I correct in assuming that this is a "bruise" caused by squeezing my skin too hard?-- I'm double checking because I'm HOPING that this isn't a permanent hyperpigmentation or scar. If I am correct, how long does the bruise normally take to go away? It's horrible to try to cover and it makes me feel horrible and very unattractive and gross. Also, any tips on fading it quicker? I'm desperate and stressed! Please help guys!

argh, i have the same problem too. its been like 2 weeks and i still have what looks like a bruise on the side of my cheek. pretty sure its gonna scar... ive been putting aloe on it but its still very noticeable

MemberMember
(@mlle-nathalie)

Posted : 01/12/2009 12:40 am

Well, from my experiences (which are many, unfortunately) I've gotten hyperpigmentation each time :( Please don't squeeze those cysts, I know it's impossible to, but you'll regret it so much later! For the ones that you have already, or the new forming ones (it's best to treat right at the beginning), try Delna's regimen, which is on this forum. It's the baking soda scrub, apple cider vinegar toner, and eggwhite/lemon juice mask regimen. WORKS WONDERS, I cannot even begin to describe to you! Def. go check it out!

MemberMember
(@rachael24)

Posted : 06/26/2015 3:09 pm

Hey Could you tell me if it was a bruise and what you did to help it?

Dealing with the same issue right now

Rachael

MemberMember
(@retreat)

Posted : 06/08/2017 6:03 pm

On 11/01/2009 at 8:36 PM, kmichellemiller said:

Hey everyone.

I had one of those annoying under the skin pimples- you know, the ones that feel like a mountain under your skin and protruding 3 inches from your face. I knew it was bad, but I was determined to get it popped to relieve the protrusion. Well, I finally got some gunk out, but noticed that the area surrounding was now a dark reddy color. It's about dime sized and seems more red right now than purple, but if I try to cover it with makeup, it looks like a dark purple spot on my skin. Am I correct in assuming that this is a "bruise" caused by squeezing my skin too hard?-- I'm double checking because I'm HOPING that this isn't a permanent hyperpigmentation or scar. If I am correct, how long does the bruise normally take to go away? It's horrible to try to cover and it makes me feel horrible and very unattractive and gross. Also, any tips on fading it quicker? I'm desperate and stressed! Please help guys! |

Did that heal? Please help, because I have tge exact same thing bothering me. :(

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 06/10/2017 1:40 pm

I have one just like that on my left cheek. Pretty big. I waited forever and it had a slight opening so I squeezed it out and it got a very dark red. Then it scabbed and I left it alone. I've been applying antibiotic ointment and now it's a light pink. It's gonna be a scar for a while but atleast it's not a dent.