Notifications
Clear all

Topical Vitamin A?

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:31 am

yeah unfortunately vitamin a is still breaking me out...i figure that eventually i wouldve gotten over this hump, but like i said with so many things coming up, i ran out of time to experiment and i needed to go with a sure thing. i will try this again and i have no regrets in taking it, because i sincerly think it will work but it just takes alot of time.

i wish the rest of you good luck with this product.

I don't know if this would work with you but ever since i combined Topical Vitamin B5 with Topical Retinyl Palmitate i have been able to drop off the benzoyl peroxide and niacinamide to control the breakout.

I don't know it this is only a coincidence but i think Topical Vitamin B5 is also helping to control the breakout. I never had a breakout for maybe about 5 days even without the use of benzoyl peroxide.

Perhaps you might want to try using Topical Vitamin B twice daily just like my regime. I would report in a week or two if this combination is really effective.

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:32 am

Just get 12 pieces of 500mg Pantothenic Acid tablets and dissolve it in 30ml or 1 ounce of water and apply the mixture to your face at least 3 times and ideally 5 times a day. Be sure to remove first facial oil before applying the topical B5. This was the formula used by Dr. Lit-Hung-Leung on the B5 study.

To combat inflamation just buy Metazene which is just Topical Niacinamide or Topical Vitamin B3. The effecacy of topical niacinamide is the same as with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel. Topical niacinamide never dries the skin but it increases the ceramides of the skin causing the skin to retain more moisture.

I have some left over Panothenic Acid tablets so i'd be interested in trying this, just a couple of questions- whats this talk of inflamation, should i expect a break out from this method? What excatly are the benefits, reduction in subum perhaps?

Cheers Ethanol smile.gif

The topical pantothenic acid is supposed to reduce sebum production in the same way that megadoses of oral pantothenic acid does. In the original study of Dr. Lit-Hung-Leung on pantothenic acid, it actually involved 10 grams of oral B5 and 20% topical B5 cream applied 5 to 6 times daily.

Topical pantothenic acid hydrates the skin and also promotes healing. Some products use the provitamin B5 or Dexpanthenol because it is absorbed more easily in the skin. Topical Calcium Pantothenate or the common Pantothenic Acid in stores would also to the same, promoting skin healing.

Topical pantothenic acid does not cause breakout. Topical Niacinamide reduces the redness or inflamation associated with acne. When you apply topical niacinamide twice daily, the redness or inflamation will be reduced to the point that there would only be whiteheads instead of red pustules.

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 09/26/2005 10:39 am

Just get 12 pieces of 500mg Pantothenic Acid tablets and dissolve it in 30ml or 1 ounce of water and apply the mixture to your face at least 3 times and ideally 5 times a day. Be sure to remove first facial oil before applying the topical B5. This was the formula used by Dr. Lit-Hung-Leung on the B5 study.

To combat inflamation just buy Metazene which is just Topical Niacinamide or Topical Vitamin B3. The effecacy of topical niacinamide is the same as with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel. Topical niacinamide never dries the skin but it increases the ceramides of the skin causing the skin to retain more moisture.

I have some left over Panothenic Acid tablets so i'd be interested in trying this, just a couple of questions- whats this talk of inflamation, should i expect a break out from this method? What excatly are the benefits, reduction in subum perhaps?

Cheers Ethanol smile.gif

The topical pantothenic acid is supposed to reduce sebum production in the same way that megadoses of oral pantothenic acid does. In the original study of Dr. Lit-Hung-Leung on pantothenic acid, it actually involved 10 grams of oral B5 and 20% topical B5 cream applied 5 to 6 times daily.

Topical pantothenic acid hydrates the skin and also promotes healing. Some products use the provitamin B5 or Dexpanthenol because it is absorbed more easily in the skin. Topical Calcium Pantothenate or the common Pantothenic Acid in stores would also to the same, promoting skin healing.

Topical pantothenic acid does not cause breakout. Topical Niacinamide reduces the redness or inflamation associated with acne. When you apply topical niacinamide twice daily, the redness or inflamation will be reduced to the point that there would only be whiteheads instead of red pustules.

MemberMember
(@edaley)

Posted : 09/27/2005 4:18 pm

I just started using this today...ill let you guys know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@ethanol)

Posted : 09/28/2005 12:49 pm

Vitamin B5 is Pantothenic Acid, you can make a topical version by crushing pantothenic acid tablets and dissolving it in distilled water.

Vitamin B3 is Niacinamide or Nicotinamide the commercial topical version is Metazene. If you want to make it at home just buy the 100mg niacinamide capsule at GNC and dissolve it in water. see my previous posts for instruction.

MemberMember
(@legislatorgov)

Posted : 10/04/2005 12:02 am

interestinggg

MemberMember
(@aynon)

Posted : 10/04/2005 11:07 am

If panthothenic (sp?) acid ever worked for me, I'd never have tried Vitamin A. I think that whole b5 theory is a big hoax coming straight out of left field. I've been on the topical cure for nine months and my face is almost perfect. Like the maker told me, you will break out until all the the scars purge. And I did want to quit at first, but you'll get exactlly the same result from acutane, so what choice do you have but to get it over with once and for all. This is by far the best decision I ever made concerning acne and my life, as I was considering suicide after three failed attempts with acutane.

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 10/04/2005 7:04 pm

If panthothenic (sp?) acid ever worked for me, I'd never have tried Vitamin A. I think that whole b5 theory is a big hoax coming straight out of left field. I've been on the topical cure for nine months and my face is almost perfect. Like the maker told me, you will break out until all the the scars purge. And I did want to quit at first, but you'll get exactlly the same result from acutane, so what choice do you have but to get it over with once and for all. This is by far the best decision I ever made concerning acne and my life, as I was considering suicide after three failed attempts with acutane.

MemberMember
(@piero)

Posted : 10/21/2005 10:38 am

Hello guys,

My name is Piero and I'm a 20 years old. I am new in this forum but I have read it a couple of times before and my sis did too but never posted. I have a story to share:

When I stopped accutane I stayed clear for a while but breakouts came back afterwards, not as horrible though.

I wanted to share my experience with you because I feel that I owe you guys for some of my success. It all began when my little sister bought the stuff; the thing is that she thought it was too oily and she used it in a different way.. BINGO

She came across this forum a few months ago and just felt like trying the vitamin stuff. Well she used it as directed for a few nigths and thought it was messy and just started mixing it with a "PH2o" . PH2O is a "moisturizer" but is in fact more like a gel, is not creamy at all (and it has vitamin a, e and c in it).

Well the truth is that is was working for her and I decided to try it. For two months all I've done is wash my face at night with a gentle skin cleanser (DCL non-drying cleansing lotion) and mix like 4 drops of the vitamin stuff with some Ph2o and wash it off in the morning with the same cleanser. I dont use anything during the day.

Nobody really knows how skin works.. trust me.. the more you wash it the more oily it gets.. the more antibiotics you put on and take orally the more you will breakout when off them.. the more bp you use the more irritated it gets....... its very frustrating

All I can advice you is to only use a little bit on you face of whatever you use.. and never scrub... If you breakout badly.. dont worry.. there is always Accutane for severe acne.. and IT WILL claer you up..

Im not a doctor or whatsoever.. so I cant tell you if the vitamins in PH2O are doing what.. But I can tell you this from common sense.. it is not good to put on our face a bunch of this oil, I mean like 40 drops of this thing.

If you want me to be honest, I would tell you that what I think is working about this is the fact that I only apply a thin layer and I would say that the vitamins are doing something as well. Please dont try this if you already found something that works for you (everybody is different). Good luck.

MemberMember
(@piero)

Posted : 10/21/2005 6:06 pm

I forgot to mention something that I consider important. I also take Pantothenic Acid (500 MG) and an antioxidant with selenium plus vitamins a, c and e orally once a day. I only take "standart" doses of Pantothenic Acid because I've heard that water soluble vitamins are flushed when high amounts are taken.

My sis doesnt take the vitamins but her skin has never been nearly as oily and bad as mine. My skin is still a little oily but not much anymore.

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 03/21/2006 5:02 pm

I want to bump up this thread...Does anybody use this stuff anymore? I ordered mine and am waiting to receive it but would like to know if anyone is currently using it?

MemberMember
(@beekerz86)

Posted : 03/22/2006 3:47 pm

yeah I'm also very interested in how people are doing on this. I'm on accutane now and am clearing up extremely well but from all the horror stories I hear of people having their acne return after the course is starting to worry me. If I could start using the vitamin cure right when I finish my accutane course, wouldnt that keep the oil away forever and maintain my clear skin? man I sure hope so.

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 03/23/2006 3:34 pm

i just received mine..i'll let everyone know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@xiomara)

Posted : 03/23/2006 7:51 pm

You put the Vit. A on your nose as a topical and it didn't grease up all day?

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 03/30/2006 9:25 pm

u are ultimately going to kill urself` .. anything over 8.000IU's is fucking deadly and for women can cause brith defects .. do u want to have a fucked up child? take 1 pill a day and be fucking patient .. its betetr to heal acne slowly then do it immediately and end up in teh hospital .. so do u want to have beasutiful skin while ur in a coffin or wait a year for beautiful skin doing it the healthy way? You choice. Educate urself b4 u dos oemthing so drastic

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 03/30/2006 9:35 pm

u are ultimately going to kill urself` .. anything over 8.000IU's is fucking deadly and for women can cause brith defects .. do u want to have a fucked up child? take 1 pill a day and be fucking patient .. its betetr to heal acne slowly then do it immediately and end up in teh hospital .. so do u want to have beasutiful skin while ur in a coffin or wait a year for beautiful skin doing it the healthy way? You choice. Educate urself b4 u dos oemthing so drastic

What the hell are you talking about? We're talking about putting Vitamin A TOPICALLY on your face not ingesting it! Didnt you read this thread? U should educate yourself before you start spitting out nonsense. If anyone is that stupid to take massive doses of Vitamin A then they need to educate themselves but most of us are just discussing the VITAMIN A CURE + SOLUTION topical acne and oily skin treatment. That is what this thread is about, not pills. It even says TOPICAL in the title of this thread

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 03/30/2006 9:47 pm

ok dumbass read the fuckin first post to this thread that is what i am tlaking baiout .. and yes there are ppl desperate enuff on here to take high dosages of anything to get rid of acne some ppl are so depressed about it the contemplate suicide .. so why dont u stfu

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 03/30/2006 10:09 pm

ok dumbass read the fuckin first post to this thread that is what i am tlaking baiout .. and yes there are ppl desperate enuff on here to take high dosages of anything to get rid of acne some ppl are so depressed about it the contemplate suicide .. so why dont u stfu

lol...woah calm down there killer...why wouldnt you quote that "first" post? Instead of posting after about 100 other posts...no one is going to know what the hell you are talking about when you are posting after other people are talking about applying it topically..I think you're the dumbass. I've read all of these posts but it seems that you havent, or maybe you just dont know how this posting this works...If you are talking to one specific person I suggest you quote that person instead of saying "u are ultimately going to kill urself" after people are discussing Vitamin A topically, it doesnt make sense to people when you do that. If u read this whole thread you would see that someone already had this discussion about the dangers of high doses of Vitamin A...there is no need to repeat what is already known. And lastly, That first post was written last year...and "Wally" (the person who posted that) stopped taking Vitamin A internally, as said throughout this whole thread. So maybe you should stfu...

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 03/31/2006 6:12 am

doesnt matter so many other ppl do it .. thyere are more than one thread .... and maybe some1 is doing it right now and was looking through this thread .. and then they see the dangers .. they will stop. so who cares what thread it in as long as its posted ... why dont u try search there are plenty of ppl on here who are that desperate to take a samuch of it as possible.

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 03/31/2006 1:02 pm

doesnt matter so many other ppl do it .. thyere are more than one thread .... and maybe some1 is doing it right now and was looking through this thread .. and then they see the dangers .. they will stop. so who cares what thread it in as long as its posted ... why dont u try search there are plenty of ppl on here who are that desperate to take a samuch of it as possible.

Hey FieryLove, I want to apologize for my rudeness. I understand that you wanted to help and let people know how dangerous it is. I just didnt understand why you were posting that after my and a couple other peoples posts, because we werent taking it internally. I thought you were trying to lecture me about it, thats why I got defensive. Sorry about that. I know people are desperate to try anything...I understand how they feel. But they really should give this Vitamin A thing a try (topically I mean) because my skin looks pretty good. I think its a mixture of Differin and the Vitamin A. I'm still waiting for its effects on oily skin though.

So again, sorry about that... :)

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 03/31/2006 7:53 pm

I want to bump up this thread...Does anybody use this stuff anymore? I ordered mine and am waiting to receive it but would like to know if anyone is currently using it?

I was using it in conjunction with Green Cream, but ditched it awhile back ... the GC is SO much more powerful, it seemed silly to use both.

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 04/01/2006 12:00 am

well, as long as u understand why i made the post. I am thinking about taking Vit A before i try the topical bc if u take the recommended dosage u will b fine ... it sveyr good for skin and also hair and immune system which is a plus. When i buy it i will give the results.

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 04/01/2006 5:25 pm

^ I used to take it internally, one Vitamin A pill, But I never saw any results from it...maybe I didnt take it long enough? I also eat carrots, but I didnt see the great results that everyone talks about..I'm liking this Topical though.

MemberMember
(@aynon)

Posted : 04/02/2006 10:02 pm

I'm pizzed. I got the green crean and waited till my bottle of skin solution ran ot to try it . After five days the oil on the tip of my FRIGGIN nose came back and I can squeeze white gunk out again too. Now I have to rush order from [Removed] and I'm stuck til then. Says it has a polymer to help it soak in but it ain't working on glands I guess. Just mixed the green cream with olive oil hope it works in the meantime.

MemberMember
(@superman87)

Posted : 04/02/2006 11:49 pm

How long did it take to see oil reduction with the vitamin cure