Notifications
Clear all

facial hair

MemberMember
(@blissuk5)

Posted : 03/03/2005 4:48 pm

i was wondering whether anyone could help me out...i want to know whether threading or waxing facial hair has an affect on acne...my friends all seem to hav a different opinion so i just need to know whether either waxing or threading can cause spots..Also which is the best removal technique...thanx

MemberMember
(@olive415)

Posted : 03/03/2005 4:58 pm

I think that threading is better is you are using topical acne med. Nothing actually touches your skin so it is less likely to be irritated. I had a friend who was using BP have a bunch of her skin peel off when she waxed.

I think that it is really hard to find a person who does threading. When I was in Chicago I just took it for granted, but now I live in MN and people looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about threading at the local salon.

MemberMember
(@katey)

Posted : 03/04/2005 3:17 am

whatever you do, do not wax your facial hair. that's one of the WORST things i have ever done in my life... broke out like crazy... not even worth it.

MemberMember
(@desparategirl)

Posted : 03/14/2014 7:20 pm

I waxed part of my face and that part appeared to not have as many bumps. I'm not sure if this is a good thing to do- I don't know if waxing will help me.

MemberMember
(@niklaus)

Posted : 03/20/2014 9:35 am

i had this same uncertainty but i decided against both methods because i heard that a loss of facial hair will cause pimples.

what i do is bleach my facial hair and it works amazing! i use the Jolen bleaching cream which is very easy to apply