Notifications
Clear all

Topical Vitamin A?

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 04/03/2006 5:16 pm

Vitamin A+ Skin Solution is that the same as whats inside a Vitamin A Capsul? If so then y do u buy this and juss buy the capsuls and open that up and put that oil on ur face? is it the same?

MemberMember
(@wally36)

Posted : 04/09/2006 3:30 pm

The difference is that regular capsules have like 2,000IU but the vitamin cure stuff is 25,000IU. The oils they use is different than in the pills too.

MemberMember
(@jlbarnaby)

Posted : 04/25/2006 12:02 pm

The vitamin cure stuff is working out good. Another good thing is my hair is getting less oily also. But how can it affect my scalp if I don't put it on there?! Does that mean it's getting in my bloodstream?

I have seen my derm since I went off Accutane so I haven't had a bloodtest since November. Anybody out there on the vitamin a+ skin solution get tested recently??

MemberMember
(@eudaimonia)

Posted : 04/25/2006 9:00 pm

The vitamin cure stuff is working out good. Another good thing is my hair is getting less oily also. But how can it affect my scalp if I don't put it on there?! Does that mean it's getting in my bloodstream?

I have seen my derm since I went off Accutane so I haven't had a bloodtest since November. Anybody out there on the vitamin a+ skin solution get tested recently??

i'd like to hear a response on this too. i really hope it doesnt get into the bloodstream!!

i just ordered my first topical A today..so we'll see how it goes. im hoping for the best.

my acne and oily skin is very very mild. but i know for a fact its the oil thats causing the problem. if the topical A can reduce the oil production significantly, then my face should be flawless. No?

can i use the TOPICAL A on my BACK & SHOULDERS?

does anybody have an update on their TOPICAL A treatment? maybe a before and after photo?

MemberMember
(@trongie)

Posted : 04/25/2006 10:03 pm

is vitamin A in centrum silver good for u?

MemberMember
(@eudaimonia)

Posted : 05/01/2006 1:15 am

I just finished using the topical A for the first time. A minute or two after I applied the topical for the first time I felt a strange sense of warmth in my stomach, I felt a little anxious, and my heartbeat a little faster. The aroma is strong, and I'm pretty sure it's the ingredient clove oil. The feelings did subside about 30-45mins..but it felt uncomfortable. I looked up the side effects of clove oil and there's reports of individuals of being sensitive or allergic to it. Unless there's a very good reason for mixing clove oil to your topical treatment, I think a good idea for the company to change the oil to somethinig else or just taking it out completely. Has anyone experienced these side effects from clove oil???

But I'm not going to stop using it, only my first day...hopefully with continued use i will become immune to it.

MemberMember
(@someone111)

Posted : 05/01/2006 6:01 am

if it stopped the oil from producing then thats similar to accutane may not be as worse, but stopping oil glands from their normal production is not a good idea.

MemberMember
(@jlbarnaby)

Posted : 05/24/2006 6:57 pm

Hey ppl. Thanx for this link for the vitamin cure. My skin has lost it's oiliness completely. No meore new comedones and I won't have to go back on accutane now. Can't wait to look at my face in the mirror every morning.

:D

MemberMember
(@insanelyoily)

Posted : 05/24/2006 9:45 pm

Hey ppl. Thanx for this link for the vitamin cure. My skin has lost it's oiliness completely. No meore new comedones and I won't have to go back on accutane now. Can't wait to look at my face in the mirror every morning.

:D

How long did it take before you noticed less oil? And are you just using it at night only?

I haven't noticed any reduction in oil, been using it for a week or so just at night. My skin though is extremely oily, I mean extremely and has been that way for 15 or so years (I'm in my mid 30s).

I'm thinking that maybe the accutane put a world of hurt on your oil glands and maybe the vitamincure stuff was just enough to maintain the state which accutane got you to?

If anything makes a dent in my oil I will notice it because I monitor my oil all day long which sucks nuts and the day I can stop doing that is a day of some serious rejoicing.

Also about the oiliness of your hair. The sutff is so damn oily when I put it on my face that when I lay my head on my pillow my pillowcase instantly soaks it up. When I wake up the parts of my face on the pillow are totally dry whereas my nose and the middle of my forehead which don't touch the pillow are insanely oily. Thus, maybe your hair is just picking it up from your pillow?

OH well, I always loved the smell of cloves and clove cigarettes, so it's a joy to put the vitamincure stuff on. But, damn, that's some seriously oily stuff. God I hope it helps w/ the oil. That would be so f'n awesome. The website, tough bums me out, since it doesn't look like it's too professional, etc. Just looks like a scam type of thing. But the message hits home. The message is well done.

MemberMember
(@beekerz86)

Posted : 05/25/2006 1:17 pm

Keep us posted on your resluts/progress guys I'm going to finish my 5 month course of tane in a week and am really looking into this for maintaining my clear skin if needed. Thanks

MemberMember
(@mxpx123)

Posted : 06/02/2006 4:50 pm

Ive been on Ketsugo gel (3 weeks) ....and thevitamincure(7 days) and there both really working!... After 3 weeks of ketsugo I Just started to notice less oil:) Then I started thevitamincure and I notice even more reduction in oil. After a week of using it its starting to purge but my oil is almost non existant . Thanks for all the posts everyone ( and WALLY) that Convinced me to try it!

MemberMember
(@dreame123)

Posted : 06/03/2006 9:05 am

well I've used Vitamin A cure for a while now and I have seen NO reduction in oil whatsoever. What could I be doing wrong? I apply it to my skin at night and rub it in...wait a while and then apply Differin...Maybe the differin is what is not making it work? I cant stop the Differin or else my pimples would probably come back. Advice please :)

MemberMember
(@johnny28)

Posted : 06/03/2006 9:49 am

I'm not entirely satisfied with this either. Been using it for few months now and while I've seen results, it's kinda odd.

I used it on my arms to get rid of acne which appeared last year. It worked like magic and both the redness and acne is gone. It made my skin very dry and it's still dry few months after I stoped using it.

I use it on my forehead and nose (T-zone) almost every day and still get oily after 3-5 hours.

Is the t-zone oil different from the rest of the body??

MemberMember
(@jonny_boy)

Posted : 06/04/2006 2:03 pm

wally36 said:

After going on accutane twice, I read on this board that some ppl were taking high doses of Vitamin A instead, so I've spent the last year popping 10 Vitamin A pills a day (~80,000IU). Though the oil comin out of my nose never went away, my breakouts did seem to subsided a little, so I'd decided to double the dose and then found a site [Removed] that sells a really high dose of Vitamin A for acne in liquid form. But it warns pretty strong against takin it intenally, so when I got it a couple days ago, decided at first to try only puttin it on my face. MY GOD! My nose is completely dry all day without wiping it once! I don't know if it'll work for my acne, but I still can't believe the oil is gone like this. I just hope it continues.

This guy is obviously a saleman, a bad one at that...

MemberMember
(@mobius_dick)

Posted : 06/19/2006 3:30 pm

The clove oil was a little strong the first time I ordered the skin solution. I eamiled thevitamincure to say something about it and she said they cut back the clove by 50%. I just got another bottle and its much less strong smelling.

MemberMember
(@sugar123)

Posted : 06/20/2006 4:09 pm

hey what will happen if i just put the vitamin a gel on my face ???

MemberMember
(@fierylove)

Posted : 06/20/2006 8:55 pm

ive done that nothing much happened

MemberMember
(@superman87)

Posted : 06/22/2006 8:43 pm

I had no luck with the topical vitamin a from vitamincure. I only put it on my nose which gets very oily because i was afraid of an initial breakout on the rest of my face. I tried it for about 2 months and saw absolutely no improvement in oiliness. Any suggestsions? When i applied the vitamin a it felt very greasy and never seemed to soak in. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@mrstee)

Posted : 07/02/2006 3:17 pm

i noticed oil reducion w/ the vitamincure the day after the first night i put it on. it wasn't completely gone, just less, but i've been using it for like almost a year now and the oilness is almost completely gone, most of the time even until late at night when i wash my face and put it on.

MemberMember
(@insanelyoily)

Posted : 07/04/2006 1:12 am

I had no luck with the topical vitamin a from vitamincure. I only put it on my nose which gets very oily because i was afraid of an initial breakout on the rest of my face. I tried it for about 2 months and saw absolutely no improvement in oiliness. Any suggestsions? When i applied the vitamin a it felt very greasy and never seemed to soak in. Is this normal?

I gave up after a week or so. I gave my reasoning in the "oil is ruining my life thread: "I've given up on thevitamincure.com simply because I don't like the website and lack of testimonials, lack of frequently asked questions, etc., etc. And it didn't help that it didn't reduce my oil from the get go which it suggested it would. Anyway, if I'm going to experiment, which I'm always doing, it's going to be w/ something more established. If thevitamincure.com works as well as the handful of folks say, then word should ultimately spread and the website should be able to better reflect it's success. It seems the stuff's been around since 2004. Seems like there would be much more fanfare if it worked for a lot of folks. It may be the bomb, but I'll wait for it take off before I devote months to it, in the hope that it's the bomb." ( http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=97433&hl= )

Anyway, the stuff was ridiculously oily when I applied it. Virtually no apparent absorption at all. Maybe I was using too much? I figure since it's oil, it probably won't totally absorb and much of it will simply stay on the surface. I know my pillow case most likely overdosed on it cuz that's exactly where it all when when I put my head down. :(

Oh well, I still wish the company had a better presentation. When all else fails I might try it again someday. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ethanol)

Posted : 11/16/2006 11:12 am

InsanelyOily said:
superman87 said:

I gave up after a week or so. I gave my reasoning in the "oil is ruining my life thread: "I've given up on the vitamin cure simply because I don't like the website and lack of testimonials, lack of frequently asked questions, etc., etc. And it didn't help that it didn't reduce my oil from the get go which it suggested it would. Anyway, if I'm going to experiment, which I'm always doing, it's going to be w/ something more established. If the vitamin cure works as well as the handful of folks say, then word should ultimately spread and the website should be able to better reflect it's success. It seems the stuff's been around since 2004. Seems like there would be much more fanfare if it worked for a lot of folks. It may be the bomb, but I'll wait for it take off before I devote months to it, in the hope that it's the bomb." ( http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=97433&hl= )

Anyway, the stuff was ridiculously oily when I applied it. Virtually no apparent absorption at all. Maybe I was using too much? I figure since it's oil, it probably won't totally absorb and much of it will simply stay on the surface. I know my pillow case most likely overdosed on it cuz that's exactly where it all when when I put my head down. :(

Oh well, I still wish the company had a better presentation. When all else fails I might try it again someday. Good luck!

IF you want a do it yourself at home "Vitamincure stuff" then BUY the 50,000 IU softgel capsules of AFAXIN (Manufactured by the drug company Sanofi-Synthelabo ) cut open the softgel capsules and spread it on your face.. This is the one i am using instead of the Vitamincure vitamin A. The Afaxin softgel capsules is chemically the same as the vitamin cure stuff. Take note that "Retinyl Palmitate" ( Vitamincure) and "Retinol Palmitate" (Afaxin ) is exactly the same.. Afaxin is probably better coz it is made by a well known brand..

MemberMember
(@aynon)

Posted : 11/22/2006 1:14 pm

This new stuff from the vitamin cure ain't as greasy and penetrates alot fastr.

As for using pills if u do the calculation on how many drops in them, even the 50kIU don't come close to 30,000 per drop.

MemberMember
(@ethanol)

Posted : 11/23/2006 12:23 pm

Aynon said:

This new stuff from the vitamin cure ain't as greasy and penetrates alot fastr.

As for using pills if u do the calculation on how many drops in them, even the 50kIU don't come close to 30,000 per drop.

Sanofi Synthelabo's AFAXIN brand softgel capsules specially the 50,000 IU version is actually 50-90% of the strength of the Vitamincure brand. IF you take the guts of the AFAXIN softgel capsule it is about 1 or 2 drops.

By experimentation and empirical method of measurements that i have done. The over the counter vitamin A softgel capsule AFAXIN have the about the same strength as Vitamincure.

IF you guys want the "BIG GUN" of Topical Vitamin A. Get the "RETINYL ACETATE" not the PALMITATE or oil soluble version. "RETINYL ACETATE" is water solube and is not greasy, absorbs faster and takes effect faster than the vitamincure stuff.. The only problem is, you can only get it on lab supplies, it cost 2X to 10X as much and it is more irritating than the retinyl palmitate but far less irritating than Retin-A.. If you are not getting any results from Retinyl Palmitate like the Vitamincure brand. Then SHIFT to RETINYL ACETATE this stuff is like an ARTILLERY for Acne or something hehehehe.. In some studies Retinyl Acetate is found to be even more effective than Tretinoin/Retin-A a.k.a Retinoic Acid. Let me know of your result guys if you also try RETINYL ACETATE or RETINOL ACETATE.

HERE IS THE ARTICLE ABOUT RETINYL ACETATE

from http://www.plasticsurgeons.co.za/article.asp?ArticleID=29

"Vitamin A esters are milder on skin, still active and more easily tolerated There are numerous esters of vitamin A (e.g.retinyl proprionate, retinyl linoleate) but the most commonly used are retinyl palmitate and retinyl acetate. Retinyl acetate is a smaller and more active ester! Both of these esters are cheaper than efinit and retinoic acid and are significantly more stable. This ensures that compounded products maintain the targeted levels of vitamin A for longer. Research work has shown that retinyl acetate is at least as, or even more effective (relatively) than retinoic acid 23 possibly because it penetrates the epidermis more efficiently than retinoic acid. The importance of these particular cosmetic retinoid esters is that they give much the same results as the pharmaceutical form retinoic acid, but are much less irritant on skin and hence patients are more likely to use them regularly. Interestingly enough, the proponents of retinoic acid have also shown evidence that lower doses of vitamin A acid in the long run have similar effects to maximum levels but of course have fewer side effect"

MemberMember
(@iceman21)

Posted : 11/25/2006 7:19 pm

I once tried putting just regular vitamin A topically on my face and it made me break out extremely bad! dont do it, it was one of the worst days of my life. It could have been because the vitamin A capsule I took was cod liver oil ewwwww. And yeah, you can OD and die on vitamin A so dont take too much!

MemberMember
(@ethanol)

Posted : 11/26/2006 10:40 am

I once tried putting just regular vitamin A topically on my face and it made me break out extremely bad! dont do it, it was one of the worst days of my life. It could have been because the vitamin A capsule I took was cod liver oil ewwwww. And yeah, you can OD and die on vitamin A so dont take too much!

If you took the reqular 5,000 to 10,000 IU vitamin A softgel capsules, you would definitely break out coz they are based on cod-liver oil and they smell kinda fishy too. You should use the Sanofi-Sythelabo "AFAXIN brand" 50,000 IU on your face coz it is based on a different oil base formula. You can only OD and die on Vitamin A if you take it orally, if you apply it topically then there is no danger about it.

Like i said if you are going to apply Topical Vitamin A, better get the "RETINYL ACETATE" or "RETINOL ACETATE" version as they work faster and would never cause you to break out coz they are water based as well as water soluble version of vitamin A. It is even 10X better than the VItamincure brand but they are sure hell hard to find and alot more expensive. But hey if you want results then you should pay for it.