Notifications
Clear all

Topical Vitamin A?

MemberMember
(@cursedskin)

Posted : 01/28/2007 9:59 am

topical vitamin a brought out one of the worst breakouts of my life. avoid this shit like the plague.

MemberMember
(@the-great-reizo)

Posted : 05/25/2007 5:07 pm

I just wanna ask you guys a few things...I took retin A my stupid ass dermatologist for another treatment and retin a just erupted my face and now im treating scarring that is mild...I would like to try this vitamin A cure topical since it's ive heard it gets good results...but tell me is it gonna cause the side effects that retin A did? I'm thinkin about getting a 15 percent TCA peel for my pigmented acne scars let me know!

MemberMember
(@ethanol)

Posted : 10/27/2007 1:15 am

Hey guys. Just an update on Topical Vitamin-A. for me sebum production is a bit lower than before but it did not completely suppress oil production but at leas i have fewer breakouts now :).. the only thing that i could possibly swear 100% is that topical vitamin-A does really makes the skin softer and has a more refined appearance. Keep testing guys.. By the way i've found another person testing topical vitamin-A and topical beta-carotene check this out. This guy has some interesting stuffs too.. This guy is using Afaxin vitamin-A capsules as i have suggested before.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@alexamore)

Posted : 06/25/2010 12:04 am

I want to try this out. I have body acne on my chest, arms, back, neck, shoulders, and of course my face.

So I found Retinyl Acetate here:

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=86

It says to put it into a cream or lotion. What would be a good cream or lotion? Remember it's going all over my body but money is no object with acne either.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@isabella100)

Posted : 04/03/2011 2:04 am

hmm, so this really works not only to cut down on oil but pretty much stop it altogether? awesome. i was iffy about taking vitamin a supplements but i don't see how a topical application would get to your liver. would it be safe to do the topical and also take a vitamin a supplement, do you think?

MemberMember
(@reti)

Posted : 04/05/2011 1:14 pm

It's hard to kill yourself with too much oral Vitamin A without really trying hard by injecting, eating or drinking something bizarre, but at sufficiently high doses over long enough it can cause adverse health effects. It's definitely something that can dry out your skin and reduce acne, as it was often recommended by derms long before Retin-A and Accutane ever came out. A dozen small gel pills a day over the course of months or years will likely weaken leg bones, harden ligaments & tendons in the feet, stress the liver, and produce headaches. Similar to the effects of isotrentinoin.

It seems to be a myth that some acne treatments will first directly make you worse before they make you better because they're "bringing out" the acne that was underneath. Accutane appears to do that indirectly because people stop doing their normal routine when they begin.

In my experience, mineral oil and petroleum jelly are less pore-clogging than jojoba oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, and a lot of the "natural oils" people say are noncomedogenic. Vitamin A topicals isn't a bad idea, it's just a bad base it's in. There are also creams and gels they could probably suspend the retinyl palmitate in, too. They could just be using strait retinol or one of other non-prescription As. Most A products, though, are way too weak or contain SAL acid or BP in it that de-activates the A.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 8:01 pm

thanks wally! i am not going to put vitamin a on my skin but i will start juicing dem carrots up as obama would say. i will juice up dem carrots and put it on my face. i have only done this once in my life and it made my face look really orange. i will stick with it for 2 months and see if it works because honestly i have nothing else to use right now topically and this makes sense since its like retinol. if i purge tonight then i know its gonna work!