Notifications
Clear all

i've gotten clear from coconut oil

MemberMember
(@astherushcomes)

Posted : 06/26/2006 12:29 am

so I should buy the extra virgin cold press coco oil?

Am I suppose to drink it as a liquid or just swallow as a solid? How do I keep it in liquid form?

Also I heard people are putting it in there shakes. I make soy smoothies all the time so is it ok if I add 1 spoon on my smoothies?

MemberMember
(@marrakech)

Posted : 06/26/2006 3:46 pm

I take at least 6 table spoons of coconut oil and have been trying to limit my carbohydrates. I never expted it to be candida. The pimples that I do get now are not cysts, and when i do get a pimple it goes away in one day, the coconut oil that i rub on the spot heals it faster. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately though cuz it has worked for me...and no big cysts at all, just little white dots.

Trust me try this, I would like for someone to try this as well and see what other things they do to improve my regimen too.

I haven't really washed either and i'm still clear. I have jacked off a lot too and still clear. Now I know how to keep my acne under control.

6 TBS thats alot. That stuff is expensive. Anyhow, When you apply it to skin it heals wrinkles!! ;)

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 06/26/2006 4:04 pm

so I should buy the extra virgin cold press coco oil?

Am I suppose to drink it as a liquid or just swallow as a solid? How do I keep it in liquid form?

Also I heard people are putting it in there shakes. I make soy smoothies all the time so is it ok if I add 1 spoon on my smoothies?

Do you know how to cook? Learn to cook with it if you do, using it things like stir fries, baking, etc. It basically does a superior job of replacing almost any other fat/oil. If you don't know how to cook, just make something like a canned soup and add however much coconut oil you want in. Adding it into a smoothie is fine. It goes liquid after 76 degrees, so in this hot ass summer weather it may stay liquid in your house. Even if it's solid though, the heat created from a blender could break it down to liquid.

MemberMember
(@connie08)

Posted : 07/06/2007 1:26 am

I take at least 6 table spoons of coconut oil and have been trying to limit my carbohydrates. I never expted it to be candida. The pimples that I do get now are not cysts, and when i do get a pimple it goes away in one day, the coconut oil that i rub on the spot heals it faster. I have been eating a lot of junk food lately though cuz it has worked for me...and no big cysts at all, just little white dots.

Trust me try this, I would like for someone to try this as well and see what other things they do to improve my regimen too.

I haven't really washed either and i'm still clear. I have jacked off a lot too and still clear. Now I know how to keep my acne under control.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 07/06/2007 9:02 am

cocunut oil? Where do I get that?

MemberMember
(@cory22)

Posted : 07/10/2007 2:52 pm

I went to get some today... I found a jar for like 16 bucks at GNC but they had some at WalMart in the cooking oil aisle for like 3.25 for a big container (1 quart) so I just bought that. It says 100% pure and natural on it and the only ingredient listed is coconut oil. Can I just take this or is there a difference?

It smells nothing like coconuts and tastes like ass though.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 07/10/2007 2:59 pm

I went to get some today... I found a jar for like 16 bucks at GNC but they had some at WalMart in the cooking oil aisle for like 3.25 for a big container (1 quart) so I just bought that. It says 100% pure and natural on it and the only ingredient listed is coconut oil. Can I just take this or is there a difference?

MemberMember
(@cory22)

Posted : 07/10/2007 3:06 pm

Is rated "Organic Virgin Coconut Oil" ? And what is the brand?

You probably bought some industrial cooking coconut oil which goes to such a horrendous process that pretty much all the health benefits are gone and you end up eating nothing but extra calories.

And even this type of heavily processed coconut oil is still 100% coconut oil and labeling it like that is not illegal. You're just not getting any of the health benefits.

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 07/10/2007 3:14 pm

Is rated "Organic Virgin Coconut Oil" ? And what is the brand?

You probably bought some industrial cooking coconut oil which goes to such a horrendous process that pretty much all the health benefits are gone and you end up eating nothing but extra calories.

And even this type of heavily processed coconut oil is still 100% coconut oil and labeling it like that is not illegal. You're just not getting any of the health benefits.

MemberMember
(@paba)

Posted : 08/18/2007 5:50 pm

Here's a very interesting site with lots of positive reports about the health effects of virgin cocount oil:

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/coconut_oil.html

Quite a lot of people are reporting less acne!

I've been taking virgin coconut oil myself for the past 10 days and I definitely see an improvement in my skin.

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 05/20/2008 11:59 am

Was just wondering if everyone who got some coconut oil were still taking it and if it helped with there acne at all?

Also, will this one be okay to take? http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/...t_Oil_400g.html

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 05/20/2008 2:33 pm

Was just wondering if everyone who got some coconut oil were still taking it and if it helped with there acne at all?

Also, will this one be okay to take? http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/...t_Oil_400g.html

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 05/20/2008 5:02 pm

If you just take it internally will it help with dry skin at all? Or do you have to apply it to your skin for it to benefit that?

MemberMember
(@blashy)

Posted : 05/20/2008 5:04 pm

If you just take it internally will it help with dry skin at all? Or do you have to apply it to your skin for it to benefit that?
MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 05/22/2008 11:42 am

Applying it externally will do some good on dry skin, you will feel the soothing right away.

But to get at the root of the problem you need to ingest it.

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 05/22/2008 11:50 am

Also just wondering is it best to get it to melt if i am going to be applying it to my face? I just took some and its quite hard at the moment, and cant really imagine rubbing that into my skin.

MemberMember
(@greyfoxzero)

Posted : 07/31/2008 11:30 pm

The low down on Coconut oil is that it should be Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil. It has many extremely powerful compounds that are great against Candida yeast, these compounds are Lauric Acid, Caprylic Acid, and Capric Acid. 1 Tbsp has 6930mg lauric, 1050mg Caprylic, and 882 mg Capric. These are better known as MCT's or medium chain Triglycerides. Candida Yeast literally lose there protective outer layer when they come into contact with MCT's thus making what was once such a resistance disease much much easier to fight with the common treatments like pro biotics and supplements like garlic or Pau D'arco. Also someone mentioned it doesnt have omega fatty acids, thats not accurate, it has Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid 266mg) and Omega 9(Oleic acid 1050mg) per Tbsp. There is tons of research that shows Extra virgin Coconut Oil as being extremely good for your heart and excellent at reducing cholesterol. Also this next bit may seem counterintuitive but it is a weight loss supplement. Yes i said weight loss supplement. Turns out that Coconut oil is very unique in the oil world since it causes your body to do something called thermogenesis, this means it raises the rate it burns calories and makes more energy and heat from these calories. The right levels for Coconut oil is about 3 tbsps to 3.5 tbsps a day. Any more and i doubt you would see more benefits. As for acne, if your acne is link to Candida yeast which surprisingly it usually is, most likely due to all the antibiotics in the world harming the levels of the helpful bacteria in your stomach that keep Candida in check, then its a great supplement. Also many people say they hate the taste, well heres a great way to get it down, I use Skippy Natural peanut butter, the one with the gold taste label, its really good peanut butter, anyway mix about 2 parts peanut butter with 1 part coconut oil. It tastes great and reminds me of chik o stix candy or the inside of a butter finger. Also you can add it to smoothies too, just know it will resolidify in the cold so blend it in well. I have been seeing drastic results with my skin while taking it and i have noticed i feel better and it seems to make everything just work better ie joints , digestion, energy levels, hair shine, etc. I do have to make a warning that if you have candida then you will have die off symptoms for a few days since it is so effective against it. I have been on a Candida diet for acne and this is my secret weapon, tried probiotics and supplements which worked but this pushes it over the edge. I would adv staying on a good diet to get the most out of Coconut oil. Also i havent tried putting in on my face, why would i need too? It works great from the inside. I use Barleans Extra virgin and its about 15 dollars a pound. Lasts awhile too. Seriously its worth a shot it works for me.

MemberMember
(@riomar)

Posted : 08/01/2008 8:07 pm

my cocout oil is from spectrum naturals and is labled organic, refined, and expeller pressed.

is this not good againt candida since it does NOT say extra virgin?

MemberMember
(@greyfoxzero)

Posted : 08/01/2008 11:32 pm

my cocout oil is from spectrum naturals and is labled organic, refined, and expeller pressed.

Virgin and extra virgin should be the same. Also I have noticed I dont need as much as i thought, 1 tbsp seems to be enough. It seems to help with old scars too, cold expeller pressed means no heat was used to make it which is good. I will post anything new if something changes but for now it is working well. Its weird that something you would think would be bad (oil and fat) is actually the opposite.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 08/01/2008 11:35 pm

Virgin and extra virgin should be the same. Also I have noticed I dont need as much as i thought, 1 tbsp seems to be enough. It seems to help with old scars too, cold expeller pressed means no heat was used to make it which is good. I will post anything new if something changes but for now it is working well. Its weird that something you would think would be bad (oil and fat) is actually the opposite.

Only oils ( coconut ) is good? not non oil coconut?

I bought Organic Organic coconut sliced.... not oil..

is it good to eat it? dunno what to use this for

MemberMember
(@ryudoadema)

Posted : 08/02/2008 12:07 pm

Not good. Get organic, extra-virgin, unrefined, undeoderized, expeller pressed. Pretty much any health-food store that carries coconut oil has it.

for candida, only the oil is good- anything else has sugar and carbs. The oil has the antifungal properties more concentrated as well.

MemberMember
(@bloomgirl)

Posted : 10/13/2008 7:09 pm

Not good. Get organic, extra-virgin, unrefined, undeoderized, expeller pressed. Pretty much any health-food store that carries coconut oil has it.

for candida, only the oil is good- anything else has sugar and carbs. The oil has the antifungal properties more concentrated as well.

I bought Spectrum Virgin Coconut Oil Refined for my first coconut oil use. I used it for my scalp though, not face. After one day use, my face and neck broke out!!! it's like I had these tiny little pimples. I never had it so bad before. So scary....I wonder whether it is because refined instead of unrefined. I am not sure if that really makes a difference. But I did not give up. I changed to another brand: Garden of Life, ordered from iherb.com. Everday I wash my face with Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil, followed by coconut oil on my neck ( sorry, still too scared to put it on my face!)and olive oil for face. For evening, same routine, but I carefully pat my neck with cotton washcloth just to take extra coconut oil off.

My face is clear and smooth now (I guess olive oil works better for my face??), and my neck is actually clearing up too. Oh, I also take 2 - 3 tablespoons of coconut oil everyday.

I can't wait for winter. My face is usually so dry in winter... I hope this routine will help

MemberMember
(@ryudoadema)

Posted : 10/13/2008 9:17 pm

I bought Spectrum Virgin Coconut Oil Refined for my first coconut oil use. I used it for my scalp though, not face. After one day use, my face and neck broke out!!! it's like I had these tiny little pimples. I never had it so bad before. So scary....I wonder whether it is because refined instead of unrefined. I am not sure if that really makes a difference. But I did not give up. I changed to another brand: Garden of Life, ordered from iherb.com. Everday I wash my face with Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil, followed by coconut oil on my neck ( sorry, still too scared to put it on my face!)and olive oil for face. For evening, same routine, but I carefully pat my neck with cotton washcloth just to take extra coconut oil off.

My face is clear and smooth now (I guess olive oil works better for my face??), and my neck is actually clearing up too. Oh, I also take 2 - 3 tablespoons of coconut oil everyday.

I can't wait for winter. My face is usually so dry in winter... I hope this routine will help

I've heard from this site

that using coconut oil on the skin may flare up acne or other rashes and irritations before it starts to help it. Keep us updated...

MemberMember
(@demorph)

Posted : 10/14/2008 1:06 pm

i'm going the coconut route now:-)

MemberMember
(@jacjack)

Posted : 10/15/2008 12:55 am

Yah no doubt coconut oil has given me great effects, I think it has also helped with my circulation, i'm more focused, my skin does look less wrinkly, and shit no pimples really unless I eat high GI carbohydrates, I just started like 2 and a half weelks ago on this.

Now the questions I have for you guys, I'm still improving my regime so I know which carbohydrates trigger my acne. I really dont think oily skin has to do anything with acne, my dad's face was really oil but his skin was never really blemished. But he ate a lot of bad things so think he fuked me up from the beginning.

I"m still wondering whether oats breaks me out, but I do think it does because of the gluten because I get a head ache after I eat it. I wrote it in my journales before but for some reason I'm still not convinced. I did stop oatmeal like 4 days ago so I can't really see whether this has helped me.

I'm also wondering if the quick brown rice breaks me out or not. I'm not too sure on what to eat for a low GI carbohydrate that is not fruits, and I'm weight lifting so eating less could fuk up my muscles.

right now Im experiment with wild rice and spelt flour bread. I"m also eating sweet potatoes.

Another thing I wanted to tell you guys that, you should try to keep the coconut oil from extreme heat and seal it tight because it can become rancid if not taken well care off. The small unsaturated fats in the coconut oil is what makes it rancid smell. I couldn't eat this, I had to throw what was left.

Tell me how its going with you guys. I'm also considering eating more proteins instead of carbs but proteins are more expensive.

oat is medium to high in GI index

afterall it's a carb food...1/4 cup has I think more than 20g carb

and nono on rice / any kind of flour ( unless it's carbquik and almond flour/coconut flour..those are the low carb verison of baking)

potato is one of the highest GI index food.....if u just want the taste...I suggest steam cauliflower and then mash them...taste much better than potato but still has a potato-like texture and like 10 times lower carb~