Notifications
Clear all

i've gotten clear from coconut oil

MemberMember
(@ms-lovely)

Posted : 11/18/2008 5:40 pm

I just started taking coconut oil today! I've been reading acne.org posts for two years now and I actually decided to make an account lol. Anyway, I went to the dermatologist last week and she gave me MORE mino (antiboitics) and Duac AGAIN..even though I have tried these MORE than once!! The mino was making me sick, and the Duac is just retarded. I have finially decided to go "natual". Im gonna be taking 4 tbls. coconut oil everyday, and 4-5 tbls. apple cider vinegar in my waterbottle everyday. I just don't know what "natural" topical to use now. I had used Tea Tree oil in the past, and I was thinking about trying that again.

Any ideas?

I also know I need to fix my diet, which I am going to do. No more sugars for me!!

Peace :)

( oh yeah, according to the derm, I have moderate/severe acne. And I've had acne for about 10 years now.)

MemberMember
(@shume)

Posted : 04/11/2009 3:56 pm

my cocout oil is from spectrum naturals and is labled organic, refined, and expeller pressed.

is this not good againt candida since it does NOT say extra virgin?

Spectrum also makes an unrefined oil. The jar label says "Expeller Pressed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil." Underneath this, it says "Unrefined." This is the kind I bought after reading elsewhere on the internet about someone who'd used it to treat perioral dermatitis. That's what I'm using it for, both internally and topically. It's been less than a week, but so far, I have noticed improvement in my skin and my energy levels.

MemberMember
(@klp11289)

Posted : 04/13/2009 11:53 am

I know you said your weightlifting and you think taking carbs out will put you at a disadvantage in muscle building but my boyfriend is a bodybuilder... he lives in california and hes done a few shows out there...alot of bodybuilders dont eat many carbohydrates and they still get big you know... your body can run on two main fuels...glucose (energy from carbohydrate) or on your own bodyfat burned as energy. If you choose a very low carb diet coupled with high fat/moderate protein intake you CAN add muscle while reducing bodyfat. This is the diet that most all bodybuilders use about 2 weeks before a show to get completely shredded. And you wont have acne either if you issue is sugar/candida related like mine. You don't need carbohydrates to bulk up- just keep your fat intake high instead. oh yeah... and if your worried about the cost of switching from carb foods to potein/fats as your dietary staple...DONT. you wont be able to eat much if your not eating carbs. (i wont lie here) i have the appetite of a 200 pound man and low or no carbing curbs my appetite so much that i often end up eating one maybe two meals for the day. So money wise it will balance out after the first week.

goodluck<3

MemberMember
(@acnecare_)

Posted : 04/13/2009 1:33 pm

is this true that fruits could cause me my acne if its related to candida??

MemberMember
(@deadonfive)

Posted : 04/13/2009 2:28 pm

Candida feeds on the sugars found in fruit. It won't directly give you acne, but it will keep alive the candida which may or may not be causing your acne. Candida diets are zero-sugar.

MemberMember
(@paul25)

Posted : 04/13/2009 3:00 pm

Some claim its the sugar that candida feeds on, but others say it is fat, im sure theres other suggestions as well. There are people who have eaten mainly a fruit and veg diet to get rid of there candida so it makes it believeable. I know fats make my face worse and i have taken antibiotics over a lengthy time so its more than likely i have candida, im going to give up fats for a while to see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@vitaminl)

Posted : 04/15/2009 11:48 am

When I take a table spoon of coconut oil before bed I can notice the difference in the morning. My skin is way less inflamed, more moisturized, complexion is more even and smoother. The only reason I've been putting it off is because I got tired of the taste. I'll try again today.

MemberMember
(@seymour)

Posted : 06/30/2009 12:44 pm

Can you take it in a glass of water?

MemberMember
(@xboxfreak)

Posted : 07/03/2009 12:54 pm

I just recently started trying to eat 3-6 TBSP of coconut oil a day. A great way I found to take it is put it in my protein shake. I can get a large amount in there and not really taste it that much. I also use it to cook with.

MemberMember
(@thunder-storm)

Posted : 09/17/2009 11:52 am

Hmm i bought coconut oil in the hope that it would clear up my acne...however it didnt. Infact i think the oil wasnt good for my skin. Not that it went into my pours, but it wouldnt dry in so it was attracting anything that would stick to my face. When i went to sleep with it on it would just smudge about and probably pick up all the bacteria from my pillow. I wouldnt use it again not for my face anyway, i like the feeling of fresh smooth skin, not oily itchy skin. It was great for my skin on my body though, very smooth, and great for my hair. But for face? no.

Anyone know of a good acne medication? like an anti biotic that actually works?

MemberMember
(@krneki)

Posted : 09/18/2009 7:28 pm

Can somebody explain how to use coconut oil and how much per day? I've read that some people use it topically and some people eat it by tablespoon. What is actually recommended?

MemberMember
(@thunder-storm)

Posted : 09/19/2009 6:10 am

In all honesty i wouldnt use this again. It really depends on what kind of skin you have to predict how it will react on your skin. I have oily skin that is prone to acne, and i tried this thinking it would be a nice natural remedy for my blemishes. But i was wrong. It was oily in feeling on my skin, it didnt break me out but it didnt make them better. However! Coconut oil is good to use every now and then on your body! Your face is too sensitive, but if you put it on your skin before you go to bed after a bath youl wake up with smooth hydrated skin. And!! Putting it on your hair as a mask also works wonders! :)

Its a shame something so natural and cheap doesnt really help acne. I wouldnt rule out its health benefits by consuming it. The eating it by spoonfuls sounds better. You have to think of your skin as the surface! You have to get rid of oil and built up dirt on the surface, but from the inside you need to give your skin the nutrients it needs! As well with olive oil, i think the two oils should be something you put in the body not on your face.

If you have acne, it would be best to invest in a good acne moisturiser and get an antibiotic gel from your GP. Also consider changing your pill, or be put on an oral antibiotic :) Good luck!

MemberMember
(@krneki)

Posted : 09/21/2009 5:49 am

I've been using Skinoren acidum azelaicum for few years now, but it didn't do much on my skin. However, I decided to try out coconut oil, both topicaly and oral. Should I use Skinoren along with coconut oil?

MemberMember
(@thunder-storm)

Posted : 09/21/2009 8:04 am

I've been using Skinoren acidum azelaicum for few years now, but it didn't do much on my skin. However, I decided to try out coconut oil, both topicaly and oral. Should I use Skinoren along with coconut oil?

Yeah why not :) the cocnut oil wont do any harm to your skin. But i think the best acne treatment is Duac antibiotic gel. Iv been using it for a few days and notice a big difference already, have never got this fast of results with antibiotics. :)

MemberMember
(@dlx)

Posted : 04/28/2010 2:02 pm

has any purged from starting this i dont know if i am or not really.i just started taking coconut oil 2 days ago like 2-3 tablespoons a day and i kinda notice some spots starting but i dont know.and i havent changed anything other than that so.

MemberMember
(@zanpakutou)

Posted : 04/29/2010 4:07 pm

For the people this has worked for, did you have oily skin before using EVCO (internally)? If so, did the EVCO help normalize your skin so that it became less oily?

I've actually been using EVCO for a while because I'm trying to increase my saturated fat intake while reducing my unsaturated fat. It seemed to be working to an extent but I had some relapses (eating crap) due to work and eating convenient food.

MemberMember
(@zillamosnta)

Posted : 05/03/2010 9:31 am

How is this working for people???

I want to start it today. I have oily skin. My back is the main problem...only like 2-3 zits since ive been using head and shoulders with a loofah but i still have tons of red marks. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@hesitation)

Posted : 05/03/2010 11:22 am

How does coconut oil taste? Like coconut?

MemberMember
(@uncle-buck)

Posted : 05/03/2010 11:44 am

Yep. Smells like coconut at least, the taste is a bit more plain and oily. It varies a bit from brand to brand too.

MemberMember
(@justwannabefree)

Posted : 05/10/2010 9:13 pm

I started using coconut oil after reading that another user on this forum got clear off of it.

I've been using it for maybe two months now? And I must say that I am pleased with the results. Of course, I started doing a whole bunch of other stuff at the same time I started using coconut oil so I cannot say definitively that this was the sole cause for the improvement in my skin condition but I would like to say it definitely contributed some.

In any case, I take 2 tablespoons a day (I can't take 3... I get sick) and I mix it with a health drink I drink every night before I go to bed. I also apply it on my face before going to sleep and the nape of my neck where I have recently been getting some flakey and painful bumps but have since substantially subsided. (I don't use it in the morning because it makes your face really oily looking.)

I had an initial break out of several small whiteheads (particularly around the mouth area) which lasted about 1-2 weeks just FYI.

It has also helped, although hasn't completely resolved, the oily skin issue. I cope by carrying around a pack of portable face wipes and use them if I find my face is feeling greasy.

Hope this helps? Btw I use Nutiva brand coconut oil.

Another edit: I experienced a bout of upset stomach/diarrhea for the first week or so which is apparently meant to be "die off" of all the toxins being expelled from your body.

MemberMember
(@dlx)

Posted : 05/21/2010 4:36 pm

hey idk if anyone is reading this anymore but this is my first solid week on coconut oil and i was wondering if anyone has experienced a major improvement as far as less acne or faster healing.because ive noticed a little speedier healing and have noticed my tongue is less white(the oral thrush) which i believe was a sign of candida.but im sick right now so once the cold is gone i hope this helps prevent or stop major breakouts.

MemberMember
(@syri)

Posted : 12/13/2010 1:56 am

Just started taking this 4 or 5 days ago. I eat 2 to 3 tbsp. a day, and apply topically at night. When I wake up in the morning my face looks great, non inflammed and even the fine lines on my face are disappearing. I did break out a little though, more like clogged pores coming to the surface then anything infected. I believe that it is cleansing my skin from the inside out, as well as moisturizing. I also smooth this all over my body and in my hair. I really do love it.

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 03/02/2011 5:32 pm

Just started taking this 4 or 5 days ago. I eat 2 to 3 tbsp. a day, and apply topically at night. When I wake up in the morning my face looks great, non inflammed and even the fine lines on my face are disappearing. I did break out a little though, more like clogged pores coming to the surface then anything infected. I believe that it is cleansing my skin from the inside out, as well as moisturizing. I also smooth this all over my body and in my hair. I really do love it.

As someone who wants to gain more weight but doesnt want to eat more carbs, i ask would eating two or three tablespoons of coconut oil give me a better chance of weight gain due to its fatty acids.

Candida diets are so limiting when it comes to putting weight on.

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 03/08/2011 2:37 pm

As someone who wants to gain more weight but doesnt want to eat more carbs, i ask would eating two or three tablespoons of coconut oil give me a better chance of weight gain due to its fatty acids.

Bump

MemberMember
(@hunterp)

Posted : 04/05/2011 10:51 pm

Yes! But you don't have to just spoon it in your mouth. There's plenty of different foods you can make with coconut oil, plenty that don't require cooking too. I love to make "coconut bark" which is just frozen coconut oil with macadamia nuts chopped up in it. And if you want to gain weight on a low carb/zero sugar diet then you must eat plenty of protein as well as lots of saturated fat (coconut oil) and monounsaturated fat. This will help slow insulin secretion while increasing testosterone production, as well as give you fuel to burn when working out. You should look into the Primal Blueprint and the Paleo Diet. Check out the website, Mark's Daily Apple, and search for the article 'how to gain weight and build muscle'.