Notifications
Clear all

i've gotten clear from coconut oil

MemberMember
(@korion)

Posted : 06/06/2011 10:13 am

This is really really weird. You guys say coconut oil has a strong taste? It tastes like a cookie to me... Garlic tastes kinda strong but not that much. I can also eat lemons without making a face. Or eat tablespoons of cayenne peppers in my dishes and not be impressed.

How come I'm so insensitive to strong taste :D? Maybe it's a good thing. My acne is going away anyways.

MemberMember
(@fuxyouacne)

Posted : 09/15/2011 1:33 pm

I have eaten coconut oil for the past month and havent completely rid my acne. And I have dieted strictly to try and help. It had a strong cleansing effect at first, but now I think candida is the problem and the coconut oil itself cant competely get rid of it. Coconut oil is GREATTT though, it didnt work as well as I'd hoped topically, but still very good internally and am confident it will continue to help my skin get better and better as I do this candida cleanse to rid my acne once and for all.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 09/16/2011 12:53 am

So I just finished reading this whole thread, and luckily I had some organic extra virgin coconut oil in my refrigerator and it's expelled too or whatever(: I went down and had to let it turn to liquid but it took to long so I just got a spoon full and ate it. It was so good! It smells good too! Like coconuts! Obviously haha! I was a little grossed out because it's an oil and I'm scarred from drinking 200 ml of olive oil after a detox =\ so all oils freak me out and I was scared I would react the same and throw up from disgust. Not at all. This was a pleasant experience and I'm looking forward to doing it(: I'll keep you guys updated! Does it matter if I eat it straight or mix it in a shake? I want the best benefit and if eating it straight is it, then I'm doing it(:

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 09/16/2011 1:42 am

I'm wanting to start taking coconut oil again but not wanting to put on weight. :/

I'm a little confused as my research is getting contradictive saying coconut oil can help with losing weight and has helped some people but then obviously it's oil so wouldn't you gain?

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 09/16/2011 2:20 am

Coconut oil won't make you gain weight unless you're eating heaps of it.

It may help you lose weight because the MCTs in the coconut oil are made into ketones in the body, which may artificially enter the body into a state of ketosis (fat burning.) This is why many people on carbohydrate-restricted diets such as Atkins add coconut oil or MCT oil into their diets because it's thought that it makes it easier to enter ketosis and stay there.

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 09/16/2011 5:18 am

thankyou for your help :)

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 09/16/2011 10:52 am

What's a heap =\ I don't want to gain weight! Haha

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 09/16/2011 10:57 am

WOW. So I just went to the bathroom from waking up! I can already see a difference from the coconut oil! My redness has gone down drastically! I ate I don't even know how much coconut oil cuz it was solid. Which made it seem like I was eating candy it was so good. I ate like about the size of a rock that landscapes the front of peoples houses. I also put a spot treatment on some of my pimples and it looks so good this morning! Skin always looks good in the morning but today it was extra great! I'm off to eat more coconut oil and gym time! Bye!

Oh quick note too! I also washedy face last night with castor oil and a hint of olive oil and did that whole towel steam to your face three times then applied coconut oil as a spot treatment so that could be it too. Irregardless they both helped. This is drastic.

MemberMember
(@tomasson)

Posted : 10/10/2012 12:29 pm

Guys, I've heard that taking coconut can't entirely kill candida because it gets used to it after some time. Is that true?

MemberMember
(@emepham)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:52 pm

I have been applying coconut oil to my face but it has just been breaking me out. Would eating it work better? And how much should you eat?

MemberMember
(@rich43)

Posted : 11/16/2012 8:15 pm

Why is coconut/oil good for acne sufferers if it is highly inflamatory and high in saturated fat?

please see http://nutritiondata...-and-oils/508/2

I thought that it was better to stay away from highly inflamatory foods.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 11/16/2012 9:35 pm

So I have used these coconut oil listed in my preference of taste:

1. http://www.coconutoil-online.com - really tastes like coconut.

2. Nutiva- green label.

3. jarrow- green label.

These come around $13 dollars at health food stores. Make sure you buy them organic virgin oil,(the "extra" word in them doesn't realy matter, as long as its virgin). You save a lot of money by buying it online, haven't done any research on any other websites, but coconut oil online is good if you buy bulk.

HOW I USE IT:

I eat about two table spoons per meal, except when I eat protein. So about 2 table spoons every 3 hours, dont go overboard on this, you just have to try how much your body can handle because you can get diarreah or it be bad if you have high blood pressure.

I tried putting it all over my face but it clogged my pores. Now I only used it after a pimple has popped open, it heals really fast!

Now why do I think I have candida? After trying everything, this is the only thing that has keeped my acne in check along with using facedoctor soap ( for hyperkeratization, really exfoliates with out the harsh damage of exfoliaters because its not a exfoliator, it just makes the skin softer so your dead skin cells just fall off)

Why do I have candida? My acne gets really worse after eating sugars, which is what candida lives on. I also get very fatigued. It has helped with this as well. My mouth does have candida issues too and slowly it has been returning to its normal state, but now I can see the blisters at the back of my throat which can arise from candida issues.

currently my diet consists of:

coconut oil

tuna, chicken, vegetables-not starchy, coconut milk, oats, I eat 2 tortillas after I work out to get a high GI food. That is about it. It has only been 2 weeks and I have seen results. It does amaze me but I think my candida was over growing today because of all the bad shit I have been putting in my body plus the alcohol! But now I'm back to eating none of that stuff and it will be under control tomorrow.

I"m currently trying to find to see if rolled oats could be a factor of my acne or not because of the gluten, but I don't know what else to it that is low in GI and glutten free. I can't eat fruit because candida does feed of it because it spoils in intestines if you have constipation issues.

What I also want to experiment is with grapeseed extract and garlic, I have read in this website under reviews of products that some poeple have gotten cured off garlic as well because it also inhibits candida overgrowth. I also need to take good bacteria enzymes and Ill have really really clear skin. ( I have my acne under control but I do get occasional pimples that go way fast if I abuse my routine)

I use grapeseed oil as a moisturizer and will not use annnnything else anymore. I believe I have candida overgrowth as well but Candex isn't working completely. I'll have to give this coconut oil thing a try. Sucks that I have to buy everything online nowadays. But it is much cheaper.

I'm glad you found something that works for you!