Zinc

7.1%

Used Zinc? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
October 22, 2017
A disappointment for female hormonal acne.
So I have waiting exactly 3 weeks from the start date of taking Zinc Picolinate 75mg daily before leaving a review. I am female, age 28, moderate to severe hormonal acne for 15 years. I can say with confidence that this dosage of Zinc has done absolutely nothing for my skin. It is exactly as bad (if not very slightly worse) than it was 3 weeks ago. I am truly disappointed, as I wanted this to be the natural fix that so many have said it was for them - or at least see some difference, but no. I am now left wondering whether to try upping the dose or to just quit altogether. I can report though that I've had no bad side effects from this dose - and that I have been taking copper also, to make sure my levels don't drop, so no problems there. If I have any further revelations I will come back to share!

4 user(s) found this helpful

December 28, 2017
Maybe try a lesser dosage. Some studies have shown benefits with dosages between 30 & 50 mg.
September 10, 2017
Right Dosage for Zinc
How much zinc should I take? Is it good for me to take 50mg? I have pimples but not that severe, my breakout is every other day and what combination of vitamins is best for acne? Thankyou.

1 user(s) found this helpful

October 14, 2017
Zinc is an essential trace element for humans, and there is evidence that it is similar to antibiotics in improving the condition of inflamed acne. The effective dosage is not clear. However, most studies indicate 50-100mg. We advise you not to take any more than 100mg because excessive zinc may lead to deficiencies in other vitamins and minerals. These supplements can upset your stomach. To prevent nausea, always take Zinc with food. We are also recommending that you discontinue taking the zinc once you are completely clear. We are not suggesting this as a preventative.
September 4, 2017
good addition to skin routine
I started taking zinc gluconate tablets a couple of months ago now, they're not too expensive so I thought id give them a go instead of piling more products onto my skin. I live in the uk and got my tablets from Holland and Barrett , I have generally seen an improvement in my skin and the amount of breakouts I've been getting recently has reduced however its difficult for me to tell whether this is a result of the zinc or a combination of other factors as I've been altering my skincare routine a decent bit recently and introducing a few new products. overall I think it may have helped my skin at least a little and thats good enough for me. it might work better for you but since its not much of an investment ill probably keep taking them.

1 user(s) found this helpful

June 28, 2017
Dooo it
26, moderate breakouts. 1 Zinc Chelate tablet a day 25mg. My skin hasn't been this clear in 12 years. Where has this been all my life?

30 user(s) found this helpful

November 29, 2017
how long does it take for you to get the result? is it weeks or months. thank you
June 26, 2017
Not sure
I thought this worked for some time, but then nothing changed. It didn't make it worse but definitely didn't cure my skin from acne.

2 user(s) found this helpful

Zinc helps my acne.
I'm 23. I have been taking 250 mg of Zinc Gluconate for about 5 months. My acne condition has improved overall. The improvement has not been much, but still significant ( around 33% more clear ). Zinc is definitely worth trying if you have acne.
May 7, 2017
First Online Review Ever Because This Worked For me
28, 10 years w adult acne, vegetarian (so lacked Zinc in my diet). Less than a week on 50 mg of Zinc (bottle doesn't specify the type) and my skin has dramatically improved. Strongly recommend this!! Made me start my period early because Zinc impacts the menstruation cycle but worth it for having clear skin. SO much easier/cheaper/more effective than the dozens of other products I've tried. TRY IT!

28 user(s) found this helpful

October 16, 2017
Hi. ( im not sure if I already posted, acne.org signed me out so if this is a duplicate I apologize) I'm glad zinc has worked for you! I am a new vegetarian and have recently developed a lot of cystic acne. I am wondering if zinc is still working for you and if you recommend taking any other vitamins? I don't eat meat, fish, or dairy. Thanks for your help!
April 23, 2017
Works like accutane without the side effects!
PROS: Started working after two days. I stopped breaking out. CONS: Current acne took forever to go away, like (a month) NOTE: I do break out once in a while, but not because of Zinc. It was more my diet, but even if i do breakout now, they are very small and usually does not surface, and if it does, it is a very small pimple that comes to a head the next day.

20 user(s) found this helpful

June 28, 2017
Congrats dude! What form, and dosage, do you use? I have just started with zinc piliconate at 22mg
February 25, 2017
Try It!
Hopefully this is the comment that makes you go: "Alright I'll give it a try!". One of the 600+ comments on here was that one for me, and I can't thank enough the person who took the time to write it! Good Luck!

27 user(s) found this helpful

February 20, 2017
Stops breakout but doesn't cure..
I started taking zinc (50) and vitamin d3 (2200)tablets and vitamin c (1000 wit rose hip) twice a day it stopped breakout , in this two months I have had very few breakdouts that disappeared in 2-3days but it didn't do anything to my red marks on face it still looks the same when I started taking ...

9 user(s) found this helpful

September 1, 2018
It’s not going to do anything for red marks! Marks will go away with time... expoliating accelerates the process!