Neutrogena : Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15

Brand:
Reviews
3.6
233 Reviews

Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (3%).

Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer.

23.6%
37.3%
21%
12%

Used Neutrogena : Oil-Free Moisture with Sunscreen SPF 15? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
November 15, 2016
Was great until they messed with the formula
I used this product for over 20 years until recently, when they messed with the formula. it worked great with Retina-A. Then I started noticing tingling, redness, burning around the eyes and that annoying watermelon smell. Good bye Moisture... Bring back the old formula and I will be a customer again. From the poor reviews, it sounds like this cost improvement backfired on so many levels.

3 user(s) found this helpful

September 11, 2014
broke me out
triggered a breakout on my face. too greasy for my type of skin (sensitive)

August 16, 2014
Oily for me
I've read reviews that this moisturizer is light and as said on the label: oil free. But for me,it really felt heavy and oily when I apply it. Just half an hour after applying it, my face will turn so greasy. I had some minor breakouts, small comedones erupted in my cheeks. I won't throw this one away but I'll probably use it as a lotion instead.

1 user(s) found this helpful

July 8, 2014
Ouch!
I threw this out after a few uses due to the product stinging my eyes. Not happy! I am currently searching for a good sunscreen/spf oil free face product...

4 user(s) found this helpful

November 27, 2013
Oxybenzone made my eyes sting and skin to breakout

Pros:

it's light, goes on easy, not shiny, moisuturizes fine

Cons:

Chemical sun screen stings my face, eyes
broke me out
pricy for a chemical sun screen that stings

I tried Neutrogena SPF 15 again because I liked how light the formula felt and easy to use with the pump compared to Olay's SPF 15 that feels more thicker and no pump. Well again, Neutrogena made my eyes sting after 10 minutes of having the lotion on my face. I tried using it for 2 weeks before having to give up on it because I couldn't even drive my car, it was like pepper spray in my face. I called them and they said some people are allergic to oxybenzone they use. I guess I have to stick to natural SPF like Olay's zinc oxide even though it feels thicker and doesn't moisturize as well.

July 30, 2013
Horrible product

Pros:

non-greasy texture

Cons:

Causes blotches, dry patches, and dark spots
Irritates skin horribly

I've had acne since I was in middle school. I am now a senior in college and I have never had a real problem with blotches on my skin until I started using this product. My skin began to break out in big, red, blotches that would cause that area of my face to swell up. I have never seen a product do this to my skin. I now have dry patches and dark spots left from all of the blotches caused by this product.

Dave
July 11, 2012

Pros:

It's light and spreads easily without heavy, tacky feeling.

Cons:

After several days of use, I noticed my eyes were stinging bad and I was developing clogged white heads on my forehead and nose. It was clear to me that the reaction was from this SPF15.
It looked greasy and shiny on my face

The chemical sunscreen formulation Neutrogena uses gave me a bad reaction. I give this a 1 star rating, because I had to throw it out after a week of use. My eyes were stinging every single day that I used this SPF 15. The day I went back to Olay SPF 15, all of the problems went away. I guess, chemical sunscreens are not for me, or maybe it's Neutrogena's formulation.

1 user(s) found this helpful

Meg
July 8, 2011

Pros:

Sun protection

Cons:

Greasy feel, causes breakouts

I've been spending more time outdoors this summer than usual, so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a try. I don't think I could put "real" sunscreen on my face every day because they all seem to be really oily and my skin is pretty temperamental, but this said "oil-free"... Well after a few weeks I have to saw it's been a bust. My face constantly feels greasy and I've been breaking out despite following the regimen strictly. My moisturizer has been the only thing I've changed in that time. They don't actually list the full ingredients on my bottle but my face tells me that "oil-free" is a fudge of the truth from the marketing folks. In terms of texture and other sunscreeny-ness, I don't see much difference between this and "real" sunscreen. It goes on white and has that sunscreen smell, and it sits heavily on my face.

4 user(s) found this helpful

Brad
November 5, 2007

Pros:

None at all

Cons:

My face is now swolen and broke out worse than ever. It also did nothing for the dryness.. If anything it made it dryer.

Terrible product. DO NOT USE IT