Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar

Brand:
Reviews
3.9
85 Reviews

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

36%

Used Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
June 27, 2019
My HG cleanser

When I was a teenager, I just used water or whatever face wash was in shower of where i was at. Never had any acne, my skin was perfectly balanced. In my early 20’s a friend freaked when I told her I didn’t have a face cleanser. She got me on the Clinique system back then. Years later I developed a rash around my nose & mouth. My dermatologist switched me to cetaphil bar & lotion. My skin cleared right away. In my 30’s I developed hormonal acne. And switched to the cerave lotion.

My skin got drier with different treatments (I should have left it alone!) so I have tried sooo many liquid cleansers for sensitive skin.  They all leave a film on my skin & clog my pores. I’ve read others felt a film from this. I don’t see how, just keep rinsing until it’s all gone.

I use this in the morning with cerave pm, & aveeno baby sensitive sunscreen. then at night I use hemp seed oil, remove with baby wash cloth that’s super soft. Cleanse with this- don’t be quick. Move fingers in small circles all over face a couple times. Rinse very very well. I’m in shower for this, so it’s easy to get it all off. I use Paula’s choice vitamin c or persa gel on spots. Once a week I use dr carvers miracle repair serum I found in my husbands stache & love. It has salicylic acid in it.

This keeps my skin free of bumps & rashes. Every time I have strayed, I regret it. I do want to try the vanicream z bar, since it’s fragrance free & very similar. But I’m afraid to try new things now that my skin has settled down.

Also, if you use witch hazel as a toner, STOP NOW!! After 5 years of that, it did help w actual spots at the time. But it RUINED my skin long term. I have damaged spots & I noticed a change a month after stopping this

February 21, 2018
Loved it
I loved the bar so much. I suggest not using it in the morning considering it makes your face red at first but what I like to do is use my Bioré charcoal cleanser (wash it off) then apply this and massage my face. I end by putting on toner and moisturizer. I have really oily skin and some of these reviews talk about how it is better for dry skin. I found that it got rid of my pimples without fully drying it out and gave a smooth texture at the end. It really just depends if it suits your skin.
November 24, 2016
great for body/neck acne
very gentle, rich lather, with some moisturizing components. I don't enjoy using bar soap on my face but I use this on my chest, back, neck, and ears. would recommend.

3 user(s) found this helpful

May 31, 2013
If you're going to use a bar with The Regimen, this is a good choice

Pros:

Inexpensive
Lasts a long time
Rich, thick lather

Cons:

Lingering scent

I used this bar for about a year, about 10 years ago. I tried it again recently and remember why I liked it. The lather is truly rich and thick. This makes cleansing a super-low irritation experience since your hands glide so easily over the skin. The thick lather also works brilliantly as a shaving "cream." Overall, this bar does not leave me feeling overly dry. It does its job of removing surface oils without overstripping. However, it does have a distinct scent that sticks around. Long after I've left the shower and arrive at work, my hands still smell. Luckily it's not a horrible scent, but I would much prefer to not carry the scent along with me throughout my day.

1 user(s) found this helpful

April 10, 2018
Honey, sodium chloride is salt.
August 21, 2018
Thanks for this, Dan! I've been using this bar with the Regimen since I really appreciate the thick lather.
April 17, 2011

Pros:

Doesn't clog pores
Smells good
Helps with acne
Leaves skin smooth and clear

Cons:

Doesn't remove all makeup
Can dry out skin

I have bought this product yesterday and already saw a drastic change in my face. The troublesome whiteheads on both sides of my cheeks that were purging red decreased in size and redness. This bar smells good, helps clear up acne, doesn't clog your pores, and leaves your skin smooth and clear! I'm going to continue using and buying if effectiveness doesn't wear off.

19 user(s) found this helpful

February 22, 2010

Pros:

cleanses without overdrying
removes makeup well

Cons:

medicine-like odor

My skin has become quite dry and sensitive since using Spironolactone; I had to ditch the acne washes and find something specifically for dry skin; this does the trick! Cleasnes without overdrying. It's the perfect solution.

39 user(s) found this helpful

July 22, 2009

Pros:

-Does an excellent job cleansing the skin
-Feels great on the skin while cleansing
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Cons:

-Mild dryness after using it

Perfect for cleansing your face. Use it morning and night. My dermatologist also says it's probably the best facial cleanser to use.

30 user(s) found this helpful

April 5, 2009

Pros:

Lathers well, smells nice (like any good soap), doesn't dry skin, rinses clean, soothes

Cons:

None

This is the best cleanser I've found yet. I recently had a very bad reaction to my regular regimin (don't know the trigger) but this has soothed my skin and kept it very clean and fresh-feeling. I bought it because my skin got very sensitive and dry, and the dryness is actually improving and my skin rarely flares up like it did before.

6 user(s) found this helpful

February 10, 2009

Pros:

great overall face soap, good for sensitive skin, lathers really well

Cons:

its a bar?

I have used this face soap for years and love it.. I just recently figured out how well it lathers. rub the bar in your hand for a while and then really rub your hands together and feel the lather.. the lather is so soft and seems to clean my skin a bit better. it cleans my makeup off well, doesn't make my skin feel dry like most other things i've tried, makes my skin pretty soft... overall, great soap.

18 user(s) found this helpful

September 28, 2008

Pros:

I love the fragrance, it is cheap and it didn't leave my skin oily or dry and just left it feeling clean. Also it even reduced the redness to my skin from ance.

Cons:

None.

Everyone's skin is different but it worked very well on my oily/dry combination skin. It has made all the difference for me, actually.

13 user(s) found this helpful