Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar

Brand:
Reviews
3.9
85 Reviews

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

36%

Used Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
September 17, 2015
super drying
I wanted to try somehing that was gentle on my skin, (which has eczema) but this was not gentle. It left my face feeling tight and it just didnt feel good at all. It did not break me out or anything. I will continue to use it up until it finishes but sadly this just wasnt for me.

7 user(s) found this helpful

December 4, 2011

Pros:

-Doesn't cause acne.
-Doesn't irritate skin.
-Good for sensitive skin.

Cons:

-Doesn't prevent and clear acne.
-Hasn't done much to my skin.
-Isn't good for oily skin.

My skin is oily, sensitive. I've got a lot of pimples on my forehead, and Cetaphil isn't clearing this off. My skin is still really oily and shiny after I use this bar. The bar lasts long - but I've wanted to try the skin cleanser for a long time. It hasn't added to my pimples, hasn't irritated my skin (like other soap bars do), and is the best bar I've use for sensitive skin (only bar - maybe, that I've used). For people who don't have oily skin and not much pimples, this is recommended.

5 user(s) found this helpful

June 24, 2009

Pros:

Cleans face of dirt and makeup.

Cons:

KIlled my skin!!! DO NOT USE unless you want to end up with dry, peeling, leather-like skin. I used to have pretty normal looking skin ( texture) until I started using this. My skin is horrible now thanks to this. It resembles snake skin.

DO NOT use this for your FACE. It will give you chronic dry, peeling skin. My face looks horrible after using this. I don't think this is meant for your face, mainly for your body. It's just too harsh and drying. Use, the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser instead. It's very gentle.

3 user(s) found this helpful

August 29, 2008

Pros:

None

Cons:

Strong fragrance, also leaves an annoying film on my skin.

Not good for oily skin types, if your skin is dry from accutane maybe a good choice but if your dry from benzoyl peroxide or other drying topical products maybe you should think twice about using those harsh topicals.

2 user(s) found this helpful

July 26, 2008

Pros:

It cleans really well and moisturizes skin

Cons:

It made my face feel tight and dehydrated, quite uncomfortable.

I've used it only about half a week and i'm starting to dislike it. I think my skin is not compatitable or the formula or ingredients that are in it made my skin feel tight.

4 user(s) found this helpful