Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar

Brand:
Reviews
3.9
85 Reviews

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

36%
37.2%
12.8%
9.3%
4.7%

Used Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
August 29, 2010

Pros:

gentle
removes makeup

Cons:

tested on animals
disintegrates if left in shower

I've been using this bar for over a year in conjunction with the regimen. overall it has certainly worked well, although I have still never been 100% clear. it does what Ken suggests a cleanser should, which is to clean your skin without having any anti-acne properties of its own. because this cleanser is very mild and easy to use, I never really thought that much about it until I found out it was tested on animals. I plan on writing to Cetaphil to let them know how disappointed I am by this, and that they have lost my business until they reverse their practices. as much as I want clear skin I'm not okay with harming and killing animals to get it. although I'm frustrated that I need to search for something new, this cleanser was not anything super special to being with, so perhaps my search will lead me to something better! off to scour this website for the next thing ...
This Was Helpful

16 user(s) found this helpful

June 16, 2010

Pros:

Helps prevent breakouts

Cons:

Not perfect.
Leaves skin feeling tight and looking shiny
Skin dries out a huge amount.

Give it a try if you don't have sensitive skin.
November 29, 2008

Pros:

cleans very well, maybe a little too well

Cons:

stripped my skin dry, smells a little strong, i didn't like the texture of the product on my fingers, very hard to lather, made my skin feel very tight

bottom line is that i'd use this bar only as a last resort.
This Was Helpful

23 user(s) found this helpful

November 7, 2007

Pros:

Cheap.

Cons:

Dried my skin out and made it itchy.

This did not work well for me at all. When I used it, it did not rinse cleanly (even with a facial srubby pad) and it dried out my face and left it feeling "chalky". After I put on moisturizer, my skin still felt dry and itched all day. I have oily skin that is also sensitive so it is nearly impossible for me to find a good cleanser. The closest I've come is Lush Fresh Pharmacy, which has calamine in it which soothes skin, and it also takes most of the oil away. However, as with all Lush stuff, it's EXPENSIVE and I was hoping Cetaphil would be a cheaper alternative. Oh well.