Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar

Brand:
Reviews
3.9
85 Reviews

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate.

May also contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate.

36%

Used Cetaphil : Gentle Cleansing Bar? Rate It:

Choose from 1 to 5 stars
January 15, 2017
Safe product
I always seem to go back to this cleanser when others either, dry my face out or don't clean it well enough. In my journey of looking for the right products to clear my acne prone combo skin this has been the safest bet. I have found the best way to use this is to allow it to lather in your hands and than apply gently rather than rubbing the bar directly on your skin, this way it will not irritate if you have sensitive skin like me.

5 user(s) found this helpful

October 21, 2014
Amazing
If you have dry skin like myself this is the product for you. I was hesitant to use this because I initially thought that it would dry out my skin due to the fact that it replicates a bar of soap. I was extremely surprised to find out that not only did this cleansing bar not dry out my skin, but it seemed to lock in the moisture. This is the first over the counter product I have ever used that hasn't dried out my skin. Just to be clear, this is a cleanser, it's not going to fight your acne. When I began using this I was not using any acne creams with it and I broke out. This cleansing bar paired with an acne treatment works wonders. I live in Canada and it comes with a $2 off coupon every single time I buy it so it only ends up costing me $3, and it lasts about a month. Great value! If you are like me and have dry skin, this is a great product.

12 user(s) found this helpful

May 27, 2013

Pros:

Great for sensitive skin
Does not dry skin
Works well in combination with other products

Cons:

Messy and wastes a lot if you leave in shower
Difficult for traveling with
Less effective over time

My sister-in-law recommended this cleanser for me because I am prone to cysts. Using the cleanser in the morning and at night worked well and I noticed a decrease in my acne. I did find that after a while (as with all cleansers) my skin became "used to" the cleanser and began to break-out again. I now use this in the morning and a stronger cleanser to wash off my make-up at night that targets acne a little better.

8 user(s) found this helpful

February 9, 2011

Pros:

Cheap, removes oil without drying, great for long term use as your skin changes with age.

Cons:

Not easily portable for traveling

I've had mild to moderate acne for almost 15 years and have tried many of the products on this site at one time or another. I wish I found this product sooner. It removes oil without over drying. I've never had a problem with redness or irritation. My skin feels comfortable. The other cleansers by this brand were either too drying, or left too much oil, but as Goldilocks would say, "This one is just right". Keep in mind, it's a cleanser, not a cure.

22 user(s) found this helpful

January 20, 2011

Pros:

gentle
smells great
gets my makeup off
tightens skin, which gets clears my pimples

Cons:

very drying, which is weird cause its for dry skin

i love this. i'm a picker. i pick my pimples and make them bleed and scab. this is a miracle. its not only clearing out my pores and stopping new pimples, but its making the scabs i still have and the open ones heal seriously quick. the only thing i dont like is that i have seriously dry skin and this is seriously drying. considering its meant for dry skin...idk. its worth it. a moisturizer does the trick. so great. im forever with cetaphil!

17 user(s) found this helpful

December 3, 2010

Pros:

My acne cleared up dramatically in 2 days after use. My face does not dry out and I actually started using less acne medication creams.

Cons:

Doesnt remove all of my makeup so I have to use a different cleanser for when I wear foundation

OMG I am stocking up on this soap. I would give it 5 stars if it could remove all of my makeup as well, but I would really give it a 4.5

41 user(s) found this helpful

November 2, 2010

Pros:

-Lathers very well (good for shaving)
-Uses less packaging/plastic than a liquid cleanser

Cons:

-Very drying

I use this every day in the morning to shave, and it serves that purpose well. However, at night I prefer to use the cetaphil liquid cleanser, which I simply find to be less drying (and thus less irritating).

17 user(s) found this helpful

April 8, 2010

Pros:

Gives skin a nice looking tone.
Quick and easy to use
nice smell
comes in bar form

Cons:

surprisingly dries out my face, but everything does

I use to use proactiv for years. I became really sick of the amount of time it took, and i was convinced that it was giving me more acne. This bar has worked pretty well. Hasnt completely cleared everything up, still a pimple or two. My favorite part is the ease of using it, probably because I came from the 10 min long proactiv nightmare.

19 user(s) found this helpful

August 26, 2009

Pros:

makes my skin feel clean but not to dry. decreases the redness in my Irish skin. i can use it morning and night and my skin has just the right amount of oil on it.

Cons:

none. i don't have the sense of smell so to me it smells like air.

i love it. it has a great lather that feels so soft on my skin. instead of redness all over i just see freckles and skin.

83 user(s) found this helpful

April 30, 2008

Pros:

It really makes your skin feel FANTASTIC after using it as well as making your skin look clean!

Cons:

There seems to be an ingredient in it that forms new pimples in less than 24 hours.

The product makes you feel fantastic but after using it less than a day before my face now had 2 large bumps on my cheek that were red and extremely prominent.However the cleanser that comes in the lotion form is really good.

4 user(s) found this helpful