Lavender Oil Reviews

Lavender Oil

Holy Grail!

I never post reviews but Lavender Oil really helped me so much that I want other people to try it too. Im 25, struggled with acne since I was 19/20 on and off, sometimes really cystic, sometimes just pimples, but always something and nothing would work really long term. I got into essential oils a few months back and randomly applied 3 drops of lavender oil mixed with a few drops of almond oil (which also calmed my skin, now I changed it to the Khadi Pink Lotus oil and it got even better) and applied it in the morning and evening. After three days I could really see such a big difference in not only the size of the pimples but also the redness and the overall quality of my skin. After a month and a half my skin was the clearest I ever had since starting to break out. Unfortunately I ran out of the lavender oil and had to wait for my order to arrive (5 days) and my skin immediately started breaking out again. After the oil arrived, it only took two nights to calm it down again, I'm so surprised and happy. So for me it is clear that I was really the oil that made the big change and not other factors like water, diet, stress levels etc. So, please try out this method and I really hope that it helps you as much as it helped me. I don't know if it makes a difference which brand you use but I personally use the Primavera one (European brand, don't know if you can get it everywhere). Good luck to everyone on their skin journey.

Lavender/coconut

I tried organic, extra virgin, coconut oil and I had terrible breakouts. Tea tree did not work for me either. Lavender by itself seems to be working. I have only used it a week, but it has taken newly started cystic acne down in one night and gone the second! I use a q-tip and dab it on. Have not seen any excessive redness, yet.

Comments

Lavender is life... also can mix with frankincense

I apply lavender oil on any spots after washing my face thoroughly. I sometimes apply it all over my face to prevent acne. If I feel a pimple coming out, I apply it and it prevents it from coming out. If I have a pimple, I apply it and it does it's job the next day and within a few days, no pimple. In the Beginning the lavender oil may be too strong if you apply all over your face but your skin will get use to it and it will thank you for it. This is really one of the few essentials oils you can apply all over your face. Not all essentials oils are good for your face BUT lavender essential oil is. I also use frankincense oil and rose hip seed oil. But lavender oil is great by itself. It's so strong yet it still protects your skin. So is frankincense and rose hip seed oil. I have clear glowing skin. Something I've always wanted. Inexpensive. Natural. And with so many other benefits.

Comments

Not a cure, but relieves redness

I love lavender oil. I put a couple drops directly on acne spots at night along with a little tea tree oil. I don't dilute, my skin is tough. It calms the inflammation right down and helps me relax too. It doesn't really keep me from getting acne, but it does calm down the spots I do have.

I love lavender

This is great for dabbing on post pimple red spots, it cleared mine in about a week and I had 5 or 6 on one of my cheeks. I take some damp q-tips, put a few drops of lavender oil on my clean hand and just dip a little of it on the qtip and apply ONLY to spots. I have tried to use it all over my face and found it to be irritating. But it is a very potent essential oil and very fragrant. So be careful. But I'm still giving it 5 stars because I use it for so many other things: few drops in my bath, a drop on my pillow to aid sleep, natural deodorant, stress reliever (rub some in hands and inhale deeply) I love the scent of lavender. I've even gotten my boyfriend hooked and every night he asks for some on his pillow!

Love lavender oil!

I'm in my mid 30s and have battled acne most of my adult life. I've been on Acutane TWICE and a handful of oral antibiotics, skin cleansers, gels, creams.. You name it, I've used it. Recently I started getting really bad breakouts around a the sides of my mouth and down my chin and discovered it was possibly a new reaction to lip moisturizer. I googled coconut oil for skin to see if that would be a good replacement for my lips, but would it cause acne? Low and behold, people have used coconut oil for acne for years! Who would've thought using oil would help acne prone skin, but I guess supplying your skin's moisture means your skin won't over produce its own, AND coconut oil has antiseptic properties! I put a small container of food-grade coconut oil, mixed with some lavender oil for its anti-inflammatory properties, in my bathroom and I massage a small amount over my entire face after cleansing before bed. AMAZING! I can honestly say that my skin has NEVER in my 37 years been so clear. Yippee! Hope this helps someone else out there struggling with acne!

THANKS I WILL ATTEMPT THIS
I just wanted to comment on this review because of personal experience with acne prone skin and coconut oil. I am SO glad that it has worked for you, and truly hope it continues to. I was once told that coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your skin, acne or not. However unrefined and refined coconut oil is proven to clog pores, unlike 100% unrefined shea butter which DOES NOT clog pores. Anyways, I attempted the coconut oil for no less than three months, because you do have to give new "treatments" at least 12 weeks to work, and got the worst breakouts I have ever had! So I am basically saying everyone has different skin and reacted differently, and that coconut oil may not do for one acne prone user, that it does for another.
I have no idea why it posted three times in a row.. so, sorry for that!

Fantastic so far

I have been experiencing adult acne for 1 year now, and tried several products but none of them worked. I tried steaming my face pouring some drops of 100% lavender oil inside the water, since the second time of steaming, improvement could be rated as 70% clearer face skin than before using. Never tried to apply it directly on my skin, I am afraid of break outs, but even with steaming every week it has done wonders for me. I strongly recommend at least trying it.

Please avoid

Lavender oil is cytotoxic, capable of killing skin cells, and like most other essential oils, it can cause rashes and photosensitivity even in very small amounts.

This happened to me before. I made my own moisturizer with lavender essential oil not knowing how it would effect my skin and I ended up getting a big rash on my chin and upper lip area next to my nose. Defiantly be cautious when using for the first time and test it out before fully committing to using it all the time.

WORTH A TRY

I wasn't sure about this, it seemed a very outdated ideology - I read somewhere that its name is derived from the latin word 'lavare' meaning 'to wash'. When I tried it I didn't see much difference but at least it made my face feel nice n' clean, not to mention it SMELLS AMAZING I will always love lavender <3 XX

Comments

Works well but does more damage than good

Clears acne Smells divine Helps me sleep damages skin cells causes allergic contact dermatitis after frequent use I personally loved lavender oil when I used it and in combination with tea tree oil (mixed and applied neat beneath moisturiser) it really does clear up acne like benzoyl peroxide with less irritation, however lavender oil is extremely damaging to skin cells and does more damage than good :( Just use it to put me to sleep now haha.

Comments

it reduces redness and it makes breakouts go away very fast it prevents new pimples and it helps with the oily skin it makes your skin glow and it smells very nice doesn't help with the cysts IT WORKS! I have read many reviews of many products over the years and I have to say I have tried pretty much all of them. Accutane, several antibiotics, gels, ointment of all sorts and nothing seemed to work. So after trying lemon, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil which helped but not completely I decided to try Lavender Oil. The results were amazing! My skin got clearer in a week! I use it twice a day every morning and at night before I sleep. I boil some water and I make a toner using about 10 drops in 100 ml. I have some breakouts, especially while on PMS but nothing like before, they go away very fast. Also my skin has a glow and it looks younger, I have no wrinkles yet but it has erased all the expression lines on my forehead. People noticed and told me I look so radiant! It doesn't sting and it helps you relax as well. I sleep better now! The only drawbacks are that it is not as effective on my back as on the face but it made back acne better too. And it does not help with the cysts but for that I use a 2,5% benzoyl peroxide gel whenever there is one instead of using it all over my face 4-5 times a week. It is a little expensive because it is organic (14-15 Euros a bottle, 10 ml) but it lasts at least two months. .

I couldn't agree more! I use the water/oil mixture as a toner before bed. It really makes my skin radiant..I just love it! Take care :)
Can you please let us know the exact amount of water you added to 10 dropd of avender oil?

Can mix it in with products Cheap Natural Less redness Helped me sleep Didn't really work for me The smell can be a bit pungent I put 2 drops if lavender oil in my moisturizer at night and noticed a difference in the redness of my pimples. Other than that it didn't do much else. Still a very good product though.

Comments

Great smell Affordable (Compared to many acne products) Great anti-inflammatory Noticeable difference in face within the day Don't get in your eyes! Doesn't seem to help breakouts, just redness I use lavender oil every day. Especially after the shower or after I finish the last step of my my regimen (moisturizing) to help the redness... It's also a moisturizer which is great, and if you happen to pick (I try so hard not to but sometimes I cave! D:) if you put it on immediately it really helps speed up the healing... This won't help prevent you from breaking out, though. It will only help with dryness from your treatments and redness. I can't say it helps heal old red scars though, it only seems to help with inflamed pimples.

Comments

anti inflammatory "renaissance" oil smells great quality oil can be more expensive I mix jojoba oil with Young Living brand lavender essential oil because they make quality medicinal grade oils. The extra expense is necessary if you want it to help. The good news for lavender is that it's one of those "when in doubt, use lavender" kind of things. That's why I call it a renaissance oil. I use it when I can't fall asleep, if I get a headache, on bug bites, or if I'm just in a bad mood. It's noticeably soothing and it helps with any redness. It's helped with the scarring as well. It works really well with cystic acne. I'll dab it on individual breakouts full strength if they need the extra treatment. Sometimes I'll mix it with rose oil because that is a super oil for the skin, but it's extremely expensive so I don't use it as often. If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin.

Guest craig crossland
Guest craig crossland

Clear skin, confidence boost! none :-) Wash ur face gently, wait 5 mins to dry, put 2 drops of lav oil on cotton wool ball, gently wipe over each blemish once CLEAR SKIN CAN BE YOURS!!! I'm sooo happy

Guest bethany
Guest bethany

-clears up acne, even the deep painful ones -makes redness go away -has really helped my hyperpigmentation clear up -tightens pores -makes skin glow -helps with my blackheads (I had a lot) -balances out oily skin and makes it feel normal -helps acne come to a head, then I apply TTO (tea tree oil) and that gets rid of it for good. -can make skin look shiny... blotting papers will cure that. -can make skin feel tight and a little dry it has helped my skin so much that I don't care about the cons... there are way more pros. I have been struggling with acne since I was 11, and I am 17 now. I have tried almost everything in drugstores, and also have been put on some medications. My doctor didn't help much, he just wanted to put me on medications. I started my research on acne, realized I had a whey allergy (which made my skin moderately severe to severe) and I cut that out of my diet. But I still had that stubern moderate acne on my forehead. I stopped using the harsh chemicals on my face, and started using more natural products. I came across lavender oil in my cabinet, and realized when I used to get sunburns, I would put some drops of it in water and spray on my face. It would clear up my acne, and sunburn. I started putting about 20 drops in a 2 ounce bottle, and would spray it on my face while I was watching TV or on the computer. I have been doing this for about 3-4 weeks and have seen a huge improvement in my skin! My skin is about 85%-90% clear, I just get some blackheads and some hormonal acne (around ovulation time and right before my period). I hope now that I can find a cure for my light hormonal acne, then my skin will be 100% clear! =D

Comments

soothing I personally do not enjoy the smell at all.. haven't seen much of an improvement I usually use diluted tea tree oil on my face and I found some lavender oil around the house and decided to dab a few drops into my lil bottle. I will wait to see if I see any results from using this, but I have broken out pretty bad this week (premenstrual hormones). Ive heard good things about Lavender, so try it out if you got nothing else to lose. I just personally really dislike the smell. I always have since I was a little girl. Yuckyy lol

Comments

it might have made skin a little smoother it BURNS Haven't seen any improvement yet haven't see any fading of scars and marks haven't seen any improvement of acne :( I read so many great things about this! But I got it (only) a few days ago so i don't realy expect to see results yet, but i didn't expect it to burn! I put it on the first night and it burned a little and made my eyes water. the next morning didn't feel so bad and i mixed it with Ponds cream and waited for it to soak in and then put my makeup over it. It looked fine, better then usual! so i was getting excited about it! But then tonight I put some on a cotton ball and put it on again and it burrrnnneedddd so to try to soothe my skin i put Ponds over it. That made it horribly worse. so i hurriedly went a washed it off. but my skin was all red and gross so i put more Ponds cream on to sooth it a little and then put a tiny tiny bit of lavender oil over it. it doesn't burn... i don't what's up with this. maybe don't mix it with stuff??? I dunno! ANYWAYS bottom line it burned my skin. and so far haven't seen any improvement but i'll keep doing it by putting cream on first and then later putting the lavender over it. hopefully i'll have perfect skin in a few weeks :P doubt it. PLLEASE WORK. (: I put yes to recommend, because i have so much hope for it to work. but i'll write another review in a few weeks...

Guest that person that i am
Guest that person that i am

makes skin as smooth as ever! i get nauseas when around lavender smell i put this in a mask of my own concoction and when i took it off my face was amazingly smooth, the only skin smoother than right then was a baby's bare butt! it was amazing! i wasnt using this for acne itself mostly just a moisturizer and it was amazing!!!!

Comments

Shortens breakouts, softens skin, relives redness smell is very strong, stings if too much is applied I've only used this for 3 days and already every one of my zits are gone. My chin breaks out big time but has completely cleared up. I wash my face in the morning with a natural product, apply the oil all over my face, then cover with moisturizer (helps smell dissapate faster) then at night I apply the oil right before bed. I am amazed! I will continue to use this, maybe only once a day from now on.

Popular Other treatments