Lavender Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 52 reviews

Lavender Oil

Lavender is life... also can mix with frankincense
Reviewed on January 22, 2018

I apply lavender oil on any spots after washing my face thoroughly. I sometimes apply it all over my face to prevent acne. If I feel a pimple coming out, I apply it and it prevents it from coming out. If I have a pimple, I apply it and it does it’s job the next day and within a few days, no pimple. In the Beginning the lavender oil may be too strong if you apply all over your face but your skin will get use to it and it will thank you for it. This is really one of the few essentials oils you can apply all over your face. Not all essentials oils are good for your face BUT lavender essential oil is. I also use frankincense oil and rose hip seed oil. But lavender oil is great by itself. It’s so strong yet it still protects your skin. So is frankincense and rose hip seed oil. I have clear glowing skin. Something I’ve always wanted. Inexpensive. Natural. And with so many other benefits.

Not a cure, but relieves redness
Reviewed on September 11, 2017

I love lavender oil. I put a couple drops directly on acne spots at night along with a little tea tree oil. I don't dilute, my skin is tough. It calms the inflammation right down and helps me relax too. It doesn't really keep me from getting acne, but it does calm down the spots I do have.

I love lavender
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

This is great for dabbing on post pimple red spots, it cleared mine in about a week and I had 5 or 6 on one of my cheeks. I take some damp q-tips, put a few drops of lavender oil on my clean hand and just dip a little of it on the qtip and apply ONLY to spots. I have tried to use it all over my face and found it to be irritating. But it is a very potent essential oil and very fragrant. So be careful. But I'm still giving it 5 stars because I use it for so many other things: few drops in my bath, a drop on my pillow to aid sleep, natural deodorant, stress reliever (rub some in hands and inhale deeply) I love the scent of lavender. I've even gotten my boyfriend hooked and every night he asks for some on his pillow!

Love lavender oil!
Reviewed on May 12, 2015

I'm in my mid 30s and have battled acne most of my adult life. I've been on Acutane TWICE and a handful of oral antibiotics, skin cleansers, gels, creams.. You name it, I've used it. Recently I started getting really bad breakouts around a the sides of my mouth and down my chin and discovered it was possibly a new reaction to lip moisturizer. I googled coconut oil for skin to see if that would be a good replacement for my lips, but would it cause acne? Low and behold, people have used coconut oil for acne for years! Who would've thought using oil would help acne prone skin, but I guess supplying your skin's moisture means your skin won't over produce its own, AND coconut oil has antiseptic properties! I put a small container of food-grade coconut oil, mixed with some lavender oil for its anti-inflammatory properties, in my bathroom and I massage a small amount over my entire face after cleansing before bed. AMAZING!

I can honestly say that my skin has NEVER in my 37 years been so clear. Yippee!

Hope this helps someone else out there struggling with acne!

by EbonyTexture on 07/21/2015 08:02
THANKS I WILL ATTEMPT THIS
by jesscoro on 10/02/2015 02:48
I just wanted to comment on this review because of personal experience with acne prone skin and coconut oil. I am SO glad that it has worked for you, and truly hope it continues to. I was once told that coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your skin, acne or not. However unrefined and refined coconut oil is proven to clog pores, unlike 100% unrefined shea butter which DOES NOT clog pores. Anyways, I attempted the coconut oil for no less than three months, because you do have to give new "treatments" at least 12 weeks to work, and got the worst breakouts I have ever had! So I am basically saying everyone has different skin and reacted differently, and that coconut oil may not do for one acne prone user, that it does for another.
by jesscoro on 10/02/2015 02:49
by jesscoro on 10/02/2015 02:49
by jesscoro on 10/02/2015 02:50
I have no idea why it posted three times in a row.. so, sorry for that!
Fantastic so far
Reviewed on March 13, 2015

I have been experiencing adult acne for 1 year now, and tried several products but none of them worked. I tried steaming my face pouring some drops of 100% lavender oil inside the water, since the second time of steaming, improvement could be rated as 70% clearer face skin than before using. Never tried to apply it directly on my skin, I am afraid of break outs, but even with steaming every week it has done wonders for me. I strongly recommend at least trying it.

Please avoid
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

Lavender oil is cytotoxic, capable of killing skin cells, and like most other essential oils, it can cause rashes and photosensitivity even in very small amounts.

by ssssssssalmon on 01/30/2018 07:01
This happened to me before. I made my own moisturizer with lavender essential oil not knowing how it would effect my skin and I ended up getting a big rash on my chin and upper lip area next to my nose. Defiantly be cautious when using for the first time and test it out before fully committing to using it all the time.
WORTH A TRY
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

I wasn't sure about this, it seemed a very outdated ideology - I read somewhere that its name is derived from the latin word 'lavare' meaning 'to wash'.

When I tried it I didn't see much difference but at least it made my face feel nice n' clean, not to mention it SMELLS AMAZING

I will always love lavender <3 XX

Works well but does more damage than good
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

I personally loved lavender oil when I used it and in combination with tea tree oil (mixed and applied neat beneath moisturiser) it really does clear up acne like benzoyl peroxide with less irritation, however lavender oil is extremely damaging to skin cells and does more damage than good :( Just use it to put me to sleep now haha.

Reviewed on May 4, 2013

IT WORKS!

I have read many reviews of many products over the years and I have to say I have tried pretty much all of them. Accutane, several antibiotics, gels, ointment of all sorts and nothing seemed to work.

So after trying lemon, apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil which helped but not completely I decided to try Lavender Oil.

The results were amazing! My skin got clearer in a week! I use it twice a day every morning and at night before I sleep. I boil some water and I make a toner using about 10 drops in 100 ml. I have some breakouts, especially while on PMS but nothing like before, they go away very fast. Also my skin has a glow and it looks younger, I have no wrinkles yet but it has erased all the expression lines on my forehead.

People noticed and told me I look so radiant! It doesn't sting and it helps you relax as well. I sleep better now!

The only drawbacks are that it is not as effective on my back as on the face but it made back acne better too. And it does not help with the cysts but for that I use a 2,5% benzoyl peroxide gel whenever there is one instead of using it all over my face 4-5 times a week.

It is a little expensive because it is organic (14-15 Euros a bottle, 10 ml) but it lasts at least two months. .

by Simba86 on 05/06/2014 22:28
I couldn't agree more! I use the water/oil mixture as a toner before bed. It really makes my skin radiant..I just love it! Take care :)
by n4nova on 01/05/2015 14:32
Can you please let us know the exact amount of water you added to 10 dropd of avender oil?
Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I put 2 drops if lavender oil in my moisturizer at night and noticed a difference in the redness of my pimples. Other than that it didn't do much else. Still a very good product though.

Powerful. Proprietary. Proven.
  • Powerfully effective
  • Pharmaceutical grade
  • Guaranteed effective
  • Doctor/Dermatologist recommended
  • Used in acne clinics worldwide
  • 100% non-comedogenic
  • Fragrance-free & dye-free
  • pH balanced
  • Scientifically formulated for acne-prone skin
  • Developed by the experts at Acne.org