Green Tea Reviews

Green Tea

Green Tea helped clear my face

I tried green tea and had amazing results. It took its time of course, about 3 weeks to show any results but it did help. Diet is the only way to get rid of acne. I wrote about it here. https://www.yourbeautychronicles.com/the-benefits-of-green-tea-for-acne/

Finally!

Drinking 2 cups a day of green tea (After breakfast/evening). And so far so good. My face is less oily and almost no break out so far. Thank you Allah.

How long did I.t take to see a difference?
Almost immediate. My skin is less oily several hours after I drink.

Great for glowing skin and general body detox!

Hi everyone! Drinking green tea for me is an acquired taste. I personally dont like the bittersweet leafy green taste but I have to admit that it does give my face a natural bright glow; a glow similar to like a person would have after exercising. So despite the taste, I would still drink 2-3 teabags worth daily. I have adult acne meaning I only started to have horrible cystic hormonal acne, lots of whiteheads and noticeable blackheads, tiny bumps and a lot of redness around my T zone and cheeks area in my mid 30s. Prior to that, I had the normal occasional PMS acne from time to time. Otherwise, my skin was spotless, even toned and soft like a baby's bottom. Sun exposure without protection, high stress due to work and unhealthy lifestyle would be the main culprits. So since then I have been making a lot of changes to my skincare regime, doing my own online research and that's how I found this great community website acne.org. to be one of the most useful. Generally imho, the large chunk of acne cure works by fighting from inwards rather than outwards. So eating healthy food and drink is the way to go. Everybody knows drinking a lot of water and liquid is great for our general health. But I didn't know how serious it is until recently that dairy products is not one of them! I love drinking milk and milktea! Well now that I know, that explains a lot! Coming back to green tea. This is the part where I would like to write about caution. The type of green tea that I use and found to be consistently great for my skin is Japanese green tea of the sencha type. Not matcha. Sencha is robust and made of matured tea leaves, exposed to sun (vitamin D). It is also cheaper and affordable for daily consumption. Matcha on the other hand is more delicate and leafs are filtered from the sun to make it greener. While it presumably has more vitamins packed and higher anti oxidants, a quality matcha can cost 3-4 or more times more than sencha. It is pricey and if you can afford it, why not? From my personal experience, drinking matcha for a month did not help my acne. Infact, more huge cystic acne were formed and made it worse. It hurt so much that some it grew so big, it popped on its own, puss and blood were flowing down my cheeks without me realizing. I have never had cystic acne this horrible. Thankfully this happened at home, else it would have been so embarassing in public! Some people mentioned to me, that's the body detoxing and purging the toxins through the skin. I think whatever that was in matcha was too potent for me. Maybe for others it would not be a problem, so I'd say, drink it with caution. I have since stopped drinking matcha and came back to just drinking lots of plain water and lots of sencha. Never fails me in giving the healthy glow that I want. Drinking green tea helps in overall good skin appearance. Try it 2-3 cups, hot or cold, and plenty of water to flush out the toxins, drink daily for a week or so, results are noticeable.

It works!!!

Wow! What a difference. 4 months ago I started getting bad cystic acne. I tried proactiv, doxycycline, epiduo and nothing worked 3 weeks ago I cut out all diary and started drinking green tea. No new break out since after the first week. And things are really starting to clear up. Drinking 3-4 cups of tea a day

Wow! good it works for you! Might work for me as well. do you think it can help also on my dark spots?

A drink for each evening

Hi everyone! I'd like to stress how important organic green tea has been to me throughout the years. My acne was always extremely persistent (although thankfully gone now, due to the Acne.org products) and I relied heavily on green tea masks, as well as the drink to reduce inflammation and redness (which helped me greatly actually, but never cleared my skin completely). Green tea incorporated with a healthy diet is very beneficial to the body as it acts as an antioxidant, ridding your body of toxins. I believe (pardon me if this is incorrect) the Chinese (Japanese perhaps) have the tradition of drinking up to 6 cups of green tea a day. It's largely valued as a beauty and health product in many, many cultures. Personally, I aim to drink three or four cups each day.. morning, noon and night. I find it to be a lovely beverage. No harm in trying it for yourselves! Best wishes.

Reduces redness

I just started a new facial routine which has green tea. I make a single serving, put ice and honey in it and use the tea bag on face. It seemed to reduce redness on my face. I will try to update in a week or two. I AM USING THIS WITH OTHER PROTUCTS, NOT ALONE!!! I also read that it has antioxidants, so it might aide in getting rid of acne. My morning routine is: Wash (using oil free facial wash), Cleanse, Tea (do not rinse off!!), once the tea is dry, I use a few drops of jojoba oil, rub into finger tips and gently pat onto face. I also read that it helps significantly to remove or minimize fried foods and dairy products, however yogurt is fine. So if you like to eat ice cream a lot, switch to frozen yogurt.

Relieves redness

I have lots of old red acne blemishes and on the days when I can't drink green tea they are noticeably redder. On the days when I do, my face is not as red and oily. I steep loose-leaf organic green tea throughout the course of the day. Let's be clear though that it doesn't help to actually get rid of acne, it just helps the appearance of my skin. I love it though, it has so many health benefits!

Comments

It worked but not completely

Green tea is great. I drink it three times a day after every meal (it can cause acid reflux if you drink it on empty stomach). Probably any loose tea (not in tea bags) will work but I have been drinking Gyokuro (probably the most expensive but I buy Chinese, which is cheaper) and Thai Nguyen (Vietnamese, cheap but good quality). I take a table spoon per cup, let it steep in 80°C water for 20 minutes. Put tea in and let it cool in a teapot, no need to keep it on a stove to keep it at 80°C. The taste will be bitter but once you get used to it, it is actually very pleasing. If the bitterness is unbearable either the temperature was too high or the tea is bad quality (or maybe you just need to get used to it). Although the tea helps greatly I'd like to note that only after removing gluten from my diet my acne disappeared altogether.

Comments

don't take if you're anemic!!

So I started taking green tea extract supplements and drinking green matcha tea. I did get more energy and I think my boobs grew slightly and I lost about 5lbs in 2 weeks (woo!). BUT no effect on my skin and the second week I started getting dizzy randomly especially when I worked out. I am super anemic and very active so it could be a rare side effect but I Googled it and green tea is actually bad for people with anemia as it prohibits iron circulation. They call it "sleepy blood". Sounds weird but its a real thing and I thought I'd let you all know in case anyone is experiencing the side effect and doesn't know what it's from. Good luck! And don't forget- you're beautiful :)

All tea is bad for anemia because it inhibits iron absorption. From the studies I looked at it appears to be okay to drink tea as an anemic as long as you don't drink within an hour (before or after) of eating or taking a supplement! Severe anemics should monitor closely, though, and stop drinking tea if they experience any issues.

doing something.

I have been drinking 3 to 5 cups of gunpowder loose green tea a day from the past week to see if it helps with acne. as of right now, I haven't noticed a major changes, but my digestive system has been working far more efficiently, which can only help I hope. I will update in the coming weeks. also, I normally drink nothing but a ton of water, so any changes won't be due to not drinking soda, juice, milk, etc. I also want to add that I eat a pretty healthy diet in general, alot of fruits, vegetables and chicken. not much processed or instant food. I do occasionally go crazy and binge on a whole pack of ores or bucket of cookie dough....trying to get those sugar spikes under control.

ok, so update! I think green tea is great for you but have noticed my skin is way more oily. I have oily skin anyway but even my hair and eyelids seem oily. now, I did start a new birth control around the same time I started drinking the tea, so it may very well be that. but I am going to try not drinking it for a week and see if there's any difference. I'll be back to update.

This Rocks for Hormonal Acne!!!!

Ever since I have stopped taking birth control 10 years ago my hormonal acne was out of control. Within that time frame I have seen multiple dermatologists and I was prescribed various antibiotics, facial washes, and topical creams which really did not work for me. Recently I came to this website to look for natural remedies in order to deal with my hormonal acne and I noticed that green tea received a lot of favorable reviews. I decided to give organic matcha green tea powder and Tazo's green tea (with spearmint, due to its anti-androgen effects!) a try. I've been drinking 2 to 3 cups a day for two weeks and I've noticed a reduction of acne on my lower face and back. If anyone is looking for a natural remedy for their hormonal acne I would definitely suggest giving this a try!

Yep I agree has helped my hormonal acne a lot to the point where I'm not obsessing about my face anymore. Not waking up every day dredding how many new pimples have! Really does wonders

IT works but you have to buy the right kind!

I bought my pure organic matcha green tea powder from amazon! Every morning I put about a tsp in a cold water bottle, shake it up and add some squeezes of lemon. My skin has been clearing up dramatically. My blackheads and whiteheads are diminishing. Also, you have to take diet and exercise into consideration as well. I've been keeping up with both and taking advantage of the sauna at my gym. Seriously everyone, if you want to clear up - it is an all around lifestyle change you must go through. Adding the green tea to my life has been the best thing for my skin though.

what is the name of that pls?

Are there any downsides to this?

I am going to base my review off of two things: my one year long exchange in Japan experience drinking 6-10 cups of green tea a day, and my current routine which is taking green tea extract supplements. In Japan I had the clearest skin of my life. People told me that it was glowing, and it was. At the time, i was drinking so much pure, potent and natural tea every day that it just radiated on my skin. The most I was drinking was with my third host family, and it was during that period of time that I had the clearest skin. At my other families I drank a lot as well, but not nearly enough as at my third. Now, since returning, I have stopped drinking green tea and my acne is back. My host mom sent me a package filled with my favorite Japanese green teas, but I find that when I drink them I stay up allll night. I am really sensitive to caffeine, and can only drink one or two cups a day while still falling asleep at a decent time. So, I take green tea extract supplements instead. It does the trick just fine and I can start to see my skin glowing again. Make sure to use the purest form that you can, which is usually loose instead of in tea bags. Good luck!

Comments

Amazing results works wonders for me

I started drinking green tea about a week ago and I have already started to see major improvments. I drink 3-6 cups (sometimes 7-8 cups) everyday and lately I've started to use this as a toner on my face. I think if you only drink it, it will help you prevent to get more zits but if you use it as a toner it helps your skin to clear up. This treatment is fantastic and here's why: First of all it is cheap and it really works not like those products that your dermatologist recommends. It's natural, I personally think that natural treatments are the best if you want to get rid of your acne (except from Accutane maybe) It prevents breakouts dramatically ever since I started drinking green tea I have got maybe 1-2 small zits no kidding and it also helps reduce whiteheads You see results pretty fast So don't hesitate to use this treatment, if you have any questions feel free to ask them :)

I really wanna try it but I have horrible acne and everything I've tried didn't work.

Spearmint Tea for Hormonal Imbalance

I'm not really a fan of writing review since I'm actually a reader. I've been searching and reading a lot of websites about reducing acne/pimples. Whatever you call it. I've bought a lot of expensive products then in the end it doesn't help me, rather it worsen my face. Until I've come across this article that says drinking spearmint tea helps hormonal imbalance leading to reduce oil production leading to less clogging of pores leading to less pimples. I'm not a fan of tea but why not try? It's easier than applying tones of things in the face right? So I went to look for just the spearmint tea flavor in a tea shop. And tried it once a day in the morning. And that day I started taking zinc as well. In addition, I started before taking omega 3 supplement. After 2 days, I can see the difference. No more breakouts in the morning. I have little one or two, but they are so tiny unlike before that it's big, noticeable cyst. I'm trying now to search what can I use to reduce blemishes, while continuously drinking tea.

How much do u take of the omega an zinc?

It helps!

I drink one or two cups of green tea everyday and afterwards put the tea-bag on my skin. I don't know if drinking green tea is very beneficial for your skin, because I still get the same amount of new pimples. But it has definitely helped my gut to be calmer and they say acne is caused by gut problems for some people. But using the tea-bag on my face as an exfoliator has remarkably been effective! It helps to remove the redness and also makes pimples appear smaller. Sadly it doesn't cause your pimples to stay away, but it's a very helpful method to get rid of pimples that are already there.

Comments

green tea for hormonal acne.

I am 38 and have suffered from acne on & off from the age of about 13.It carried on throughout my twenties & stopped for a while when i had a baby then came back.Anyway i have probably been prescribed most of the oral & topical antibiotics available over the years.Some have been fantastic and i have had months where my skin is clear.But it always seem to come back.From my mid thirties my face seem to clear up and i very rarely get any bad spots on my face.My neck and jaw where a different matter however. They just seem to be constantly covered in cystic type acne which was so bad i found it hard to sleep at times.After going back to the gp i was given a 6 month course of lymecycline.It improved it a lot but it started to come back in a milder form after a few months.After a lot of my own research i am sure i have hormonal acne as it seems to flare up for a few days each month then subsides!I hated lymecycline as it really made me feel ill & as someone who dosen,t even like taking painkillers i have tried various herbal remedies.Most have had no effect until i read a article on acne.einstein about hormonal acne & how green tea can balance your hormones.I was a bit sceptical but starting drinking 4 cups each day a few months ago.I buy a decent green tea from my local health shop & i have to drink decaffeinated as the normal green tea gave me a headache.Apart from the odd pimple my neck has really cleared up & i rarely get any acne on my jawline now.I have also noticed that my complexion is a lot calmer in general as i have sensitive skin which is quite itchy normally.And the odd time that i do get a flare up on my neck i use one of the warm teabags and wipe it over my skin.Within a couple of hours it has calmed down.So i cant praise green tea enough.To be honest i am not a fan of the taste,but for clear skin it is worth it.I drink normal tea in the morning with milk as i really miss not having that.But then throughout the day i make sure i have at least 4 cups of green tea.So i really hope it continues to work.

Popular Nutrition/Holistic