Notifications
Clear all

f_ck, no one got scars except mine when i go outside

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/06/2021 10:35 pm

Maybe most people with scars stay at home and yes although many people get acne majority dont scar are get their acne under control soon

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 08/06/2021 11:12 pm

There doesnt go a single day where Iwish I never had acne scars. Its unfathomable that there are people out there who dont worry about their skin. What I would give to have clear skin

Shelly399, Ishayat, Kay24 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 1:40 am

2 hours ago, shei514 said:

There doesnt go a single day where Iwish I never had acne scars. Its unfathomable that there are people out there who dont worry about their skin. What I would give to have clear skin

Ye some days it is mentally frustrating. But I think biologically its just doing random. Its just that the huma civilization have advanced with media. So our perception of beauty come from TVs and now with Instagram its 24/7 we compare to that standard and anything below makes us less satisfied.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 5:15 am

Like I said some people go with very shallow acne some with severe cystic acne. I think the superficial acne does not cause acne its the deep ones cause scarring. As your immune system destroys the tissue for the deep ones

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 08/07/2021 12:12 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day... literally 99% of the population has fairly normal skin, most without even trying. Some folks probably dry their faces with rags that haven't been washed since last year, yet their skin is flawless. Why us, though? What a very unfortunate minority we are. It sucks that our own body had to mess up our skin from the inside out.

MemberMember
(@suleiman-kulumovyandex-ru)

Posted : 08/07/2021 12:37 pm

Is it actually that bad? I hope one day we all will achieve the results that will satisfy us. And besides, our looks don't determine who we really are. Isn't it?

You liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 2:40 pm

2 hours ago, LivingWithFaith said:

I was just thinking about this the other day... literally 99% of the population has fairly normal skin, most without even trying. Some folks probably dry their faces with rags that haven't been washed since last year, yet their skin is flawless. Why us, though? What a very unfortunate minority we are. It sucks that our own body had to mess up our skin from the inside out.

Everything in life is totally random. I believe we need to be as a society be better prepared with acne and what to go about it early with proven way of stopping acne l. Because some people start breaking out at age 14 do you can take accutane. I believe diary and sugar are the culprits.

for some reason our body reacts to these ingredients differently and start producing more sebum when consumed. Hence from a young age we should know what foods are making acne worse. I believe every adult who start experiencing acne should immediately stop foods and then just eat veggies and then slowly introduce other foods items every week and stop acne in its tracks. Thats the key, if you suffer from small inflammation phase you most likely wouldnt scar and have the best skin when you are young. I think parents need to be aware of this. Its surprising that with such a deep mental effect there is no guidelines for parents. We are so young when it starts to hit us without a proper plan. I think parents and society has failed us. Another thing just not popping doesnt mean you wont scar. If the cystic acne stays there on a specific area it will scar as the body continouslyattacks the area as it thinks a foreign object. Hence tissue loss. The goal again is stopping acne in its tracks.

You liked
MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 08/07/2021 3:03 pm

Yeah, whenver I go out I almost immediately notice it. The vast majority, I'd say 99.99% of population doesn't seem to have any scars at all.  I just wish my parents told me how took me to a dermatologist when I was a teenager. Most of my severe cystic acne was between 14-17 years and nobody told me that I shouldn't pick my  scars etc. My parents suggestion was to just wash my face harder which made it much worse. Also, I never understood why almost every single cyst leaves adeep scar on my face, I know people who suffered from more severe acne than me and dont have a single pitted acne scar. Everytime I see my face in a rearview mirror it makes me sad. Sigh.

NagarNikku_ and liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 3:06 pm

13 minutes ago, can i get a new life please said:

Yeah i completely agree with you, they didnt care about their skin but still perfect we are like the cursed ones :)

There is no correlation between food and our type of acne, we break out regularly and you cant stop that with eating clean and fresh. I have friends who eats like homeless, doing drugs like methamphetamin still their skin clear as a milk. 

That™s why I said our body reacts differently we humans are not all alike for instance take covid as an example some people get mild symptoms and some people very severe symptoms. It™s all about how our body is reacting to it. You can™t compare yourself with other person and think if he can eat anything and not have acne means I should also not have acne. There is definitely a correlation for some foods with acne especially for us. It™s only after puberty we start having acne and other stuff. After puberty I believe our bodies now react differently to the foods we eat. So anything that increases sebum production would highly likely cause acne for us. 

4 minutes ago, HellishDuffel said:

Yeah, whenver I go out I almost immediately notice it. The vast majority, I'd say 99.99% of population doesn't seem to have any scars at all.  I just wish my parents told me how took me to a dermatologist when I was a teenager. Most of my severe cystic acne was between 14-17 years and nobody told me that I shouldn't pick my  scars etc. My parents suggestion was to just wash my face harder which made it much worse. Also, I never understood why almost every single cyst leaves adeep scar on my face, I know people who suffered from more severe acne than me and dont have a single pitted acne scar. Everytime I see my face in a rearview mirror it makes me sad. Sigh.

Yes that is also the case for some people don™t scar. People with acne scars, our immune system is very aggressive it doesn™t tolerates foreign bodies. It aggressively attacks it and hence cause the tissue loss. The body is just doing it™s job, we shouldn™t give the body the reason to attack that™s all. By knowing what foods are increasing our sebum production. For everyone with acne you need to identify which foods are causing your body to increase sebum and this inflammation.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 3:17 pm

5 minutes ago, can i get a new life please said:

Man i think it is mostly genetic not with food but either way thats sucks.

For me acne is better than scars, with acne you have faith in someday they'll be gone, but with scars you are dribbling in shit cause deep down you know damage is done and most of them are permanent.

Yes that is what I mean genetics. Our genes are deciding which food aggravates us and cause our immune system to flare up.
If you are still breaking out try the veg diet for two weeks I am very confident you will stop acne. And then slowly start introducing foods each week to see which is not causing you acne. Thats the only way to know which foods are causing our body to flare up.

Why do you think that some peopleare allergic to certain foods then. Think about there genetic code is deciding which foods are acceptable and which food would be considered foreign. For us we are not allergic but those foods definitely cause us to produce more sebum.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/07/2021 3:22 pm

2 minutes ago, can i get a new life please said:

I'm not breaking out thank god i take the accutane when i was in highschool

Good,accutane works by permanently reducing sebum production so now when you eat that foods its not going to the point where it can increase sebum that would ultimately aggravate acne.

MemberMember
(@bongomceegmail-com)

Posted : 08/07/2021 4:10 pm

Bear in mind other physical flaws exist except acne. You might not notice many scars on people, but do you notice that people have hair loss, are short, are old, are far, have bad facial bone structure and other things that may cause them self perception issues. If you are an attractive person with little flaws, congrats to live life one easy mode, but really only 5%of the population are like that

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2021 10:20 pm

8 hours ago, Ndwscar said:

Bear in mind other physical flaws exist except acne. You might not notice many scars on people, but do you notice that people have hair loss, are short, are old, are far, have bad facial bone structure and other things that may cause them self perception issues. If you are an attractive person with little flaws, congrats to live life one easy mode, but really only 5%of the population are like that

Unless you have extensive severe scars people really don't careif you have scars or not. We think too much of it.

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 08/08/2021 6:15 am

This might be true but I think most of us overthink it including myself. My scars are pretty severe and Im extremely depressed over them. But I ve noticed that ever since I have gotten the scars Ive been looking at everyones skin everywhere I go. Something I really did not give a shit about before. I saw a friend who has pretty bad scars on his face recently and hes had these scars for years now. Ive NEVER noticed them or if I have I never cared enough to remember. But now since Im so concerned over my scars I notice his right away. I know this shit sucks but I think most people really dont care about our scars either. And the comments here are pretty biased because we all suffer from scars and low self esteem due to the scars. So we just all feed our negative thinking and energy to each other and continue to spiral down and down.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 08/08/2021 9:46 am

honestly, I think it's a counterproductive topic. For the past 3 years I have been lurko the forum, and almost everyone who has done treatments has had improvements, and often those who have done them for years have had the greatest improvements. Furthermore, medicine seems to be making great strides in a short time; there is talk of gels that could, if inserted into an excision, create scar-free skin. or 3D leather printing to avoid scarring. In short, we will never have uncut skin before acne, but I would not despair. Personally, I am optimistic

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 08/08/2021 6:16 pm

On 8/7/2021 at 2:51 PM, can i get a new life please said:

It is like a curse, treatments not that effective, doctors always charging arm and a leg plus when they get the treatment done results are not predictible i've been lurking on this forum for 7 years plus im getting old my collagen will drop zero in near future.

A curse? Are acne scars *really* a curse? Think about that. Your comment, while not ill meaning, rubs me the wrong way. A curse is like for example being a captive slave for many generations because of the color of your skin or fighting for basic human rights and being spat on. Thats what I would call a dreadful existence. But acne scars? Are acne scars truly a dreadful way to live? The answer is no. Acne scars are cosmetic. I would bet acne scars were very common back in the daywhere kings and queens ruled and very important people like for example Napoleon may have very well had acne scars and without much issue! Do we value Napoleon or queen elizabeth or even President Lincolin any less? No! Heck, it is said Lincoln was dreadfully awful looking by definition of what is considered beautiful yet he was the most desirable man in the world and remains so. While we do have social media to photoshop imperfections, they used painters photoshop paintings for very important people. The paintings you see today of important people are not what they may have looked like. The painting of Mona Lisa would have had acne scars yet she would have wanted to look airbrushed. My point is, acne scars isnt some curse bought on you or anyone else. And as another commenter said, everyone has flaws or insecurities that we would like to fix but to completely say its a curse is the wrong way to look at it. You could very well be someone who is amazing in every way but you have acne scars and you know who cares? No one! Absolutely no one. If you choose to see it as a curse, then you are what they call glass half empty type of person. Meaning that you will look at something and think negatively about it when in fact is only takes a shift in your frame of mind. Im writing this to whoever reads your words about acne scars being a curse and feeling a pit in their stomach about it and feeling like they are less than they truly are. I understand we have our moments to sulk about things but to call it a curse, I strongly disagree. If you look beyond yourself, you will see every single person has their faults and if you hold someone to those faults, you are missing the potential to see who they truly are. This can apply to someone who is 499 pounds or someone who has one leg or someone who simply has stretch marks, I mean the list is endless. There is nothing fundamentally wrong or cursed about any of these qualities, and I hope you start to see that. You cannot enter this world and leave it perfect. You are not guaranteed anything. You could walk out tomorrow and never be the same.Live your life and love yourself.

MemberMember
(@niketgandhir)

Posted : 08/08/2021 11:49 pm

5 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

A curse? Are acne scars *really* a curse? Think about that. Your comment, while not ill meaning, rubs me the wrong way. A curse is like for example being a captive slave for many generations because of the color of your skin or fighting for basic human rights and being spat on. Thats what I would call a dreadful existence. But acne scars? Are acne scars truly a dreadful way to live? The answer is no. Acne scars are cosmetic. I would bet acne scars were very common back in the daywhere kings and queens ruled and very important people like for example Napoleon may have very well had acne scars and without much issue! Do we value Napoleon or queen elizabeth or even President Lincolin any less? No! Heck, it is said Lincoln was dreadfully awful looking by definition of what is considered beautiful yet he was the most desirable man in the world and remains so. While we do have social media to photoshop imperfections, they used painters photoshop paintings for very important people. The paintings you see today of important people are not what they may have looked like. The painting of Mona Lisa would have had acne scars yet she would have wanted to look airbrushed. My point is, acne scars isnt some curse bought on you or anyone else. And as another commenter said, everyone has flaws or insecurities that we would like to fix but to completely say its a curse is the wrong way to look at it. You could very well be someone who is amazing in every way but you have acne scars and you know who cares? No one! Absolutely no one. If you choose to see it as a curse, then you are what they call glass half empty type of person. Meaning that you will look at something and think negatively about it when in fact is only takes a shift in your frame of mind. Im writing this to whoever reads your words about acne scars being a curse and feeling a pit in their stomach about it and feeling like they are less than they truly are. I understand we have our moments to sulk about things but to call it a curse, I strongly disagree. If you look beyond yourself, you will see every single person has their faults and if you hold someone to those faults, you are missing the potential to see who they truly are. This can apply to someone who is 499 pounds or someone who has one leg or someone who simply has stretch marks, I mean the list is endless. There is nothing fundamentally wrong or cursed about any of these qualities, and I hope you start to see that. You cannot enter this world and leave it perfect. You are not guaranteed anything. You could walk out tomorrow and never be the same.Live your life and love yourself.

I respect your opinion but I've been feeling like an outsider ever since I was 12, I started breaking out when I was 12, and it went until 18 and then I did Accutane, but I have to deal with scars for the rest of your life.

So yes, for me it's a curse.

You liked
MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 08/08/2021 11:58 pm

2 minutes ago, NagarNikku_ said:

I respect your opinion but I've been feeling like an outsider ever since I was 12, I started breaking out when I was 12, and it went until 18 and then I did Accutane, but I have to deal with scars for the rest of your life.

So yes, for me it's a curse.

So what now? Where does this thinking ultimately go? What impact does this type of thinking leave on your life? What is your overall goal here?

I leave these questions for you so that you are able to analyze how your thoughts affect how you live your life, and in effectother peoples lives. Try to inspire yourself and others, you will gain more peace.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/09/2021 3:23 am

For real, people. I understand your frustration but constant negative thinking will lead you nowhere but to pure insanity. There are many things MUCH worse than scars. Just treat. You will get better, your scars will get better, you will become strong and you will be much better than any average person you know. Endlesswhining is a road to hell.

Suvvolo, Ishayat, scarsarebeautiful and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/09/2021 12:45 pm

18 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Yes acne scars are curse

MemberMember
(@drezzibongprotonmail-com)

Posted : 08/10/2021 6:57 am

On 8/9/2021 at 12:16 AM, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

To be honest, social interaction and romantic/platonic relationships are key to living a happy life. I would argue that these things are totally fundamental to human psychology as a social species, and that being denied this is leads to a very low quality of life and high risk of suicide, on parwith some of the things you mentioned.

To the extent acne scars cause this; they can be considered a curse yes. Either because of psychological disorders in the person causing them to isolate themselves due to scars, or because humans are objectively not attracted to poor health markers such as bad skin andexcessive scar tissue, and it is a deal breaker for many potential partners.

That's not to say all doom and gloom, scars are just 1 physical flaw after all, it's the whole package of a person more than 1 feature. And scars can be improved in most cases.

scarsarebeautiful, Miro, NagarNikku_ and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/10/2021 10:06 am

On 8/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

The sentiment here is sweet but somereality is being ignored.

Depending on the severity, acne scars will impact the level of respect you'll get from peers, your romantic life, your career and potentially your finances,your mental health, and your confidence. So pretty much a lot of the thingsthat matter in life. Your foundation for a good quality of life is shaken.Acne scars are often associated with drug abuse and/or bad hygiene by ordinary people. Disgust is a powerful human response. Look into what some peoplehave written about the feelings of disgust.

My experience has been that no matter how confident I act, people feel bad for me. Some people look past it, some people look away in horror, and some attack you over it. It is a cursebecause it follows you everywhere. People won't even look you in the eye if it's bad enough, and that takes away your humanity. Deformities are a curse. Some people rise above it and I'mglad to see you have. I personally refuse to invalidate the human reactions I've received over my scars and the real impact it's had on my life.

scarsarebeautiful, Miro, NagarNikku_ and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/10/2021 10:26 am

and I don't post this to be a downer, but being heard and understood is important. I'm sorry anyone has hurt emotionally over their skin. I've been there deeply. Your feelings matter and no onegets it except other scar sufferers.The truth is somewhere in between. We face additional challenges because of scars but your ultimate worth is beyond the stupid skin. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I wish you all well and hope recovery comes through for you mentally and physically.

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 08/10/2021 12:56 pm

2 hours ago, Kay24 said:

and I don't post this to be a downer, but being heard and understood is important. I'm sorry anyone has hurt emotionally over their skin. I've been there deeply. Your feelings matter and no onegets it except other scar sufferers.The truth is somewhere in between. We face additional challenges because of scars but your ultimate worth is beyond the stupid skin. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I wish you all well and hope recovery comes through for you mentally and physically.

I agree that it affects you and how other people may view scarring. I agree with all that you say. However, for my mental health, I refuse to believe my scars are the reason or limitation that I cannot prevail past it. I believe people who don't look past it are assholes and you are better off without them. I hear you, I agree with you, and I understand your pain. Your pain is real. I feel pain too, everyday. Despite this, I try to push forward. I try to look on the bright side, even if its hard. That's how I deal with it for my own sanity. If I start to think about how I wish I can go back in time and never deal with this, I will be the worst version of myself and miserable. That's the part I refuse to accept, being miserable because of my scars. I have my moments, sure do, but mostly I try to say to myself"TO HELL WITH IT, I'M STILL [INSERT POSITIVE ADJECTIVE]" and my mood/mind shifts to where I'm in power of my own thoughts or life and that's the part I'm trying to share to everyone here. Is it my duty to do this here? no. Will some people dislike my approach? sure. but this is how I deal with it, and maybe this helps someone else to see if differently. I do not deny your reality, or anyones reality, but I'm sharing the tools that I use to help me press forward. You have the right to see if as a curse, just like I have the right to not see it as a curse. For me, thoughts are powerful. They define your mood, and in effect define your day, and in effect define your life. It's a full circle. And yes, thoughts don't change reality far to much, people will still feel the way they feel and I can't control that. I can only control myself. I'll end this note here.

facial and Kay24 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2021 3:46 pm

Scars are not a curse, scars are a challenge and a possibility for growth and for becoming a better version of ourselves and better at everything thanmost people.As long as we accept it as a curse, we are stuck and are doomed to be miserable and unsuccessful. I agree with everything you have mentioned - the social difficulties, poor dating / job prospects, the feelings of being viewed as less, as ugly, not worthy of attention or true affection, of being the object of pitty or disgust (don't know which is worse) - I havebeen there, have experienced it all. It can be overwhelming, I know, especially for more sensitive people.

But giving upon our dreams, on ourselves, wallowing in self-pitty or living with the convinction of thebad cards you have been dealt in life and all is lost and hopeless is not a way to live ourlife. We only get one life, one youth, thats it! It is really in our hands to change itto the positive, to work harder for the things others get as if handedon a silverplatelike a girlfriend, or a good / well paying job, or just to have a normal human interraction without constantly thinking about your skin or how the other person sees you. There are so many examples for people who have achieved whatthey want in life despite being born poor,or being pot ugly, or being borderline cretin. They were burning with desire to get what they want and they worked for it, and got it, if not at first attempt, at the second, at the 5th, 20th, you get the idea.

Who cares that the hot chick doesn't notice you, be a guy who can offer a girl much more than attractive looks and there will be MANY who will appreciate and love you for it. Or that somebody looked at you weirdly or stared at your skin who cares, f* them and move on. Or stare back, or smile, there are so many options for you to take control of the situation. There is a saying when there is a will, there is a way, so if you dont have something you want to have, then want it harder, and try,try harder.

All people have limitations and inner struggles, they are just not as visible for other people as our scars are. I am learning instead of focusing on limitations to look for my blessings in life and things to be grateful about. Like clean running watercoming out of the faucet every mornig. Imagine what limitation in life it is being a 9 year old in Kenia who wakes up and instead of going to school covers 100km a day on foot barefootwith a bucket on his headin search of clean drinkable water because his village doesnt have clear water. Every single day. Hundreds of kilometers just forwater. Think about itnext time you turn the faucet on.

Scars are not a curse, but the way wereact to themcan pretty much be a curse. Wemay not get everything you want, but fact is, nobody does ,and chances are wecanstill end up at a happy place. Accept that it is what it is and work hard for everything that you want out of life.