Notifications
Clear all

f_ck, no one got scars except mine when i go outside

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/13/2021 8:15 pm

Can I get a new life - While our feelings are valid imo the most tangible thing that can be done is treatment. Have you been able to have any treatments yet?

MemberMember
(@niketgandhir)

Posted : 08/14/2021 7:23 am

Why are you guys forcing your fake optimism over someone? whatever "can I get a life please" feels about their scar, or whatever you guys or anyone thinks about their own physical feature isn't invalid or can't be dismissed, and why can't they address what they feel here freely?

Why does every thread gets raided with this fake positivity brigade? Everyone here is deep down depressed and that's why everyone is here. I'm not saying we should promote suicidal or depressive behaviour but if y'all just straight up dismiss what you feel about your scars, and supress your bitterness that isn't healthy either is it?

I made a topic because I was extremely depressed about my scarring and "Candy says" comes and says "I'm making a big drama and if I'm looking for compliments" really? REALLY? Do you really think I'll fish compliments on this place out of anywhere in this world?

People gaslighting about scars in real life is enough to deal with so cut this shit out here atleast.

P.S - Don't quote me. I won't really bother arguing.

Kay24 and liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2021 12:06 pm

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is a choice."

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2021 1:04 pm

6 hours ago, NagarNikku_ said:

Why does every thread gets raided with this fake positivity brigade? Everyone here is deep down depressed and that's why everyone is here.

I made a topic because I was extremely depressed about my scarring.

Not everyone here is deep down depressed but if you or anyone else is then Shei and Candy are right - before you seek a dermatologist, seek a therapist. Therapist can help you see things from another perspective and not miss out on your life. Because life goes on, whether you are hiding from the world, or facing the challenges.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/14/2021 1:08 pm

5 hours ago, NagarNikku_ said:

"Candy says" comes and says "I'm making a big drama and if I'm looking for compliments" really? REALLY? Do you really think I'll fish compliments on this place out of anywhere in this world?

i wouldnt mind if you said'i dont like my scars, i dont feel myself confident'. But instead you saidthat you would prefer stage 4 cancer and overall tone was like you have no limbs while your scars are miles away from severe

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 08/14/2021 1:23 pm

Acne scarring can be graded and categorised objectively. Some people on this thread (and including me at one point) have grade four acne scarring which is the worst. This is usually wide spread acne scarring that cannot be covered by make-up and stretching of the skin does not flatten said scars.

My point is some people objectively have it worse here. A guy by the username let me die or something like that had pretty much flat skin and was going on about suicide in his post. For people like me who have battled for years and still will never have skin like his its very triggering. People who speak of depression and suicide should be very careful because there will be a lot of us who end up comparing ourselves and feeling worse afterwards. I know thats more of a me issue that I find that kind of content triggering. But its a fucking joke when people with flat skin even try and pretend they know the struggle of hating yourself and your skin every single day - they do not. Im not calling anyone out on this thread in particular but please be careful. So many of us will never have flat perfect skin it is simply not possible and we have to live with that. Im over seeing content where people complain of suicide and then to see their photos and their skin is flat. Seriously see a therapist.

Im of the opinion that we should help everyone here severe all the way to mild or superficial scarring. But I will not validate everyones pain and struggle.

Sibel, getsmart121, Ishayat and 1 people liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2021 1:41 pm

Everything she said!

Also people who overdramatise the situation browse the forums as well. They seephotos of severe scarring regularly being posted here and are perfectly capable of makinga comparison between their issues and what serious problems look like. But whine anyway.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2021 3:19 pm

1 hour ago, can i get a new life please said:

Why comparing myself to others would make me feel good and not anxious about my scars? This is my life i still got scars and i can understand others pain but it does not give me relief.

Come on dude. I was told about you. Moderate to severe scars oh yeah. 50% improvement from some needling device you bought on Aliexpress 1 treatment. Severe scars oh yeah!

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 08/14/2021 9:34 pm

Guys let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. No need to insult each other. We all suffer to varying degrees.

I remember in high school being distraught about a superficial scar on my cheek which is silly compared to the scars I have now on my temples and two big box scars on both of my cheeks. It's got to be a form of body dysmorphia. It's a real issue. I can see how some people would want to go over the edge no matter how their scars grade out cause i've been there.

As for the topic, it's tough to overcome the fact that we are not like everybody else but the fact remains when you look at the body itself, people have defects whether on the face or below the face or inside their bodies. christina applegate just came out announcing she has multiple sclerosis. she's defected, we just can't see it. In the end we all end up in the same place, rotting in the ground (if you're not cremated).

The way out of this has to be skin grafts with our own skin/cells cultivated in a lab. check out charla nash. her face was mauled by a chimp and was disfigured as much as anybody here. now after her face graft, she has smooth skin. Now, it's not hers and her body rejects the graft without taking medication but we should look at somebody like that as inspiration that someday we may be able to get a face graft that does away with scarred skin. I'd be the first to volunteer if the opportunity presented itself.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/14/2021 9:49 pm

7 minutes ago, GuyGaGa said:

Guys let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. No need to insult each other. We all suffer to varying degrees.

I remember in high school being distraught about a superficial scar on my cheek which is silly compared to the scars I have now on my temples and two big box scars on both of my cheeks. It's got to be a form of body dysmorphia. It's a real issue. I can see how some people would want to go over the edge no matter how their scars grade out cause i've been there.

As for the topic, it's tough to overcome the fact that we are not like everybody else but the fact remains when you look at the body itself, people have defects whether on the face or below the face or inside their bodies. christina applegate just came out announcing she has multiple sclerosis. she's defected, we just can't see it. In the end we all end up in the same place, rotting in the ground (if you're not cremated).

The way out of this has to be skin grafts with our own skin/cells cultivated in a lab. check out charla nash. her face was mauled by a chimp and was disfigured as much as anybody here. now after her face graft, she has smooth skin. Now, it's not hers and her body rejects the graft without taking medication but we should look at somebody like that as inspiration that someday we may be able to get a face graft that does away with scarred skin. I'd be the first to volunteer if the opportunity presented itself.

I dream about something like this in the near future. The current scar treatments are not good enough for a dramatic improvement if you got it bad. Medicine is able to do so much, why can't it solve the problem of dents on the face? Are there actual solutions being worked on at the moment? Or is everyone just trying to keep the status quo where cosmetic industry and doctors make millions off of us and nobody is interested in changing that? They came up with innovation, microcoring, recently and what is it good for? Wrinkles on the chin!

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 08/14/2021 10:13 pm

6 minutes ago, JPK said:

I dream about something like this in the near future. The current scar treatments are not good enough for a dramatic improvement if you got it bad. Medicine is able to do so much, why can't it solve the problem of dents on the face? Are there actual solutions being worked on at the moment? Or is everyone just trying to keep the status quo where cosmetic industry and doctors make millions off of us and nobody is interested in changing that? They came up with innovation, microcoring, recently and what is it good for? Wrinkles on the chin!

I believe we are in the early stages of amazing medicine advancement. I mean just look at google images of face transplant recipients. it's incredible. Now, the problem is recipient rejection of another person's cells. what is the way around it that doctors are naturally going to pursue?logically it would be cultivating new skin from the patient's own stem cells. they're already talking about building new organs out of people's own stem cells. Skin should be child's play in comparison. Now is acne scars the driving force behind this? No, I think it's burn vicitims, victims of severe facial injury due to bombs, animal attacks and so on so forth but anybody with facial defects could benefit including us. I might be inclined to reach out to the medical community to see what they think. I'm 40 right now so I may not benefit but I hope the younger people on here have a chance.

Until that is a reality, I think injectables might be the go to to get the skin as even as possible. The skin might not be 100% but it will be so superficial that you'd feel comfortable being around people with so called flawless skin. Let's think about this, we have injectables already that stir up collagen production. It's not unthinkable to think the next generation of injectables will be even more effective in producing natural collagen. In the end, I believe the scarring is all very superficial with minimal collagen loss.You may think, what? How could that be? Look how thin forehead skin is yet you see some people with scars that are deep on their foreheads. It's like an illusion of sorts. The thinness of the forehead skin leads me to believe that scars look worse than they really are because of minimal collagen loss. what this may mean is that the collagen inducing injectables right now produce very little collagen and that the next generation may improve on that collagen building...enough to effectively flatten scars.

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 08/14/2021 10:30 pm

again guys, look at pictures of charla nash when she was mauled. she had scars on her forehead, across her cheeks and mouth andafter the transplant, no scars on the forehead...no scars anywhere and it looks natural not out of place.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/15/2021 1:17 am

3 hours ago, GuyGaGa said:

3 hours ago, GuyGaGa said:

again guys, look at pictures of charla nash when she was mauled. she had scars on her forehead, across her cheeks and mouth andafter the transplant, no scars on the forehead...no scars anywhere and it looks natural not out of place.

Interesting man. I'll look into it thanks

MemberMember
(@bongomceegmail-com)

Posted : 08/15/2021 11:13 am

13 hours ago, GuyGaGa said:

I believe we are in the early stages of amazing medicine advancement. I mean just look at google images of face transplant recipients. it's incredible. Now, the problem is recipient rejection of another person's cells. what is the way around it that doctors are naturally going to pursue?logically it would be cultivating new skin from the patient's own stem cells. they're already talking about building new organs out of people's own stem cells. Skin should be child's play in comparison. Now is acne scars the driving force behind this? No, I think it's burn vicitims, victims of severe facial injury due to bombs, animal attacks and so on so forth but anybody with facial defects could benefit including us. I might be inclined to reach out to the medical community to see what they think. I'm 40 right now so I may not benefit but I hope the younger people on here have a chance.

Until that is a reality, I think injectables might be the go to to get the skin as even as possible. The skin might not be 100% but it will be so superficial that you'd feel comfortable being around people with so called flawless skin. Let's think about this, we have injectables already that stir up collagen production. It's not unthinkable to think the next generation of injectables will be even more effective in producing natural collagen. In the end, I believe the scarring is all very superficial with minimal collagen loss.You may think, what? How could that be? Look how thin forehead skin is yet you see some people with scars that are deep on their foreheads. It's like an illusion of sorts. The thinness of the forehead skin leads me to believe that scars look worse than they really are because of minimal collagen loss. what this may mean is that the collagen inducing injectables right now produce very little collagen and that the next generation may improve on that collagen building...enough to effectively flatten scars.

This sounds a bit sci fi,if they can do this, it is not only a solution to acne scars , it is a solution to skin ageing in general. This would be quickly become the most sought after profitable venture in all medicine ever. Imagine a world where 75 year old women walk around looking like 21 year olds. I think we are a bit off this mate.

Member Admin
(@ishayat)

Posted : 08/15/2021 1:49 pm

MODERATOR POST PLEASE READ

I will be locking this thread temporarily. I would like to remind everyone that you can block a member by choosing the Ignore User option instead of getting into arguments.

Please read the rules below carefully before you carry on commenting on this thread once it has been unlocked:

• This forumismoderated and we are keeping a close eye on reported content.
  • We welcome healthy disagreement but we do not allow name-calling and personal attacks.Please be considerate and do not hijack someone else's thread with heated arguments.Keep it healthy and level-headed. There are people out there with serious scars and there are also people with body dysmporphia. We should all consider these things before attacking someone like this. Here we try to give everyone a safe space where everyone can share their issues and making posts like these will only discourage them.