Notifications
Clear all

Best Treatment For Nose Pits? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 12/13/2012 11:23 am

vvvv.jpg

Ive had those scars for bout 8 years now..

I tried tca cross once, but I didnt like it. Derm told me I wasnt allowed to wash my nose for a day or two and that caused my nose to produce more oil and most of the scabs turned into whiteheads. Scabs with pus underneath. What do you guys think would help me lessen the appearance of those pits? I got those pits by the way from extracting huge blackheads. HUGE as in SUPER BIG BLACKHEADS and a few cysts.

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 12/13/2012 11:55 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/14/2012 11:42 am

I've never had much success crossing enlarged pores. The best thing I've done is consistently using a chemical exfoliant, like weekly glycolic peels or daily retin-a, with a collagen builder like copper peptides or vitamin C serum. I think it also helps that I'm older and don't have nearly as much of a problem with oily skin as I did in my early twenties.

So the enlarged pores on my nose aren't perfect, but they look much better. Of course, this is over several years, so it really requires patience.

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 12/14/2012 12:00 pm

thanks! anyone else?

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 12/16/2012 10:19 am

bump

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 12/16/2012 6:58 pm

thanks! anyone else?

I'm wondering if you can post a few more images but in different angles such as a front shot. More images with the camera that close to your face would help us help you!

MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 12/17/2012 9:29 am

This is actually really interesting for me as this is actually much closer to the problem I have than most others around here - I've got a few enlarged/scarred pores myself from blackheads, too - I honestly and genuinely wouldn't care if they were on my cheek, forehead, wherever - but there's something about the nose that just supremely depresses me. Your picture is probably the first I've seen in all my trawling of the net that resembles mine.

I'm not sure about TCA Cross either, have read good and bad, but just the potential for something to go wrong seems quite high.

I was thinking of dermarolling with a 0.5mm over the skin stretched taut - The owner of the OwnDoc site advised against anything larger for the nose, because there's no fat beneath the skin there so the reaction's unpredictable compared to virtually everywhere else on the body. And I will incorporate Copper Peptides into it for remodelling (SuperCP and Supercop X2), every though I'm not sure a 0.5mm is piercing deep enough for any significant filling in of bad scars.

Single needling is actually just about the one thing I've read about that seems to produce excellent results, without too many potential horror stories, so I may consider that also if the 0.5mm roller doesn't give any sort of positive reaction.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It's at least a little comforting to know others are in the same position as you are.

strawberry nose, Мyth, lenlenlen and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 12/24/2012 9:47 am

I would try Retin-A for about a year and then consider other options, if it doesn't seem to help. I wouldn't try Cross, and it's hard to say if dermarolling or needling would help with that type of scarring on the nose area. Dermabrasion might work, but it has very high risks and I personally wouldn't go through with it in your case. Retin-A is a safe and good option to start with. (Y)

MemberMember
(@brarei200)

Posted : 12/25/2012 11:00 pm

Where's the scars??? Bro, it's not bad at all.

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 01/02/2013 5:57 am

geez ur nose is ok, but you can try carbon laser for dramatic result

MemberMember
(@ireneferdz08)

Posted : 05/13/2013 9:21 am

i also have lots of pits.. not only on my nose.. even on my cheeks.. i hear you :(

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 05/25/2013 11:00 am

still havent done anything in my nose yet.. just differin everyday. Its not doing anything aside from lessening blackheads.

hii_zpse78deade.jpg

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 05/25/2013 12:51 pm

I have something like that too.
I am thinking about dermabrasion, not the micro one. But I haven't consulted a plastic surgeon yet, I will wait and see.

For the mean time, I always use primer + foundation to cover them up, I would say they are better by at least 70%

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 05/28/2013 5:02 am

would co2 laser help?

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 06/01/2013 8:01 am

would punch excision work on the deeper ones?

MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 06/09/2013 6:35 pm

Just to come back to this, as per my earlier post, I did try needling with a single 1.8mm needle, which is about the best depth for resurfacing and filling in scars. Unfortunately, session 1 scabbed, healed, and was back to square one - still the same size without any improvement. I did not use copper peptides for this attempt.

I had a go at attempt 2 several days ago, but this time I am using Copper Peptides (GHK-CU - not the 2nd gen junk like supercop and cp serum). I will update you on the progess.

Surgeons seem not to recommend typical scar improvement techniques for the nose. Mostly laser are the recommendations I see. However I cannot afford extensive laser treatment. I can afford single needles and copper peptides.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 06/10/2013 12:23 am

Thank you for your update sir!

MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 06/17/2013 8:41 am

It has now been about 10 days since I needled the scars. I have seen advice saying to needle only gently, but to be brutally honest, I've lived long enough with the damn pits that I went all in - I needled it like crazy with a 1.8mm needle, literally about 20+ times at least, and then I stamped the area very aggressively all around the pits with a 1mm. It bled quite badly after all this.

I didn't want to post results prematurely as there will always be swelling. When the scabs fell off, it looked the exact same depth with no improvement...again. But now since the scabs fell off 5 or 6 days ago, it actually appears to be very slowly improving daily. I'm using Copper Peptides everyday in the morning (the genuine, 1st generation copper peptide ghk-cu). I actually only noticed this morning when I look in my bathroom mirror - and it's one of those awful fluroesent tube lights that makes everything look awful - that the pits are most definitely not as obvious when I stand 1 meter from the mirror as they used to be.

So far it's too early to call it conclusively but it appears to be working. The only difference between this and my first time is using the real copper peptides.

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 06/20/2013 6:21 am

wow.. That is progree.. Id like to see some pictures after the swelling has gone down

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 06/21/2013 9:28 pm

After seeing your second picture, I actually think TCA cross might help. They look a lot like ice pick scars. You might be able to find a doctor who does punch excision/punch float.

I think most people wouldn't believe it's scarring. Your skin looks good.

giveback liked
MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 08/02/2013 2:48 am

Me again. I have now done 4 needling sessions with a 1.8mm single needle, 3 of those times I used Copper Peptides directly afterwards and daily thereafter.

There is a most definite improvement, however it is very slow. I will be doing session 5 in the middle of August at the earliest. There is about 40% improvement over the 4 sessions, so realistically I think it will be at least a year before I get very good results. Definitely no quick fixes when it comes to the nose!

I don't have a good camera, so it was difficult to exactly chart my progress, and a few times I was asking myself - is it improved or am I imagining it? However, the way I know it is dramatically improved, is by comparing the two pit scars to other scarred pores I have. The two pit scars I wanted to treat dwarfed the other pits, and were visible literally 2 feet away in the mirror. Now, I cannot see them from that distance at all, and when I go closer to the mirror, they actually resemble the other pit scars I have.

I'll update again around the end of August/early September.

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 08/04/2013 2:10 am

thank u sir

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/05/2013 10:58 am

Where did you get your needles sir?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/15/2013 3:54 pm

Me again. I have now done 4 needling sessions with a 1.8mm single needle, 3 of those times I used Copper Peptides directly afterwards and daily thereafter.

There is a most definite improvement, however it is very slow. I will be doing session 5 in the middle of August at the earliest. There is about 40% improvement over the 4 sessions, so realistically I think it will be at least a year before I get very good results. Definitely no quick fixes when it comes to the nose!

I don't have a good camera, so it was difficult to exactly chart my progress, and a few times I was asking myself - is it improved or am I imagining it? However, the way I know it is dramatically improved, is by comparing the two pit scars to other scarred pores I have. The two pit scars I wanted to treat dwarfed the other pits, and were visible literally 2 feet away in the mirror. Now, I cannot see them from that distance at all, and when I go closer to the mirror, they actually resemble the other pit scars I have.

I'll update again around the end of August/early September.

Where did you get your needles?

And how much time is spaced apart for every treatment?

MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 11/21/2013 9:38 pm

Hi, me again.

After this length, I can report, that out of 2 particularly horrible life altering scars on my nose, one has filled in slightly. Maybe 30%.

That's about a year since individual needling, and TCA peels....so, one scar, as big as ever with no response, one scar, has filled in somewhat.

It's incredibly slow progress. Believe me, as much as anyone, I want an instant fix, but....I think honestly it'll take YEARS, if not more, to fill them in completely.

I have been needling, TCA 25% peels, etc, but....it really is just a very slow process. One scar on my nose has responded OK, with an improvement, the other deep scar, is not responding at all, and is still as bad as ever after needling and TCA.