Notifications
Clear all

Best Treatment For Nose Pits? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 11/22/2013 9:36 pm

Hi, me again.

After this length, I can report, that out of 2 particularly horrible life altering scars on my nose, one has filled in slightly. Maybe 30%.

That's about a year since individual needling, and TCA peels....so, one scar, as big as ever with no response, one scar, has filled in somewhat.

It's incredibly slow progress. Believe me, as much as anyone, I want an instant fix, but....I think honestly it'll take YEARS, if not more, to fill them in completely.

I have been needling, TCA 25% peels, etc, but....it really is just a very slow process. One scar on my nose has responded OK, with an improvement, the other deep scar, is not responding at all, and is still as bad as ever after needling and TCA.

So from your year of needling,

Which parts of the nose responds best to needling nd which parts does not respond well?

MemberMember
(@lamchopz)

Posted : 12/06/2013 12:24 am

Sarah Vaughter of 'owndoc' doesn't recommend needling on the nose, I'd do some more research about your nose before you commit to needling that area.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 12/06/2013 2:55 am

Sarah Vaughter of 'owndoc' doesn't recommend needling on the nose, I'd do some more research about your nose before you commit to needling that area.

what does work?

MemberMember
(@lamchopz)

Posted : 12/15/2013 9:33 pm

I'm not saying dermaroller won't work on the nose

This is from owndoc's dermaroller pdf

'Scars on the nose All invasive skin treatments on the nose are risky because this area reacts and heals
unpredictable and it can end up worse. You can try a 1 mm dermastamp but never perform any aggressive
stamping here. Start slowly and try one small area first'

I don't have any scars on my nose, just pigmentation and some visible pores so I'm not the right person to give advice.

I can say that I've had fraxel restore and that didn't have any detrimental (nor positive) effect on my nose.

MemberMember
(@terrorfirmer)

Posted : 07/12/2014 10:28 am

Hi guys,

Just back for as update, since its summer 2014! So I've been trying things for the past 2 years now.

I have found something that has definitely worked very well for me.

Disclaimer: do not try this without being aware that it may go very wrong for you, I have very tough skin.

I used 50% TCA as a spot treatment using a cotton bud on the side of my nose where the two worst pits are. I have lots of huge pores but these two ones are the bane of my life...or they were. Warning: Not everyone's skin is going to be able to take 50% TCA, and the results are very, very unpredictable so be warned. I'm not advising that people use it.

I put the 50% solution onto a cotton bud, and applied it vigorously to the area. The frosting was so intense it lasted for hours. At this point I was terrified that I had done serious damage. Even more terrifying, the result scab was large, deep, and lasted three weeks. I thought when it finally came off I was going to be left with a huge hole in my nose.

And, onto the bad stuff first - I was left with a hollow in my nose where the tca was, the whole area is slightly sunken now. This will show you how dangerous TCA at this strength it. I can't stress that enough. but it's not noticable except in certain lighting and it doesn't bother me too much - because the two freakin massive scarred pores that I was treating have been massively filled in. This is actually 3 months after I did it, so it's looking very good now. It's not perfect and the large pores are still visible, but they are SO much improved.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 08/26/2014 10:08 am

Can we some photos of the one treated with 50% tca?

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:53 pm

Anyone else with success stories regarding nose scars? Please please leave comments. Thanks.

Bump

MemberMember
(@cryssy)

Posted : 09/23/2015 7:29 pm

I had this problem and when I take a shower (Hot showers) i use Toothpaste with baking soda,, it helps to open the pores and clean them out. this is the second week that I have done this with every shower and it has improved my skin..

MemberMember
(@peterpan12)

Posted : 12/01/2016 2:32 am

bump

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 10/29/2017 3:18 pm

Ive had 2 more sessions of 100% tca cross on my nose pits in 2015. No improvements. Any recommendations?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/29/2017 4:26 pm

Tca cross month after month,do it right,get a toithpick and whittle it skinny,use 100% tca,leave it in the tca for a few mins to pick up the tca and then pull your nose so you stretch the scar and dab the tca into the scar firmly then pull the toothpick out.

dont interfere with the scabs,wash normal but dont rub vigorously,just massage.if you are ok with moisturiser just moisturise it carefully.

repeat monthly till they are raised.you can then use a 25%ish peel every month (no more cross)

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 10/30/2017 4:15 am

12 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Tca cross month after month,do it right,get a toithpick and whittle it skinny,use 100% tca,leave it in the tca for a few mins to pick up the tca and then pull your nose so you stretch the scar and dab the tca into the scar firmly then pull the toothpick out.

dont interfere with the scabs,wash normal but dont rub vigorously,just massage.if you are ok with moisturiser just moisturise it carefully.

repeat monthly till they are raised.you can then use a 25%ish peel every month (no more cross)

Ok thank you. This post is almost 6 yrs ago and do u think Tca cross is still the best for this type of scarring?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/30/2017 7:35 am

In a way its the only type of yreatment that works,rf microneedling might help but at home its tca cross is the only thing that will sort it.

doing a 25% peel monthly might reduce them but the peel you do all over your face if you got scar elsewhere.tca cross targets the scar and it will definately work,you must do it correctly and get the tca into the scar,right into the floor of the scar.
:)

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 01/31/2018 10:46 am

On 12/14/2012 at 0:23 AM, giveback said:

vvvv.jpg

Ive had those scars for bout 8 years now..

I tried tca cross once, but I didnt like it. Derm told me I wasnt allowed to wash my nose for a day or two and that caused my nose to produce more oil and most of the scabs turned into whiteheads. Scabs with pus underneath. What do you guys think would help me lessen the appearance of those pits? I got those pits by the way from extracting huge blackheads. HUGE as in SUPER BIG BLACKHEADS and a few cysts.

hello give back i know na parehas tayong pinoy may mga nabasa ako sa mga post mo parehas tayo ng problema mas malala pa nga yung saken sa tingin ko i hope makahanap ka ng paraan para magamot mo yung scars mo sa nose pwede tayo mag usap sa facebook para makapagtulungan tayong dalawa add mo lng ako (carl ryan)

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 01/31/2018 11:27 am

On 10/30/2017 at 8:35 PM, Quadboy said:

In a way its the only type of yreatment that works,rf microneedling might help but at home its tca cross is the only thing that will sort it.

doing a 25% peel monthly might reduce them but the peel you do all over your face if you got scar elsewhere.tca cross targets the scar and it will definately work,you must do it correctly and get the tca into the scar,right into the floor of the scar.
:)

hello i got same scar like @giveback has and i think mine much much worst than giveback has my camera has a low  MP but if you see it in person it looks terrible i fucking hate scars i hope i can move this scar on my cheeks or forehead sorry for bad english can you please help me what should i do i live in the philippines i got some bumps too :(

IMG_2198.PNG

IMG_2199.PNG

IMG_2200.PNG

IMG_2201.PNG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/31/2018 9:48 pm

@strawberry nose The standard treatment for this affliction that those of Asian ethnicity suffer from is laser on the nose, they occasionally will also inject any bumps with dilute steriod. See a doctor who specializes in our skin type and resurfacing the nose. This condition is calledrhinophyma.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 02/01/2018 12:14 am

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@strawberry nose    The standard treatment for this affliction that those of Asian ethnicity suffer from is laser on the nose, they occasionally will also inject any bumps with dilute steriod. See a doctor who specializes in our skin type and resurfacing the nose. This condition is called rhinophyma.

thanks @beautifulambition how much does it cost? i distrust doctors here im pretty scared and i have school i cant get laser right now is there any chance that i can remove these holes from derma pen im planning to buy one im so desperate sometimes i was thinking to do sanding on my nose it looks so bad in person :( 

are you sure its rhinophyma? i think its hypertrophic scar i got it from popping a pimple i got a bad habit when i was younger i thought acne scar is easy to treat and i squeeze my blackheads and now i feel so depressed everyday everytime i wake up the first thing i do is to go at the mirror check if something happens i already done 30% tca cross all over my face my cheeks had improvement like 30% i guess but on the nose part ive seen 50% improvement in the first week and after first week my nose goes back from zero to 50% i thought its permanent but it only last a week :( hopp

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2018 7:43 am

Your skin is in very good condition in the pics, so hard to judge...

You need to see a expert who knows your skin type for sure. I have seen rhinophyma several times with those of your skin type... but your right it could be just keloids and you would treat this with steroid injections. You have to keep doing tca cross, you can't do it only a few times until it reaches the height your looking for with the scar bed then you can resurface the area.

Peels will not fix a raised keloid, a doctor must inject it. Several treatments for keloids under the faq - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, in the top section it talks about scar types. Laser works for Rhinophyma. This can't be treated at home.

Laser can be a thousand to a few thousand, depends where you live, or it could be cheaper in your country / area.

Sanding your nose you will have more scars and infection, not a good thing!! We are not wood furniture, bad idea in so many ways.

Dermapen will not fix this. The only thing you can try if your low on money is get the raised bumps injected with steroid and continue with your peels and cross ongoing.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 02/01/2018 10:57 am

14 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Your skin is in very good condition in the pics, so hard to judge...

You need to see a expert who knows your skin type for sure. I have seen rhinophyma several times with those of your skin type... but your right it could be just keloids and you would treat this with steroid injections. You have to keep doing tca cross, you can't do it only a few times until it reaches the height your looking for with the scar bed then you can resurface the area.

Peels will not fix a raised keloid, a doctor must inject it. Several treatments for keloids under the faq - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, in the top section it talks about scar types. Laser works for Rhinophyma. This can't be treated at home.

Laser can be a thousand to a few thousand, depends where you live, or it could be cheaper in your country / area.

Sanding your nose you will have more scars and infection, not a good thing!! We are not wood furniture, bad idea in so many ways.

Dermapen will not fix this. The only thing you can try if your low on money is get the raised bumps injected with steroid and continue with your peels and cross ongoing.

thanks im pretty sure its just a hypertrophic scar hmm i got few ice picks scars on my nose do you think it wont work using dermapen? i read some few articles and most of them seen improvement but it takes a lot of time i already tried dermarolling 1.00mm and i only seen minimal improvement like 20% for 7 months i already stop using it because it takes so much time for minimal improvement i think its not worth it and it hurts a lot im interested in the derma pen thing bcuz they say that dermapen is better than dermarolling and much more easier to use and way more cheaper than lasers and most of clinics here is too far so im doing it by my self

i already done 2 session of tca cross whole face at home should i continue this TCA and how many teartments should i do? what do you think is better TCA cross or dermapen? maybe both? or stick to tca cross?

~i hope you can understand me im not really good at english -.-

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2018 11:19 pm

Then keep doing your peels if you will not see a dermatologist.

My recommendations again are:
* Dilute steriod injection for the keloids
* TCA Cross on the large pores and icepicks (you need several of them)
* TCA peels to resurface the skin (keep doing them it will take alot if the doctor is not doing a deeper peel)

I do not see the dermapen helping you but sure why not use it if you want in conjunction with your peels at home they work together.

There is a point if you do it yourself you will not get that extra percentage you want form a doctor especially the nose with laser. It's not normal facial skin.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 02/02/2018 12:58 am

my biggest problem is the steroid injection im trying to find a near clinic in my hometown to treat this bumps but i cant find one its really hard to commute here in the philippines the traffic here is forever i dont know what to do im so confused ill get laser soon if im too desperate but ill try the dermapen and tca cross if im satisfied with the result then i wont get laser anymore im gonna do the tca cross until it fill my scars to 70%~80% then tca peel after the cross im planning to do this method you think this would work? in this month im gonna do tca cross and the next month derma pen? or maybe stick just stick to tca cross? my only concern is this scars on  my nose im scared because it might get worse from derma pen and i dont want to waste my time,money,effort i always sarifice my weekends to treat my scars i know i need to be patient but how long im so depressed sometimes i wish i didnt exist in this world im suffering acne/acne scars for many years im so tired treating this skin :(

@beautifulambition thank you for your advices youre a good person i hope you get lucky in life you help people for free youre so kind Godbless you and your family/friends thanks a lot ¤ï¸

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 04/30/2018 7:02 am

Hello @giveback please reply what is your condition now was your scars filled or as same please reply

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 04/30/2018 6:41 pm

Hi mine did not improve. Maybe because i should have done more

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 05/03/2018 6:57 am

Is there any change in your pores size and ice pick scars size

I have same problem with my nose and I tried to remove all sebum from holes and apply bandich so now it's 6 days and see 50% improvement in my scars hope this results was permanent

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 07/24/2018 6:16 pm

On 6/12/2013 at 2:24 AM, lamchopz said:

I read her comments before single-needling my nose. She didn't recommend it as she wasn't sure how the cartilage would react.

Anyhow, I single needled my nose tip several times and it didn't go wrong. It didn't go right either. I basically saw no effect except for a lot redness and even scabs on the couple of ocassions in which i needled the scar a bit too much.

I don't think single needling the nose is risky at all, not even if you go extremely hard on a particular scar as I did. I'd be a lot more wary on trying TCA cross, though.