Notifications
Clear all

Oil Cleansing Method - Ruined My Skin And Now I Can't Fix It No Matter What I Do! Please Help!

MemberMember
(@luminoussteel)

Posted : 04/18/2016 1:38 pm

On 6/28/2015 at 2:39 AM, anadia said:

I recommend trying Kombucha (just look up Kombucha acne in google and read some other results)

I've struggled with acne consistently for years and have tried every treatment, scrub, medicine, you name it. I had pretty much given up. Then I started drinking kombucha (I started drinking it for other reasons) and I immediately saw clearer skin. The next day, my skin wasn't nearly as red. Within a week, my face was totally clear. It is AMAZING. Granted, I've heard that you have to drink fresh, live kombucha (rather than store bought, it's less effective because they kill the culture so it stops fermenting). I get mine at a Saturday market fresh. It is AMAZING. Not only that, it helps with weight loss and other things.

Basically, it's an internal thing. It adds GOOD bacteria to your gut and balances everything in your body. Seriously, try it. If you can't find anyone that brews it fresh, you can try making it yourself! It's supposed to be really easy.

are you being serious or just advertising?

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 04/29/2016 10:32 am

Ok.
Ok.
I have a radical idea. Instead of massaging your face with comodegenic oils and pushing the dirt into your pores and then Irritating the he'll out of your skin with steam... Why dobt you try a cleansing oil? Hear me out.
A cleansing oil is a mixture of oils and emulsifiers. You massage it into your skin but instead of having to obliterate your skin with hot water or a cloth, you then massage a bit of cold water into your skin to emulsifiers it and it dissolves and disappears along with all the dirt. You gwt the benefit of a regular cleanser minus the irritation and benefit of the oil dissolving qualities of well, oil.
You can buy them online, or make your oneself with whatever oil you'd like (but for the love of god stay away from heavy oils please) and an emulsifier you can buy from soap making websites. There's tons of recipes online.

If you're using comodegenic oils no wonder it didn't work for you. And if you steamed and used for cloth everyday well that's a sure way to spot city.

MemberMember
(@douglas123)

Posted : 05/12/2016 6:28 pm

Hi there,
I just wanted to relate a story myself maybe it can help you.I have just started using Zinc Oxide Facial sunscreen. I live in the Caribbean and I have issues going out in the sun and occasionally get burnt it also doesn't help my skin and triggers acne. I decided to by some face cream SPF for the sun and low and behold this stuff is helping my skin! I have seen a very noticeable difference in my skin and the red marks have gone down considerably. I've only been using this stuff for two days and its very good so far. I just wanted to say to anyone struggling with acne try Zinc Oxide its very cheap too! I bought a small tube for $7 US and its working great. Itfeels very good on my skin too.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@jenn-jenn)

Posted : 05/14/2016 8:25 pm

I like the OCM. It is not in anyway suitable for everyone. The one thing about the OCM method too is that you have to experiment and see what kind of oils will work with your skin and not clog it and break it out. If your easily prone to getting clogged then I would recommend doing a double cleanse method. The OCM first to get all the dirt, oil, and makeup off your face and then a gentle cleanser after to get off the oil/residue that your skin is reacting too. If you want to go the all natural route then try washing your face with honey. Another option is just wiping it away with a cotton ball and toner, such as apple cider vinegar or witch hazel (which i prefer). If you like the OCM method and don't want to have to deal with the residue or doing a double cleanse method, then I would recommend just buying a cleansing oil/balm like the DHC cleansing oil which washes off easily when water gets into contact with it. Just doing this alone won't cure you from acne though, that is depending on your skin and acne type. Acne still needs to be treated with an acne treatment for it to go away especially if you are wanting a quick result, and to prevent new ones from coming to the surface of skin. I'm no way an expert, but this is what has worked for me and my sister. I switch between the OCM and my DHC cleansing oil and then follow through with my treatment and moisturizer. She uses make up remover, and washes her face with honey and uses apple cider vinegar as a toner, then the treatment and then lotion. Everyone's skin is different and finding a cure for acne is a journey, but one day you'll find the right regime that works for you.

MemberMember
(@486767_1443953411)

Posted : 06/20/2016 11:55 pm

I tried OCM just over two years ago. I am finally, somewhat, comfortable in my own skin again. I still have scars and hyperpigmentation. It was truly one of the hardest experiences of my life. I waited a year (a year too long) to begin using the acne.org regime. It worked for me. Bonuses to all the sh*%, I became more humble and had the chance to walk in the shoes, or wear the face, of someone I have never been before. Meditation helped my mind. OH YEAH, and my good friends, it took me a year and a half to let them know why I suddenly had all this acne, and GUESS WHAT?!?!? They couldn't care less. Love yourself Ladies. I found so much support through this forum and I hope you can too. It WILL get better. It DOES get better.

sam3007 liked
MemberMember
(@stacey-gutierrez)

Posted : 04/04/2017 3:02 am

So it's been like 4 months since I've stopped oil cleansing. I do get breakouts but I wanna know if the buzzys essential soap is helping. I cleanse with the soap only at night and I tone with witch hazel astringent but I don't moisturize because I'm not sure what moisturizer to use, I wanted to use the say yes to cucumbers one but I'm not sure what it will do. I only use the Acuremosturizer in every day.I just don't know what to do about scarring. And what does the benzoyl peroxide do? Will it help the few breakouts that I might getting? I'm not sure if my pores are still clogged, is there a way to know if they are/aren't? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@bahagimbilang)

Posted : 10/05/2017 5:21 am

Hello. I'm starting to get concerned with the OCM method too. Since I started using it, my skin turned flaky and dry. Whenever I would wipe my face with a hanky, dead skin will start to show and this has bothered me ever since. Also I've been getting more and more cystic acne than I used to have when I was using facial cleansers and soaps. My skin turned rough than smooth so and its only been a month since I started using it. I do not know if I should still continue or not. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@fiannajoseph)

Posted : 10/06/2017 12:45 am

Hey oil cleansing method generally wont work for all skin types. So instead of going with oil cleansing method there are even mild cleansing lotions that are available online kindly check it out. Recently i have bough a product by going through a website and it really works.