Notifications
Clear all

I'm Sooo Depressed Because Of My Acne!

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/23/2012 10:10 am

thanks Elsewhere...

i'm Bipolar II actually....no one else knows that i'm suffering from this disorder but a few of my family and closest relatives...10 people max..... actually the major depressive ep's are the worst..... crying myself to sleep at night..... feeling worthless and down...constantly...Zero confidence!

my hypomanic episodes are scattered...... actually went on about 2 months of SSRI ati-depressant and lithium....and then i stopped popping pills.... i haven't gone back to my psych although i'm planning to........

this org has been a huge help for me emotionally....... i don't know you guys personally but i feel like we're all family..... at least in this site i feel like i'm ACCEPTED for who i am..... not like in my real life where i avoid everything!

i have nothing but deep gratitude for all of you guys!!!!

The depressive episodes are so awful - my heart and respect goes out to you. I generally only deal with the depression a few months out of the year - Type 1 tends towards the manic side - but dear god, they are so crushing. So I have mad, crazy, utmost respect for those who deal with it on a daily basis. Please know that. Yours is not an easy path.

Very few people irl know the specifics of my disorder, too. I'm much more free with it online. The most people generally know is that I am on medication for some unspecified anxiety problem and that's as far as I let them know. The secrecy is lonely sometimes, but also nesscary. So I'm really glad you feel comfortable sharing about it here.

I really wish I could do an SSR, especially for the winter depressions. But those tend to send me through the roof - and my manias are what see me destroying my life the most. I hope you find one that works for you.

Add the horrors that acne is on top of all that, and I can see why it's so important to have a family here. For a long, long time this place was my family, too. And I come back here to find out that it still is. It's invaluable.

Keep us updated. Don't be afraid to be honest about what you feel, even if it's awful. It's okay to share.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/23/2012 7:20 pm

thanks Elsewhere...

i'm Bipolar II actually....no one else knows that i'm suffering from this disorder but a few of my family and closest relatives...10 people max..... actually the major depressive ep's are the worst..... crying myself to sleep at night..... feeling worthless and down...constantly...Zero confidence!

my hypomanic episodes are scattered...... actually went on about 2 months of SSRI ati-depressant and lithium....and then i stopped popping pills.... i haven't gone back to my psych although i'm planning to........

this org has been a huge help for me emotionally....... i don't know you guys personally but i feel like we're all family..... at least in this site i feel like i'm ACCEPTED for who i am..... not like in my real life where i avoid everything!

i have nothing but deep gratitude for all of you guys!!!!

The depressive episodes are so awful - my heart and respect goes out to you. I generally only deal with the depression a few months out of the year - Type 1 tends towards the manic side - but dear god, they are so crushing. So I have mad, crazy, utmost respect for those who deal with it on a daily basis. Please know that. Yours is not an easy path.

Very few people irl know the specifics of my disorder, too. I'm much more free with it online. The most people generally know is that I am on medication for some unspecified anxiety problem and that's as far as I let them know. The secrecy is lonely sometimes, but also nesscary. So I'm really glad you feel comfortable sharing about it here.

I really wish I could do an SSR, especially for the winter depressions. But those tend to send me through the roof - and my manias are what see me destroying my life the most. I hope you find one that works for you.

Add the horrors that acne is on top of all that, and I can see why it's so important to have a family here. For a long, long time this place was my family, too. And I come back here to find out that it still is. It's invaluable.

Keep us updated. Don't be afraid to be honest about what you feel, even if it's awful. It's okay to share.

thank you soooo soooo much..... your words are comfort to me.... it's nice to have someone who understands what i'm going through....

MemberMember
(@ascanigirlcomcast-net)

Posted : 11/24/2012 10:35 pm

Hang in there okay and remember you have everyone at Acne.org for support to help you get through this.

Thanks so much......

Still breaking out at this point..... Plus my neice just asked me literally a while ago "when did you start having pimples?"............ Was dumbstruck again and said nothing..... I felt myself shrink back again and being devoured by my blackhole........ Wtf???? Kids say the meanest things sometimes...

I completely understand how you feel. The same thing happened to me the other day ago with one of my friends who is only a year younger than me (freshman in high school). We were in study and she asked me to get her some tape and I was thinking "okay... you dont have any work out?.." and she said, lets see if we can pull the blackheads out of your nose! I have been on medication for 4 months which has practically cleared up my skin except for my pores, so she broke down all of my newly built up confidence in less than a minute. It hurts a lot, and it only made it worse because she is one of my good friends. I can only hope that on accutane it will completely eliminate the rest of my blemishes.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:53 am

...yep.... i can understand that hurt.......

i hope others would learn to filter what they are about to say first... because they don't have any idea how their words hurt....

we live in a cruel world......

MemberMember
(@icing)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:19 am

I know exactly how you feel. I isolate myself, I've called in sick and skipped because of a really bad acne day. I stay in my room too much and try to hide. I'm fighting trying to be depressed, but I'm embarrassed to look people in the eyes and I always have my head bent down low to the ground. :(

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:53 am

I know exactly how you feel. I isolate myself, I've called in sick and skipped because of a really bad acne day. I stay in my room too much and try to hide. I'm fighting trying to be depressed, but I'm embarrassed to look people in the eyes and I always have my head bent down low to the ground. sad.png

yeah... ive spent many many days being like that too.... afraid to go out.... afraid that people would look at me..........

the heartaches that comes with acne........ no one ever told me it would be this hard and hurtfull saywhat.gif

MemberMember
(@leweyjuventino)

Posted : 11/29/2012 1:54 am

To anyone reading this on roaccutone I urge you to not take that poison it will ruin youre looks forever acne is temporary and if you increase youre nutrition and exercise and get natural products to help you out you will save youre body a lifetime worth of health problems caused by 1 horrific drug roaccutone is just not worth it but don't feel depressed when the acne goes you will look good the scars will heal!!. just don't go on roaccutone because it changed youre DNA so healing for scarring is alot harder.. peace and good luck x

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:40 am

Im on my 2nd course of accutane_acnotin brand.... If i.m still not clear, and my derm would tell me to take a third round, i think i will decline.... New resolution... I.ll eat healthy and avoid foods that aggravate acne...ando also trying to use all organic products.... Will try the wholistic approach.... Hope and pray it works... Please be good 2013

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 01/04/2013 1:34 pm

I feel you :// Im laying here crying because i dont wanna put makeup on for work but i cant go out looking like this monster://///!

Its killing me on the inside and out idk what to start or do! Ill keep searching i guess.

MemberMember
(@sofielinney)

Posted : 01/06/2013 1:20 pm

My acne looked identical to yours a few months ago and i understand how much it can destroy your self esteem and how hard it is to control! My Derm also believed my acne was due to hormones, stress of uni and touching my face too much. He put me on dianette 35, tetracycline lymecycline and epiduo. Its taken 3 months to kick in but im slowly starting to see progress. Honey masks are also great

Just remember you're beautiful and it wont be like this forever! Good luck ! smile.png

MemberMember
(@kbeex3)

Posted : 01/06/2013 3:49 pm

I feel your pain I feel the same exact way and I can't do it anymore. I feel like I'm just going through the motions and I don't want to live this way anymore specially because I have a 9month old and I want to start going out and doing things with her and I don't because I'm just to self conscious that everyone is looking at my acne! :/ i don't do anything anymore because of it. And my family doesn't understand why I get so upset about it or when people come over I hide in my room if I dont have make up on :/ (which just ends up making it looking worse but i would never go out in public without it) i dream of being one of those girls who can just wake up and walk out the door with no make up! I'm currently on tretinoin 0.5% and clindymacin and doxycycline and I'm in the initial breakout stage and I'm feeling even worse now cause it worse than before I started :( but I'm going to stick with it and see what it does praying that this will help me! Hope you have luck too! Keep your head up!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 01/24/2013 8:42 am

I feel your pain I feel the same exact way and I can't do it anymore. I feel like I'm just going through the motions and I don't want to live this way anymore specially because I have a 9month old and I want to start going out and doing things with her and I don't because I'm just to self conscious that everyone is looking at my acne! :/ i don't do anything anymore because of it. And my family doesn't understand why I get so upset about it or when people come over I hide in my room if I dont have make up on :/ (which just ends up making it looking worse but i would never go out in public without it) i dream of being one of those girls who can just wake up and walk out the door with no make up! I'm currently on tretinoin 0.5% and clindymacin and doxycycline and I'm in the initial breakout stage and I'm feeling even worse now cause it worse than before I started sad.png but I'm going to stick with it and see what it does praying that this will help me! Hope you have luck too! Keep your head up!

hey there guys....... hope ya'll are doing fine... well today i feel weird... up and down.... up and down...the roller coaster ride with acne+bipolar......that is my life....

Keribee.... you are beautiful...... and i strongly encourage you to stop putting that make up gunk on your face.... believe me it'll do more harm than good...

like you.... i was also ashamed to go out looking like a red zit faced monster.... so what would i do? i would cake on the concealer, the powder...all that gunk even if just to go and walk the dog.... ugh i hated it..... i researched like crazy (still am...) and decided for the better that i would never ever put on any kind of make up (except maybe lipstick coz i won't be putting it on my skin!)... haven't put on make up for more than 2 years now.....

just imagine my face after a derm appointment and i have to go home and just having to ride public transportation...... i would cry myself to sleep everynight coz it doesn't just hurt physically, but the emotional damage that acne has done to me is just unbearable... it's the kind of thing that i wouldn't even wish for my mortal nemesis!

anyway...sorry about the babble..... do what you gotta do.... stick with your regimen.... it'll all work out for us... hope and pray....

wish you all the best!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:46 am

sooo... i've been crying myself to sleep again... every night... the whole week..... what the F is up with that?......

another breakout= another breakdown.....

there i am watching "my big fat greek wedding" on tv and the next thing i know i'm crying myself silly...AGAIN.... and then i stared at myself in the mirror..... how i wanted to punch and smash that mirror to pieces..... i don't know what to think anymore.....this pain is just unbearable..... trying my hardest to still avoid any reflection coz that'll lead to me,obsessing about my skin again.

will this ever end?