Notifications
Clear all

I'm Sooo Depressed Because Of My Acne!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/04/2012 5:18 am

pictures taken yesterday June 3, 2012....

aarrrrggghhh.... still thinks it looks better in pictures than in real life......

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46301-june-3-2012-right/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46300-june-3-2012-left/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46299-june-3-2012-front/

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/18/2012 11:47 pm

.....why do i still feel like crap??????? a lot of red darkened marks on my face......... i hate my face right now..... ):

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/19/2012 1:14 am

.....why do i still feel like crap??????? a lot of red darkened marks on my face......... i hate my face right now..... ):

MemberMember
(@tiwi)

Posted : 06/19/2012 1:52 am

believe me! sometimes i felt what u feel too.. i hate acne , i hate my face, i really envy to see my bestfriend's baby soft face skin :( i hate when friends, fams, mom in law, even my 6 yrs old niece comments about how terrible my face , it's a very hard struggle i know! :) chin up! we are all struggling together! there is always a hope! stay positive! one day my mom ever said to me like this (which is make sense i think) , "dont be too stressed out about your acne, it will just make it getting worst, relaxx and try to think another thing ,dont focus on it!" when she said that ,i was like how can i dont think about it ,how can i not stress out , its so embarassing .,but sometimes i think about my mom's statement, yeah ,if i was too stressed out ,then it will make acne got worse! :) So, Cheers up girls~

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 06/19/2012 10:19 pm

believe me! sometimes i felt what u feel too.. i hate acne , i hate my face, i really envy to see my bestfriend's baby soft face skin sad.png i hate when friends, fams, mom in law, even my 6 yrs old niece comments about how terrible my face , it's a very hard struggle i know! smile.png chin up! we are all struggling together! there is always a hope! stay positive! one day my mom ever said to me like this (which is make sense i think) , "dont be too stressed out about your acne, it will just make it getting worst, relaxx and try to think another thing ,dont focus on it!" when she said that ,i was like how can i dont think about it ,how can i not stress out , its so embarassing .,but sometimes i think about my mom's statement, yeah ,if i was too stressed out ,then it will make acne got worse! smile.png So, Cheers up girls~

....yep....you're right............hahaha

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/11/2012 11:06 pm

......so...... I'm extending my vacation here in SG for a month, and the thing is i didn't bring my 5th dose of accutane... I messaged my derm and asked if whether i could skip this month then just continue as soon as i fly back home, or to find accutane here...... I was already freaking' out, coz idk what would happen if i missed my dose and fortunately my doctor said it's ok..... As long as i completed my over all dosage...he agreed with my the former option, and then i'm just gonna have to extend another month since i would be skipping my 5th.....

Whew.......just hoping my face won't go crazy s&@: while im off accutane! god help us all!

MemberMember
(@syn1122)

Posted : 07/12/2012 4:20 pm

i had that for the longest time i got fraxel at a lower setting that cleared it up, the redness blotchy ness, but then 2nd i went back they amp up the setting that left me with some pretty horrible scaring ;/

dunno if youre feeling depress due to accutane becareful neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/15/2012 11:48 am

....zits popping out....aarrrgghhh crazy crazy crazy s&@; face!............. Whatever though........ Have to avoid freaking out coz i might Flip!!!!!...ooh and mirrors!

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 07/17/2012 11:36 pm

Hang in there okay and remember you have everyone at Acne.org for support to help you get through this.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/18/2012 7:29 am

Hang in there okay and remember you have everyone at Acne.org for support to help you get through this.

Thanks so much......

Still breaking out at this point..... Plus my neice just asked me literally a while ago "when did you start having pimples?"............ Was dumbstruck again and said nothing..... I felt myself shrink back again and being devoured by my blackhole........ Wtf???? Kids say the meanest things sometimes...

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/18/2012 7:46 am

MemberMember
(@start)

Posted : 07/18/2012 8:13 am

Go to Doctor and get yourself Accutane right now. Don't wait and don't waste your time with other products because they won't help you. Some products help you temporarily but accutane is the only permanent cure.

If the doctor starts talking about antibiotics or something, just tell him you'll want accutane. If you don't get it, go and see another doctors until you get it.

Trust me, it's worth it.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/18/2012 11:56 am

Go to Doctor and get yourself Accutane right now. Don't wait and don't waste your time with other products because they won't help you. Some products help you temporarily but accutane is the only permanent cure.

If the doctor starts talking about antibiotics or something, just tell him you'll want accutane. If you don't get it, go and see another doctors until you get it.

Trust me, it's worth it.

Am on accutane actually......ive been posting stuff here and i also have another thread here in acne.org about my accutane experience....

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/26/2012 12:47 am

.....i feel like s&@-! aarrgghh..... Zits, red marks, blemishes... I hate acne, why can't you keep away from me?.....

Just go away already...im sooooo tired.... :(

MemberMember
(@lilkelseyboo)

Posted : 07/31/2012 11:05 am

I know how you feel. i have a family of four, but its only me and my sister my dad and mom. i hit puberity at 9 and i didn't have acne. when i entered like the 5th grade i started getting pimples on my face but it's not like i mattered. it was in my first year of high school, everything went downhill omg. my face got worse, it looked all dirty and oily and my pimples were getting worse. i started using powder to cover my pimples and its quite embarrssing because its not like the powder has the same exact color of your skin so like you can see white spots on me because of the makeup. im almost going to be a junior this year in and honestly i wish i wasnt in school. every now and then a HUGE RED ASS ZIT pops up on my face. its like next to my nose but not on my cheek. its soo embarrssing and covering it up its so hard :'( im so insecure about myself. i hate WHITE DAYS (cloudy days) because you can see every detail on your face. i never look at people in the eye. not even my boyfriend:( up to this point, i dont even know the exact eye color of my boyfriend and we've been dating for 10 months. its very depressing because my family never understands how i feel. i never tried any product, just home remedies and nothing worked. i even put alcohol on my zits! yes i know im crazy. its very hard, especially when im the only one in the family with this kind of acne (my mom gets it now and then) im jealous of my sister, she's absolutely gorgeous with her face. not even one single blackhead! i wish i had her face. she makes me feel ugly. like one time i posted up a picture of me and she asked me "why does it look like you don't acne?" i literally cried day and night about it. i hate every single light. if it was for me, i would shut off all the lights in my house, or dimmed them down to the lowest as possible. now that im 15 ive had a summer job and obviously ive been paid. im going to buy the kit of 16 oz, hopefully soon, and try it. i PRAY TO GOD that it will work. I NEED MY CONFIDENCE BACK. I NEED MY LIFE BACK. I NEED MYSELF BACK.

I'm sure everyone who has acne feels my pain because i understand.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 07/31/2012 11:25 pm

I know how you feel. i have a family of four, but its only me and my sister my dad and mom. i hit puberity at 9 and i didn't have acne. when i entered like the 5th grade i started getting pimples on my face but it's not like i mattered. it was in my first year of high school, everything went downhill omg. my face got worse, it looked all dirty and oily and my pimples were getting worse. i started using powder to cover my pimples and its quite embarrssing because its not like the powder has the same exact color of your skin so like you can see white spots on me because of the makeup. im almost going to be a junior this year in and honestly i wish i wasnt in school. every now and then a HUGE RED ASS ZIT pops up on my face. its like next to my nose but not on my cheek. its soo embarrssing and covering it up its so hard :'( im so insecure about myself. i hate WHITE DAYS (cloudy days) because you can see every detail on your face. i never look at people in the eye. not even my boyfriend:( up to this point, i dont even know the exact eye color of my boyfriend and we've been dating for 10 months. its very depressing because my family never understands how i feel. i never tried any product, just home remedies and nothing worked. i even put alcohol on my zits! yes i know im crazy. its very hard, especially when im the only one in the family with this kind of acne (my mom gets it now and then) im jealous of my sister, she's absolutely gorgeous with her face. not even one single blackhead! i wish i had her face. she makes me feel ugly. like one time i posted up a picture of me and she asked me "why does it look like you don't acne?" i literally cried day and night about it. i hate every single light. if it was for me, i would shut off all the lights in my house, or dimmed them down to the lowest as possible. now that im 15 ive had a summer job and obviously ive been paid. im going to buy the kit of 16 oz, hopefully soon, and try it. i PRAY TO GOD that it will work. I NEED MY CONFIDENCE BACK. I NEED MY LIFE BACK. I NEED MYSELF BACK.

I'm sure everyone who has acne feels my pain because i understand.

Yep...... Still feel the same way as you do...... I feel so insecure most of the times that i hate my face...i hate myself...

Still do..... Up, down,down,down days........ Acne has definitely brought out all of my dark and crazy side....................

I definitely feel like my face has betrayed me.......me ... I used to be this fun outgoing friendly person, now i rarely get out of the house, i don't look at people in the eye always keeping my head down....... Crying my eyes out until i fall asleep...... All that which you've said...been there and still am.......the only fantasy i've left in me is "when will i have clear skin again?"......... I'm just hoping it'll be soon coz i'm just sooo very tired.... I wish all of us will......

But still...imma keep fighting this ACNE....... I hope you will to sister!!!!!!..... Feel free to message me anytime you want to rant out crazy stuff...we're all family here who supports, accepts and appreciate you for who you really are.... No matter how crazy...... Well... I know i am... Crazy that is..... Nana........

God bless....Good Luck...the best of all wishes to you....and us all!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 10/01/2012 10:59 pm

slam bam in a can..... it's like this one zit in my cheek threw a party and invited a couple more of it's zit-friends!!!!

aarrrgghhh... just made my day...

i feel like punching someone....... sooo i'll stay out of people's way...and avoid mirrors..........

jump and run around the house...maybe that ought to take my fist from someone's face....

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 10/18/2012 9:05 am

..........i hate myself......saywhat.gif again...........

just waiting for the manic ep............. hope that'll take my mind off of things...strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@fallout-nv)

Posted : 11/20/2012 11:14 pm

Hey @margox I know exactly how you feel I truly do, here's my story of acne, in 7th grade I was acne free from head to toe, one day I got a small but painful bump between my chest and stomach, my dad told me it was a pimple and it's a sign I'm growing up, I was happy actually knowing I was growing up, as the months past I started to get more bumps at my chest are, I never paid attention cause I didn't really know about acne and didn't care, 8th grade past and I have acne on my chest and back, but my face was still cleared, and when I get one pimple on my face I freak out cause I thought I look ugly and I wanted to hide from family pictures, summer going on freshman year in HIGHschool I started to get acne in my forhead, I still have some on my chest and back, I joined a sport, cross country and track, so the sweat, puberty, hormones, growing up and junk food and soda started to get me bad acne, going on sophomore year I have bad acne in my face, neck, back, and chest. I went to school the first day and cared nothing for acne, until my friend said wow your face is fucked up, the day ruined the rest of my year, I was generally a happy person making people laugh, many people say I'm not a bad looking guy, but knowing I have acne and that people notice it instead if my eyes I started to feel down, as the days past weeks and months they got worst, I just had goofiness painful acne on my cheeks and neck, I was depress to the point of suicidal, but I have that one friend who helped me out, I got my life together that year and told my self to man up, that I will get rid of this and go back to normal, near the end of my sophomore ear my face was cleared, just got a pimp here and there but it was cleared, I thought it was a dream really, still had a little on my neck and scars but my face was fine, I still have on my chest, back and now shoulders, I quit my sport because of that, and I major failed my sophomore year due to acne, I was just to depress to work and was to shy to do presentations that was worth my whole grade, I had a whole 2 weeks of clear face in my whole 4 years of bad acne, felt the greatest and now I'm back at it, now I'm a jr in HIGHschool, my face, neck, shoulders, back, chest and even my button have acne, and I get acne in the most weirdest places... I just completely lost any confidence hope, when one pimple is gone another 3 pops up like its a game, I can't even be myself and I'm just always a downer, I can't even go out without stressing about people staring at me, I can even run anymore because I'm embarrassed of wearing a shirt knowing people can see my neck acne, is eat sweaters I'm even the hottest days wearing my good to hide my shame, I have tried pills, doctors, derm, products, and even people who actually pokes your face with needles to get the stuff out and let it real naturally, I've tried a routine that dosent work, I've changed my pillow cases every 2 days, showered 3 times a day, after a workout, I use only Colgate toothpaste without the color just plain white, I haven't drank soda in 3 years, I sleep at 9:30 and wake up at 6:00am, but the fact that I'm 16, hormones, puberty, teenager, oily face, stressing, stressful environment, poor diet I guess, and genetic..I feel like I know so much about acne and what products that doesn't work than school stuff, I'm basically a vampire always staying in, wanting to rush home after school, starting at the ground when I talk and just crying myself every night, thinking I can't make it to the end...well I hope you can and I'll pray for all of you to have clear skin finally, me I give up, I might as well do things I like and get acne cause I know no matter what I do I will always get acne, and even if it's cured I will have acne scars, it's a lose lose situation for me and my mom spent loads on jut my face, and I still have the rest of my body to fix... Hate to be a downer but I hope toys ray strong, remember when your down and depress there's someone out there going through much worst...thanks

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/21/2012 5:11 pm

Hate to be a downer but I hope toys ray strong, remember when your down and depress there's someone out there going through much worst...thanks

....yeah... i know how that is.... sometimes i can't help but just be pessimistic about this whole acne thing.... it's like i'm living everyday feeling guilty,ashamed,fearful...everything... it sucks big time.... there would be times where i would feel great, but when i catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, i crash and burn!!!! but i'm still determined to fight it...... i owe it to myself...... at least... hope you'll keep fighting too... good luck on your journey...

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/22/2012 7:01 pm

Your beautiful!!! :) I can totally understand where you are coming from. When I got perioral dermatitis on top of my moderate acne there wasn't a cm without ugly bumps on it!! I work in a restaurant and I had customers literally ask me what was on my face and why am I not washing it for work. People are so ignorant. But this is just a phase and you will be beautifully clear!!!! Good luck to you and everyone else!! We will all be clear from this journey and one day look back at what we went thru and realize how much better we have become as people :)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/22/2012 9:14 pm

Your beautiful!!! smile.png I can totally understand where you are coming from. When I got perioral dermatitis on top of my moderate acne there wasn't a cm without ugly bumps on it!! I work in a restaurant and I had customers literally ask me what was on my face and why am I not washing it for work. People are so ignorant. But this is just a phase and you will be beautifully clear!!!! Good luck to you and everyone else!! We will all be clear from this journey and one day look back at what we went thru and realize how much better we have become as people smile.png

thank you..... praying hard we'll all be clear!!!!tinydan.gif

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 9:21 pm

.....sooooo here's something new..... consulted a psychiatrist today...... i'm diagnosed to have clinical depression; bipolar disorder and gonna start taking meds for it.........

.....i asked if it's going to react to my taking Accutane but my doctor said no, it's safe to take antidepressants.....

soo far that's what ACNE has done to my life..... strongsad.gif

My diagnosis is Type 1 Bi-polar, Margox. If you need to talk or vent, please feel free to PM me.

Fair warning: the meds they stick you on are not going to be great for your skin. comfort.gif With luck, the tradeoff of feeling better will be worth it. (It's pretty good to me.) Ask about the specific diagnosis - it is depression, bi-polar, or Type 1 Bipolar, Type 2 Bipolar? Unipolar depression? All of these will affect what medications they will give you (if you are Type 1 Bipolar, like me, antidepressants may not be a feasible treatment.)

I know it's really scary, but I promise you - it'll get easier. Hugs. Big, big hugs.

And no matter what the treatments do for you, know that we are here for you, too.

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/23/2012 1:06 am

I like to think if you where clear once there's no reason why we won't be again! And someone always has it worse & Im always glad this board has such a great support group! Too bad more people can't get over themselves for a day and understand :P

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/23/2012 3:10 am

.....sooooo here's something new..... consulted a psychiatrist today...... i'm diagnosed to have clinical depression; bipolar disorder and gonna start taking meds for it.........

.....i asked if it's going to react to my taking Accutane but my doctor said no, it's safe to take antidepressants.....

soo far that's what ACNE has done to my life..... strongsad.gif

My diagnosis is Type 1 Bi-polar, Margox. If you need to talk or vent, please feel free to PM me.

Fair warning: the meds they stick you on are not going to be great for your skin. comfort.gif With luck, the tradeoff of feeling better will be worth it. (It's pretty good to me.) Ask about the specific diagnosis - it is depression, bi-polar, or Type 1 Bipolar, Type 2 Bipolar? Unipolar depression? All of these will affect what medications they will give you (if you are Type 1 Bipolar, like me, antidepressants may not be a feasible treatment.)

I know it's really scary, but I promise you - it'll get easier. Hugs. Big, big hugs.

And no matter what the treatments do for you, know that we are here for you, too.

thanks Elsewhere...

i'm Bipolar II actually....no one else knows that i'm suffering from this disorder but a few of my family and closest relatives...10 people max..... actually the major depressive ep's are the worst..... crying myself to sleep at night..... feeling worthless and down...constantly...Zero confidence!

my hypomanic episodes are scattered...... actually went on about 2 months of SSRI ati-depressant and lithium....and then i stopped popping pills.... i haven't gone back to my psych although i'm planning to........

this org has been a huge help for me emotionally....... i don't know you guys personally but i feel like we're all family..... at least in this site i feel like i'm ACCEPTED for who i am..... not like in my real life where i avoid everything!

i have nothing but deep gratitude for all of you guys!!!!