Notifications
Clear all

I'm Sooo Depressed Because Of My Acne!

MemberMember
(@emmylouise)

Posted : 11/04/2011 7:10 am

take aggressive treatment. Thats what i did. Vit a cream, the pill and antibiotics and several trips to the dermatologist. I am now on the road to recovery. I have mod-severe cystic acne. Painful, when i used to laught, or bite into a burger i could feel my cycsts aching. I cried every day, and i had numerous emotionally break downs. Dont give up, just think of this large comuunity of sufferers. I have decided to turn my acne into a blessing, i am so sensetive to ppl's conditions, i never say anything about anyones physical flaws. They dont need to be reminded. :-)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/04/2011 8:25 am

take aggressive treatment. Thats what i did. Vit a cream, the pill and antibiotics and several trips to the dermatologist. I am now on the road to recovery. I have mod-severe cystic acne. Painful, when i used to laught, or bite into a burger i could feel my cycsts aching. I cried every day, and i had numerous emotionally break downs. Dont give up, just think of this large comuunity of sufferers. I have decided to turn my acne into a blessing, i am so sensetive to ppl's conditions, i never say anything about anyones physical flaws. They dont need to be reminded. whistling.gif)

.....absolutely correct................ i don't get it why people do that (commenting about how your face has gotten worse and everything).... don't they think that the people suffering from acne already know that?...and they don't know how much it hurts when they point out the obvious....... they don't know how it feels like......... wish people could be a little bit more sensitive of others' feelings and such....... especially when public humiliation is the Death of acne sufferers!

MemberMember
(@cocobean)

Posted : 12/09/2011 3:44 am

hi margox, same, same and same situation. i have said so many times that i dont even wanna leave the house :( ...its so depressing, i find spraying the bathroom mirror with shaving foam helps if i am home all day so i dont have the reminder...also living in a face mask of sugar and green tea often stops me touching my face accidentally... i am about to start maca pills on the advice of a lovely girl on this site who has emailed me. i will let you know how it goes :) we have to keep trying ..i wish we all lived in a little town together so we could cry and wipe each others tears, its like no one else is ever going to understand, they just say, oh dont worry, its not that bad ... but they all have perfect skin :) nice to know theres some place we can go to see we are not alone, thats where i get my hope and strength, thanks you guys :) hi

MemberMember
(@marty92)

Posted : 12/10/2011 9:57 am

Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. I've been struggling with acne for five years now and I really haven't made any significant progress. It's so depressing. My live is basically ruined. I have absolutely no self-confidence, I'm still a virgin and I'll be twenty in January. The main problem is that I'm running away from people 'cause my mind is so fucked up that all I can think of, when I talk to somebody, is my horrible face. I have missed five days of school last month just because I couldn't go out when I looked into the mirror. I would give anything to finally have a normal face.

Sorry for my English, I'm European.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 12/21/2011 12:33 am

hi margox, same, same and same situation. i have said so many times that i dont even wanna leave the house sad.png ...its so depressing, i find spraying the bathroom mirror with shaving foam helps if i am home all day so i dont have the reminder...also living in a face mask of sugar and green tea often stops me touching my face accidentally... i am about to start maca pills on the advice of a lovely girl on this site who has emailed me. i will let you know how it goes smile.png we have to keep trying ..i wish we all lived in a little town together so we could cry and wipe each others tears, its like no one else is ever going to understand, they just say, oh dont worry, its not that bad ... but they all have perfect skin smile.png nice to know theres some place we can go to see we are not alone, thats where i get my hope and strength, thanks you guys smile.png hi

i know.. God bless us all in our fight against acne..........................

Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. I've been struggling with acne for five years now and I really haven't made any significant progress. It's so depressing. My live is basically ruined. I have absolutely no self-confidence, I'm still a virgin and I'll be twenty in January. The main problem is that I'm running away from people 'cause my mind is so fucked up that all I can think of, when I talk to somebody, is my horrible face. I have missed five days of school last month just because I couldn't go out when I looked into the mirror. I would give anything to finally have a normal face.

Sorry for my English, I'm European.

yep same here..... i can't even tell my friends what i'm going through right now...all of em are texting me, wanting to meet up and i just can't.... I JUST CAN'T......not right now......still don't have the guts to face them....... just hoping and praying that it'll end soon...... still going to my dermatologist.........

MemberMember
(@yasaman-rad)

Posted : 12/21/2011 2:26 am

you know what sucks even more?when you feel the way you do, and people keep saying that youre just shallow.that you shouldnt care about how you look like. guess what,im tired of wearing makeup and depending on it,i want to be able to just decide to go out and do it without spending hours getting ready,laying layer upon layer of foundation.i completely know what you mean,i actually felt suicidal because of the way i looked because of my acne from ages 14 to 18, and then i was good for two years,now my acne is back again, thanks to the stress of being a newlywed,so dont think youre alone, AT ALL

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 12/25/2011 6:36 am

...... Fcuk....... my couzin's coming to town and he's throwing this big bday celebration for his daughter and i'm really freaking out........................... i'm not in the mood to celebrate anything...can't even barely get out of the house..... don't know how i'm gonna dodge this one out//// i hAve to................. i just can't

MemberMember
(@zoeyp)

Posted : 12/27/2011 7:14 am

Acne is horrible. Horrible I tell you. I used to never get pimples and out of nowhere, there I went with pimples. I do have a suggestion to all of you and I don't know whether it is available in the United States (as I didn't have to deal with this when I lived there) but Blackseed oil. Try it. Believe it or not...I do have a couple of pimples but they are so tiny, noone even notices them but myself. I hated dealing with acne and I hated leaving my house knowing that I have "stuff" all over my face. Try it. I promise you, this is what helped me save myself before it got worse. I didn't want to turn to antibiotics or birth control as I know that after you are complete with the medication the acne will return and possibly even worse. Try anything topical before you turn to pills. Good luck everyone and remember you are beautiful no matter what and it will all go away soon. Live your life to the fullest because tomorrow isn't promised! If someone doesn't like you for who you are then they aren't worth your time. Like I said, I never used to get pimples and I had acne for a few months and now I understand what people go through and don't even want to imagine how it feels to live with it for years, decades...Good luck everyone and God bless.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne202)

Posted : 12/27/2011 7:30 am

ive had acne since i was 11 i used to get bullied back then and had a lot of remarks, i never go out without a full face of make up and feel ashamed :/ my skins constantly covered in acne or in scars...i suffer from really bad hormonal acne ive been roaccutane twice and i never stayed clear after but my acne isnt half as bad as it was it used to be cystic now its moderate but i still feel so disgusting

i used to lock my self in my room for weeks till one break out had healed

now i use tons of make up or hide for days :(

id give my left foot to have clear skin and not have to wear make up:( i just pray now im 21 itl clear up soon more, so im about to try dans things.very pricey tho as im in the uk

hope everyone can find the good in there life and not let acne ruin it

teehee.gif

MemberMember
(@wishful_thinking3131)

Posted : 12/28/2011 1:20 am

I can relate to soo much of this. Acne really puts crazy emotional baggage on you (sometime I think acne should be classified as an mental illness in the fact how much it psychological takes out of you for a prolonged time). I've suffered for five years of it, through High School and now College. Its tough, not to sound cocky or anything, but I've always been in a popular crowd. Some days it tough to be around them, most have perfect skin, and do nothing for it, just good genetics. I find myself looking into mirrors for endless amounts of time during the day, and never being happy. Sometimes I'll have a good night out, but my skin can bring me right back down.

I find myself in such an odd situation. I have all the capabilities to be an extremely social, good-looking person except for my skin. It tough cuz people with good skin just don't understand the struggle, that you can't just take a pill, or use proactiv and be all clean and clear. I went through the journey off topical retinoids. WOW its been a tough year with them. The think about topical retinoids is that it not only gives you gnarly IB, you get facial redness and terrible hyperpigmentation.

I'd like to think I'm dealing with the aftermath of combating cystic acne. After 6 months of differin, I now only get the occassional pimple that I can deal with. BUT my complexion is always red or pink, which coupled with hyperpigmentation (a lot of it) makes one pretty bad skin tone. The thing with hyperpigmentation is it is one tuff mother to get ride of, I've had the same marks for months and they consume most of my face. I won't dare leave my house without using concealer on my acne marks, and I'm a guy (which if people notice I cover my marks is more facial ridicule nobody wants.

Bottom line, someone said it earlier this thread, it will end. My cysts did end, but now I have to repair my skin tone, which could take months to years for me. I know its hard to stay positive, I struggle everyday. Motivation to get out and face social pressures, and I just don't see improvement in my skin tone, is it worth it? I find I never stop trying new things, and i won't be beat by my skin. I've gotten ever curve ball acne can induce to your skin, but I won't give up. I've seen pictures, people have beat complexions that are super red and acne literally everywhere. Time and the right products WILL work, its just hard to believe it. I know (no matter if it takes two months or two more years) when my complexion comes back, I'll have a permenant smile, knowing I beat the worst shit ever....acne.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 12/29/2011 8:31 am

....felt a huge wave of depression again last night...... coz i heard coldplay's fix you...... next thing i know i'm crying my eyes out again....... my dog heard me and she tried to comfort me by staying at my side............. still hoping.. oh 2012..please be good!

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 12/29/2011 10:21 pm

Hi Margox, I'm new here and I completely relate to what you and others have posted. In high school and college I'd have the occasional cyst, but I went through a traumatic, life-altering experience at 27 that, for whatever reason, completely changed my skin. Huge, painful, disgusting cysts popped up over and over. When they finally went away, I was left with horrible scars. I'm 31 today and STILL battling my skin.

I feel like I'm a prisoner in my body/skin. I hate bright light. I duck my head and no longer really LOOK at someone in the eyes for long periods of time. I attempt to position myself so that my scars and acne are the least visible to those around me. Unfortunately, I'm a very public profession and have eyes on my all day long. I, too, suffer from depression due to my frigging skin. I sit in the dark. I've turned down social opportunities galore. Although I'm married and my husband loves me no matter what, I feel as though I'm not as attractive to him because of my skin. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on all sorts of drugs, cleansers, treatments...you name it, I've done it. And I'm STILL trying new things.

A former dermatologist tried to convince me to go on Accutane. I had signed the paperwork but just couldn't go through with it. I was still in deep physical, emotional, mental...hell...spiritual pain and upheaval from the trauma I experienced. I was too afraid that my mental state -- severely depressed...I should have seen a therapist -- would be affected even moreso with the Accutane.

However, the bottom line is you do what is best for you. We are connected in our battles with acne, but each of our body chemistries are unique. Try whatever is available to you, but only on your own accord.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 12/30/2011 7:50 am

Hi Margox, I'm new here and I completely relate to what you and others have posted. In high school and college I'd have the occasional cyst, but I went through a traumatic, life-altering experience at 27 that, for whatever reason, completely changed my skin. Huge, painful, disgusting cysts popped up over and over. When they finally went away, I was left with horrible scars. I'm 31 today and STILL battling my skin.

I feel like I'm a prisoner in my body/skin. I hate bright light. I duck my head and no longer really LOOK at someone in the eyes for long periods of time. I attempt to position myself so that my scars and acne are the least visible to those around me. Unfortunately, I'm a very public profession and have eyes on my all day long. I, too, suffer from depression due to my frigging skin. I sit in the dark. I've turned down social opportunities galore. Although I'm married and my husband loves me no matter what, I feel as though I'm not as attractive to him because of my skin. I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars on all sorts of drugs, cleansers, treatments...you name it, I've done it. And I'm STILL trying new things.

A former dermatologist tried to convince me to go on Accutane. I had signed the paperwork but just couldn't go through with it. I was still in deep physical, emotional, mental...hell...spiritual pain and upheaval from the trauma I experienced. I was too afraid that my mental state -- severely depressed...I should have seen a therapist -- would be affected even moreso with the Accutane.

However, the bottom line is you do what is best for you. We are connected in our battles with acne, but each of our body chemistries are unique. Try whatever is available to you, but only on your own accord.

hello

Jabberwocky80, thank you for sharing........ still in an emotional black hole now, and i'm hoping that 2012 will be a good year......... somehow i have been feeling quite optimistic lately..... i have been sharing my experiences with my family though not with other relatives.............. can't seem to tell and face my friends though........... hoping to have more courage to face my condition...... keepimg hope and faith....

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 04/21/2012 1:53 am

.....sooooo here's something new..... consulted a psychiatrist today...... i'm diagnosed to have clinical depression; bipolar disorder and gonna start taking meds for it.........

.....i asked if it's going to react to my taking Accutane but my doctor said no, it's safe to take antidepressants.....

soo far that's what ACNE has done to my life..... strongsad.gif

MemberMember
(@jaydeec)

Posted : 04/23/2012 3:43 am

@margox i'm sorry to hear about all the b.s you've been going through. As someone else said just know that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good for you..for seeing the psych btw, the meds will help stabilize your moods. We all have days where we feel like absolute s**t and days where we feel good. Take the time to do something for yourself, as small as it may be, treat yourself to something nice. I know it's hard to bring yourself to leave the house or stay upbeat but sometimes the smallest things can make a difference. stay positive and keep us updated on how things are going for you :)

MemberMember
(@johnmsh)

Posted : 04/24/2012 2:21 am

heh.... people....

I like myself.... I like everything about my self....

I just dont like people.... those people.....I feel like pulling out my eyes when i see them... when they make fun of me... I feel like pulling out there eyes....

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 04/26/2012 3:18 am

@margox i'm sorry to hear about all the b.s you've been going through. As someone else said just know that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Good for you..for seeing the psych btw, the meds will help stabilize your moods. We all have days where we feel like absolute s**t and days where we feel good. Take the time to do something for yourself, as small as it may be, treat yourself to something nice. I know it's hard to bring yourself to leave the house or stay upbeat but sometimes the smallest things can make a difference. stay positive and keep us updated on how things are going for you smile.png

...thanks a lot........ been feeling okay lately and been keeping busy doing stuff..hahaha...... still... ACNE go away..... (nearing my 2nd month on Accutane)

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/05/2012 5:45 am

went out and didn't give a damn when people looked at me......also because my hypomanic phase kicked in..... i nearly got a body piercing out of impulse earlier....... good thing i brought my medication with me......it's been a wierd day....and now i'm sooooo tired.... i feel like sleeping the whole day today and tomorrow......zzzzzzzzzz

MemberMember
(@phoenixtaco)

Posted : 05/08/2012 9:20 pm

I am 12 years old and dealing with this problem. I just found out about dermatillamania or whatever it is called a few minutes ago. I have had this problem for about a year and I am very confused on what to do. I like a guy at school (I'm a girl of course) and I feel like I don't have a chance at him liking me until I clear up my face. This whole "I have a mental issue" is very new to me. I don't have horrible depression but I understand you. I am not allowed to try proactive or any kind of acne medication and I look in he mirror every day to search for pimples . When I find something that looks like a pimple i pick it. And I have always had a habit of picking my scabs. So I have very little idea of what to do. I want to tell my mom I think I have dermatillamania or whatever but I am scared she will judge me. I want to tell my friends but i am scared that they will judge me and think less of me. I just want them to go away. I cry a lot. I am scared. I am thinking about doing the 30 day challenge except for with 2 months but I have a giant mirror in my bathroom and I like to straighten my hair daily. Please help or gI've suggestions.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/13/2012 3:50 am

............i did it...... i got an ear piercing (out on impusle)..... i was just out walking around town and saw a sign saying (we do ear piercing)...so i went in and bammmm...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/image/46058-pierce/

....and today i can't help myself looking at these pictures.....

finn the human is soooo adorable.....

I am 12 years old and dealing with this problem. I just found out about dermatillamania or whatever it is called a few minutes ago. I have had this problem for about a year and I am very confused on what to do. I like a guy at school (I'm a girl of course) and I feel like I don't have a chance at him liking me until I clear up my face. This whole "I have a mental issue" is very new to me. I don't have horrible depression but I understand you. I am not allowed to try proactive or any kind of acne medication and I look in he mirror every day to search for pimples . When I find something that looks like a pimple i pick it. And I have always had a habit of picking my scabs. So I have very little idea of what to do. I want to tell my mom I think I have dermatillamania or whatever but I am scared she will judge me. I want to tell my friends but i am scared that they will judge me and think less of me. I just want them to go away. I cry a lot. I am scared. I am thinking about doing the 30 day challenge except for with 2 months but I have a giant mirror in my bathroom and I like to straighten my hair daily. Please help or gI've suggestions.

.....i'm not an expert on mental illness although i have my fair share of knowledge about it and since i have bipolar II,,, i read like crazy about it...... all i can say is

#1..... try to not pick at your skin... (it really helps) avoid looking at mirrors, wash with cold water if your face feels itchy and it'll also help close the pores

#2..... try to find someone you can reallly talk to, someone you can trust, someone who will not judge you whatever you feel and think (as for me this site really helped a lot when i was in a place when i can't talk to my family, relatives, friends to the point where i've isolated myself, i don't even call, or send messages to my friends coz i was afraid of all the things that they will say, i avoided family gatherings or any social occasions... i'm still in that situation although now i have been talking to a few family and relatives who also urged me to see a Psychiatrist, and would you believe it took me more than a year to do that)

#3..... if you're realllly concerned about it to the point that you're already obssessing and that's the only thing on your mind, seek prefesional/medical help....if you can't at the moment, find websites where you can find genuine knowledge about these stuff...... you'd also be surprised that there are a lot of people who feels the same way you do on this site... acne.org has really been my refuge, it has been my home when i was in my dark place and it still is now......i feel like i am closer to the people i exchange messages with here than in real life.........

#4..last but not the least... Hope and Pray.... we all need it!!!!!!!

hope you'll find what you're looking/searching for..................................... KEEP FAITH........ just send me messages anytime....sooo i hope to hear from you soon ok?.... smile.png:

PS oh yeah.... and don't put on any make up.........(i think i might also have developed a phobia on cosmetic stuff haha)!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/13/2012 6:18 pm

Margox, you are so brave to put your struggles out there. If you say nothing positive about yourself, say this, you are honest, brave, true and a poet......lol. Someone earlier mentioned an end in sight and i do believe that to be true. It may be sooner or later but everything in life has a beginning and an end. Be kind to yourself, think kind thoughts about yourself and know that having acne is NOT your fault. What meds are you on BTW. I think i will continue to follow this log because you definitely are an inspiration to me and others.

Keep your head held hi hun, good things await you in life!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/14/2012 3:08 am

Margox, you are so brave to put your struggles out there. If you say nothing positive about yourself, say this, you are honest, brave, true and a poet......lol. Someone earlier mentioned an end in sight and i do believe that to be true. It may be sooner or later but everything in life has a beginning and an end. Be kind to yourself, think kind thoughts about yourself and know that having acne is NOT your fault. What meds are you on BTW. I think i will continue to follow this log because you definitely are an inspiration to me and others.

sasch12 thank you sooo soo much.... even though i have been feeling crappy today, reading your message made me feel good!!!!!

i am currently taking my 3rd dose of my modified accutane course and i'm on my second month of Isotretinoin treatment...... also went back to my psychiatrist yesterday to deliver the series of blood test results which are all normal thank God.....and i'm gonna have to continue taking anti-depressants and lithium (nearing 1month now since i was diagnosed with Bipolar II)...sooo that's that for having ACNE..........still going to continue fighting and living...there might still be bad days ahead but i believe everything will change for the better.........

again thank you sooo much...... hope we can keep in touch... we might not know each other personally but i feel like i've known you for long as well as the rest of my friends here in this site.........

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/15/2012 6:51 pm

sasch12 thank you sooo soo much.... even though i have been feeling crappy today, reading your message made me feel good!!!!!

i am currently taking my 3rd dose of my modified accutane course and i'm on my second month of Isotretinoin treatment...... also went back to my psychiatrist yesterday to deliver the series of blood test results which are all normal thank God.....and i'm gonna have to continue taking anti-depressants and lithium (nearing 1month now since i was diagnosed with Bipolar II)...sooo that's that for having ACNE..........still going to continue fighting and living...there might still be bad days ahead but i believe everything will change for the better.........

again thank you sooo much...... hope we can keep in touch... we might not know each other personally but i feel like i've known you for long as well as the rest of my friends here in this site.........

You will get through this, i promise. I definitely echo your sentiment regarding the support we all feel from the org. Definitely feel free to pm me if you ever want to vent, talk, yell....whatever.....Lord knows i have had to do that many a times. I am glad that you are getting your emotional well being under control and pretty soon, your skin will follow. You are a beautiful person inside and out and it shows.

I will definitely keep in touch!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/16/2012 6:45 am

.......just had my medication refilled today...haven't started taking them and i'm already feeling tired........

living with ACNE+ Bipolar sucks........... bouts of unstoppable crying session again last night.... :(....... i have got to STOP watching UP!

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 05/17/2012 5:46 pm

. Uuuggghhhh I feel like hell..... I don't mind living alone stranded in an island right now......... I feel really crappy today......

You will get through this, i promise. I definitely echo your sentiment regarding the support we all feel from the org. Definitely feel free to pm me if you ever want to vent, talk, yell....whatever.....Lord knows i have had to do that many a times. I am glad that you are getting your emotional well being under control and pretty soon, your skin will follow. You are a beautiful person inside and out and it shows.

I will definitely keep in touch!