Notifications
Clear all

please help me

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 6:39 am

how do you know its a hypertrophic scar?

I had similar questions because i had these two relatively big pustules on my left cheek, and after they dried up and once the pimple peeled, they both left slightly raised bumps that look like pimples.

I showed a derm and she thinks they are healing pimples.

What makes you so sure it is a hypertrophic scar?

Also, if it is, good news is most hypertrophic scars fade away entirely in time.

There are also effective treatments fort hem.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 6:41 am

how big is this hypertrophic scar?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 6:48 am

hey, i posted on your thread recently and wow i almost bursted out laughing after i saw your picture (sorry about that). That is the tiniest little bump ive ever seen in my life. Hell, i have a fibrous papule like that but twice the size! Your face does not look scarred to me at all (i doubt it is). Stop being over dramatic about such a god damn small nuisance. You wanna see a hypertrophic scar? Look at my picture i posted its way bigger than what ur have...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 6:48 am

read my post in your other thread..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 6:49 am

btw when you say it "oozes" everyday, does it really or are you being over dramatic? It could maybe be a basel cell carcinoma (skin cancer)

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 10/20/2010 8:04 am

Threads merged.

If you aren't getting any replies to this thread, feel free to bump it, but please do not keep making new threads to post about this same issue.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/20/2010 9:25 am

hey, i posted on your thread recently and wow i almost bursted out laughing after i saw your picture (sorry about that). That is the tiniest little bump ive ever seen in my life. Hell, i have a fibrous papule like that but twice the size! Your face does not look scarred to me at all (i doubt it is). Stop being over dramatic about such a god damn small nuisance. You wanna see a hypertrophic scar? Look at my picture i posted its way bigger than what ur have...

You mean like your 'scarring' you posted once? That you were so worked up about. This is a board for support, not for who has it worse.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/20/2010 9:28 am

The picture you posted does not really show anything. It's a very small bump in the midst of totally clear skin; looks almost like a skin colored mole. Go to a derm for definitive diagnosis. You may need a cortisone injection. Or not. If it IS a mole, you definitely need to see a derm.

Again. GO TO A DERM.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/20/2010 9:29 am

Hi thanks for the reply. I am still on the clindamycin, its been a week, still nothing. No shrinkage, no scabbing nothing. It soft and it oozes a tiny bit each day. This is the most hellish pimple ever. I have become obsessed with the dam thing. I am terrified it is a hypertropic scar. The doctor said it is not, and just wait for it to dry up. This is driving me insane. I somehow think the doctor doesn't know what she is talking about and is just stringing me along, cause she knows there is nothing she can do for me. I am crying about the dam thing as we speak. What is a blind nodule?

I have merged about three identical topics together. I would go by what your derm says, bolded above.

And this.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2010 4:37 pm

i can post more photos of my scarring if you like.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/21/2010 10:44 am

Hey where is your picture?

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/21/2010 4:41 pm

I went to a different derm yesterday, and he told me it was a nodular pimple, and it would take 2 months to go away. The first derm told me it was an infected pimple, this one says something completely different. He prescribed BP, and told me to make it go away quicker use warm compresses, and he told me he can't guarantee it won't leave a scar. He told me to use the clydicmycin once a day instead of two, and the BP once a day. Not sure anymore who to believe. Doctors don't know shit. Wasn't expecting to hear, it would take 2 months to go away, when its already been there two months. I asked him if it was a hypertropic scar and he said its not the right color. I asked him if it was a keloid, and he said keloids dont ooze. He has been a derm for 22 years, looked at it through magnifying glass with light, felt it. And this is what he says. Don't know what to believe anymore. THis is driving me insane.

MemberMember
(@thesimpsons)

Posted : 10/22/2010 10:46 am

did you try popping it in any way? and if not have you noticed if there has been blood coming out of it?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/22/2010 10:52 am

Moved to mild to moderate acne as two separate derms have told you it's a pimple.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/22/2010 6:49 pm

It never comes to a head to pop. I think these doctors don't know a dam thing. Its been there for 2 months, I am walking around looking like a freak, afraid its a hypertropic scar, and I feel so ugly. I really don't know what more to do, I can't avoid people for another two months. I hate my life. I hate acne, it is destroying my once pretty face.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/23/2010 9:15 pm

This is in response to the PM.

Honestly, I think you're over-reacting. The spot's barely visible. Two derms have said it's a pimple so it is a pimple. You could have a steroid shot (risk of indent and other side effects) or have it cut out (risk of further scarring). Or simply WAIT for it to heal on its own. As it's so small, there's little risk of scarring. Just stick some polysporin on it and a bandaid and quit obsessing over one small affliction. Take a deep breath.

As this one small spot bothers you so excessively, perhaps you might wish to consider some counseling as your reaction is very strong in many people's eyes. Coming to terms with minor things is very very important in maintaining a healthy mental balance.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/24/2010 7:45 pm

Honestly, I think you're over-reacting. The spot's barely visible. Two derms have said it's a pimple so it is a pimple. You could have a steroid shot (risk of indent and other side effects) or have it cut out (risk of further scarring). Or simply WAIT for it to heal on its own. As it's so small, there's little risk of scarring. Just stick some polysporin on it and a bandaid and quit obsessing over one small affliction. Take a deep breath.

As this one small spot bothers you so excessively, perhaps you might wish to consider some counseling as your reaction is very strong in many people's eyes. Coming to terms with minor things is very very important in maintaining a healthy mental balance.

Thank you Wynne for writing me back. Your words have really put my mind at ease. Today I didn't obsess over the pimple. I am also hopeful that it will fade away over time. I was thinking about a steroid shot, but I don't want to risk a bigger scar, as nodules are known to leave scars already. I will wait it out, and let my body heal itself. I can only pray that my wonderful body will heal me, and this affliction will no longer afflict me mentally. I have been seeing a counselor for years, and talk therapy is very effective in dealing with the issues that arise in life. I think my reaction to this pimple was very extraordinary, but to me I place great importance in my looks, and I understand now that I am more then what I look like, and I am more then this pimple on my nose.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/24/2010 8:25 pm

Excellent. :) Remember those things you do well, and go the heck and do them! :D

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/26/2010 3:54 pm

Excellent. :) Remember those things you do well, and go the heck and do them! :D

I guess i spoke too soon, I went back to the first derm today and she confirmed what I have been dreading, she said it was no longer and active pimple, it was now a scar. It was filled with collagen and said she would refer me to plastic surgeons, if It bothered me so much. I am in disbelief. Can't believe, that the thing I have been dreading so much turned out to be true. ((((shocked)))) but all along I kinda knew this would be the outcome. Made an appointment with plastic surgeon already, dont know if he can help me I can only pray. The stupid derm told me that i should continue with the creams and it "probably" will be gone by christmas. ha! Scars just dont go away. I am a walking freak. Feel so ugly.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 10/26/2010 4:01 pm

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/26/2010 5:12 pm

This is not a "minor" thing I am permanently disfigured. I am forever changed, I will never look the same again. I am only 33, and DISFIGURED FOR LIFE, NOW HOW WOULD YOU REACT?

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/27/2010 3:33 pm

Quick question about two different opinions I have received about my blemish. My first derm told me it was a raised scar, and my second derm told me it was a nodular pimple. Who do I trust? I am very confused, not sure who to believe, and what to do. The first derm told me it would deffiantly go away in two months, and second referred me to plastic surgeons. The first derm was older with 25 years experience, and the second was a young female. I am so confused and not sure who to trust. What would you do if you were in this predictament? My insurance only covers these two derms, so a third opinion is not possible. Please inform me.

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 10/27/2010 6:27 pm

Hi everyone. A few days ago my derm confirmed to me my "pimple" was indeed a scar. She said it was a not a hypertropic scar, but simply a scar filled with collagen. Isn't that the same thing as a hypertropic scar? I am very confused. Its a raised scar, but its not hypertropic. It just doesn't make any sense to me. What in the world is this lady talking about?

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 11/02/2010 9:36 pm

anyone???

MemberMember
(@lillymay77)

Posted : 11/04/2010 12:00 pm

And who the hell qualified you to tell me to see a therapist? How dare you, my derm with 29 years experience and is an associate professor of derm told me its a nodule. The other had five years experience, and said it was a scar. Who the hell would you believe. ITs a NODULE, not a scar, just because one unexperienced derm said it was doesn't mean it is so.