Notifications
Clear all

bumps with clear fluid that dont pop?

MemberMember
(@mmthompson55)

Posted : 05/24/2017 12:58 am

Hello fellow friends. I to have these crazy, painful blemish and yes I pop them for pain relief. But, the clear sticky fingers is a NIGHTMARE!!! THE SCARING IS HORRIBLE. I TESTED POSITIVE FOR MRSA BUT THE INFECTIOUS DISEASE DOC, DID NOTHING. SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW MORE INFO AND A CURE. HELP....................

Kkinser liked
MemberMember
(@miracle-at-raven-run)

Posted : 06/09/2017 5:20 pm

I am so sorry to read about all you fellow sufferers. I have had these deep, serous fluid filled "pimples" that almost never come to the surface for a decade.

i thought that they might have been associated with a MSRA abscess that I had just before these little suckers began to plague my life. I tested negative for staph bacteria, and several antibiotic trials had no effect.

one thing that did bring on outbreaks was the steroid injections I periodically received for my spine. Two to four days after the shots, I would break out in all the usual places ...chin under the sides of the mouth, temples, and especially the back of the neck.

These would take typically a month to heal, just in time for my next injection. Even with no shots, I never had completely clear skin--there were always scabs or incipient swellings. Even the smallest bump never failed to fully develop.

the good news is this: about six weeks ago, I started taking 50 mg zinc gluconate for tinnitus. After about a week, I noticed no new bumps. Two weeks, even better. For the first time, my face was clearing. A month and it is as if I never had a problem, except for a little redness and a few small scars.

So I slacked off on the zinc, and they came back with a vengeance. So I have experimented a bit--zinc on,zits off. A week or five days without, and the bumps are back.

I am 58 years old. Menopause came and went during the decade of dimpled fluid filled bumps, with no discernable effect. I had some teenage acne, but it had cleared by age twenty.

perhaps some of you will try zinc. I pray it will help.

The cause must be metabolic, since the bumps arise deep within the skin,with no relationship with any pores that I can see.

Good luck to all.

Kkinser liked
MemberMember
(@jeff89)

Posted : 09/26/2017 10:32 pm

Well then, here is my contribution to this thread. (After seeing it for years).

Okay so here's how it goes these cycles of these ''things''.

They usually appear in the following areas: Face (not the eyeslids or on my lips), scalp, shoulders, upper arms, back, chest. Very rarily a random other place on my body. But it does happen. usually they seem extra bloody there,

When I get them, i usually get a shitload of them around the same time.

The area first turns red. If I'm lucky, sometimes in my beard area I can pop them right away, and a white head shoots out. keyword shoots. Then blood, some liquid and the blood takes a long time to stop. I notices they are highly contagious, so for example, if I squeeze one out, and touch another place, others will form quick.

They form very very fast. Outta nowhere i have a bump, suddenly filled with that clear liquid, or sometimes with an extreme amount of "white head'' material in it. I call these myself, mutated pores. That outta nowhere just seem to mutate and fill up. Within an hour they can go from, nothing there to ''mountain''filled things, with clear liquid. and sometimes before or afterafter the liquid a, little worm of white head material comes out, well sometimes huge. Sometimes they however, are impossible to squeeze.
What I also noticed is that 90% of the time, when you do get to squeeze out that tiniest little bead of ''white head material'' they dissapear and heal rapidly. However when I don't get to the ''core'' of these bastard things, they turn into sdmall leaky little wounds by themselves.

Usually they turn into little weeping wounds for awhile that dont seem to heal, but when they do after a few days the skin turns dark, and eventually peels off. But some of these spots are STILL dark, years later.

Sometimes they refill the next day. Another final good squeeze and some new white ehad material may pop out. ANd that often seems to do the trick. They go flat, the swelling goes down and they heal.

These things are incredibly painful!! I've had them trigger migraines. Especially when I get them under my eyebrows, or above my nose.

I just popped another huge bastard. It was unpoppable all day, all that came out was liquid. I drained it so often that i damaged my skin. No way there was a whitehead in there.But finally a burst of whithead material popped out, thats the thing. its NOT pus. What comes out is, almost rubbery like even. That rubbery wurm that eventually came out, truly was not there earlier today. It forms extremely fast. It's removed now a, and it's now reducing in size and flattening by itself. It may now turn into a leaky little wound for awhile, or will start healing sooner. It varies.

It'sdriving me crazy and I've had them since 2012. Interestingly. This is the first time I got fibromyalgia symptons. And I can feel nervepains around the same time these bastards liquid pimple things start arriving.

I will post some pictures next time. To show the process of them. I'm usually an expert googler. So annoyed I can't seem to get to the bottom of this.

I literally never get or had other skin problems. I can probably count the times I had a normal pimple on 2 hands. Antibiotics or antiviral creams do not seem to help. I just dont get it. These things leave awful scars!

MemberMember
(@caljaysoc)

Posted : 10/26/2017 3:14 am

Im pretty sure that the weepy lumps people are talking about is part of rosacea. Ive always called them oil wells for lack of a better term.

Metrogel, the brand name for Metronidazole, has been the only thing to really put a dent in these things for me. It seems to just dry the thing out by sucking out the clear stuff. This is an antibiotic that you only apply to the lumps, so one toothpaste sized tube has lasted me 2 years. I put just enough to cover the lump, let it dry for a couple of minutes, and go to bed. By morning it is the size of a normal pimple and a day later all but gone. It is a prescription only which is a pain but totally worth it.

This is is an antibiotic so I use it sparingly. I dont use it on regular pimples but I guess you could if you wanted to.

MemberMember
(@nickey17)

Posted : 11/29/2017 5:55 pm

I have been searching for an answer for these for so long as well, but not matter how hard I search I can't find a name. I feel like it is misdiagnosed as cystic acne (and other things ) so much that most sufferers assume there is a "name" for this acne out there and spend all their time searching for it instead of advocating for research to find out what the REAL cause of this unknown acne is.

Other than on forums, there is no reading or research material on this acne out there even though it seems like so many people suffer from it. I think the only way we are going to find answers is if we all band together and start advocating for ourselves and trying to find medical professionals willing to help us in our search.

If anyone would like to join me, I'm going to make a group to start gathering people and hopeful reaching out to some medical professionals to see what I can do about advocating for trying to find a finally finding a real DIAGNOSIS. Email me at [censored] and I can add you to the Facebook group.

I agree with some of the posts that
1. Mine gets worse when I eat gluten
2. It gets significant worse if I'm not drinking TONS of water every day
3. Doxycyline & Topicals didnt help

MemberMember
(@dismayedarchaeologist)

Posted : 01/03/2018 8:40 pm

There are multiple different conditions described here. But for those who have very hard very deep lumps on their face around the jawline - I suffered from these for years. They are very painful and very obvious and never come to a head and take a good month to six weeks to subside - mine were hormonal and a bit of an over active immune response. They were also part of a more general collection of skin problems from too much oil production and certain types of naturally residing skin bacteria. I had at least one or two always present from my mid teens throgh to my late twenties when I consulted a dermatologist.

All of you on this thread, go see a dermatologist. There is no magic pill or blend of exotic ingredients that will solve them. If anyone tries to tell you about this magic product or homeopathic bullet - they are almost always trying to sell you something or have fallen for a scam themselves.

Getting rid of one that has already formed gets you no where. More will already be forming. You need to treat the causes that leads to their on going formation and this will require individual consultation and prescription medicines.

In my case one course of accutane reduced oil production and skin residing bacteria enough that Ive not had a single one in ten years.

My doctor at the time warned me that as my skin changed through my life I might find I needed to do another course.

So those of you who have already been on accutane - GO BACK to the doctor who prescribed it.

MemberMember
(@busterbb)

Posted : 02/12/2018 5:48 pm

Have had these on back of neck for years. Jan 5 of this year I quit drinking diet pop. These bumps have gone away completely.

MemberMember
(@violetrae1)

Posted : 02/18/2018 11:53 am

Came across this thread pretty late but answering anyway in case someone else stumbles upon it.
I started getting these bumps, but only on my chin/ around my mouth and the upper lip area. Ruled out everything I could find- contact dermatitis, food allergy, not washing well enough, etc etc etc. nothing worked.
Luckily, I somehow got a staph infection on another part of my body (staph and ecoli) and I had to take antibiotics to get rid of it. They prescribed me Keflex (500mg every six hours until gone) and Bactrim (1 pill twice a day). The staph infection went away...and my skin cleared up completely within days and they didnt come back! Turns out these bumps were some type of bacterial infection living under the skin, which is why nothing topical ever did anything, and traditional skin antibiotics didnt do anything, because its a bacteria not specific to the face; it just happened to erupt there. So give those antibiotics a shot if nothing else works for you.

Kkinser liked
MemberMember
(@jag_luva04)

Posted : 04/02/2018 9:31 pm

In response to the one on methadone- me too! I think it's from the domes. It is said to be impetiego non bullaes but that's crap. It's from drugs for sure.

MemberMember
(@bella2901)

Posted : 05/01/2018 12:35 am

I think to clear/prevent these has alot to do with diet. I usually follow a low carb diet (NO sugar or starches) and my skin is very clear. Recently we moved to the Netherlands and had a 2 week break before work started. During this time I just relaxed and enjoyed the wonderful breads, bagels and occasional ice cream. Boy, does my skin NOT like that. I have had clear skin for years and now I have alot of these sore, clear fluid bumps on my face, chest, neck and back. I am returning to my normal diet and will report back in 2 weeks to confirm. But I am pretty sure it's the diet. [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@lrl35)

Posted : 05/18/2018 7:39 pm

Hello! I have been searching this topic all day. I have never had this before. It appeared 2 days ago. I thought it was a normal pimple. I squeezed it and nothing but clear liquid came out. I tried the toothpaste it just seemed to have irritated more. I woke up this morning it was bigger. I came across a bunch of home remedies. I decided on one and it seems to be working. I mixed cornstarch cold water and a little rubbing alcohol into a paste. Put it on the horrible bump for an hour then washed it off. I noticed there was less redness and swelling. I applied it again this time I noticed a head was starting to form. On my 3rd application I'm hoping this will get rid of it all the way. On the note about antibiotics I am on bactrim for a different reason at the moment. So it might be a mixture of both helping it come to a head. I hope this will help anyone else who happens upon these post.

MemberMember
(@ladyangora)

Posted : 05/23/2018 9:49 am

I have finally found a dermatologist who was able to help and here's what she had me do:

Prescriptions: (about $8 each for me)

• Take Minocycline 100mg twice daily (antibiotic, low dose)
  • Topically apply Clindamycin 1% twice daily (medicated pads)

Over the counter:

• Wash face with PanOxyl at night (about $10 but lasts for months)
  • Wash face with CeraVe in the morning (about $18 but lasts for months)

After two months, she saw me again and reduced my Minocycline to just once daily. So far, I've had complete healing and no terrible outbreaks, though I do get an occasional smaller, normal pimple. She wants to see me again after four months and will try to have me quit the Minocycline completely at that point.

I'm still using the face washes, and have not needed to re-buy any yet, and I'm well into my third month at this point. I will probably need to buy the PanOxyl by the end of the third month, but the CeraVe is lasting a long time and I could likely get a fourth month out of it.

I cannot remember what she called this condition, but I will ask her and report back when I figure it out!

Kkinser liked
MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 05/24/2018 7:13 am

i started using pure tea tree oil and i completely stopped geting these types of cysts/lumps. - pure tea tree oil also helped me with my redness.

( some tea tree oils have nasty chemicals added - pure is best)

MemberMember
(@tackotackotacko)

Posted : 06/07/2018 4:10 pm

Hello guys! It's such a surprise reading your experiences! I can't believe doctors really don't know what they are since I thought going to the derm would be my final solution... *sigh* anyway, I don't usually participate but I found yall's experiences useful and I thought I'd write mine. 

Well ok, I didn't really notice when this started happening to me, but I do remember when I started getting acne: after I started excercising and losing weight. Before that I had the clearest of the skin (face) (because I did have some bumps on the back and chest). Well, the first acne I had was small, little and discreet. Then whiteheads started appearing. And then this! The bumps full of water! I was really confused because I had never heard of something like this. When I started getting acne I read "acne for dummies" (?) and it didn't speak of this at all.

If I have scars it's because of this bumps and right now I have around 10 divided in four areas of my face :(

Well anyway, right now I'm using a soap for oily skin, baking soda, neutrogena hydroboost and honey. 

I use the baking soda with the neutrogena gel because it has an hydrophilic acid, and since baking soda is alkaline... yeah, me playing around with stuff. I'm supposedly balancing skin ph, anyway that's my guess. I do that because baking soda was the only thing that helped clear my skin, but then I read it was harmful, so I started using the gel. 

Me + baking soda = generally clear skin. Heh.

But then, I was lazy for a weekend and another water filled lump appeared. Dumb me I used the bs and the neutrogena gel. And I think the gel worsened (logical right? hydrophilic acid = more water (?)) 

Right now I'm avoiding using the gel on the place where the bumps appear, and bs helps dry the thing a little. I use the gel everywhere else because it leaves my skin looking quite pretty (if you ignore all the friggin scars that is hahah, at least scars.can be covered easier with makeup, I guess haha bright side? lol). 

After the bs (I stop rubbing when it starts feeling just a bit irritated, I don't want to hurt myself), I sterilize a little needle and pop! (I also use the alcohol on my hands and put it in a cotton pad). 

So, the procedure goes like this: pop with the needle, leave the needle over a clean cotton pad. 

I squeeze and the liquid comes out. I remove it with another cotton pad that I soaked with alcohol, and then I dry the alcohol on my skin with yet another dry cotton pad. I hold this in my hands so the pads don't get dirty. And I repeat from "squeeze". 

I am not able to squeeze all the liquid but when it's flat enough I stop, wipe again with YET ANOTHER cotton pad soaked with alcohol (because, yeah, cleaness, obsession, yeah haha). And I put a.little bandaid on my face. Not really sure if this helps the wound, hoping it is, but my intention is more stop myself from picking around. 

I used to pop with my bare hands and scratch and all those thinga you're not supposed to do so this procedure really leaves a smaller scar lol. This is positive for me at this point. 

And lastly but not... leastly (?) haha the honey (I read in healthline.com) helps with scarring. And I think my scars are a bit clearer now (not A WHOLE LOT, but something, right now I'm so desperate that a little is enough. 

The honey (and the gel too) I apply over wet skin (because I read that way skin soaks in things better in the for dummies book) I rub it around, I pat it, and then when is dry and sticky I soak my fingers in water and repeat. I only do this once a week bc I'm a little busy and this takes time. I use warm water to rinse after repeating like 5 or 6 times and I pat dry. I love the texture of my skin after this uhuhuh, satisfaction heh. Then... just the normal, sunscreen, concealer... the rest of the make up... and I'm generally... good with the results... 

I can't buy other things... that's why I use honey. I have no job and mom doesn't have that much money but she agreed in buying the neutrogena heh... 

So I yeah ... uff... good luck anyway. I look forward to keep reading comments here... hope.that helped someone even just the slightest. Let's battle.those friggin things! Fighting! 

MemberMember
(@anonymous324)

Posted : 07/21/2018 8:06 pm

Its cystic acne.

Aka the devil

MemberMember
(@skincarehelp)

Posted : 09/27/2018 10:17 pm

I came across this thread because I was searching for anything that could help explain what this red bump on my face was. I noticed that I have been getting this recurring inflamed patch near my nose (above my upper lip on the right side) for the past year. It is always in the same spot. Its tender when i touch it and doesn't come to a head to pop. If i try to squeeze it, only clear liquid comes out. During its healing phase, it dries up and flake off, only to reveal raw skin and it does this over and over until it goes away after like 4 weeks. I notice it appears when my diet isn't the greatest or if I've had too much sugary foods. I tried putting tea tree oil on it which helped dry it up but it doesn't actually go away. I also tried the aztec clay mask with ACV to help it dry up but nothing really worked.

However, i recently started putting a corticosteroid cream on it which helps sooo much. Sometimes when the area gets a little tender and I feel like its about to appear, I put some of the cream on at night and its gone by morning. I recommend you all try it and i hope it helps with this unknown fluid filled bump. The brand I use is Taro corticosteroid cream. I really wish i had tried it earlier

MemberMember
(@shannabrooke)

Posted : 10/18/2018 10:43 am

Hey guys Im 39 years old and started having this same problem about 1 year ago. Prior to that nothing substantial to coment about. Im wondering if this could be something thats being ingested and can be cured simply by eliminating that item. If there is a way we can all compare what we ingest daily and narrow it down to a common culprit maybe we can find relief.

MemberMember
(@ladyangora)

Posted : 05/02/2019 3:11 pm

I edited my earlier post about it possibly being demodex, because I am not convinced of this anymore, so I changed it to say:

I have finally found a dermatologist who was able to help and here's what she had me do:

• Take Minocycline 100mg twice daily (antibiotic, low dose)
  • Topically apply Clindamycin 1% twice daily (medicated pads)
  • Over the counter:

• Wash face withPanOxylat night (about $10 but lasts for months)
    • Wash face withCeraVein the morning (about $18 but lasts for months)

After two months, she saw me again and reduced my Minocycline to just once daily. So far, I've had complete healing and no terrible outbreaks, though I do get an occasional smaller, normal pimple. She wants to see me again after four months and will try to have me quit the Minocycline completely at that point.

I'm still using the face washes, and have not needed to re-buy any yet, and I'm well into my third month at this point. I will probably need to buy the PanOxyl by the end of the third month, but the CeraVe is lasting a long time and I could likely get a fourth month out of it.

I cannot remember what she called this condition, but I will ask her and report back when I figure it out!

MemberMember
    (@markdenver)

Posted : 05/03/2019 7:00 am

Is it really works

MemberMember
    (@ladyangora)

Posted : 05/17/2019 9:02 am

Yes, my skin is intact for the first time in years. I have no open skin anywhere on my face and can actually go without makeup without feeling terribly self-conscious (like people are wondering what kind of weird disease Imight have).

I have some scarring from all the acne, but I believe it will fade with time since most of my older scars from this condition have definitely improved over time. I'm hoping to maybe find a way now to treat the scars to heal more quickly.

MemberMember
    (@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/17/2019 11:02 pm

If your skin is itching, the problem is most likely caused by fungus. The best treatment is topical antifungal cream BUT you have to apply the correct cream for the fungus (which is why people try antifungal creams and they don't work). Do you have dandruff and/or a white tongue ? If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide advice on the correct antifungal cream to apply.

PS> The other cause might be viral. Buy some cold sore cream with aciclovir in it to the spots, and see if they go away. Also, get back to me with answers to the above questions in case the cause of the problem is fungal (which it probably is).

MemberMember
    (@yaritzac2)

Posted : 05/03/2022 10:27 am

I get these too. They are usually on the back of my neck, just at the hairline. They come to a red bump, hurt like hell, WILL NOT pop, and only clear fluid comes out. Every now and then i can one to pop, but that is usually a regret because it makes them swell more and hurt worse.

Another thing is they seem to be contagious. My wife will get them also. We are definitely NOT nasty people, bathe daily, and change our bedding regularly. She also owns a beauty salon and knows a lot about head and scalp care.

My dermatologist diagnosed them as a type of follicular inflamation. She gave me doxycycline and ketoconazole shampoo. But i think the keto shampoo actually causes more break outs.

Its a shame in todays world nobody knows what this is. I made my GP run full blood work on me, from STD's to cancer to see if anything was going on... nothing. My wife has a clean bill of health as well. And neither of us have ever had staph infections.

Right now i have 5 on my forehead under my hairline, 1 on each side of my neck, and 2 on the back of neck at hairline. But when i dont have a flair up, i have none for weeks. As soon as i get one, i get 5 or 10 at the same time.

I do wear a cpap mask at night and it seems i get them more along the areas where the head gear sits. I clean my gear with alcohol weekly, change it out monthly, and have a SoClean unit for the rest. .

I have not registered to this site yet, but will be saving it in my bookmarks and checking back regularly to see if anyone ever comes up with an answer. If anyone is interested in discussing this directly, please email me at [Removed personal information]. Its a throw-away account so scammers dont waste your time...

Also, please excuse any typos. Im typing this on my phone with fat-finger syndrome...lol

Kkinser liked
    MemberMember
    (@kkinser)

Posted : 03/10/2024 8:56 pm

I get these, too... also use cpap and notice the back of my neck and jawline (where head strap doesn't move all night) is where I breakout the most. Worst area is just under my chin!

Noticed that Extra Strength Desitin (yes, butt paste) helps heal them, but doesn't help prevent... Zinc oxide is main ingredient. Someone on this thread said 50mg of zinc gluconate taken orally everyday has helped her, so I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

Have anyone found any answers, yet?

I've long wondered if antidepressants/anti anxiety medications could be the culprit. Be interesting to know how many people in this chat are on such medications (not specifics, but just a simple "yes" or "no").

Here a just a few articles of interest:

https://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/content/html/10.2340/00015555-2702

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12069639/

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Kkinser