Notifications
Clear all

Honey mask

MemberMember
(@crazygamar)

Posted : 07/29/2008 3:55 am

I wanted to start doing honey masks.

I was going to add lemon juice into it, can I do this? I guess just add honey into a small bowl, some lemon juice and then stir it? I saw where ndnromeo said lemon juice is great for exfoliating the skin and I know honey is anti-bacterial and moisturizing.

What about ACV, can I add that in with the honey also? Make a Honey, acv, and lemon juice mask?

I would use manuka honey but its expensive, so I use the normal clover honey that comes in the teddy bear bottles, is this what most people use?

Thanks for the help, maybe someone else will try this with me also. :)

MemberMember
(@undead)

Posted : 07/30/2008 5:08 am

i dont think mixing those 2 ingredients can do wrong. personally i havent tried mixing lemon juice with honey but i regularly use a home made mask with clay, honey and tomato pulp, and it really does help clearing up the skin and tighten the pores.

MemberMember
(@jjtwerk)

Posted : 01/08/2015 9:46 pm

When I use the lemon honey mask it minamizes my pores and smothes my face. I guess the lemon is good with drying up acne and the honey mostririzes the face. It also helps with black heads it gets them gone in about 5/10 minutes it depends if you cover a larger area or smaller area. But in my exsperances it works amazingly but if you use too much lemon I will/ can dry up your face quickly!!!

MemberMember
(@yerba)

Posted : 01/03/2017 6:46 am

Hi Need Help. I been using Honey/Cinnamon for my spots for almost a week. Last night I run out of honey and decided to use Benzac 5% only on my spots since I've been using it before the I discover the Honey mask. Now my skin is itchy the same thing that happened when I use tea tree mask. Luckily I didn't applied it to my whole face since it is only a spot corrector. Now parts of my face is super itchy. Question is, am I allow to use Honey/Cinnamon/Nutmeg combination mask tonight when I have irritated skin? Thanks

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 01/03/2017 12:57 pm

@Someday18I have heard that Cinnamon & Nutmeg can be irritating if you have sensitive skin (Or in your case, if your skin is already irritated by something else). Perhaps just stick with plain honey this time until your skin goes back to normal?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@yerba)

Posted : 01/04/2017 10:47 pm

@kelbell812 Thank you. Just correction it is Benzoyl Peroxide 5% that irritates my skin now. The night it happened I applied honey with nutmeg on my face overnight. The itchiness didn't go away and I can't barely sleep but I can tell that it reduced the redness on my face but just a little bit. On the second day, I applied Honey, Cinnamon, Nutmeg on the irritated area and some parts of my face that has pimples. But I only leave it for about an hour then I washed it off and applied Aloe vera gel on the burned parts and use my natural Moisturizer. Then in the morning, I wash my face with cetaphil then apply honey all over my face and leave it there until I finished my shower routine. I can tell that the burned area will eventually peel off anytime soon but the redness it still there. 

Later this evening I will just use honey as you said. But should I leave it on my face overnight or just for an hour? Thanks! :)
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 01/05/2017 8:11 am

@Someday18Ohh gotcha, well I think you have a good routine! I'm a fan of using gentle, more natural products. I think an hour is good, but I'm just saying that because I could not imagine having honey on my face all night haha. Doesn't it feel uncomfortable while you're trying to sleep and get all over the pillow??

MemberMember
(@yerba)

Posted : 01/05/2017 11:12 pm

@kelbell812it is really uncomfortable. What I do is that I use headband and bun my hair. I sleep in a straight position facing the ceiling. It really bothers me and I can't sleep properly when I did that. Anyways, do have any suggestion on what I can do to a cystic pimple who's not coming out of my skin?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 01/06/2017 8:28 am

@Someday18Like it's under the skin and hasn't fully formed yet? The only thing I can think of is using some type of chemical exfoliant such as Salicylic Acid or Glycolic Acid. Chemical exfoliants penetrate deep underneath the skin and help speed up cell turn over. With acne they help bring pimples to the surface faster. Cystic spots are tough! They always seem to last so long.

MemberMember
(@yerba)

Posted : 01/08/2017 11:12 pm

@kelbell812 I stop using honey for about 3 days now. I noticed that bumps are starting to appear on some part of my face which doesn't have any pimples at all. I think it clogged my pores. For cystic acne I have figured a solution. A hot compress. It helps pimples to bring in the surface faster the only negative side is that it also brings out other pimples which are suppose to be unnoticeable. Now I have noticeable bumps on my face even make up can't hide it. :( But I hope this will fasten the healing process too. I will use Honey/Cinnamon/Nutmeg combination maybe tonight. Will use the mask once a week to avoid the clogging of pores. 

Starting to lose my confident because of this :(

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 01/09/2017 8:35 am

@Someday18I only do a honey mask 1-2 times a week because I experienced the same thing when I was using it daily as a cleanser. It can clog pores for many people if used to often, but if used the right amount it can work great. That makes sense about the hot compress though - heat opens the pores and helps detoxify.

I am curious, have to you been to a dermatologist at all? If you are finding that you a breaking out more & that it becomes to difficult to manage on your own with home remedies, you should definitely make an appointment to see one!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@yerba)

Posted : 01/09/2017 11:42 pm

@kelbell812Hi, I've never been to a dermatologist. Maybe if I lost options I will. But now I guess my face is more calm. I started to use a toner which my mother recommends to me. I think it is combination of 2 different toner. A non-alcohol and an exfoliant toner. And since I use it the other night no new pimple occur, no itchiness and I noticed that my pimples are starting to heal. Especially those who already have whiteheads and I'm trying my best not to pick it. The thing with the toner is that it might cause micro peeling which I think is good because it can lighten up my scars and it is a must that I should not be exposed to sunlight too much other wise it will burn my face. I only use it at night though and this is my new routine:

Morning:
*Take Vitamin C (500mg)-- Since I read online that Vitamin C heals the skin damaged by acne or any other infection. It Help in healing the scars caused by acne. And boost up the production of collagen.
*Wash my face with Cetaphil
*After 10min apply my Human Nature Moisturizer
*After 5min apply BB Cream with Spf50
*Do my makeup

Afternoon:
*Eat citrus fruit/Take Vitamin C (500mg)

Night:
*Remove my makeup using baby wipes
*Wash my face with Cetaphil
*Use the toner -- This is when I found out that Cetaphil is so mild it doesn't remove the dirt on my face at all
*After 10min apply my Human Nature Moisturizer

**For Honey mask I will start using it once or twice a week starting next week.

--Hopefully this one work. Otherwise I will go see dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 01/10/2017 7:38 am

@Someday18 That's great - let me know how everything goes!

DeLovely liked