MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 03/24/2008 4:44 pm

so.. are you still clear??
MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 03/26/2008 1:04 pm

so.. are you still clear??

I am very happy to say YES, I am still clear!! It's been 63 days since I've been drinking this tea and in that time frame I've had 2 fairly small cysts that quietly went away after about a week and 2 tiny "normal" pimples that lasted about 3 days. This is a huge success for me!!!! I know that all good things eventually will come to an end...but I'm hoping I have quite a while before that happens. :D

MemberMember
(@soloness)

Posted : 03/26/2008 2:14 pm

nice :D I actually HATE TEA. especially rooibos(the taste). Luckly I live in South Africa and its grown here :P My mom and my grandmother drinks it so our house is full rooibos tea boxes :) hehe. I think am gona start drinking it as i got nothing to lose!.

by the way I only have acne on my chin/lip line and nose. mostly blackheads on my nose and inflamed acne on my chin area. I will give updates. cheers going to make me some now :)

MemberMember
(@cristine23)

Posted : 03/26/2008 3:50 pm

I just bought some of the tea online yesterday. I should get it in about 5-6 days and it will be my first time trying it. I hope I get good results!!

MemberMember
(@junebug1991)

Posted : 03/26/2008 3:52 pm

Just finished my 3rd huge mug.................phew.

This BETTER help.

MemberMember
(@aghaigh-dearg)

Posted : 03/26/2008 4:58 pm

Today I went to get tea at school, and they usually have lots of packs with different flavors. Tazo mostly. U know,the one that Starbucks uses. Anyway, there was a tea called African Red Bush, Igridients rooibos, hint of hibiscus flowers, lemon and sweet spices, a pinch of rosemary. It's not the same, but still is something. And maybe it's easier to find. I went to target, they have Tazo teas sometimes. They did not have it.:(

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/y..._1994_889434718

MemberMember
(@imre)

Posted : 03/26/2008 7:28 pm

I went to my local grocery store (Raley's) and looked in the Well Living / Organic food section and found some Rooibus Tea.

RedMellow.jpg

It says Red Mellow Bush but I think that's an older box because the one I have clearly says Rooibos and ORGANIC ~ Red Mellow Bush under it. It was about 5.49 for 18 tea bags, but next time I'll buy it online to save $$$ (Stash - 120 bags for 20 dollars).

I'll start drinking it tonight ... hopefully I can see results soon ... I'm desperate lol

MemberMember
(@imre)

Posted : 03/26/2008 8:26 pm

By the way, it doesn't really taste like anything... is that normal?

MemberMember
(@icogito)

Posted : 03/26/2008 11:01 pm

By the way, it doesn't really taste like anything... is that normal?
MemberMember
(@historydiva)

Posted : 03/27/2008 9:06 am

Bunnylips -

Big thank you for sharing your success with rooibos tea. Before I committed to buying the Republic of Tea version I bought Celestial Seasonings Rooibos tea for $2 to see if I responded to it.

Well - I have been drinking the tea for 1.5 days and my oil production is down. This makes Rooibos a nice alternative to green tea for me since green tea made me more oily. Plus, I really like Rooibos as a toner. I have mixed it with a few drops of ACV and my inflammatory acne is no longer inflamed. Rooibos tea seems to speed up the healing process that DIM helped get going for me. I will keep drinking this and report back on more long term results. What I see in the short term is very promising.

THANK YOU!!!

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 03/27/2008 3:55 pm

Bunnylips -

Big thank you for sharing your success with rooibos tea. Before I committed to buying the Republic of Tea version I bought Celestial Seasonings Rooibos tea for $2 to see if I responded to it.

Well - I have been drinking the tea for 1.5 days and my oil production is down. This makes Rooibos a nice alternative to green tea for me since green tea made me more oily. Plus, I really like Rooibos as a toner. I have mixed it with a few drops of ACV and my inflammatory acne is no longer inflamed. Rooibos tea seems to speed up the healing process that DIM helped get going for me. I will keep drinking this and report back on more long term results. What I see in the short term is very promising.

THANK YOU!!!

MemberMember
(@lax4life13)

Posted : 03/27/2008 5:35 pm

Rooibos tea tastes great, and I've been drinking it since about Monday, so may be I shouldn't have high hopes yet, but I guess I'm a little disappointed. It calmed quite a bad breakout almost immediately and I was doing ever so well until last night - when I had three big inflamed spot/cysts appear on my chin. I'm feel a bit shitty about it, because the initial evidence for its benefits were so fantastic. Perhaps I just need to keep on it and see what happens, or maybe I need not expect a miracle cure...but I want one!

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 03/27/2008 8:00 pm

Rooibos tea tastes great, and I've been drinking it since about Monday, so may be I shouldn't have high hopes yet, but I guess I'm a little disappointed. It calmed quite a bad breakout almost immediately and I was doing ever so well until last night - when I had three big inflamed spot/cysts appear on my chin. I'm feel a bit shitty about it, because the initial evidence for its benefits were so fantastic. Perhaps I just need to keep on it and see what happens, or maybe I need not expect a miracle cure...but I want one!
MemberMember
(@jaffa-man)

Posted : 03/27/2008 8:31 pm

rooibos tea is nice and healthy,but it does nothing for acne.

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 03/29/2008 12:42 am

i love the tea but since i'm low on dough [starving college student] i ran out of the tea and wasn't able to buy more

the tea gave me smoothe skin and people noticed i was glowing

only about 1-2 cysts would pop up now and then but nothing too major

when i stopped drinking cuz i ran out, my acne came back with a vengeance

right now im suffering from inflammation, redness and cysts everywhere

:(

i wish i can get more

im just waiting for my paycheck to roll in so hopefully i can buy the cheap version

any donations? lol

anyways...i dont think anyone answered my previous question...

do tea brands matter?

i guess it doesn't since people have been getting the same results despite the kind of brand

i went to lupicia [the tea store at the malls] a while back and wanted to get some fresh rooibos tea from them since they have different kinds of blends

its more expensive from my 2 for $2 one at target but maybe the better quality the better results?

not too sure but i'll give it a whirl

congrats to everyone's success!

keep on drinking!

i am luv4dietcoke and a rooibos tea convert. ;)

MemberMember
(@bunnylips)

Posted : 03/29/2008 8:52 am

i love the tea but since i'm low on dough [starving college student] i ran out of the tea and wasn't able to buy more

i wish i can get more

im just waiting for my paycheck to roll in so hopefully i can buy the cheap version

any donations? lol

do tea brands matter?

i guess it doesn't since people have been getting the same results despite the kind of brand

i went to lupicia [the tea store at the malls] a while back and wanted to get some fresh rooibos tea from them since they have different kinds of blends

its more expensive from my 2 for $2 one at target but maybe the better quality the better results?

keep on drinking!

MemberMember
(@jaffa-man)

Posted : 03/29/2008 9:16 am

Do you mind making your own tea bags? You can get very good quality rooibos from here for cheap,crap thing its not already in the tea bag,but its a very simple procedure and you can buy the tea bag things from the site aswell.Just need an iron. http://www.loveleafgarden.com/catalog/inde...3a80dcec28b4add

MemberMember
(@luv4dietcoke)

Posted : 03/30/2008 2:09 am

Do you mind making your own tea bags? You can get very good quality rooibos from here for cheap,crap thing its not already in the tea bag,but its a very simple procedure and you can buy the tea bag things from the site aswell.Just need an iron. http://www.loveleafgarden.com/catalog/inde...3a80dcec28b4add
MemberMember
(@soloness)

Posted : 03/30/2008 8:55 am

just curious how much did you guys pay for your tea?

MemberMember
(@jaffa-man)

Posted : 03/30/2008 6:34 pm

The link jaffa gave is the freshest tea you are going to get unless you grow it yourself

MemberMember
(@chelstron)

Posted : 03/30/2008 8:32 pm

I drink all sorts of tea all the time including loose roobois tea I put in tea bags myself and my acne is super severe with nice round cysts..

Meh.

MemberMember
(@historydiva)

Posted : 03/31/2008 8:38 am

i wish i can get more

any donations? lol

do tea brands matter?

keep on drinking!

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 03/31/2008 9:04 am

Do you have any recommendations of what I can add to this roobios tea to make it taste better. I do not like the taste at all! Ive tried adding honey and it does absolutely nothing! I prefer green tea.

MemberMember
(@soloness)

Posted : 03/31/2008 12:07 pm

try some lemon maybe