Notifications
Clear all

~My~ Subcision/microneedling Journey W/ 2 Week Protocol + More

MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 05/29/2015 10:12 pm

Did you find the Chinese cupping from amazon did the job? Did does it have enough suction? I'm planning on purchasing this for my upcoming subcision next Wednesday.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/29/2015 11:38 pm

Did you find the Chinese cupping from amazon did the job? Did does it have enough suction? I'm planning on purchasing this for my upcoming subcision next Wednesday.

Yeah. You'll have to fiddle wit hit a bit to get it going though but after that it's solid. Don't disassemble, just rinse the cup after you're done. Use the cord too!! & Joboba oil!!

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 06/04/2015 11:57 pm

Robertitoo, another question..

Your scars look similar to mine. When I pinch the skin of my cheeks (where there is scarring) and roll it between my fingers, the skin feels very thin in areas with scarring. Elsewhere it feels very thick. Did your scars ever feel like that?

I'm just wondering if what I have is fat loss under my scars and perhaps subcision wouldn't work on me?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/05/2015 1:02 pm

Your scars look similar to mine. When I pinch the skin of my cheeks (where there is scarring) and roll it between my fingers, the skin feels very thin in areas with scarring. Elsewhere it feels very thick. Did your scars ever feel like that?

I'm just wondering if what I have is fat loss under my scars and perhaps subcision wouldn't work on me?

Loss of fat and collagen...subcision will definitely help despite what people say... when they mention that subcision works only on 'tethered' scars. I'm proof... Microneedling will help too. Do you have pictures?

You might need to undergo 2-3 subcisions is you a significant amount of fat loss but suction method will retain the blood under the scarring for a longer period of time which will benefit you

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 06/06/2015 12:27 am

Here are some pics. The cheek scars appear more red than usual because I had just been exercising.

BTW, sorry to hijack your thread.

MemberMember
(@subwoffer)

Posted : 06/06/2015 5:34 pm

Hi Robertitoo.

I'm wondering why you opted for subcision with suctioning instead of subcision with fillers. I want to do subcision but I don't live in the US and all they offer here is subcision with fillers. What do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

MemberMember
(@rarryrison83)

Posted : 06/06/2015 9:32 pm

Hey Robertitoo did you ice your face during the sunctioning protocol to reduce the bruising?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/07/2015 7:05 am

Hi Robertitoo.

I'm wondering why you opted for subcision with suctioning instead of subcision with fillers. I want to do subcision but I don't live in the US and all they offer here is subcision with fillers. What do you think?

Thanks in advance :)

Because I can't necessarily afford fillers and subcision suction gives permanent results :/

Not to say that subcision filler doesn't give permanent results.

If you can afford it and can't opt for suctionining for 2 weeks then go for it :)

Hey Robertitoo did you ice your face during the sunctioning protocol to reduce the bruising?

I did not. The more swelling the better the results I believe

Here are some pics. The cheek scars appear more red than usual because I had just been exercising.

BTW, sorry to hijack your thread.

You probably should start off with a few sessions of TCA Cross (3-5) then go subcision suction and microneedling. Chemical peels here and there

No worries

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/07/2015 3:27 pm

Good advice Robertitoo.

d00little, I agree with Robertito, the empty space you feel under the skin in the scarred areas is most likely due to fat loss. Looking at your pictures, you can see that you've lost volume in the cheek area, which accentuates the scarring. I had EXACTLY the same issues.

Like Robertito said, the subcision injury will basically cause a hematoma underneath the skin (a collection of blood). This lump eventually reorganizes into scar tissue that plumps up the area. The suction is meant to induce more trauma, hence cause that pool of blood to stick around longer and prevent the skin from reattaching to the deeper layers.

The idea is to maximize results with subcision, and then whatever is left is fine tuned with filler so you end up spending less on it.

Robertito posted some great studies that showed that subcision can actually be used on most types of scars. In the past, most people thought that subcision could only be used on rolling scars, but it actually seems to help with everything EXCEPT ice pick scars. Rolling and box car scars seem to respond well.

Loss of fat and collagen...subcision will definitely help despite what people say... when they mention that subcision works only on 'tethered' scars. I'm proof... Microneedling will help too. Do you have pictures?

You might need to undergo 2-3 subcisions is you a significant amount of fat loss but suction method will retain the blood under the scarring for a longer period of time which will benefit you

Kay24 and Robertitoo liked
MemberMember
(@silverspoon)

Posted : 06/23/2015 9:15 pm

Hi,

Congrats on your results! I have a quick question - are you east asian? I've thought about doing subcision but I'm worried about the downsides of hyperpigmentation. How did you end up avoiding that and minimizing the risk?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 06/24/2015 11:49 am

Hi,

Congrats on your results! I have a quick question - are you east asian? I've thought about doing subcision but I'm worried about the downsides of hyperpigmentation. How did you end up avoiding that and minimizing the risk?

Thanks

No i'm actually latino with a european background. Thanks to acne it doesn't seem like it anymore.. :( Subcision is done in the dermis of your skin, not the epidermis so there's really nothing to worry about. I do however, use a automatic dermastamp as well as perform my own peels which targets both the epidermis - stratum corneum - and the dermis. So I do have to watch out for risks such as PIHyperpigmentation and PIErythema. For that reason I sun sunscreen religiously and also keep my skin moisturized.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/24/2015 10:21 pm

Robertitoo,

Seems like you keep doing a lot of maintenance through dermastamp and peels. I'm worried that the protocol requires a lot of downtime- it's not as easy as 1 subcision with a week of bruises followed by dermastamping with suctioning. Can one do a chemical peel/dermastamping on let's say Friday afternoon and look normal by Monday morning?

Thank you for the input :)

MemberMember
(@gummybear)

Posted : 06/25/2015 3:41 am

Can you post another picture update Robertitoo? In the May 11 update there are lots rolling scars but you're saying you had 70% improvement?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/25/2015 3:58 am

Subcision is pretty low risk in terms of scar treatment. All of the action is happening below the surface, so there is no open wound. The only real risks are excessive collagen production which could possibly leave a lump, but you can always treat that with cortisone injections.

Hi,

Thanks

MemberMember
(@madzippy)

Posted : 06/30/2015 9:25 pm

Hi Robertitoo,

Just wanted to also congratulate you on your results and to thank you for sharing your journey. I've scheduled my first subcision session with Dr. Rullan over a 3 day weekend in September to allow some time for healing. Figure I'd schedule the second and third over thanksgiving and Christmas. You've given us a lot of hope of what is possible.

Thanks again for sharing and continued good luck.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/06/2015 8:18 pm

Robertitoo,

Seems like you keep doing a lot of maintenance through dermastamp and peels. I'm worried that the protocol requires a lot of downtime- it's not as easy as 1 subcision with a week of bruises followed by dermastamping with suctioning. Can one do a chemical peel/dermastamping on let's say Friday afternoon and look normal by Monday morning?

Thank you for the input :)

Sorry for late responses guys!

I took 2 weeks and 3 days off to look 90% normal, But I'd say it was well worth it...

Subcision Day 1 - 4pm then needling @ 6-7 I forgot. Started suctioning day 2 after day 1

Microneedling = 1 to 2 days MAX. For example, if I were to have Sunday off I would needle aggressively in the afternoon on Saturday and by Monday I would look 95& normal!

Chemical peels = 1-12 hours downtime depending on peel. Sun screen and moisturizer is a must!

Can you post another picture update Robertitoo? In the May 11 update there are lots rolling scars but you're saying you had 70% improvement?

I'll post another update in 2 weeks prior to next needling session. Yeah, I still have scars in a few places but they look so much better now. Yeah I'd say 70%+ I'll be going in for another round of subcision + suction around christmas time! Hopefully it will be my last. I can't wait :) For now it's Needling, TCA peels and soon 3 more rounds of Vbeam spaced 4-7 weeks apart for lingering red marks.

Hi Robertitoo,

Just wanted to also congratulate you on your results and to thank you for sharing your journey. I've scheduled my first subcision session with Dr. Rullan over a 3 day weekend in September to allow some time for healing. Figure I'd schedule the second and third over thanksgiving and Christmas. You've given us a lot of hope of what is possible.

Thanks again for sharing and continued good luck.

Sounds great man! Out of those 3 try to do at least one suctioning protocol, it will call for a 2-3 week downtime but it's well worth it. What kind of scarring do you have? Pictures to share?

You liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/07/2015 1:32 am

Looking forward to the pics.

Can you label the pics clearly, because it was a little confusing to figure out the order. Maybe I'm just being slow.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/07/2015 7:12 pm

Looking forward to the pics.

Can you label the pics clearly, because it was a little confusing to figure out the order. Maybe I'm just being slow.

Yeasir

MemberMember
(@lotstolearn)

Posted : 07/07/2015 8:19 pm

Congratulations on the improvements! I was just wondering what mm length do you use when needling for your forehead, temples, and cheeks. And whether it's safe to do the nose. I've been doing 1.5mm on my cheeks, 0.5mm on my forehead and 1mm on my temple but it only bleeds a little but hurts so much.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/07/2015 10:00 pm

On 7/7/2015 at 6:19 PM, LotsToLearn said:

Congratulations on the improvements! I was just wondering what mm length do you use when needling for your forehead, temples, and cheeks. And whether it's safe to do the nose. I've been doing 1.5mm on my cheeks, 0.5mm on my forehead and 1mm on my temple but it only bleeds a little but hurts so much.

I go all out on my temples and cheeks @ 1.5mm Forehead I do .5 - 1mm. It's much easier with a automated device.

I don't needle my nose but I think .25 - .5 is fine. Nothing more then that

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/08/2015 12:16 pm

You can buy topical numbing cream like Dr. Numb online. Apply it then cover with saran / plastic wrap for 45 min, and that should numb you for 30 min.

On 7/7/2015 at 6:19 PM, LotsToLearn said:

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 07/20/2015 12:15 pm

Great results Robert!!

q about suctioning. Do you have to suction each scar? When the cup hit several scars is it enough to suction them al together?

Wait a sec. Is it subcision, dermaroller and tca peeling all in one session?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 07/20/2015 12:49 pm

Hard to say, but my shallow boxcars did show improvement after around 6 microneedling sessions. Microneedling is something I will definitely keep doing for the rest of my life though I will say that. It's much efficient and easier with a automated stamp though. :)

How much pressure did you use suctioning? just as much as you could tolerate pain wise? or is there a thing as too much suction?

2-3 pumps. Works best on damp skin! Didn't hurt, I though I would because the subcision made my face feel very sore.

2-3 pumps. What do you mean by that?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/20/2015 11:42 pm

Great results Robert!!

q about suctioning. Do you have to suction each scar? When the cup hit several scars is it enough to suction them al together?

Wait a sec. Is it subcision, dermaroller and tca peeling all in one session?

Thanks!

Yes and no - I made a small illustration on how I suctioned - BPFCooq.png

I had subcision done then performed my own needling right after I got home.

Jade11 liked
MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 07/20/2015 11:57 pm

Great results Robert!!q about suctioning. Do you have to suction each scar? When the cup hit several scars is it enough to suction them al together?Wait a sec. Is it subcision, dermaroller and tca peeling all in one session?

Thanks!Yes and no - I made a small illustration on how I suctioned - BPFCooq.pngI had subcision done then performed my own needling right after I got home.

Thank you for the information :)

Did you had both rolling and boxcar scars?