Notifications
Clear all

~My~ Subcision/microneedling Journey W/ 2 Week Protocol + More

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/07/2015 6:10 am

On 5/6/2015 at 5:48 PM, Robertitoo said:

I'm still here

Since I have the following Tuesday and Wednesday off, I'll be updating this blog this upcoming Monday the 11th with pictures and a video. If you have any questions or request, post them here.

All this prior to Microneedling monday night @ 1.5mm w/ my Derminator |::)

Stay tuned!

If anyone can recommend lighting tricks to expose more 'scars' let me know.

harsh lighting natural light like the sun would work well.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 05/08/2015 1:41 am

Especially if the sunlight is shining from behind you. Standing directly under dim yellowish light bulbs makes my scars look really bad too.

MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/09/2015 5:27 am

Oh wow, glad I finally realized this post exists and how great that it belongs to you. You were one of the first people to respond with encouragement and positivity to my very first post and I really appreciated it. I have to say, you win the award for best documention of journey. The photos, studies and even video! All have been so helpful..thank you. Geez. I live in CA and didn't even come across this dr. In my research. Time to go back to my drawing board. Glad he is a good one and very much looking forward to your future posts. Well done:)

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/11/2015 2:55 pm

I'm still here

Since I have the following Tuesday and Wednesday off, I'll be updating this blog this upcoming Monday the 11th with pictures and a video. If you have any questions or request, post them here.

Stay tuned!

How's that update and the video coming along ?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/11/2015 4:43 pm

I'll post it in

On 5/11/2015 at 12:55 PM, Hope01 said:

I'm still here

Stay tuned!

Currently working on it |::)

Hope01 liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/11/2015 5:12 pm

On 5/11/2015 at 2:43 PM, Robertitoo said:

I'll post it in

On 5/11/2015 at 12:55 PM, Hope01 said:

I'm still here

Stay tuned!

Currently working on it |::)

great look forward to it

MemberMember
(@jhole)

Posted : 05/12/2015 2:02 am

How much pressure did you use suctioning? just as much as you could tolerate pain wise? or is there a thing as too much suction?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/12/2015 1:18 pm

Here are the 3 videos I promised.

1. [Broken media removed]

2. [Broken media removed]

3. [Broken media removed]

(The reason I marked current acne lesions was because I didn't want to needle them, doing so would result in further scarring)

Picture album will be uploaded later today along with one or 2 more videos..no remiss I promise

Ang22, Tadamasa and liked
MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/12/2015 1:51 pm

On 5/12/2015 at 2:18 PM, Robertitoo said:

Here are the 3 videos I promised.

1. [Broken media removed]

2. [Broken media removed]

3. [Broken media removed]

(The reason I marked current acne lesions was because I didn't want to needle them, doing so would result in further scarring)

Picture album will be uploaded later today along with one or 2 more videos..no remiss I promise

dude you made the video private so we wont be able to view it

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/12/2015 2:04 pm

Fixed, i'll start uploading pics in a bit, pics are way better

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 05/12/2015 2:53 pm

Wow! Lots of improvement! You look great:)

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/12/2015 3:08 pm

Fixed, i'll start uploading pics in a bit, pics are way better

congrats looks like you got great results i can barely see your scarring do you think you will have any more procedures?.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/13/2015 5:51 pm

Here are the pictures I promised: Subcision Suction Microneedling: Update - May 11th <-- Pre Microneedling with Derminator @ 1.5-2.0.... --> Microneedling with Derminator May 11th

• [Broken media removed]
  • [Broken media removed]
  • [Broken media removed]

Important things to note/comments:

• I would say my scarring has improved a good 70%+
  • My temples showed the most improvement
  • Some scars never resurfaced, those that did look 10x better ^
  • I can now look at my face in the harsh lighting inside my bathroom
  • 3 or so nodules remain
  • Still battling with jawline acne which doesn't leave indented scarring but is very very annoying..any ideas?
MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 05/13/2015 9:04 pm

Rob,

I'm so happy for you.

You did your research, you got educated, you made the right choices and you shared them with everyone for free.

We are lucky to have you on this forum!

I can't wait to follow your footsteps when the time comes.

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 05/14/2015 3:13 pm

Hey Robertitoo congrats on your results, your skin looks awesome. I have a question, how did your scars respond when you microneedled before you had the subcision? I personally did not see much improvement from just dermastamping alone.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/14/2015 4:59 pm

Hard to say, but my shallow boxcars did show improvement after around 6 microneedling sessions. Microneedling is something I will definitely keep doing for the rest of my life though I will say that. It's much efficient and easier with a automated stamp though.

:)

How much pressure did you use suctioning? just as much as you could tolerate pain wise? or is there a thing as too much suction?

2-3 pumps. Works best on damp skin! Didn't hurt, I though I would because the subcision made my face feel very sore.

Tadamasa liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 05/15/2015 10:01 pm

Wow, congrats on the results! Super smooth :)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/23/2015 11:30 pm

2 month mini update: 70++% Improvement and it seems to keep getting better and better every week! I highly suggest everyone try the subcision suction method as well as throwing in some microneedling for extra benefits for rolling and even boxcar scarring before going any other route.

I can see myself achieving 90%+ results or even complete scar resolution in the future. Really? Well, I figure since some of my uglier scars never resurfaced, and the ones that did are 100x less shallower, that it's totally possible. |::)

4 keys to my success

• aggressive subcision (undermine every scar on your face)
  • aggressive microneedling (2.0mm+)
  • persistent and consistent suctioning (when following the 2 week protocol)
  • and patience (1-6+ months)
Swede_89, Jade11, blahblahblahblahz and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 05/24/2015 11:45 am

Hi Roberitoo, great thread. Can I ask what your microneedling schedule was like for the first 2 weeks after subcision, as well as afterwards?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/24/2015 1:36 pm

Hi Roberitoo, great thread. Can I ask what your microneedling schedule was like for the first 2 weeks after subcision, as well as afterwards?

I needled aggressively after I got home from the the doctor. I also did my second needling sessions 2 weeks ago. And I will do a 15% tca peel someday this week All this info is on the first page of this blog :)

MemberMember
(@emhfali)

Posted : 05/25/2015 3:58 am

robertitoo, to put the cherry on the top, it would be really helpful to some of us if you could post a tutorial video that shows an entire suction or microneedling session of yours on tape !

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/25/2015 10:26 am

I needled aggressively after I got home from the the doctor. I also did my second needling sessions 2 weeks ago. And I will do a 15% tca peel someday this week All this info is on the first page of this blog :)

Robertioo congratulations your post well defiantly help others. Are you planning another subversion? .

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/25/2015 1:07 pm

robertitoo, to put the cherry on the top, it would be really helpful to some of us if you could post a tutorial video that shows an entire suction or microneedling session of yours on tape !

Sure

Robertioo congratulations your post well defiantly help others. Are you planning another subversion? .

If I do it won't be until December and it would probably be the last subcision I ever recieve.

MemberMember
(@emhfali)

Posted : 05/26/2015 2:42 am

@robertitoo: thanks! after going through your thread again..is there any particular reason why you're using this kangzhu chinese cupping set? there are dozens of cupping sets out there, even smaller and hand-friendly ones specifically for facial cupping. all these sets seem to have the same or a similar working pump though. in what point differs this chinese set from the other ones? smaller cups? ..unfortunately it is not available in my country at the moment..

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/26/2015 7:41 am

@robertitoo: thanks! after going through your thread again..is there any particular reason why you're using this kangzhu chinese cupping set? there are dozens of cupping sets out there, even smaller and hand-friendly ones specifically for facial cupping. all these sets seem to have the same or a similar working pump though. in what point differs this chinese set from the other ones? smaller cups? ..unfortunately it is not available in my country at the moment..

Owndoc's cupping cup is perfect and I really enjoyed using it but I ended up dropping it by accident and breaking the cup. it comes with 2 other cups but they're quite small and if I had used them, my suction sessions would have taken much longer. The reason I went with the chinese cupping set is because I was desperate and it was only $20 and quite frankly the only one that had amazon prime rush delivery as an option. So in the end I paid $25 for next day delivery :D I would recommend Owndoc's version if you can't get the Chinese set.