Notifications
Clear all

Excision Surgery..finally! (Pics)

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 06/10/2014 2:15 am

If you plan to have second excision, I'd wait to do a resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) LAST. There's no point doing it, only to repeat it again.

I did have diamond fraise spot dermabrasion, meaning I only did a small area. Definitely don't do full face dermabrasion, that will be way too aggressive. You have to be prepared for the fact that you will have dark spots on your face if you do spot treatment though. It's completely coverable with makeup though.

As for timing, doctors theorize that at 6-8 weeks after excision the scars are still remodeling so if you resurface them at that time the result is much better than waiting until the scars have fully matured. Some doctors have claimed that if you do it then, the scars are almost imperceptible. That's what I've read, but obviously everyone's healing abilities are different.

Thanks a bunch!!

Yup I think I should wait after my 2nd excision then do resurfacing..the incision line is hardly noticeable, stitches mark that bother me..

hi poppy i meant spot dermasanding probably i am the same skin type as you dont get a full face just on the scar ask your ps do be gentle. Do you think you will be happy with the final results or still to hard to tell?. Keep us all updated honestly the scar i can barely see

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:07 am

Trust me it was worse before, it looks like I have a wrinkle on my forehead. Here's my before pic.

post-399337-0-62519700-1402394789_thumb.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:24 am

If you plan to have second excision, I'd wait to do a resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) LAST. There's no point doing it, only to repeat it again.

I did have diamond fraise spot dermabrasion, meaning I only did a small area. Definitely don't do full face dermabrasion, that will be way too aggressive. You have to be prepared for the fact that you will have dark spots on your face if you do spot treatment though. It's completely coverable with makeup though.

As for timing, doctors theorize that at 6-8 weeks after excision the scars are still remodeling so if you resurface them at that time the result is much better than waiting until the scars have fully matured. Some doctors have claimed that if you do it then, the scars are almost imperceptible. That's what I've read, but obviously everyone's healing abilities are different.

Thanks a bunch!!

Yup I think I should wait after my 2nd excision then do resurfacing..the incision line is hardly noticeable, stitches mark that bother me..

hi poppy i meant spot dermasanding probably i am the same skin type as you dont get a full face just on the scar ask your ps do be gentle. Do you think you will be happy with the final results or still to hard to tell?. Keep us all updated honestly the scar i can barely see

Thanks for your advice..I'll ask my PS to do spot treatment, only on my scars..I think I'll be happy once all the redness and stitches mark gone..

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:27 am

Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks for your advice..I'll ask my PS to do spot treatment, only on my scars..I think I'll be happy once all the redness and stitches mark gone..

for redness and the stitches hows is ur diet are you eating raw ?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:41 am

Update how my post-excision look like now..as you can see I still have indented scars that I want to excise, it shallow but still look really bad..

post-399337-0-75396400-1402396588_thumb.

post-399337-0-89711100-1402396625_thumb.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:35 am

Thanks a bunch!!

for redness and the stitches hows is ur diet are you eating raw ?

Well I don't have any certain diet, I eat raw food, cooked food but I try to eat less junk.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:57 am

Hi guys. I have this indented scar on my nose. I attached a pic but my phone cam is not that good to focus on the scar, but in person it is big and deep. Any suggestions? I am more on natural methods please. Oh and anyways would it help if i massage rosehip oil on my deep scar? Thank you. i attached some pics here. :) hoping for your help guys. :)

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:32 am

Hi guys. I have this indented scar on my nose. I attached a pic but my phone cam is not that good to focus on the scar, but in person it is big and deep. Any suggestions? I am more on natural methods please. Oh and anyways would it help if i massage rosehip oil on my deep scar? Thank you. i attached some pics here. :) hoping for your help guys. :)

Hi lenar..

I just had excision and my PS told me to massage the wounds to increase the speed of healing by increasing blood circulation to the area, it decreased scar tissue build up and make scar hardly noticeable but I think it only work for new scar.

I don't really think natural remedies will work for scars unless it superficial. Nowadays, there are so many available options for treating acne scars. Maybe you want to look for spot laser resurfacing or spot dermabrasion, have u tried to speak with ur dermatologist or plastic surgeon? Sorry, I don't think I'm good at giving recommendation cause everyone heal differently, what work for me maybe not work for you and reverse. Have u tried to PM members in this forum that had success fix scar on nose? they could recommend you based on their own experience. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:39 am

You're beautiful poppys Redness disappears with time

Is the surgeon does double suture?

How big is the fine line scar excision

I'm going to scalpel excision by a surgeon in 2 months .I'm afraid

Is scar excision and flat

Sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/10/2014 10:54 am

Thank you for the reply poppyw. I was just a silent reader before at acne.org but now im breaking my silence because I want now to heal. Would it be the same in our nose? I heard nose heals differently and does not do well with massaging. I really want this to heal. It irritates me and blocks me from doing social stuffs with people. Do you know someone who had success treatig their nose scar? Im glad you are healing poppyw. :)

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 11:03 am

You're beautiful poppys Redness disappears with time

Is the surgeon does double suture?

How big is the fine line scar excision

I'm going to scalpel excision by a surgeon in 2 months .I'm afraid

Is scar excision and flat

Sorry for my english

Wow, thanks oren!

My surgeon did double layer suture only for my deepest scars and the rest are single layer because they were not too deep. The line scar is hardly noticeable, it will leave a longer line than your original scar but it flat with the rest of your skin. My surgeon took out the stitches 7 days post excision, timing is important, you don't want to take out the stitches too early and risk your excision open up or leave it too long and risk with stitches mark. Take a good care of your excision and you will be happy with the result. Good luck with your upcoming excision!! I'm happy for you..

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 06/10/2014 4:23 pm

Such as my surgeon

How many millimeter

Tomorrow World Cup

Traduction

One two three viva algeria

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:50 pm

Thank you for the reply poppyw. I was just a silent reader before at acne.org but now im breaking my silence because I want now to heal. Would it be the same in our nose? I heard nose heals differently and does not do well with massaging. I really want this to heal. It irritates me and blocks me from doing social stuffs with people. Do you know someone who had success treatig their nose scar? Im glad you are healing poppyw.

Thank you for the reply poppyw. I was just a silent reader before at acne.org but now im breaking my silence because I want now to heal. Would it be the same in our nose? I heard nose heals differently and does not do well with massaging. I really want this to heal. It irritates me and blocks me from doing social stuffs with people. Do you know someone who had success treatig their nose scar? Im glad you are healing poppyw.

Hi lenar..

I just had excision and my PS told me to massage the wounds to increase the speed of healing by increasing blood circulation to the area, it decreased scar tissue build up and make scar hardly noticeable but I think it only work for new scar.

I don't really think natural remedies will work for scars unless it superficial. Nowadays, there are so many available options for treating acne scars. Maybe you want to look for spot laser resurfacing or spot dermabrasion, have u tried to speak with ur dermatologist or plastic surgeon? Sorry, I don't think I'm good at giving recommendation cause everyone heal differently, what work for me maybe not work for you and reverse. Have u tried to PM members in this forum that had success fix scar on nose? they could recommend you based on their own experience. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 6:54 pm

Such as my surgeon

How many millimeter

Tomorrow World Cup

Traduction

One two three viva algeria

I'm not quite sure though, I think ranging from 3-5 mm. Viva World Cup! Lol

MemberMember
(@discoinferno)

Posted : 06/10/2014 7:14 pm

It looks great! Congratulations :D

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/10/2014 7:37 pm

Thank you for the reply poppyw. I was just a silent reader before at acne.org but now im breaking my silence because I want now to heal. Would it be the same in our nose? I heard nose heals differently and does not do well with massaging. I really want this to heal. It irritates me and blocks me from doing social stuffs with people. Do you know someone who had success treatig their nose scar? Im glad you are healing poppyw. :)

I read from other post here, they said that Mr. Matt had success with TCA cross for nose scar. Just a thought maybe you can try to PM him and ask him directly.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/11/2014 12:49 am

Thats exciting, Poppy! I found a plastic surgeon nearby that will do excisions. So hard to find, bcs everybody is pushing lasers these days. And I'm not so impressed with lasers. Keep us posted! I am going to book a consult next week.your post inspired me to start looking at this method!

Hey ChrissyC..

Did u went for consult with PS? How was everything?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/11/2014 3:34 am

It looks great! Congratulations :D

Thanks a bunch!! My cheeks before were a mess and has that weird wavy texture but now it has improved. I'm still looking for improvement for the rest of my scars, hopefully after 2nd excision and dermabrasion I'll be happy and live with it.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 06/11/2014 6:27 am

Thank you poppyw! I hope you are going to heal faster and sooner. :) please keep us updated. We are happy for you. :)

I read from other post here, they said that Mr. Matt had success with TCA cross for nose scar. Just a thought maybe you can try to PM him and ask him directly.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/11/2014 9:11 am

Thank you poppyw! I hope you are going to heal faster and sooner. :) please keep us updated. We are happy for you. :)

U're so welcome lenar :)

Thanks..I'll keep you guys update!

Best of luck for you!! I hope you'll find the right treatment for you..

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/12/2014 5:00 am

This afternoon I took pics both cheeks in different lighting. My right cheek pic took in a bad lighting, duh, the rest of scars that didn't get excise look worse!! I can't wait to get those scars excise, this is weird but I feel that surgery scar much better than pitted scar. I used to get depressed everytime I look at my scars but now I don't feel so depressed cause excision will take care of it. I'm so impatience now, can't wait for 2nd excision and dermabrasion then hopefully all those scars and redness gone for good!!

post-399337-0-71449500-1402564751_thumb.

post-399337-0-32770700-1402565005_thumb.

MemberMember
(@attwater20)

Posted : 06/14/2014 8:24 am

Hi everyone

I have been a long time silent reader on the acne.org forums just like some other members have also mentioned but have only got the courage to actively participate now after the hope i got from seeing poppys brave decision for excision and her good progress

i just want to say poppy you look really great, if you dont mind could you please tell me how the skin feels where the area has been excised, does the skin feel level with the rest of your skin when you pass your hand over the excised area?

I am hoping to get excisions done for my deepest ice pick scars but am really scared and dont know anyone in the UK to do it

I dont know if you are allowed to put aloe vera gel poppy but i think if you can it will fade out some of the redness more quicker, maybe ou can ask your surgeon?

btw your forehead scar looks visually impossible to see now after the excision, its basically perfect now.

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 06/15/2014 5:39 pm

Poppyw you can translate the text please

j'espere que tu va bien.j'ai visite mon chirurgien.il ma dit que la rougeur va disparaitre avec le temps .

mise a jour poppyw .

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/16/2014 5:07 am

Hi everyone

I have been a long time silent reader on the acne.org forums just like some other members have also mentioned but have only got the courage to actively participate now after the hope i got from seeing poppys brave decision for excision and her good progress

i just want to say poppy you look really great, if you dont mind could you please tell me how the skin feels where the area has been excised, does the skin feel level with the rest of your skin when you pass your hand over the excised area?

I am hoping to get excisions done for my deepest ice pick scars but am really scared and dont know anyone in the UK to do it

I dont know if you are allowed to put aloe vera gel poppy but i think if you can it will fade out some of the redness more quicker, maybe ou can ask your surgeon?

btw your forehead scar looks visually impossible to see now after the excision, its basically perfect now.

Hi!

Glad to hear that my progress give hope to anyone in this community. Me too, I was lurking on this site before I decided to do acne scar revision, I've learned a lot from this site, I owe this community and hopefully I will give something back to this community. I tried to find information about excision but hardly find any good before and after pics, I scared that I would end up worse than before I started.

I have this line scar level with the rest of skin, it barely visible and can't feel any indentation when I pass my hand over the excised area, the redness make it stand out but I'll have resurfacing to help with the redness after my 2nd excision.

I'm sure you have done your research about excision. I hope you'll find a good PS if you decided to go for it.

Thanks a bunch for the info, I'll try to ask my PS about this.

Well I'm happy too with how it looks now, my forehead looks normal, believe me it was really bad before.

Best of luck for you, keep us update and please feel free to ask me if you have any other questions!

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/16/2014 6:46 am

Poppyw you can translate the text please

j'espere que tu va bien.j'ai visite mon chirurgien.il ma dit que la rougeur va disparaitre avec le temps .

mise a jour poppyw .

Hi oran..

So your surgeon said that the redness will be fade in time, my surgeon said the same, I know I shouldn't worry too much but couldn't help myself not to..lol..but thanks anyway..