Notifications
Clear all

Excision Surgery..finally! (Pics)

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 05/31/2014 9:46 am

the scars will look more soft and fill in over time 3-6months but with excision youre trading a scar you dont like for something you will hopefully like

Thanks for the info! I don't mind with line scar as long as it's not indented, it will be easier to cover with concealer. Hopefully it still continue improving

consume that fruit and veg then your indoneasia you have acess to the best there

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 05/31/2014 10:37 am

PoppyW you are beautiful the red line will disappear with time from 3 weeks My surgeon said that the fine line will disappear.

let forume living for all of us post its result

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/31/2014 11:07 am

the scars will look more soft and fill in over time 3-6months but with excision youre trading a scar you dont like for something you will hopefully like

Thanks for the info! I don't mind with line scar as long as it's not indented, it will be easier to cover with concealer. Hopefully it still continue improving

consume that fruit and veg then your indoneasia you have acess to the best there

Yes will do, thanks :)

PoppyW you are beautiful the red line will disappear with time from 3 weeks My surgeon said that the fine line will disappear.

let forume living for all of us post its result

Wow thanks oren, you made my day! Have you got excision before? I'll try my best to post my progress since I'll start my new job in Bali. Yay!!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/31/2014 6:25 pm

Poppy, how long do you intend to wait before your next set of excisions? Personally, I'd wait to see the true final results from this session first, then decide how to proceed. I know we all want to get rid of the scars as soon as possible, but moving slowly and methodically will minimize your chances of complications.

ChrissyC liked
MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/31/2014 7:45 pm

looks great!

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/31/2014 8:21 pm

Poppy, how long do you intend to wait before your next set of excisions? Personally, I'd wait to see the true final results from this session first, then decide how to proceed. I know we all want to get rid of the scars as soon as possible, but moving slowly and methodically will minimize your chances of complications.

I really want to get it done a month from my first excision but my PS said that I should wait for at least 3 months, he concerned if I get it done too early, it will put too much tension in my skin and the wounds still not strong enough. What do you think? I haven't decided yet, the rest of scars not really bother me anymore but I really want to get rid all of them. I'm so impatience..lol

looks great!

Thanks Rob! I was worried before cause heard a lot horror stories about excision, consider myself as lucky ;)

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 05/31/2014 8:32 pm

i may try this one day ... i think your gonna see good results

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 05/31/2014 8:50 pm

i may try this one day ... i think your gonna see good results

Hopefully, finger crossed for me! Good luck Rob, keep us update if you decided to go with this procedure..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/01/2014 5:12 am

I think you have a good doctor,because he is clearly thinking about the long-term implications. I agree that you should wait a little longer because if there are too many excisions in one area, it will cause excessive tension on the skin. This will pull apart the excision line.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/01/2014 8:38 am

I think you have a good doctor,because he is clearly thinking about the long-term implications. I agree that you should wait a little longer because if there are too many excisions in one area, it will cause excessive tension on the skin. This will pull apart the excision line.

Yup I agreed, I think I should wait longer till everything completely heal, I don't want to rush it if at the end I will be disappointed with the outcome. I keep taped the wound and massage it with silicone gel, in your case how long it will take till the wound filled in and the redness gone?

MemberMember
(@cad)

Posted : 06/01/2014 7:32 pm

Poppy! Congratz!

Where is the hole?

Don't u start to miss it? Lol

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/03/2014 5:04 am

Poppy! Congratz!

Where is the hole?

Don't u start to miss it? Lol

Lol..I still have scars though..still a long way to go..but thanks!!

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 06/03/2014 1:17 pm

when r you puttin up new pics?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:41 am

Hi everyone..

So I'm here one week and five days after my first excision, I'm worrying those railroad track mark, it start to fade slowly but still visible. The incision line look like a faint line scar, you have to look really close to see it and I believe it will be improve in time. Scar in my forehead respond really well with excision, it has closed up, no line and indentation. So far I'm happy with the result, line scar is much better than pitted scar. I'll wait for the final result, before schedule for my 2nd excision and hopefully will be the last!

post-399337-0-86846800-1401887249_thumb.

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 06/04/2014 11:22 am

thank you poppyw .redness will disappear .is what makes your dual suture.how many scars you will do

sorry for my english

MemberMember
(@zavvi)

Posted : 06/04/2014 1:09 pm

Hi everyone..

So I'm here one week and five days after my first excision, I'm worrying those railroad track mark, it start to fade slowly but still visible. The incision line look like a faint line scar, you have to look really close to see it and I believe it will be improve in time. Scar in my forehead respond really well with excision, it has closed up, no line and indentation. So far I'm happy with the result, line scar is much better than pitted scar. I'll wait for the final result, before schedule for my 2nd excision and hopefully will be the last!

thanks poppy for updating us everything looks good with that line scar if it doesnt improve further maybe you can look into a slight dermasanding or dermbrasion to get rid of it but i am sure theres a way to get rid of a small line scar good luck

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 06/04/2014 1:48 pm

looks great ...did u have rolling scars ?

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/04/2014 6:17 pm

thank you poppyw .redness will disappear .is what makes your dual suture.how many scars you will do

sorry for my english

Hi Oren..

Your english is fine ;)

I'm not sure how many but I still have some shallow scars that I want to excise. I hope my PS will do it for me cause he said the scars too shallow and you can't tell from my pic.

Hi everyone..

thanks poppy for updating us everything looks good with that line scar if it doesnt improve further maybe you can look into a slight dermasanding or dermbrasion to get rid of it but i am sure theres a way to get rid of a small line scar good luck

Thanks Zavvi..

So with dermasanding or dermabrasion, they will sanded out the top layer of our skin with wire or diamond fraise? Any thought, which one will give a better result? A bit worry with my skin type and the procedure itself sounds extremely painful. I think I'll wait after my 2nd excision to do dermabrasion.

looks great ...did u have rolling scars ?

Thanks Rob..

I don't think I have any rolling scar, I have some boxcars that close together and look like rolling scar..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/05/2014 2:08 pm

Don't do wire brush. That is extremely radical, and has a real potential to gouge the skin deeply. Way way too aggressive given that you don't have major scarring.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/06/2014 6:21 pm

Don't do wire brush. That is extremely radical, and has a real potential to gouge the skin deeply. Way way too aggressive given that you don't have major scarring.

Thanks! Do u think diamond fraise will work to fade incision line and stitch mark? Those stitches mark bother me a lot. I heard excision should be follow up with dermabrasion 6-8 weeks after to smooth everything out. But I'm planning to have 2nd excision, do u think it will be fine to wait until I had 2nd excision?

MemberMember
(@oran31000)

Posted : 06/07/2014 11:25 am

Poppyw. Lines disappear with time. updates??

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/07/2014 1:41 pm

If you plan to have second excision, I'd wait to do a resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) LAST. There's no point doing it, only to repeat it again.

I did have diamond fraise spot dermabrasion, meaning I only did a small area. Definitely don't do full face dermabrasion, that will be way too aggressive. You have to be prepared for the fact that you will have dark spots on your face if you do spot treatment though. It's completely coverable with makeup though.

As for timing, doctors theorize that at 6-8 weeks after excision the scars are still remodeling so if you resurface them at that time the result is much better than waiting until the scars have fully matured. Some doctors have claimed that if you do it then, the scars are almost imperceptible. That's what I've read, but obviously everyone's healing abilities are different.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/08/2014 11:55 pm

Poppyw. Lines disappear with time. updates??

Incision line level with the rest of skin, still have redness and stitches mark, make everything look awful but still a lot better than pitted scars and still continue healing. I haven't take any pics lately, but I'll update soon..this pic how my incision line in my forehead..

post-399337-0-67261600-1402288296_thumb.

MemberMember
(@poppyw)

Posted : 06/09/2014 7:52 pm

If you plan to have second excision, I'd wait to do a resurfacing (laser, dermabrasion) LAST. There's no point doing it, only to repeat it again.

I did have diamond fraise spot dermabrasion, meaning I only did a small area. Definitely don't do full face dermabrasion, that will be way too aggressive. You have to be prepared for the fact that you will have dark spots on your face if you do spot treatment though. It's completely coverable with makeup though.

As for timing, doctors theorize that at 6-8 weeks after excision the scars are still remodeling so if you resurface them at that time the result is much better than waiting until the scars have fully matured. Some doctors have claimed that if you do it then, the scars are almost imperceptible. That's what I've read, but obviously everyone's healing abilities are different.

Thanks a bunch!!

Yup I think I should wait after my 2nd excision then do resurfacing..the incision line is hardly noticeable, stitches mark that bother me..

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/10/2014 1:04 am

Looks good. Honestly, if you didn't say anything, from this picture, I can barely see a trace of any surgery on forehead.